PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Quick Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forever
March 3rd, 2011, 04:28 AM
[css-div="float: right; width: 200px; border: 1px solid #b1b1b1; background: #f6f6f6; color: black; padding-left: 10px; padding-right:10px; padding-top:10px;margin-left: 10px;"][css-div="color: rgb(55, 96, 146); font-weight: bold; font-size: 9pt;"]Thread Rules[/css-div]http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/eventimages/eastereggs/09.png

Thank you posts ARE allowed
No posting or discussing ROMs
No posts asking for battles or trades
You may ask for Action Replay codes here[/css-div][a id]General Information[/a id][css-span="font-weight: bold; color: #17365d;"]Quick Questions[/css-span]
Do you need help with the games? Ask here! I'm sure most of you can help each other out as you play through the games. This thread is also for any questions relating to the Dream World, so ask your questions here instead of making a thread in the actual forum. If you want, you are allowed to repost your questions from the last thread.

As a note, if you want to know how well a Pokemon fares in battle, how to make a Pokemon the best it can be, or how to design a nice team, then that best fits in In-Game Team Help's Team Questions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287503).

[css-span="font-weight: bold; color: #4f81bd;"]Helpful Links[/css-span]

Do you have a question about the games? Try to find the answer to your question in our FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=244502#top1).

Do you think Ruby and Sapphire will get a remake? Discuss it here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282875) instead of posting in this section.
Do you want a quick battle? Ask here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287473).
Do you need help getting a certain Pokemon? Trade for it here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278248).
Do you need emulation help? Ask here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232482).
Do you need team help? Ask for it here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236).

bwburke94
March 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Is any backtracking required prior to the Elite Four?

Zerrah.
March 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
What are the breeding mechanics for passing on Dream World abilities?

Also, I heard that EV training has changed, can anyone fill me in?

Fushigidane-Chan
March 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Is any backtracking required prior to the Elite Four?

A bit.

You'll have to return to the Resort Desert and access the Ancient Castle sometime before the eighth gym.

What are the breeding mechanics for passing on Dream World abilities?

Female Pokémon with hidden abilities have a 40% chance of passing on the hidden ability to their offspring.

Also, I heard that EV training has changed, can anyone fill me in?

It hasn't.

MrGriszell
March 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
what season does the u.s version starts in?

Forever
March 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
what season does the u.s version starts in?

Autumn, following the trend from Spring in September.
(This is only if your DS clock is set to March).

Weavile05
March 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
In the options menu, at the bottom, there is a check box. What does it do?

Tropical Sunlight
March 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
In the options menu, at the bottom, there is a check box. What does it do?
It lets you register that feature.
You can access it by pressing Y. Multiple things can be registered :D

The X mark lets you exit the entire menu without having to press B several times.

iSoul
March 4th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know what the third Pokemon game is going to be? I would image it would be something like silver or grey.

Alli
March 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
^ No one knows, but Silver has been made, so it won't be that.

Are Black/White getting released a day early or something? Somebody mentioned getting Black tomorrow (which is the 5th) and it seems like they got released early in Europe. I'm really confused. :(

pkmntrainerpaul
March 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM
^ No one knows, but Silver has been made, so it won't be that.

Are Black/White getting released a day early or something? Somebody mentioned getting Black tomorrow (which is the 5th) and it seems like they got released early in Europe. I'm really confused. :(
Nope, Europe is getting the games at the 4th of March while USA gets them the 6th.

Fushigidane-Chan
March 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
That said, a lot of people have gotten early copies.

Boomburst
March 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know what the third Pokemon game is going to be? I would image it would be something like silver or grey.

We haven't heard a whimper about them at all, so no one knows about the third game yet, but it is certain to happen.

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/175.gif

tajio
March 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Some people that pre-ordered the games got them like a day or two early :) (Including me!)

Forever
March 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Adding to what the others said, speculate on the third game here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233454) :)

Bluemoon
March 4th, 2011, 07:48 PM
iS THERE A gts in pokemon Black and white?

Kenshin5
March 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
GTS is exclusive to Fourth Generation games. Now we have Pokemon Global Link as a replacement to GTS, just like Pokeshifter is a replacement too Pal Park.

Queen of Darkness
March 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM
How can you transfer pokemon from the dream world back to your game?

Fushigidane-Chan
March 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM
GTS is exclusive to Fourth Generation games. Now we have Pokemon Global Link as a replacement to GTS, just like Pokeshifter is a replacement too Pal Park.

Not true.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GTS#In_Black_and_White

The GTS is no longer an individual location, but all its options can still be accessed through ordinary Pokemon Centers.

Merovin
March 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Can you still do normal free wifi battles with friends? I just tried and it gave the choice to enter 3, is there a way round this?

Geo_mani
March 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Do these games work with the advanced setup (in the internet settings )of nintendo dsi?

CommunityGamer
March 5th, 2011, 11:03 AM
not sure. id assume so however.

Geo_mani
March 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Someone who is sure?Please!!!!

Fushigidane-Chan
March 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Can you still do normal free wifi battles with friends? I just tried and it gave the choice to enter 3, is there a way round this?

Yeah, you can. Are you sure you're speaking to the correct receptionist / going with the correct options?

Kaori
March 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
CommunityGamer, if you aren't sure, saying so won't help either.

Merged with our Help thread where I'm positive someone will be able to help you. :]

Merovin
March 5th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah, you can. Are you sure you're speaking to the correct receptionist / going with the correct options?

I believe so - middle? Set the rules as unrestricted, but it showed our party Pokémon before hand and we had to select 3. Kind of ruined the fun as we plan to battle after each gym like an extra rival.

Chatot Lover
March 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Do people treat the Victini caught on Liberty Island with the Liberty Pass like a true event? In other words, will people trade me another event for it or is it just a "normal" Pokémon like the others you can catch in the game?

Kaori
March 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Do people treat the Victini caught on Liberty Island with the Liberty Pass like a true event? In other words, will people trade me another event for it or is it just a "normal" Pokémon like the others you can catch in the game?

Considering its the only way to obtain Victini (as for now, I suppose) I would suggest asking for another event Pokémon or something of your interest in return for it, as it is a true event. Victini isn't obtainable within the games, so the current event going on is the only way of receiving it at the moment.

Chatot Lover
March 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I see, thanks Kaori!

I was asking because I wanted to keep Victini in my team but since it's a real event, I wonder if it isn't better leaving it UT.

Kenshin5
March 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Its just the same as New Moon Darkrai or Flower Paradise Shaymin. It does not have much value amount event trades as it is a Global Wifi Event. If you want a Victini of value it would be Movie 14 Victini, since it will be distributed via Wireless instead of Wifi(at least in Japan, pending the follow past movie event trends).

KieronGames
March 5th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Kinda In-Game, kinda not :-/
Well during the intro, while N is being crowned, there's two girls.
Do they appear in-game? I wanna thrash them >:3

wakachamo
March 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Do these games work with the advanced setup (in the internet settings )of nintendo dsi?

Yes they do. Pokémon Black/White support WPA encryption in addition to WEP.

Perrie ✿
March 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Kinda In-Game, kinda not :-/
Well during the intro, while N is being crowned, there's two girls.
Do they appear in-game? I wanna thrash them >:3

They appear in the game during the ending in the castle; however you cannot battle them, actually the pink haired one heals your team :]

Sora's Nobody
March 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
So.. The global Link will first be open the 30th?

Zerrah.
March 5th, 2011, 07:43 PM
When doing a WiFi battle, can we make it 6v6?

Are the levels ever set to 50 or 100?

Shadow
March 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
So.. The global Link will first be open the 30th?

The international launch (re-launch for Japan) is currently slated for the 30th of March. Hopefully they don't delay it further or multiple times (like Japan).

Beechlgz
March 6th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I'm confused at Nacrene gym! I'm on the last clue and it doesn't make any sense.

"From this bookshelf... Move two backward, move one to the left, move two forward, move one to the right, and move one backward..."

So if you do that, you step of the ladder on the first step and away from the ladder on the second step. Then you move to the left and move two back up to find yourself right next to the ladder. You can't move one right because the latter is blocking the way!

I can't think of any other way to interpret this clue. I've been stuck on it for ages and can't find anything on the internet that explains it.

Perrie ✿
March 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM
I'm confused at Nacrene gym! I'm on the last clue and it doesn't make any sense.

"From this bookshelf... Move two backward, move one to the left, move two forward, move one to the right, and move one backward..."

