PDA

View Full Version : Old School Games

SBaby
December 8th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Anyone who has played older console games and wants to talk about them.

Here's an example:

I remember the days of the NES, Genesis, and SNES (I wasn't really around for the Atari). I also remember one game that I was hooked on for weeks on end.

Bionic Commando. No jumping, just swinging on a Bionic Arm. The challenge came from parts of the game where you had to time your swings in ways that would give Spider-Man a heart attack. But the highlight of the game, is you got to blow up Hitler. That was the coolest part of the entire game, and you actually saw his head explode! 8-Bit gore at its finest, people.

Intuition
December 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Lol, I allways played the Donkey Kong games on the SNES ^^ *Relives his past* :D

Mr Cat Dog
December 8th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I just love Pacman < . . . . . <-- pathetic impression of game XD

Pacman is just incredibly addictive, and when you eat all the ghosts and stuff it gives you a real buzz when you win a level. I really should have another go on it sometime ^_^

Intuition
December 8th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Yeah ur right! Really a good oldie! :D Still like to play it ^^

TRIFORCE89
December 8th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Donkey Kong, Donkey Jong Jr., Super Mario Bros., Mario Bros., Tetris, Ms. Pac-Man (superior to Pac-Man), Duck Hunt, Galaxian and Galaga.

Those are some of my personal favs. ^^ Oh, and Bubble Bobble!

Jeremy
December 8th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Ironicaly, The Legend of Zelda didn't made the list for TRIFORCE89. XD

For me, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Metroid, Zelda, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, ect. I'm gona go an relive my pixcel past! XD *Plays LoZ.*

DarknessMonkey
December 8th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Uhhh...
Super Mario Bros 1-3 As Well! (I Practiclly Mastered That When I Was 2 Or 3)
Uhh...
Metroid,Legend Of Zelda,The DK Series,Oooo Duck Hunt! (I Killed Those Ducks XD!),Sonic-All!, & More!

Lokhlan
December 8th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Pong...

Pfft, I'm not that old. For me, it's all about Pitfall & Spy Hunter (Arcade).

Intuition
December 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
I only had a SNES so that's the oldest I can remember ^^ :D

Kyosuke
December 8th, 2004, 11:33 PM
The first Metal Gear for NES was so old school XD, I remember playing the first and secound one when my brother had it.

Also, the all time favourite orginal Mario.

Sylphiel
December 8th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Whoo, old games. XD I absolutely love older games. There's just something about them...

I've had a game system for as long as I've remembered - even when I was young, I remember having an NES (which I still have around, though I can't use it 'cause it lacks a power cord). There are a bunch of older games that I love...the Zelda games, the Mario games...

Ah yes, I remember more now. Blaster Master, and the Adventures of Lolo series (though I've played those within only the past few years, admittedly). I love those. XD And there are still some more that I like...

The SNES has some games I like as well, though those are mainly RPGs. ^_^;;

Timbjerr
December 9th, 2004, 03:51 AM
before I even owned a system, I was addicted to the Donkey Kong arcade game. I also went to my fiend's house to play his NES, where I got addicted to Metroid, Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber, and Dokney Kong...again. Once I got my first console (SNES) I pretty much got addicted to the sequels of the above games, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, DK Country. I was also hooked on Tetris Attack for a long time...

*Nintendo fanboy*

Intuition
December 9th, 2004, 04:53 AM
The sega 16-bit was doing good here to! (Genesis) I liked the sonic games and the golden axe games the most! :D

Lucifer
December 9th, 2004, 06:21 AM
It's the typical classics that roped me in I'm afraid. Mario 1/2/3, Zelda, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter, Mario Kart, Sonic, Golden Axe, Mortal Kombat, Streets of Rage, etc etc etc. XD

There were also a load of odd titles that've now become personal classics. I don't think anyone will have heard of them though.

Intuition
December 9th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Most of you is talking about the SNES or the NES.. That aren't very old consoles :P Old would be the very old Atari games ^^

Lucifer
December 9th, 2004, 06:38 AM
My first two systems were the Master System and NES, and I was playing games on them that were developed in 1986 (the year I was born). Nearly 20 years ago. That's old, regardless of what came before them. XD

Intuition
December 9th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Lol, ok that is old :P But I still play the SNES often and it isn't very old for me :D

Mr Cat Dog
December 9th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Oooh Oooh! Space Invaders! I love that game. My score's massive, but I'm not going to be able to remember all those digits, so I'm no going to bother check and stuff. XD

Intuition
December 9th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Lol, yeah that was a good game ^^ I liked Tetris when I was very young to! :D

FireEmporer
December 10th, 2004, 06:22 AM
One of my favorite games Was this Obscure little game That I can't remember the title of it, but it was for an old game system...You opened doors, and the bad guys walked in them, Then you closed the bad guys in the door and locked it... Stupid sounding, But fun!

TRIFORCE89
December 10th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Ironicaly, The Legend of Zelda didn't made the list for TRIFORCE89. XD

For me, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Metroid, Zelda, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, ect. I'm gona go an relive my pixcel past! XD *Plays LoZ.*
I didn't enjoy LoZ all too much. It was rather bland, but that's probably because I've played all the newer ones first. I played it once when I was a toddler but I found it incredibly hard so it bothered me.

I like it because it started Zelda. But ALttP made Zelda what it is now.

Lucifer
December 10th, 2004, 09:39 AM
I was only young when I first played the original Legend of Zelda, so it was way too hard for me to progress beyond the second dungeon. But I disagree with the ^above statement, especially after finally getting somewhere in the game through the NES Classics port. The original Zelda is what made the series. The sense of adventure, weapons and classic Zelda SFX all started in the NES game.

Breakout
December 10th, 2004, 09:49 AM
My favourite are the old Megadrive classics like Sonic 1, Golden Axe 2, Super Street Fighter 2 oooh and Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusions! those were the days xD

Intuition
December 10th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Lol, I personnaly think Sonic 2 was way better :D And Golden Axe 1 still is the best ^^

Breakout
December 10th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I liked Streets of Rage, it's one of the best multiplayer games on the system. Sonic 2 is good but I hate the split screen in 2 player mode.

Lucifer
December 10th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Sonic 3 coupled with Sonic & Knuckles was my favourite. :bandit:

Intuition
December 10th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah I always played Streets of Rage! But allways got killed in the 8th level ^^'
When u have to fight against all the bosses :D

loony
December 11th, 2004, 12:59 AM
i played blob and double dragon that are cool old skool games:D