PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Just how fast do you plan on playing?

Guy
March 3rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Being a new generation, there are bound to be many new experiences we uncover while playing Black and White. Now, how fast we come across these new experiences may vary from player to player. So my question is, just how fast do you plan to play through the games? Are you going to zoom through it, take your take and enjoy the game or play through it slowly?

As for myself, taking my time is the route I'm heading towards. I plan on enjoying the game for the first time, especially since I took so much effort to avoid as much game spoilers as possible. I don't want to go too slow where it's going to take months to complete the game, but maybe defeating the Elite for the first time by the end of the first month might be decent enough.

Jak
March 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'm going to take more time this time, now that I know where secret areas and such are. I kinda ran through White, mainly cause I couldn't read it. But for Black, I plan on exploring a lot more!

And not being a dumbass and walking into the Pokemon League without healing. How was I supposed to know the PC was in a rock?

Sabrewulf238
March 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Pokemon Diamond I sort of rushed it a bit....but Soul Silver and Platinum I took it easy.

I'll try to go at a natural pace in Pokemon White, try to find each areas secrets but at the same time not spend too long in each area.

Astinus
March 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
I plan on taking my time. I slightly rushed while playing Black before, and so probably missed a few things. Since I have a better idea of what's going to be happening in the games, I'll take my time playing through Black when I get it, and then slightly rushing through White.

Panoz
March 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
i also tried to avoid any possible spoilers,and i think i will just take it as slow as possible.It has been a long time since i last took a pokemon game slowly too.

Superjub
March 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
I am going for a bit of both. I don't want to spend months completing the game due to trying to catch everything and do everything, but I'm not going to rush it. :)

King Gumball
March 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
I plan on not rushing it the first time through and taking in everything it has to offer. I never rush games the first time I play, as I talk to every person ^.^

Boomburst
March 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
I will just slowly read the text seeing as there will not be a lot of endgame information for a month. So I'm aiming for me to take a month to finish the main game, but I bet I'll do it in 2 days in reality lololol.

Esper
March 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
I've had the game for months and only last week beat the champion.

If I end up getting the other version or restarting I think I'll go through it much quicker since I usually don't and it would be fun to breeze through it now that I've done the slow-and-steady course.

Ryanna Jameson
March 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'll be taking it slow. It's always nice to explore a new region and take the time to look at everything and find all the hidden stuff.

Blue
March 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to take it really slow and explore every area of each Town/City ect. and analyse things so pretty slow so I can catch it all :)

bwburke94
March 3rd, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'll finish it in about a month. I did the Kanto half of SoulSilver in one day, so I missed out on most of the secrets.

Zerrah.
March 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
This is one of those games where I have to sit there and talk to every. single. person. I want to know all the facts, catch all the Pokemon, and see absolutely everything there is to see. So I'm going to take as long as I need. Not like HGSS where I rushed through it to beat my boyfriend.

Kokuo
March 3rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
I usually set a pace based off of how far I get on my first day of playing. Since I can get to the end of any pokemon game my first time around in about a week. I'd say probably a badge or two a day until I get to the end.

Nateon
March 3rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I had black in japanese and was having to follow a walk through, so i was only doing the important things, this time around i'm gonna talk to people and explore more definately with white =]

Forever
March 3rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
I intend to play through slowly. In a way, I kind of want to explore everything, as well as savour the experience, so I'm not really sure how I can do that. So I'll go um, semi-fast, but just slow enough to enjoy the games? XD;

Axeliira
March 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Since this is a new generation and I have yet to know most of it, I plan to take it as slow as possible, even though I am a fast learner in things. I'll probably finish the game in 2 months or so, depending on other important things.

Rai
March 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
I am going to take my time. I will enjoy it more that way.

Derezzed
March 3rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
As this will be my first time playing it, I'll be taking my time with the game and exploring everything I'll try not to be too silly and get caught up in the game and rush through it, it's never as fun that way. Perhaps on one of my replays I'll attempt to go a bit faster.

Vrai
March 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
I ran through Diamond waaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast. I'll be taking my time this time around. ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 3rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
I want to take my time too and enjoy the scenery...maybe even try to catch all the Pokemon available in that area...

Imperator161
March 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Normally, I play through quite slowly, catching and training everything as I go along, and likely getting sidetracked by other activities like breeding. However, aside from my one week of vacation in mid-March (which will probably be the first opportunity I'll have to get the game), I'm not sure when I'll actually have time to play, so I've been considering playing more quickly. I'll still catch everything as I go along, but perhaps I'll wait to train everything until after I beat the main game.