So if you do that, you step of the ladder on the first step and away from the ladder on the second step. Then you move to the left and move two back up to find yourself right next to the ladder. You can't move one right because the latter is blocking the way!

I can't think of any other way to interpret this clue. I've been stuck on it for ages and can't find anything on the internet that explains it.

Actually there was several explanations in the older Simple Questions thread ~ But anywho,

Basically from that one, which is the first on the right, just go to the one above it with the young girl standing on the ladder once she's beaten and the books been read; the case will move showing the secret stairs ~

Does anyone know where the happiness checker is? :c I wanna know who far of Woobat and Swadloon are from evolving

Kon~
March 6th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Which is better for a team, Reuniclus or Bouffalant?

I love them both but I don't want to have Pokémon in my PC (for reasons I'm not even gonna get into here >.> ) so I only have room in my party for one. Who should I pick, considering I'm one route away from Reuniclus and a whole bunch away from Bouffalant?

Perrie ✿
March 6th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Which is better for a team, Reuniclus or Bouffalant?

I love them both but I don't want to have Pokémon in my PC (for reasons I'm not even gonna get into here >.> ) so I only have room in my party for one. Who should I pick, considering I'm one route away from Reuniclus and a whole bunch away from Bouffalant?

Well obviously Reuniclus is better, because it's more diverse than Bouffalant.

Plus your right near the jelly <: and ages away from the Moo Cow. ;;

Haza
March 6th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I it true that there is no coding for the Johto Pokeballs in Black and White?

skyluigi2
March 6th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I it true that there is no coding for the Johto Pokeballs in Black and White?

Even if there is there's no point because there's no way to obtain them.

Forever
March 6th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Dont know here to post this but has anyone made a gen 5 pokemon trainer card generator yet?, didnt find anyone by searhing on google, I would really apreciate if someone told me where to find one so I can make a new avatar on pokecommunity

Mhm, doesn't belong here, how about sending a Private or Visitor Message to Logiedan (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=137356), since he mods the pixel sections, which includes trainer cards, so he might be able to help.

Zvezda
March 6th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Can I use any Celebi to unlock Zorua? I have a Japanese Celebi and an English copy of Black. =/

Boomburst
March 6th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Can I use any Celebi to unlock Zorua? I have a Japanese Celebi and an English copy of Black. =/

It needs to be a fateful encounter celebi, if it is then I don't see why.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 04:08 AM
It has to be a Celebi from the movie or the one currently being distributed. Once you've transferred it, you'll be told whether it can be used to unlock it by viewing the trainer memo.

Once it's been used, it cannot activate the event ever again.

Mew~
March 6th, 2011, 04:16 AM
I don't like to spam or anything but a few people may have missed my question so i'll repost it. (I'll delete the previous post so it isn't so spammy)

Question,
Are the words to unlock the Relocator for the uk versions of Black and White the same as the japanese version?

Zvezda
March 6th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Yeah, it's the movie one. Gonna try it now; thank you both. :)

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I don't like to spam or anything but a few people may have missed my question so i'll repost it. (I'll delete the previous post so it isn't so spammy)

Question,
Are the words to unlock the Relocator for the uk versions of Black and White the same as the japanese version?

Apparently, the phrase to activate the Transfer Machine is still "EVERYONE HAPPY" "SIMPLE CONNECTION".
edit: A lot of problems here would've been easily resolved if people would read the FAQ, myself included. I was gonna test the phrase to follow up on this, but I see I don't have a need to anymore. :(

Boomburst
March 6th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Apparently, the phrase to activate the Transfer Machine is still "EVERYONE HAPPY" "WI-FI CONNECTION" - the same phrase from the 4th Generation games. Worth a try. (What does it have to do with Wi-Fi?)

Uhh, it's actually 'EVERYONE HAPPY SIMPLE CONNECTION'.

SilverCrown
March 6th, 2011, 06:21 AM
When doing a WiFi battle, can we make it 6v6?

Are the levels ever set to 50 or 100?

I've only had one random wi-fi battle, and the Pokemon were set to level 50. But I believe you can set the level of them to 100 if you do it through the place where you can battle your friends.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 06:36 AM
The options for Wi-Fi battles are at "Flat" and no rules, where the Levels are set to 50. All Wi-Fi random matches appear to be set at 50. You can also set the battle type (Single, Double, Rotation and Triple), as well as enable the Miracle Shooter.

Narutofan9991
March 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Are there alot of trianers? I want to rotate 9 pokemon and I dont want level 40 pokemon by the end! XD

Sora's Nobody
March 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Are there alot of trianers? I want to rotate 9 pokemon and I dont want level 40 pokemon by the end! XDQuite a few, Not enough for 9 i don't think ..

HaloSonic
March 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Is black and White Able to upload 3rd gen pokemon, or do I have to feed them through Gen IV before they can get to Gen V?

Geo_mani
March 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I would like to know some things about the dream world?How do you access it?(a video would be even better)lso,to access it by the wi-fi,does the modem (from which you take the internet)need to be the same with the computer (in which you use the dream world)?

Forever
March 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I would like to know some things about the dream world?How do you access it?(a video would be even better)lso,to access it by the wi-fi,does the modem (from which you take the internet)need to be the same with the computer (in which you use the dream world)?

Since it's a simple question, merged with this thread.
Not really sure about the info behind it, but I know you can't access it until the 30th.

Blake3one6
March 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
woah, there is a dream world!??

Mew~
March 6th, 2011, 09:49 AM
This should explain everything for you guys;
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-au/global-link/dream-world/

Team Fail
March 6th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Is black and White Able to upload 3rd gen pokemon, or do I have to feed them through Gen IV before they can get to Gen V?

You need to put them on a 4th Gen. game first.

montrider
March 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I had a Shiny Celebi from a friend on my Heartgold for the last year. How do I trade it onto my new Pokemon White?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Mew~
March 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
If you would like to use it to get the Zorua available in Black and White you will have to use the Relocator feature, there is a page detailing this feature on serebii, here;
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/relocator.shtml

Forever
March 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I had a Shiny Celebi from a friend on my Heartgold for the last year. How do I trade it onto my new Pokemon White?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Merged with simple questions. Ask your questions here next time.

Dark Azelf
March 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Can you use AR with English B/W ? I understand there was a problem of some sort with the Jap version of it with an AR.

KieronGames
March 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
How do you use the Poke Transfer?
I didn't think the Gen IV games had B/W data from it to be transferred to.

Perrie ✿
March 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Can you use AR with English B/W ? I understand there was a problem of some sort with the Jap version of it with an AR.

Sadly no \: I've tried ;; But Codejunkies has released a new Ar Dsi that has Black and White codes on, so hopefully those ones may work, otherwise it's pretty pointless to release a device that has codes that won't work.

Bandito911
March 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Is it better to evolve a pokemon straight away or wait a bit before you let it evolve? you used to only be able to learn certain moves if you didnt evolve it, dunno if thats still the case...

Buoysel
March 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Is it better to evolve a pokemon straight away or wait a bit before you let it evolve? you used to only be able to learn certain moves if you didnt evolve it, dunno if thats still the case...

Head over to Bulbapedia and check out the Pokemon you are wondering about. Towards the bottom of the page, there is a list of moves the Pokemon learns and what level, compare it to the list on the evolved form to deiced if you should or not. It all boils down to personal preference.

Alli
March 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
How do you use the Poke Transfer?
I didn't think the Gen IV games had B/W data from it to be transferred to.

Well they don't, but that has nothing to do with it since it's not like you're sending anything from BW to a gen IV game. It's just an upgraded migration really, but unlike migration, you can't have Pokemon holding items when you send them over to BW. You can read more about it here (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/poketransfer.shtml).

Now, when using the Relocator, does my shiny beast have to be in my party, my PC, or does it really matter? And it does let me pick what I want to transfer, right?

spiderpigryan
March 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Do you need all hms for victory road and where do you get them from I have got surk cut and fly where do i get others please help need to get to E4

wild salamence
March 6th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Has anyone in the US who preordered their games not recieved them yet? It's sunday so maybe I should expect them tomorrow

Shadow
March 6th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Has anyone in the US who preordered their games not recieved them yet? It's sunday so maybe I should expect them tomorrow

That would depend on who you're getting them from. A lot of mail and shipping service doesn't run on Sunday, so you either got it early yesterday or get it tomorrow if you ordered online.

I haven't heard of a store lacking the games (though the local Walmart refuses to sell until Tuesday or were stating that last week).

