PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek reboot

pikachurcks
March 4th, 2011, 07:48 AM
what did you think of the JJ Abrams Star Trek film

TRIFORCE89
March 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Having absolutely no knowledge or familiarity of the Star Trek universe prior to seeing it, I enjoyed.

A little heavy on the lens flare but very enjoyable

Toasty.Toast
March 15th, 2011, 06:47 AM
^agreed. I think that they did a good job trying to introduce Star trek to a new generation of teens that have never really known star trek before. I know very little about star trek, but i do know that they changed the timeline around. (clever, abrams. clever)

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I'd seen Star Trek previously and I loved the J.J. Abrams film :) I think he's working on a sequel for sometime next year :)

I'm a huge fan of a lot of things he's done, the main one being the fantastic TV show, Alias :)

Cherrim
March 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Having absolutely no knowledge or familiarity of the Star Trek universe prior to seeing it, I enjoyed.

A little heavy on the lens flare but very enjoyable
Pretty much this, except replace "absolutely" with "almost".

Was this a one-time-only reboot or are they making more of them? I thought I remembered hearing that this was gonna continue but I haven't really heard any news about that since the movie first came out. :/

TRIFORCE89
March 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Going to be a series. Two sequels planned at least. Next one is supposed to be out in the summer of next year. But I haven't heard anything.

Abrams has been working on other things like "Super 8" (which I really, really want to see). And doesn't seem like he's going to be directing the sequels (apparently, he only wanted to conceive and produce the first one - not direct it).

Okay... maybe not "absolutely". I knew of Star Trek. And I knew some character names. But, I never saw a movie or an episode of any series. Mom's a fan of the original series though.