Regardless, I'm going to get both games, and I know that I'll play through my secondary game very slowly. I'm just not sure what'll happen with my primary game yet.

Latios360
March 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Like always, I don't want to miss out on anything, so I plan to take my time on the games; visit every building and talk to everyone.

Kevin
March 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'm going to take my time, and not skim through the text like I did before.
It might take a little more than a week for me to finish the game (not including unlockables), but it depends how much I play in a day.

XDragonRiderX
March 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna rush it but do a Catch 'Em All at the same time.

.Aero
Well I attempted to take HG slowly, completely backfired on me when I hit Kanto (I beat it, but somehow I don't even remember beating it).

So this time, I want to take my time. Explore some, grind in bushes and keep my team all leveled the same (which is a recurring problem in all my pokemon games). Hopefully I'll stick to this plan, as I really want to make the most of my Pokemon White experience.

Heart Gold
I played through HeartGold's first 8 gyms in 2 weeks time, then took another few days to grind for the Elite 4, then took another few days to beat them. I plan on taking more time to do stuff in Black. I want to still have gameplay when I get my 3DS.

shuppet88
March 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
I for one am super excited. I'm going to take it moderately slow, as I always do. I don't understand it when people rush through a game and beat two gyms in a day. How are you leveling up so fast? I find between 3 weeks to a month is enough time to get through the main storyline. I am a student so tons of homework is always lurking nearby. :/ I don't really have a lot of time to play, but I also want to enjoy it slowly anyway. All new pokemon, and dealing with a new map is a lot to learn.

TTC
March 3rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Do we have any idea on what a suspected hour count is for this game? I'm hoping, for competition sake, to breeze through the game rather quickly. I think, with enough time, it might be possible to drop the elite four in a week or two, unless this game is considerably longer than the others.

Latios Master
March 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
I usually take about 2 weeks to reach the Elite 4 in past games, so that's what I anticipate with White. I don't like to race through games, I prefer to sort of take my time and enjoy the journey.

Nameless.
March 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
I plan on playing very slowly. I want to catch and train as many Pokemon as I possibly can throughout the game, explore every nook and cranny, and talk to all the NPCs possible.
I really want to learn everything I can about Unova and it's Pokemon, because it's really interested me. <3 What fun is it to rush anyway? It makes the game really boring and one-purposed. I typically rush through Pokemon games, 2 b a masta. But it makes me feel a little less satisfied. ]: I'll prolly take a month or so to complete the game honestly.. heck, I didn't even complete the Japanese White version. :x

Weavile05
March 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna take it nice and easy, and try not to rush, but at the same time, try to make every time i turn that DS on a productive moment.

TheAppleFreak
March 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm going to take my copy of Black/White (at this point, I'm unsure of what to get) fairly slowly. I more or less sped through Japanese White, and I wanna take this more slowly.

Livewire
March 3rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
I'll fly right through it, I'll be on spring break (with nothing else to do this time) so i have an entire week to play it with no interruptions.

dithyrambos
March 3rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
I'll fly right through it, I'll be on spring break (with nothing else to do this time) so i have an entire week to play it with no interruptions.

Yeah. Me, too. I mean, I'm not going to be on spring break but I am going to fly through the game. I just can't help it. :x

Or.... Maybe, just maybe, I'll play the first game slowly and rush through the second. Or vice versa....

pkmntrainerpaul
March 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I'm going to play it as soon as I get it, in a hour.
I'm also buying a DSi for me to play at :D

The Corrupt Plague
March 4th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Slow and casual, I want to absorb every second of Unova that I can. I have about $200 on me right now, so I will be getting it very soon.

PlatinumDude
March 4th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I'll just take my time and enjoy the game, while rushing through it on some parts.

Kaori
March 4th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Like a lot of people have stated, I'll be playing quite a bit of time each day but also absorbing what's going on in the games. I want to make sure I catch many of the big and little aspects, and anything I might want to know while playing through as well. These moments will also be kept recorded in the travel journal so I know how it was like when I first got these games, and the silly things that I've done. n_n

I'll probably follow a mid-fast pace with these games, but I definitely don't plan on rushing.

Darthbane2007
March 4th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I plan to take my time and explore everything this game has to offer..

RYOUKI
March 4th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm going at it moderately. Like, I'll explore Unova here and there but try to finish it in one or two weeks. It's because:

When I got Platinum, I got too excited about the new Battle Frontier that I rushed through Pt and finished the game in 3 days. Yes, my Pokemon were severly underleved, and I needed my ace in Pearl to beat the E4 and Champion.