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Do you need all hms for victory road and where do you get them from I have got surk cut and fly where do i get others please help need to get to E4
You don't need HMs at all - the only story-mandatory HM is Cut. Strength would be nice if you want to create a shortcut to the top in case you find yourself going back to the Pokémon Center often to heal up.

Matt 24
March 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
When is trading enabled in Pokemon WHITE/BLACK?

Kenshin5
March 6th, 2011, 06:24 PM
You will get Pal Pad from Amanita after you completed Dream Mist quest. Then you can have access to wifi trading, if it is wireless you may be able to do it after you beat Striation Gym.

jadef7
March 6th, 2011, 06:51 PM
i want to no the most eefficent way to train my pokemon without them losing any points or w/e

i kind of no how ev's work, but i am not quite sure
but if i traded pokemon with a friend and we traded back, i would get boosted xp, but how would that affect the pokemons stats? could i stilll use him in duels, battles, wifi battles, etc...? and how can i raise the strongest pokemon
please try and explain to me in detail, thanks so much

JAde

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Exactly how rare is the shaking grass supposed to be, cause I can't seem to encounter it that much at all.

Dispiacere
March 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
So me being the smart person that I am, thought for a couple hours that march was the 5th month. I was surprised when I started my game and it was spring, but I didn't even think i got the date wrong til I played for a while. I changed the date to the proper time(i want to play 100% fairly, and that means waiting for the seasons to change) but when I started the game up I still was greated with "Spring". why isn't it changing season?

**Went into a building, thanks**

wild salamence
March 6th, 2011, 07:12 PM
A traded pokemon won't have different stats than if it weren't traded once it has all 510 evs (especially if it's ev trained). However because of the boost in expierience after battles it requires fewer battles to level up, so it might gain its evs across more levels. That difference would be minimal and it will end up with the same stats.

To make a pokemon as strong as possible it needs to have the right nature and max ivs the right stats and a good ev distribution.

Forever
March 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
So me being the smart person that I am, thought for a couple hours that march was the 5th month. I was surprised when I started my game and it was spring, but I didn't even think i got the date wrong til I played for a while. I changed the date to the proper time(i want to play 100% fairly, and that means waiting for the seasons to change) but when I started the game up I still was greated with "Spring". why isn't it changing season?

Merged with simple questions. Wait either 24 hours or go inside a building (forgot which one) and it should change. Unless it's something else completely.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
To clarify, so long as you're always outside or inside, the season doesn't change. So simply change between an outside area to an inside (go in a building) or the other way around and the season changes.

shengar
March 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Is it appropriate for me asking about Dsi region lock here?

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Is it appropriate for me asking about Dsi region lock here?
I would think so. As long as it's a relatively simple question and pertains to Pokemon Black or White, you should be fine.

iMareth
March 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
When exactly is it a good time to transfer the Dog Trio and Celebi from Gamestop for the Zorua and Zoroark event in game?

shengar
March 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I would think so. As long as it's a relatively simple question and pertains to Pokemon Black or White, you should be fine.

Okay then. Can anyone please tell me about this Dsi Enhanced region lock?

Griffinbane
March 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know of a pair of really good HM slaves? I'm thinking Skarmory and Bibarel, B/W version. (Cuz lyk...this spreading out HMs between entire party is gettin' annoyin'.)

Elite Four Lucian
March 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM
How do we Trade and Battle wirelessly on Black and White? the only way I see to do it is with IR...

rstevenson1976
March 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I ordered pokemon black on a website that I have a credit account on, I'll get it shipped on the 28th, is there anything I'm going to regret not getting to do or lose sleep over?

Elite Four Lucian
March 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I dunno yet, It doesn't seem like your able to battle or trade wirelessly...

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 09:11 PM
When exactly is it a good time to transfer the Dog Trio and Celebi from Gamestop for the Zorua and Zoroark event in game?
Any time. Just activate the Relocator - see the FAQ for more info.

Okay then. Can anyone please tell me about this Dsi Enhanced region lock?
If you have the English games, it doesn't concern you. If you're curious though, you can read the FAQ about it.

Does anyone know of a pair of really good HM slaves? I'm thinking Skarmory and Bibarel, B/W version. (Cuz lyk...this spreading out HMs between entire party is gettin' annoyin'.)
If you need Fly, give someone Fly. The only mandatory HM is Cut, and you only need it once.

How do we Trade and Battle wirelessly on Black and White? the only way I see to do it is with IR...
Beat the first gym and complete the "Dream Mist" quest by going to the topmost house in the east of Straiton City. You will then receive the Pal Pad and be able to use Wi-Fi. I'm not completely sure, but isn't Wireless enabled after you get the Pokédex? The Union Room is the leftmost door at the 2nd floor.

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Whenever you want, but make sure NOT to use the Poketransfer, you HAVE to use Relocator or you're screwed, since you can't re-transfer your Pokemon.

Here's the details.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Relocator

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Whenever you want, but make sure NOT to use the Poketransfer, you HAVE to use Relocator or you're screwed, since you can't re-transfer your Pokemon.
Before you link to a user-created, potentially factually-inaccurate wiki, I should say that I don't believe that's true. I've transferred a Suicune, Entei and Raikou via the PokéShifter in the Japanese games and it certainly didn't jeopardise my ability to find Zoroark.

Rawrinism
March 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
erm, how do you encounter shaking grass?
I know what it does but how do you find them?
'Cause I'm searching for Audinos to grind on. :P

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
The patches of grass occur occasionally when you're wandering around in a route. You'll hear them rustle if they're nearby.

Astinus
March 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Finding rustling grass, or any of the other special tiles, is random. So you're just going to have to be patient and keep searching. So far, there's no secret to finding the rustling grass (except for having your first Badge).

Cripes, I was beaten horribly.

Vrai
March 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
erm, how do you encounter shaking grass?
I know what it does but how do you find them?
'Cause I'm searching for Audinos to grind on. :P

To amend to this, is there anything visible that shows up? I mean, do you just hear the grass rustle or is there a visible sign as well? I've already ran into an Audino but I really wasn't paying attention at all and so I didn't see anything. :<

Team Fail
March 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
To amend to this, is there anything visible that shows up? I mean, do you just hear the grass rustle or is there a visible sign as well? I've already ran into an Audino but I really wasn't paying attention at all and so I didn't see anything. :<

Yes. You can physically see the grass shake. It can also happen in caves via little dust clouds, on the water as bubbles, or on bridges as grey dots.

Astinus
March 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
The grass actually looks like its rustling. Like half of it is standing up and dancing around. It is noticeable if you look for it, so you don't need to listen for the noise. Just watch the grass for any tiles that seem to "dance". I find it to be easily seen.

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Before you link to a user-created, potentially factually-inaccurate wiki, I should say that I don't believe that's true. I've transferred a Suicune, Entei and Raikou via the PokéShifter in the Japanese games and it certainly didn't jeopardise my ability to find Zoroark.
Yikes, sorry about that, but I could have sworn I also heard that on Serebii, which is a bit more credible than a Wiki.

Sora's Nobody
March 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Exactly how rare is the shaking grass supposed to be, cause I can't seem to encounter it that much at all.
I don't know any percentage for the odds, but i seem to be able to find atleast one everytime, aslong as i wait long enough.

spiderpigryan
March 7th, 2011, 12:32 AM
You don't need HMs at all - the only story-mandatory HM is Cut. Strength would be nice if you want to create a shortcut to the top in case you find yourself going back to the Pokémon Center often to heal up.

Thank you for advice it said the message is to short so I'm just saying this :)

TheUnown
March 7th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I'm still a bit confused, but am I able to download the Victini Event with a wireless WPA internet and a DSi? Doesn't seem like it's working for me D:

Kratosx
March 7th, 2011, 12:48 AM
i want to no the most eefficent way to train my pokemon without them losing any points or w/e

i kind of no how ev's work, but i am not quite sure
but if i traded pokemon with a friend and we traded back, i would get boosted xp, but how would that affect the pokemons stats? could i stilll use him in duels, battles, wifi battles, etc...? and how can i raise the strongest pokemon
please try and explain to me in detail, thanks so much

JAde

thats not how it works traded pokemons only get boosted exp if they have a different trainer Id then your own trading to a friend and back does nothing for exp boost

Derezzed
March 7th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Eeek, dumb question but where the hell do I buy dusk balls?

BleuVII
March 7th, 2011, 05:21 AM
OK... maybe this is in the wrong place, but I've read that the Australian version is region free. I'd LIKE to get the American version, but does anyone know if it's region free or not?

EDIT: I have a Japanese DSi

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
how do you register for the Global link?

Nukez
March 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I dont wanna wait until i get national to transfer my ditto over so is their a way to breed male starters with a certain pokemon and get the egg to be the starter? If anyone knows would be very helpful thanks

Virtual Headache
March 7th, 2011, 08:53 AM
If you breed male starters with a different Pokémon the eggs will turn out to be the different Pokémon (the one hatching is the same one as the female). You'll need to find someone who trades you a Ditto...

Nukez
March 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM
i have a ditto but can i put it in white using my other DS and HG without national?

Zvezda
March 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Someone please tell me that it isn't true that you can't rebattle Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. D:

Also, what does the woman in the trailer on Route 5 want to buy from you?

Opposite Day
March 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Nope. You'll get ditto after you've gotten the national dex though, so there should be no particular need for you to transfer it.

Or, of course, you could hope for it to be released through the Dream World, but then again that has yet to open.

FraRPetO
March 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I wanna transfer my event legendary beasts and my gamestop celebi.
how do I do that without using the relocator ? I wanna get Zorua and Zoroark

Boomburst
March 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I wanna transfer my event legendary beasts and my gamestop celebi.
how do I do that without using the relocator ? I wanna get Zorua and Zoroark

The relocator is the only way you can transfer them, not including the Pokeshifter seeing as it is the full version of it. You could ask someone to transfer them online though.

Rich Boy Rob
March 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM
how do you register for the Global link?

You have to wait until the 30th when the servers go up internationally. Sill decision on 'tendo's part not to have it up in time for release, especially as the Dream World was so heavily marketed.

FraRPetO
March 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
so, if i trade event pokemon from a friend online, can i get zorua and zoroark ?
or is it only available by using 2 ds's wireless using relocator ?

Virtual Headache
March 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Someone please tell me that it isn't true that you can't rebattle Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. D:

You can't rebattle the gym leaders but you cna rebattle the Elite Four. They will be stronger the second time.

Now I also have a question myself: When I trade through the GTS Negotiation, I get to see how many times a person has traded (I think) before I trade with them. How do I figure out how many times I myself have traded?

Also is there any way to view some of your gaming statistics? In HG/SS for example, there was a computer in the Pokémon Center you enter before entering the league where you could see how many Pokémon you have battled, caught and hatched. Is there a thing like that in B/W?

Nukez
March 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I have a Boldore level 28 which as you know when traded evolves. Im having trouble thinking of a pokemon worth setting it to be traded for in GTS any opinions?

Virtual Headache
March 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Why not trade it for another Boldore? That way you could get its evolution if you don't have it yet. Just hope the person you are trading with doesn't make it hold an everstone.

Nukez
March 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Why not trade it for another Boldore? That way you could get its evolution if you don't have it yet. Just hope the person you are trading with doesn't make it hold an everstone.
yeah i had to watch that because i didnt notice it until i actually checked my pokemon that it was holding an everstone. Aparently you catch it with one

gregory_turner420
March 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
gurderr is another good poke to trade for conkeldurr rips it up

KURURUPON
March 7th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I just got Pokémon White some days ago, I live in Europe so it was only released at 4 March, and I noticed you could change the trainer type on your trainer card. The default says PKMN Trainer, and you can change it into things such as Lass, or PKMN Breeder. I tried it out and skipped through all the options, and I decided I wanted to change back to PKMN Trainer, but I couldn't choose from that anymore. I went through all the types like 3 times, but PKMN Trainer wasn't there.

I happened have saved some time before so I just turned off my DS, but I really want to know if there is a way to change back to PKMN Trainer other than on your trainer card?

Also considering this subject - does this work the same as in Pokémon D/P, where you could change your trainer type at some guy in a Pokécenter to change the way you looked in the union room? If you changed your trainer type to i.e Ace Trainer, you would appear like one in the union room to other people. If you change the trainer type on your trainer card in B/W, does that have the same effect?

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right spot - sorry if I didn't.

Perrie ✿
March 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
thats not how it works traded pokemons only get boosted exp if they have a different trainer Id then your own trading to a friend and back does nothing for exp boost

Wrong.

Idk if this happened in the other games but it's changed (Maybe) in these ones.

I traded my Pignite to my Black version, on the black version it evolved into Emboar, I traded it back to my White game and it gets boosted EXP. Same with my Duosion and such ~

Lightning86
March 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hello Everyone!

Well I haven't played Pokemon in forever! lol
So I treated myself to Pokemon Black and a DSi XL

Anyway I picked Snivy as my first Pokemon and I am currently in the 2nd town(Where first Gym Leader is)

Thing is I am having a abit of trouble getting a team sorted, The only thing I have found so far are the dog things and Purrloins :(

Thing is when I try and level them they just get KO'd!
My Purrloin is lv 5 and my dog thing lv 4 and my Snivy is lv 12.

Anyone tell me what I can do :( not having much luck lvling new Pokemon as they just get KO'd and they are only 2 I can find in grass

Nukez
March 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Hello Everyone!

Well I haven't played Pokemon in forever! lol
So I treated myself to Pokemon Black and a DSi XL

Anyway I picked Snivy as my first Pokemon and I am currently in the 2nd town(Where first Gym Leader is)

Thing is I am having a abit of trouble getting a team sorted, The only thing I have found so far are the dog things and Purrloins :(

Thing is when I try and level them they just get KO'd!
My Purrloin is lv 5 and my dog thing lv 4 and my Snivy is lv 12.

Anyone tell me what I can do :( not having much luck lvling new Pokemon as they just get KO'd and they are only 2 I can find in grass
You need to go to the right of gym on that path. and get monkey if you havent first. Then id say go in grass and evolve snivy. then use strategy of having weak pokemon first in party then right when battle starts switch to the stronger pokemon. Splits exp but it helps

Lightning86
March 7th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Right of the Gym?
Isn't that the dream area thing?

Nukez
March 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Right of the Gym?
yes it is and at end of path in dream area is a women talk to her she will give u a Water pokemon names Panpour since you chose Snivy. If you need anymore help feel free to message me ill be on for awhile

.Aero
March 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Actually if you chose Snivy, you get Panpour, the water type monkey.

Yukimi
March 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I caught a Purrloin too. Some people really like it, but its attack stat is abysmal. I put mine in the PC.
Keep the dog with you. Fight some weak Pokemon in the grass and slowly level it up. If you train him right, he can be an absolute terror through the beginning of the game.
More Pokemon will become available to you once you get past that town. You should start seeing some Blitzle soon. They're electric Pokemon and definitely worth their weight in battle.

Good luck! :)

Lightning86
March 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Right of the Gym?

Sorry pressed refresh and my silly pc double posted :(
I shall have a look for the Monkey Lady

Kenshin5
March 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Actually there was several explanations in the older Simple Questions thread ~ But anywho,

Basically from that one, which is the first on the right, just go to the one above it with the young girl standing on the ladder once she's beaten and the books been read; the case will move showing the secret stairs ~

Does anyone know where the happiness checker is? :c I wanna know who far of Woobat and Swadloon are from evolving
I didn't see anyone answer his, but the happiness checker is in Nacrene City in the same house you transfer the version exclusive Grass types at.

Kaori
March 7th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Moving this over to our Help thread, as a separate thread of its own for this isn't needed.

ltsang
March 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I want to know if you can transfer all 3 starters from pokemon black to the heart gold version.

Shadow
March 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I want to know if you can transfer all 3 starters from pokemon black to the heart gold version.

No Pokemon from Black can be transferred to any other game besides White.

You can transfer (one-way) from HeartGold to Black, but not vice versa.

OceanBluue
March 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Hey guys, I have a question about how to trade over Celebi and the Legendary Dogs to my Pokemon White version.

I have Celebi and all 3 Legendary Dogs in a PC in my SS game, and I've activated the Relocator in Castelia City, but in order to use the Relocator, I have to use DS Download play which means I need 2 DS Systems in the same room.

Am I able to just trade them via the WiFi trading room?

Kenshin5
March 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Eeek, dumb question but where the hell do I buy dusk balls?
Route 9, Driftveil City, Opelucid City, Pokemon League

Gulpin
March 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
What's the differecne betweeen 'Online' and 'Wireless' on the C-Gear?

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Online is the Wi-Fi Connection, and Wireless is local (i.e. people next to you).

xGengar
March 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.
Basically can i trade from a Japanese Game to a English one?