But when I got Soul Silver, I decided to take it reeeeeal slow, and like, explore, catch Pokemon (I never catch Pokemon unless I have too much free time), strategise my team, Pokewalker and do Pokeathlon and such. Uh, yeah. Slow doesn't cut out for me and I still haven't finished the game. (As in beaten Red and challenged the E4 the second time. I restarted when I beat Blue since I was bored of my Pokemon team.)

So yeah, do it in moderately. Finish it slow, but finish it in one week or two.

Bluerang1
March 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I'll take my time. I practiced this with SS but even more so on my second run of Platinum where I talked to every single person and trainer after battles. The text is very entertaining, I love Platinum :) So I'll do the same with Black, I want to fully experience it. Platinum took me 20 days and I EVed my team a little during that time so Black should take of about the same time to beat the main game :)

Toshiro.
March 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM
While playing, I am going to take my sweet old time. I am not going to rush through this, it looks awesome.

AadmM
March 4th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I beat White in about a week--this time I plan on taking it nice and slow! I may even train up a whole team of six Pokémon--which is something I rarely ever do these days when playing through the main game.

I also plan on trading a few of the Pokémon I caught in White over to Black, breeding them, and raising them as part of my team, just to make things a little more interesting. :D

weeman10
March 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I am going to enjoy every minute of it.
Picked up my white copy today. This is just like when I first played Yellow!

Roughsponge
March 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I think for my first playthrough I'll take it fairly slow, taking to all the NPCs and explore all the different areas. Plus, I'll just be putting my team together as I go through the game (which I normally plan ahead for) and that will take some time to keep everyone at the same level. So this should take around 2 weeks or more I hope :)

Then I'll probably restart White again or buy Black and start on that (not decided yet), and I think I'll rush through it a bit more on the second time with a more planned team.

Thats if my game does come tomorrow.. I'm praying it does :(

Kendosis
March 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I'm just gonna zoom through it, I only bought it for the online experience.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
March 4th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Medium pace, not too slow, not too fast. I dragged out my playthrough of Japanese Black and then did a quick playthrough of Japanese White.

DarkVhozon
March 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Well I no I'm gonna be falling asleep in school for the next few week...

shinyabsol1
March 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Likely very slowly. I'm not so excited that I need to play it 5 hours a day or anything.

...I will savor this game...

Sol Rovyn
March 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I plan on enjoying the games and going through the gameplay slowly so I can absorb all the new game mechanics and the general aesthetics of the new generation. This was a mistake I made with Diamond and Pearl, I literally beat the game within three days, leaving little to no time what-so-ever to actually get a feel for the game itself.

LouBeatYou
March 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I will try to take the game in a medium-slow pace, even though when I got pokemon Heart Gold, I took on Whitney my first day, and already had 3 pokemon with the natures I wanted lol. I will probably start to rush, but I will have to slow myself down a bit I suppose.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 4th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Played through Black slowly while trying to understand it and level up my Pokémon to decent levels and stuff, but with my impulse-purchased game of White, I dunno if I'm even going to try - I'll possibly finish it off as scrappily as possible. I did the same with my English copies of Platinum and HeartGold, and I'm not motivated to finish either of them off.

Junes
March 4th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Slowly: savor the flavor. Biological adaptations happen faster than my progress. I wade in every detail.

Raichupacabra
March 4th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I am going to take my time.
When I was little in RSE my Pokes were in their 30s at the E4
So I plan to fight every trainer, and get those awesome TMs.
What I do is I find out the gym leader's strongest Pokemon's Level.
I train all my Pokes to that level.

So I'll probably spend 50+

Eleken
March 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I dont realy know. In HG I send my EVded pokés from Diamond (low levels) and beat game with it, but now I cant do that and I am too lazy for training many random wild pokemon only for single use.

Waffle-San
March 4th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Quickly at a fast pace I guess. :P When I play I make sure that not a single square goes unexplored, building unentered or person unspoken to. I also refuse to run away from wild battles while I'm adventuring unless I'm running in circles trying to find a specific Pokemon. That being said I'll become obsessed with the game and play it hours upon hours each day. So my hour count will be high, but my day count will be fairly short. :P

travisjb90
March 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I am going to take my time and enjoy the game, no need to rush.

lynds
March 5th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I will take my time with it, I like to enjoy the game first time I play.. talk to everyone. Check everything :classic:

BlazikenXD
March 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hmmmmm... Good Question! I will probably play through quite slow and enjoy the games scenery and things like that. :)

institutions
March 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Normally on my first playthrough I only use my starter and just bash my way through everything, but this time i'd like to take it slow, with a party of 5 or 6.