Thanks

Kaori
March 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Our help thread is the correct place to ask your question.

As for an answer, yes you are able to trade a Pokémon from your Japanese copy over to an English one.

CarameLeaf
March 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Is Liberty Pass Victini considered an event pokemon?

Kaori
March 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yep, Victini is definitely considered an event. It's the only way to obtain the Mythical Pokémon for now as well.

TTC
March 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Where do you guys think the best place to level is after you've beaten the first incarnation of the elite four but aren't quite ready for the second version of it?

Alli
March 7th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Giant Chasm is where I train, in the double grass, or running around and waiting on shaking grass, since they often times have Tabunne/Audino. Be warned though, the Pokemon there are level 60-65. They're in high 50's in the normal grass though.

Hey guys, I have a question about how to trade over Celebi and the Legendary Dogs to my Pokemon White version.

I have Celebi and all 3 Legendary Dogs in a PC in my SS game, and I've activated the Relocator in Castelia City, but in order to use the Relocator, I have to use DS Download play which means I need 2 DS Systems in the same room.

Am I able to just trade them via the WiFi trading room?

If you trade them from Wi-Fi, they won't activate their respective events. If you want the Zorua/Zoroark events, you will have to transfer them via Relocator.

LuVrDiSC
March 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM
if i transform ROTOM into a Washing Machine and transfer him over to pokemon Black does he turn back into regular Rotom?

Zvezda
March 8th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Where are the best places to EV train?

Kratosx
March 8th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Wrong.

Idk if this happened in the other games but it's changed (Maybe) in these ones.

I traded my Pignite to my Black version, on the black version it evolved into Emboar, I traded it back to my White game and it gets boosted EXP. Same with my Duosion and such ~

Neither Serebii nor bulbapedia says anything about pokes with your own Id gaing boosted exp, so i think thats not the case now either:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Exp

[QUOTE=dragonomega;6497310]

juxta
March 8th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I'm wondering as to if my pokemon are severely under-leveled for route 11, or if the opponents pokemon are supposed to be such high levels?

All my pokemon are around level 50, but it seem's the wild pokemon are at my level and the trainers are at around 64?

BleuVII
March 8th, 2011, 03:51 AM
OK... maybe this is in the wrong place, but I've read that the Australian version is region free. I'd LIKE to get the American version, but does anyone know if it's region free or not?

EDIT: I have a Japanese DSi

Sorry to answer my own question, but Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ba-49-en-70-3vy9.html) is listing that the North American version of Pokemon Black and White works in Japanese DSi, DSi LL, and 3DS.

FraRPetO
March 8th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Can you trade pokemon from HeartGold to Black/White ?

Kaori
March 8th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Can you trade pokemon from HeartGold to Black/White ?

You can trade over Pokémon from your HeartGold after you have beaten the Elite Four and obtained the National Pokédex. You will be able to do this with the PokéTransfer which is a similar system to migrating from FRLG and RSE to DPPt. To learn about the PokéTransfer, you can view our FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=244502) listed under the link "Features" provided to help.

Nugg
March 8th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I need advice on what the best level to evolve Cottonnee would be :P I don't really care about the last move (Solarbeam). I just want a moveset that isn't horrible. I suppose I could try to get my hands on some TMs if needed.

Right now i'm thinking of evolving it at lv 26 when it learns giga drain. then teach it energy ball, shadow ball an u-turn. :/

Genshu
March 8th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I need advice on what the best level to evolve Cottonnee would be :P I don't really care about the last move (Solarbeam). I just want a moveset that isn't horrible. I suppose I could try to get my hands on some TMs if needed.

Right now i'm thinking of evolving it at lv 26 when it learns giga drain. then teach it energy ball, shadow ball an u-turn. :/

If i was you, for Cottonee I'd train it to 37, if possible. For the move Cotton Guard.

But with Whimsicott,
- Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball would cool for it, I'd do it ha
-Cotton Guard/Light Screen For defense
-Anything you want, Maybe Hurricane at 46?
if there's an item that helps accuracy it'd be perfect for hurricane

Hope that helps:)

molepeople27
March 8th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Okay some from what I have read in the past is that you can catch some of the original after the elite four, but the only thing I have been hearing about is the you can you catch in the white forest.
I'm a confused on this matter so forgive my ignorance; but my questions are:

1) Can you catch some of or a good bit of the Gen. I-IV Pokemon in both Black and White (excluding the White forest)

2) And, if so, what is the list of the ones you can catch (excluding white forest as well)

Disclaimer: I have tried searching this online, however the keywords never come up with the correct answer. Thank you :)

Forever
March 8th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Okay some from what I have read in the past is that you can catch some of the original after the elite four, but the only thing I have been hearing about is the you can you catch in the white forest.
I'm a confused on this matter so forgive my ignorance; but my questions are:

1) Can you catch some of or a good bit of the Gen. I-IV Pokemon in both Black and White (excluding the White forest)

2) And, if so, what is the list of the ones you can catch (excluding white forest as well)

Disclaimer: I have tried searching this online, however the keywords never come up with the correct answer. Thank you :)

I believe a lot can be found through swarms (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/swarms.shtml), but as for others (if there are any), I'm not sure, which is why I merged it here for other responses.

Shadow
March 8th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I believe a lot can be found through swarms (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/swarms.shtml), but as for others (if there are any), I'm not sure, which is why I merged it here for other responses.

Several others can be caught on routes beyond what you can access during the original game (think the Fight Area in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) and many others can also be caught fishing. Most routes after 11 (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route11.shtml) will hold some old Pokemon, I believe.

There will be several more obtainable through the Dream World (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldareas.shtml) when that launches, too.

Roughsponge
March 8th, 2011, 06:53 AM
After you've beaten B/W and get the national dex, since you are able to migrate other region pokemon from DPPt/HGSS, after they are on either B/W can you trade other region's pokemon to a B/W game without the national dex?

Sorry if this is confusing haha.. :P

molepeople27
March 8th, 2011, 06:54 AM

Thank you! I read that page, but I don't quite understand how a swarm works. Could you explain? And at what point in the game would you be able to do this? Thanks :)

Shadow
March 8th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Thank you! I read that page, but I don't quite understand how a swarm works. Could you explain? And at what point in the game would you be able to do this? Thanks :)

A swarm will happen each day after you get the National Pokedex by beating the Elite Four/first storyline.

Each day, you check gate houses and they'll tell you what routes the swarms are on. You go to those routes and the swarming Pokemon will be added to the normal variety of Pokemon found there (usually in high quantities, hence swarming).

Meduza
March 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
So far, I have my fifth Gym Badge and I'm feeling pretty good about the Pokemon White.

But ONE thing is bugging me. Evoloution stones.

I know I can't transfer any from my Gen. 5 games. I'm not sure if I can get them in White Forest, but I know I can in Black City ( I'm going to buy Black soon)

Using Entralink, Can I keep iuncreasing the population of my forest/city with just my Pokemon White and Black version or will I need to interact with diferent people to get different residents?

Mew~
March 8th, 2011, 08:20 AM
So far, I have my fifth Gym Badge and I'm feeling pretty good about the Pokemon White.

But ONE thing is bugging me. Evoloution stones.

I know I can't transfer any from my Gen. 5 games. I'm not sure if I can get them in White Forest, but I know I can in Black City ( I'm going to buy Black soon)

Using Entralink, Can I keep iuncreasing the population of my forest/city with just my Pokemon White and Black version or will I need to interact with diferent people to get different residents?
They're really, really, really easy to find - I've found loads everywhere, another thing you can do is use the Dowsing machine, I used it and found a leaf stone yesterday.

Serebii has a page on where to find most items so just take a look;
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/

If you want to evolve one of the monkeys, there is a man in the first port of castelia city that will ask you which one you want to evolve and give you the stone. (it doesn't have to be for the monkeys though)

.Wolfie-kun.
March 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM
To save me making a new thread, I'll ask here (Hopefully I got it right)

I just received the Master Ball and am about to embark on Victory Road *Gulp* - I was considering saving it for when I eventually face Zekrom, but I also thought about the other legendaries such as Victini (When I get my Wi-Fi working).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Zvezda
March 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Save your Masterball, Victini is ridiculously easy to catch. I have it in a plain ol' Pokeball.

mzmingle
March 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
To save me making a new thread, I'll ask here (Hopefully I got it right)

I just received the Master Ball and am about to embark on Victory Road *Gulp* - I was considering saving it for when I eventually face Zekrom, but I also thought about the other legendaries such as Victini (When I get my Wi-Fi working).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Victini is only level fifteen, if you have a level 10-20 pokemon when you get it, and a pokeball, its easy to catch. I caught it with one pokeball.
For Zekrom, maybe. I kept the Masterball for someone else, I caught Zekrom with an ultra ball. Zekrom has a 45 Catch rate, so just use it for somebody like Reshiram, Metagross, Thundurus or whatever.

Hope I helped xx

skyluigi2
March 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Is there any Pokemon in Gen 5 that can learn Surf, Fly, Waterfall and Dive?

Shady Soldier
March 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM
are there any good fire Pokemon in White Version i chose to get the water starter and i have the fire pansear but its only level 15 and its not very strong , are there any other really good fire pokemon i can catch or look forward too while i train my pansear ?

Shadow
March 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Is there any Pokemon in Gen 5 that can learn Surf, Fly, Waterfall and Dive?

Ducklett and its evolution can get all but Waterfall. Don't think there's a new Pokemon that gets all of them.
are there any good fire Pokemon in White Version i chose to get the water starter and i have the fire pansear but its only level 15 and its not very strong , are there any other really good fire pokemon i can catch or look forward too while i train my pansear ?

You can get Darumaka (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/554.shtml) on Route 4.

Astinus
March 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM
After you've beaten B/W and get the national dex, since you are able to migrate other region pokemon from DPPt/HGSS, after they are on either B/W can you trade other region's pokemon to a B/W game without the national dex?

Sorry if this is confusing haha.. :P
Seems this question was missed.

And yes you can. Plenty of others have done that, so there's no reason why you can't.

Lateon
March 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I accidentaly knocked out Tornadus while attempting to catch it. Do the roaming pokemon in BW regenerate after you beat the elite four like in DPPt, or is he gone for good? I couldn't find anything on google

rstevenson1976
March 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I asked this before but no one's responded, am I going to miss anything important before my game ships on the 28th?

Erufuun
March 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I asked this before but no one's responded, am I going to miss anything important before my game ships on the 28th?

No sir, you will not. :3
There is only one current event out for Pokemon Black and White, and it ends on the 10th of April. (The Liberty pass used to get Victini)

juxta
March 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hey, I already put a question up yesterday but didn't get answered.
I just finished the elite four, and catching Reshiram and received the national dex. So I went into route 11 (My pokemon are all level 50-52) and it seems that the wild pokemon are my level and the trainers are about 64 am i severely under leveled or?

Lateon
March 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hey, I already put a question up yesterday but didn't get answered.
I just finished the elite four, and catching Reshiram and received the national dex. So I went into route 11 (My pokemon are all level 50-52) and it seems that the wild pokemon are my level and the trainers are about 64 am i severely under leveled or?

Nope, it's the same here. I found that despite being 10 levels higher, they relatively easy to beat though. I think GF is just giving you someplace to train, since there isn't a way to re-battle anyone.

juxta
March 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Nope, it's the same here. I found that despite being 10 levels higher, they relatively easy to beat though. I think GF is just giving you someplace to train, since there isn't a way to re-battle anyone.

Ah that's what I thought, and yeah I noticed the trainers were actually easy even though they're pokemon are in the 60's haha.
But the funniest thing is, i'm getting less experience (with lucky egg) then I did using the lucky egg say in victory road, and the elite four..
I think that has to do with the evolutions though.

NathanC
March 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hi,
i was wondering does any one here know if the the pokemon in the updated pokedex after you defeat the team plasma leader and credits show shortly after when you click on your saved game again and arrive back home (then pokedex gets upgraded outside house) .. the list of pokemon on there after can you catch them all ?

to shorten the question can you catch charizard and pikichu (the older version pokemon ? lol

Thanks in advance :D

Cyndaquil312
March 8th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I don't know if this is just something I'm experiencing, or if it's a wide spread issue, But is any one else having these issues while playing Black and/or White?

1. I just received a brand new battery for my DS lite, let it charge all night long. When I started playing, I had the back-light set to low, the sound off and never turned on the c-gear, after less than an hour my battery was in the red, same with the used battery in my other DS lite.

2. The DS becoming unusually warm around the battery compartment, speakers, and where the stylist goes while playing.

3. closing the DS (sleep mode) and when I reopen it the system turns off (this only happened twice (so far), I may have hit the power switch when I reopened it the first time, the second time it happened the DS was open on the charger and just turned off).

4. Fully charged battery, I start the game and turn on the C-Gear, within 5-10 minuets, My battery is in the red.

I've gone back and played on my Diamond, Pearl, and Soul Silver games, and did not have any issues on either of my systems, these have only happened on Black and white, I'm assuming that since the game is meant for the 3DS, that perhaps it's just causing my DSlite to over work, thus causing the issue(s).

*sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot...*

Speed
March 8th, 2011, 03:34 PM
It's not your game, it's probably your DS. I have a DS lite too, it works just fine when I play Black on it. The games aren't designed for the 3DS either, or else they would've been released after the 3DS was, and wouldn't work on a DS.

LuVrDiSC
March 8th, 2011, 04:10 PM
does anyone know...?

if i transform ROTOM into a Washing Machine and transfer him over to pokemon Black does he turn back into regular Rotom?

What is a good Nature for Oshawatt > Samurott that corresponds to their natural skills in evolution.

also Snivy?

.Aero
March 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Depends on what you want. Modest and Timid would be good if you want to use its naturally higher special attack, or Adamant or Jolly could be used if you want to use a Swords Dance / Megahorn combo. Got for Adamant or Modest however, as his speed only reaches base 70 upon evolving to Samurott.

Weavile05
March 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Does shaking grass never occur at night or something?
I was grinding off of Audino and it turned night and all of a sudden the grass never shook again.
EDIT: Nevermind, but does it get more rare or something? cuz it seems to happen less often.

Yusshin
March 8th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Do I have to be walking in the grass to activate shaking-grass event Pokemon, or can I be walking on the route part?

Kaori
March 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Do I have to be walking in the grass to activate shaking-grass event Pokemon, or can I be walking on the route part?

What makes this an easier process is the fact you can just walk in the area the grass is in without the need to actually be in it to activate the shaking grass. :)

Yusshin
March 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
What makes this an easier process is the fact you can just walk in the area the grass is in without the need to be in it to activate the shaking grass. :)

@_@ *did not compute*

So does that mean I can be walking on a route part (no Pokemon will pop out) and activate the shaking grass?

peteed
March 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM
can anyone confirm 100% that pokemon black and white treats a 3DS as a DSi for the DSi only/enhanced features?

jcpennygex
March 8th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?

peteed
March 8th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?

normally there is the elite 4 then the 5th is the champion of the elite 4 and it sounds like you failed on the champion

from the looks you have to re-fight all the elite 4 to get back there

LuVrDiSC
March 8th, 2011, 08:30 PM
for Pokemon BLACK, do you have to beat the story/game & go thru the Elite 4, get the Nat Dex before you can transfer pokes from soulsilver to black?

PlatinumDude
March 9th, 2011, 12:44 AM
for Pokemon BLACK, do you have to beat the story/game & go thru the Elite 4, get the Nat Dex before you can transfer pokes from soulsilver to black?
Yes, you have to beat the E4, N and Ghestis and get the National Dex before you can use the PokeTransfer. The exception is the Relocator, when you can transfer a shiny event legendary beast (Raikou, Entei or Suicune) or Celebi to access the Zoroark and Zorua events respectively.

moon_light
March 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?

SpaceBall
March 9th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Is it possible to breed nidoran *m or f* or their evolutions? i looked on serebii and it says they can't breed. maybe i read it wrong? anyone know :) ?

o3o
March 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM
If I'm correct, Nidoqueen cannot breed, but Nidoran♀ can. I am not sure if Nidorina can, however.

Virtual Headache
March 9th, 2011, 05:20 AM
@_@ *did not compute*

So does that mean I can be walking on a route part (no Pokemon will pop out) and activate the shaking grass?
Yes, you can. I often keep cycling up and down a route right on the side of the grass so I can make them appear.

SpaceBall
March 9th, 2011, 05:39 AM
If I'm correct, Nidoqueen cannot breed, but Nidoran♀ can. I am not sure if Nidorina can, however.

Ah, okay thanks :) wish i'd bred my nidoran before evolving it lol.

Anone know if there's a sort of battle tower in pokemon b&w? i was wanting to enter a 'little cup' :D . Loved the good old days on the n64... hope they have something like this in this generation :(

o3o
March 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Ah, okay thanks :) wish i'd bred my nidoran before evolving it lol.