I plan on talking to every NPC and exploring everything.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 5th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I'll probably proceed at a slower pace, just like I do with every new Pokemon game when it first comes out. I want to really see if these games live up to their hype, and you can't really tell if you just speed through them.

Sora's Nobody
March 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
let's just say it this way. 4 hours in. Not even challenged first gym.

Giraffe
March 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I'm taking my time and getting everything out of the game.

Zorua
March 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
If this game was a remake of an old game, then yeah, I would quickly blaze through it, but in new games like this, I always try to take my time and try to enjoy the experience and the features and not miss out on anything. ♥

Queen of Darkness
March 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm planning on going slow through the game, I want to enjoy the scenery of the different places and train my Pokemon to be well rounded.

KieronGames
March 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Considering I accidentally played it 11 hours straight -.-
I'm almost finished. T_T
So I can/have to rush.

Kon~
March 5th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm a VERY slow player, and with my White, it seems to be even slower than usual. It might just be the fact that I've only played PMD in the last couple of months, but levelling up seems really hard in it, and I'm having to grind loads between gyms because I just can't raise my Pokémon fast enough.

I'm about five hours in and still preparing for the third gym, so I don't see myself finishing any time soon. D:

Autaven
March 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I usually play them all slowly so think I'll be sticking to that. I've played 8 hours so far and only got 2 badges... pretty damn slow I believe xP

Roughsponge
March 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah so I planned on taking it slow.. I think it's the slowest I've ever played a pokemon game.. I've played around 5-6 hours and Im still grinding for the 2nd gym :P Theres was like barely any trainers inbetween the first and second gym! I mean c'mon give us a break.

Patchisou Yutohru
March 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I am going to take my sweet ol' time exploring Unova. I will not leave a rock unturned, a person neglected, a building unseen, an ocean dry, a town unventured, etc!

Kon~
March 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I guess I'm not the only one finding it hard to keep up with the level rises. >.<

I keep wanting to play but then thinking "Gah! If I switch my DS on I'll just spend another hour grinding! Can I face it?"

I want to enjoy myself because the scenery is so pretty. When I stepped onto Route 1 and was greeted by falling leaves and the wind sailing through the grass, I knew this game would be special. Four hours later (four hours?!) walking across Skyarrow Bridge... ♥

BUT IT'S TOO HARD D:

Heart Gold
March 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I always take like 3 days to pick my starter, so I'm trying to choose before hand.

Chatot Lover
March 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I'm taking it very slowly.

My best friend and I got the game simultaneously and he's really rushing through. He's already at the 5th Gym or something. And I'm only at the 3rd :P

Also, I find the game to be much harder than older Pokémon games so there's more training to do than usual.

I want to talk to everyone in the towns, pick up every item etc. This sure takes a time. No sense completing the game as fast as possible.

Pwnyta Jockey
March 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I'll be going for a Black version speed run of sorts. Starter will be a female Snivy to be kept as its second stage or first. Will replace with the game's Grass-for-Grass in game trade

A Sturdy pokemon will be on my team as well as a poison-status one. Sigilyph, Sand Rush dog, zebra thing, Darmanitan (not Greg) and "Geo2'd" are a guarantee for my team. Zebra will get replaced. Stealth Rock and a "roar-type" role will me present on my team either through Roar/Whirlwind/Throw/DragonTail. Toxic Spikes also sound appealing.

Will use a Patrat for early game stages due to my liking the sound of it with BlackGlasses, Cut, Flash, Bite/Crunch, and Super Fang.

So glad there is much variety for a Grass user. I may just like the cactus...

Blake3one6
March 6th, 2011, 09:02 AM
this isn't a game u can really rush through even if you wanted to i think lol

Mew~
March 6th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Well to be honest, as soon as I bought both versions I thought I would go a little faster in one of the but right now I think i'm going at a pretty reasonable pace, i'm hoping to keep it up and try to explore a bit more.

Patchisou Yutohru
March 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
So far, I have 4 hours logged, and I only just got the first gym badge. So I'd say I'm holding up to my word in taking it nice and slow this generation. n___n

0m3GA ARS3NAL
March 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I JUST got home from gamestop and am reading the game book right now.
I can't wait to get started, and I plan on playing this one nice and slow.
I wanna take it all in. ALL of it.

grodkorv
March 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM
i must say that im really taking my time with my white version!
now i have about 15hours gameplay and i just recevied my 5th gymbadge :)

i must say that im really taking my time with my white version!
now i have about 15hours gameplay and i just recevied my 5th gymbadge :)

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
As slow as I can without driving myself crazy.