If you have a Ditto, you can breed a Nidoking with a Ditto, if I'm correct. That way you will get a Nidoran♂/♀ ~

SpaceBall
March 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Anone know if there's a sort of battle tower in pokemon b&w? i was wanting to enter a 'little cup' :D . Loved the good old days on the n64... hope they have something like this in this generation :(

LuVrDiSC
March 9th, 2011, 06:36 AM
that is SOOO stupid i have to beat the E4 to transfer my pokemon. what if you want to use your pokemon from SoulSilver to play through pokemon Black? that is laaame. ill just stick with soulsilver then :(

Mason69
March 9th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Someone probably asked this before but here it go:
Can i trade pokés from Soul Silver to White before becoming the champion?

Lateon
March 9th, 2011, 07:26 AM
that is SOOO stupid i have to beat the E4 to transfer my pokemon. what if you want to use your pokemon from SoulSilver to play through pokemon Black? that is laaame. ill just stick with soulsilver then :(
You're kidding, right? Half the fun is in playing through the game with the new pokemon. Why would you ruin it by transferring your level 60+ pokemon over? Besides the fact you wouldn't be able to make them listen to you.

I accidentaly knocked out Tornadus while attempting to catch it. Do the roaming pokemon in BW regenerate after you beat the elite four like in DPPt, or is he gone for good? I couldn't find anything on google

Anyone?

CoffeeWolf
March 9th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Can anyone tell me if the wild Pokemon in Victory Road get to higher levels the further you go? (if that makes sense)

Kww37
March 9th, 2011, 08:46 AM
When can I access entry to the dragonspiral tower? Is it when I defeat the 7th gym leader?

abnegation
March 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Anyone?

I assume that once you beat it, it's gone.

Can anyone tell me if the wild Pokemon in Victory Road get to higher levels the further you go? (if that makes sense)

Yupp, they range from level 36 on the first floor, to 42 on the 7th.

When can I access entry to the dragonspiral tower? Is it when I defeat the 7th gym leader?

Yeah, you need to beat Brycen.

LuVrDiSC
March 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM
i just want to play with my Blissey that Elite Overlord LeSabre™ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=66456) gave me. blissey is my world :(

Caeke
March 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Heya!
Yesterday I got Pokémon Black and I'm already up to Reshiram. That was when I happened to come across a article about shiney Pokémon. Ever since then I've been obsesed with how I can get my hands on a shiney Reshiram. I don't really want to use Pokésav, as its cheating, I would rather spend hours doing whatever is required just to feel I earnt it. So yeah, can anyone fill me in on how to go about obtaining a shiney version? I know theres a "official" shiney thread, but I didnt think that seemed like the right place to ask questions (Sorry if im wrong!)

But also I read this:
pokemonelite2000 dot com /7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom
(PLEASE READ, cant post url's because im new, but just change the dot and remove spaces.)
Which says shiney Reshiram can't be obtained the first time you meet him or something? And even speculates that it's not available atall? What? Can someone please try and help me out, because I dont really want to capture Reshiram and then realize I just missed my chance to get a shiney version of him.

P.S- I caught the legendry dogs last night, was there a chance they could of been shiney by turning on and off the game repeatedly, or soft reseting, whatever its called xD

Help a newbie please!
Much love!
Lew,
x

j2y8n2x
March 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Heya!
Yesterday I got Pokémon Black and I'm already up to Reshiram. That was when I happened to come across a article about shiney Pokémon. Ever since then I've been obsesed with how I can get my hands on a shiney Reshiram. I don't really want to use Pokésav, as its cheating, I would rather spend hours doing whatever is required just to feel I earnt it. So yeah, can anyone fill me in on how to go about obtaining a shiney version? I know theres a "official" shiney thread, but I didnt think that seemed like the right place to ask questions (Sorry if im wrong!)

But also I read this:
pokemonelite2000 dot com /7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom
(PLEASE READ, cant post url's because im new, but just change the dot and remove spaces.)
Which says shiney Reshiram can't be obtained the first time you meet him or something? And even speculates that it's not available atall? What? Can someone please try and help me out, because I dont really want to capture Reshiram and then realize I just missed my chance to get a shiney version of him.

P.S- I caught the legendry dogs last night, was there a chance they could of been shiney by turning on and off the game repeatedly, or soft reseting, whatever its called xD

Help a newbie please!
Much love!
Lew,
x
Whether a Reshiram is shiny is totally dependent on your Trainer ID number, which part of it is hidden.

You just have to be lucky, and if your Reshiram isn't shiny, and even after beating N, it is still not shiny, then it will never be shiny.

(In theory, a shiny Reshiram will only show its shininess AFTER you beat N. So a Reshiram will always appear as non-shiny before you beat N. Meaning that there is a slight chance for it to turn shiny after your beat N)

Mason69
March 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Well i wanted to transfer mine so that i could reopen my trade thread...

Winson
March 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I just got my pre-ordered Pokemon Black and White games today because it released today in Australia! XD

But I'm afraid to start it because it might have a secret determined thing after starting like the Trainer ID thing that determines Trainer Avatars and what fossil you get in Pokemon Platinum.

Does Pokemon Black and White have any of those? O:

Yusshin
March 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, you can. I often keep cycling up and down a route right on the side of the grass so I can make them appear.

Thank you! :D That's what I'll start doing, too.

MegaKuriboh
March 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Anyone know if the GTS Trade Evolution glitch works on B/W?
Also, when is the earliest point in game where you see Zoura/Zoroark?

Yusshin
March 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone know if the GTS Trade Evolution glitch works on B/W?
Also, when is the earliest point in game where you see Zoura/Zoroark?

I read you can only get Zorua by presenting an event Pokemon to an NPC, and that it's not found elsewhere.

Might be wrong.

It's in Castelia somewhere.

MegaKuriboh
March 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I read you can only get Zorua by presenting an event Pokemon to an NPC, and that it's not found elsewhere.

Might be wrong.

It's in Castelia somewhere.

I meant is there a trainer that has one so you can search it on the GTS

インフェルノの津波
March 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Actually, Yusshin, you go to the Gamefreak Building and they show you it so that you can find it via GTS.

Winson
March 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I just got my pre-ordered Pokemon Black and White games today because it released today in Australia! XD

But I'm afraid to start it because it might have a secret determined thing after starting like the Trainer ID thing that determines Trainer Avatars and what fossil you get in Pokemon Platinum.

Does Pokemon Black and White have any of those? O:

インフェルノの津波
March 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Well you can choose which Fossil you want, Trainer avatars can be chosen as well, Wi-Fi I mean.

After you beat the game, you get random fossils from all regions.

Winson
March 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Well you can choose which Fossil you want, Trainer avatars can be chosen as well, Wi-Fi I mean.

After you beat the game, you get random fossils from all regions.Do I get to choose any of all Trainer Avatar or any of only four of all like Gen 4?

MegaKuriboh
March 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Actually, Yusshin, you go to the Gamefreak Building and they show you it so that you can find it via GTS.

Thank You :)
But I still need to know is the GTS Trade evolution glitch still works because I really want to evolve my Gurdurr into Conkeldurr. No one near me plays Pokemon and I only have one DS

インフェルノの津波
March 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM
You can choose all of them. I think you have to set it somewhere though...

Yusshin
March 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Can shaking grass and blubbing water be active simultaneously?

Meaning, if there's a blubbing water spot, can shaking grass still occur, or is it a unique instance and I'll have to change maps in order for the shaking grass to happen?

Giratina666
March 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
is anyone else haveing a problem makeing victini shiny? everytime i try it freezes. if someone knows what im doing wwrong help me.

Weavile05
March 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM
is anyone else haveing a problem makeing victini shiny? everytime i try it freezes. if someone knows what im doing wwrong help me.

Victini is programmed to never be shiny, sorry.

インフェルノの津波
March 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Can shaking grass and blubbing water be active simultaneously?

Meaning, if there's a blubbing water spot, can shaking grass still occur, or is it a unique instance and I'll have to change maps in order for the shaking grass to happen?

Nope, you have to leave the map area in order for opposite to happen.

AyameHikaru
March 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM
You can choose all of them. I think you have to set it somewhere though...
It's on the Trainer Card. Second or third option down says a trainer class. Tap it and it changes to another one. Tap it again and again until you hit one you like.

Erufuun
March 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?

Lateon
March 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?

I'm glad it isn't just me. I figured it was from overplaying the game or having the c-gear on. My theory now is that the improved graphics had to come from somewhere, so probably the battery is suffering because of them.

The Corrupt Plague
March 9th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Thank You :)
But I still need to know is the GTS Trade evolution glitch still works because I really want to evolve my Gurdurr into Conkeldurr. No one near me plays Pokemon and I only have one DS

I tried it in Black with a Boldore and it didn't work. I think they fixed it this time around.

moon_light
March 10th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?
does anyone know the answer to this? I've been ev training for a day and stats are still not going up ><

also, my battery life seems okay
it goes down faster compared to another game I play but I can still play BW for a number of hours before I need to charge the DS

Weavile05
March 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM

I would say my battery life isn't so hot anymore compared to when I'm playing other games, but I'm used to that with my iPod and PSP, plus, it's a small price to pay for how awesome these games are. C-gear also definitely runs the battery down faster.

When you do a WiFi battle, how do you get it so that it rounds the levels up or down to 50 or 100?

Kratosx
March 10th, 2011, 05:14 AM

Gamefreak Did say that they made black and white like the older generations never existed thats why yo wont see any old ones until after E4

March 10th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Where in Castelia do you get the evoilite? I know you get it from a scientist...but I forgot where he's at...

Ascaris
March 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
in the battles i cant seem to use a move. when i press a move it takes me to a description of the move instead of executing the move. it's the same problem i had when i downloaded a japanese rom a few months ago, and now im stuck in the very first battle because the game is refusing to actually let me battle. is this some sort of predominant glitch or am i doing it wrong somehow?

Nameless.
March 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Where in Castelia do you get the evoilite? I know you get it from a scientist...but I forgot where he's at...
Go to the fountain area in Castelia and head up the path.
The second building on the right has the scientist you're looking for. :3

AyameHikaru
March 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Has anyone tested Synchronize in BW? I think it works now even if it's not the front Pokemon in your party. I caught a Timid Synchronize Munna yesterday, and since then (with it not out front) I've caught 11 Pokemon, 5 of which were Timid. I know for a fact that I had Dewott out front for those battles, so by the old rules Synchronize shouldn't have done anything.

Perrie ✿
March 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Has anyone tested Synchronize in BW? I think it works now even if it's not the front Pokemon in your party. I caught a Timid Synchronize Munna yesterday, and since then (with it not out front) I've caught 11 Pokemon, 5 of which were Timid. I know for a fact that I had Dewott out front for those battles, so by the old rules Synchronize shouldn't have done anything.

Well that may of been just amazing luck, or you could be right and it works differently, :3

in the battles i cant seem to use a move. when i press a move it takes me to a description of the move instead of executing the move. it's the same problem i had when i downloaded a japanese rom a few months ago, and now im stuck in the very first battle because the game is refusing to actually let me battle. is this some sort of predominant glitch or am i doing it wrong somehow?

That's ROM's for you :/ Totally unpredictable, especially B/W roms since they've been tinkered with so many times they probably will crash or glitch.

To answer your question it's a ROM Glitch.

peteed
March 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
so no way to get ditto before the elite 4? if so its makes it hard or impossible to breed before that point.

I got a male of the grass starter every time I tried and since female passes species this means I can't breed grass starters with a ditto till after the elite 4.

Was kinda relying on breeding a few grass starters to trade on here for the other 2 starters >_<

Mason69
March 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM
so no way to get ditto before the elite 4? if so its makes it hard or impossible to breed before that point.

I got a male of the grass starter every time I tried and since female passes species this means I can't breed grass starters with a ditto till after the elite 4.

Was kinda relying on breeding a few grass starters to trade on here for the other 2 starters >_<

If someone already has a ditto on a pokémon white/black then probably you can trade it with that someone before the elite 4.

LordDarkrai
March 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM
For the Global Battle Union, could it be possible to use an Dragonite from Soulsilver that knows Superpower?

March 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Go to the fountain area in Castelia and head up the path.
The second building on the right has the scientist you're looking for. :3

Thanks for the help now ^-^
Oh yeah does anybody know where to find the HM surf?

Papii
March 10th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Can some one please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm currently trying to EV train my blastoise on my Pokemon White version. He's holding a power weight and also has Pokerus and I also gave him 5 HP ups. The problem is that I've already faught about 40 stunfisks and he's only gaining +5 HP.. Help? He's not hacked or anything, I've had him since a level 1 Squirtle.

Weavile05
March 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
When you do a WiFi battle, how do you get it so that it rounds the levels up or down to 50 or 100?
still need this answered.

PokéSwimmer
March 10th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Where can you find Luxury balls? I've only just reached Castellia city.

2Blue4u
March 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
It used to be that you could save in front of the Day Care Center man, and when you got the right gender with the right nature, you could reset for good IV's.
Has that changed? I'm starting to get annoyed...

Forever
March 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Where can you find Luxury balls? I've only just reached Castellia city.

You can only purchase them at Undella Town and the Pokemon League. You can also get them at Black City. Not many places :(

Kaori
March 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
still need this answered.

I'll answer that for ya.

Unfortunately for this generation, there are no more Auto LV 100 battles. The only choices are to battle with the levels your Pokémon really are, or "flat battles" where the Pokémon all become LV 50. However, I believe if your Pokémon are below LV 50 then they stay within their levels and do not raise up to the Auto Level 50.

In my personal opinion, it all sucks. XD

Yusshin
March 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Are there still certain Pokemon that only appear a night, or have increased / decreased rates of appearance at certain times of day?

Dispiacere
March 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
during the GTS negotion, if i put a pokemon up to show, how to I remove it without ending the entire trade

CptSwaggerPants
March 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Got a few small questions looming in the back of my mind here:

Is there anyway other than beating the Elite Four to unlock wallpapers or...that is all that I get?

And I kind of traded all my event dogs to Heartgold and it transfered all of them at once, I don't guess I can trade the dogs to a Black or White and still do the event, can I?

Yusshin
March 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Another question: EXP Share seems to have changed. Instead of giving 1/2 and 1/2 EXP, it's giving about 1/4 more than it should to Emolga.

Noting it's not sent out into battle. I'm killing everything with Audino, who's first in the party. Emolga hasn't battled once.

Is this normal? If I remember correctly, even P/D/Pt was 1/2 and 1/2 split, unless the Pokemon is sent out - then it's 1/4 and 3/4 split (in favour of the sent-out EXP Share Pokemon).

:s?

Christopher
March 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I imagine that is the level difference Exp thing they implemented this gen
I.E Emolga is a lower level then the Audino's . correct.?

Erufuun
March 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Another question: EXP Share seems to have changed. Instead of giving 1/2 and 1/2 EXP, it's giving about 1/4 more than it should to Emolga.

Noting it's not sent out into battle. I'm killing everything with Audino, who's first in the party. Emolga hasn't battled once.

Is this normal? If I remember correctly, even P/D/Pt was 1/2 and 1/2 split, unless the Pokemon is sent out - then it's 1/4 and 3/4 split (in favour of the sent-out EXP Share Pokemon).

:s?

I'll explain it to you~
It is a new experience system introduced this generation. It works likes a fraction. Lets say you your Pokemon at level 10 beats a level 15 Pokemon, and you received 200 Experience. Though, the experience you get changes with a fraction based off the levels. 15(Their level)/10(Your level)=3/2=1.5. This means the experience you get is multiplied by 1.5, so you get 300 instead. But this also works the other way around, say if you are higher. 10/15=2/3=.66. Instead of receiving, oh, 150, you would only get 100 Experience.

And yeah, this also applies to EXP. Share, so very handy for training low levels! :3 This, however, does make it harder to grind at very high levels...

Yusshin
March 10th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Oh, okay *.* Thanks for explaining.

Another question: Where can I get a Shiny Stone in Black? I caught a Cinccino, but its Nature sucks, so I'm thinking of getting a Minccino and evolving it.

X Latios
March 11th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the help now ^-^
Oh yeah does anybody know where to find the HM surf?

You get it from Alder on Twist Mountain.

Yusshin
March 11th, 2011, 01:09 AM

I don't have this issue. I have C-Gear off, have done some GTS trades, and have the light on the lowest setting. I've managed to play today for ~12h and the battery hasn't turned red yet. Sound's on maximum, too.

Not sure what this could be? Maybe you need to replace the battery due to long-term health. After a while, recharging doesn't work as well as when you first bought the DS, and the battery itself needs to be replaced to bring it back to standard life.

Just an idea.