PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Midnight Release

Erufuun
March 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Attention everyone who reserved their Pokemon Black and White at your local Gamestop! I have very good news for you!! :D

This is something I never expected to see, but Gamestop is having midnight releases of Pokemon Black and White! Normally this is only something reserved for hardcore games. (Halo, Killzone, Call of Duty, etc.) While Pokemon is a widely played game, it is still steered towards younger audiences. Maybe this is a sign that Pokemon Black and White is going to do exceptionally well in America, with hardcore and casual gamers alike! <3

Whether this is completely regional or not, I do not know. I live in central Texas, and all the Gamestops in my area are participating in a Midnight release. I am very curious to know if the rest of America is doing so~

So, if you want to get your copy of Pokemon Black and White 10 hours before anyone else in America, you might wanna call down your neighborhood Gamestop! ;D

All phone numbers can be easily found by Googling the city and state you live in, plus "Gamestop".

So, drive, get a friend who can, or keep bugging your parents until they finally crack and bring you to the Midnight Release! :3 Heck, you could even meet some Pokemon fans in the area you never knew about! Maybe someone from PC! :D

EDIT: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195443403813581&index=1 At participating locations. o3o

Please post if your Gamestop will or will not, where you live, and if you are going or not. :3

Fresh
March 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM
i reserved mines last week friday and my friends works there and he told me to come down to the midnight release. they'll be having it, with prize give aways and refreshments theres tons of posters in the store advertising the midnight release too

countduckula
March 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately the Gamestop that I reserved my copy of Black at is only opening early, 9 instead of 12, which is still cool I guess. But I am really jealous of anybody that can get it at midnight tomorrow night.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
March 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I wish mine was having a midnight release ='(

I guess I gotta go at 9am on the 6th. I'm gonna go there in my Touko cosplay ^^

Katja
March 4th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Gamestops in MD are doing this as well! I'm going to the one in Bel Air

JP
March 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mine's only getting a 9am release, bummer. I would have totally went to a midnight release, though I guess the store I ordered from didn't get enough pre-orders for that to happen.

countryemo
March 4th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Woo! Midnight release, never been to one :P and probally wont
The only gamestop near me, is up in bellvue? which is few hours away. So '9' am release :|

Bleak
March 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I'm really crossing my fingers that my Gamestop will be doing one. 9AM's cool and all, but I want this game ASAP. Like RIGHT NOW :D

EDIT: Just looked. Closest one to me that's opening at midnight is 2 states away.
Use this link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/pokemonmid/ to look it up if you don't want to call for whatever reason.

Queen of Darkness
March 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Makes me wish my brother and I had reserved White...wait...it's already midnight in the East Coast :D! You EC'ers are lucky :)

Bleak
March 4th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Makes me wish my brother and I had reserved White...wait...it's already midnight in the East Coast :D! You EC'ers are lucky :)

It's midnight, but on the wrong day. Doesn't come out until this time tomorrow.

Queen of Darkness
March 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM
It's midnight, but on the wrong day. Doesn't come out until this time tomorrow.
Oh right forgot today was Friday...feels like Saturday...

Wynningg
March 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM
9 am for me, sadly. I'm going anyway! I cant wait its going to be awesome. I may even get the dsi pack (:

Kevin
March 5th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not staying up to midnight just for B/W. I'll just buy it early in the morning. Besides, none of my Gamestop stores are participating in the midnight event anyway.

CptSwaggerPants
March 5th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I wish mine was having a midnight release ='(

I guess I gotta go at 9am on the 6th. I'm gonna go there in my Touko cosplay ^^

Oh my gosh really? I'm going in my Touko cosplay too!

I don't mind mine not having a midnight release I don't suppose, I'm still having trouble deciding what I'll name my Snivy...so the extra time is appreciated.

institutions
March 5th, 2011, 09:39 AM
The store near me is having a midnight release, but I won't be going for a few reasons.

For one, i'm sure it will mostly be children there, and two, it's not really worth it. At midnight i'll either be sleeping or playing Minecraft. I can wait until 10 tomorrow, no big deal.

Porygon Z
March 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM
No problem for me, I've already got my Black copy :D

molepeople27
March 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
What is going to a midnight release like anyways (for a game as big as pokemon)?
I mean it's like having to wait on Black Friday?
I mean no doubt I would do it (if the Gamestops' in my city were doing that); but would I enjoy myself?

Raichu1988
March 5th, 2011, 10:27 AM
The store I always go to and I reserved from is having a midnight release. I'm pondering if I should go then or not, and I'm leaning a little towards yes because hopefully there will be more of an adult crowd/older teen crowd since it's midnight and I know I can count on many younger kids and families there the next morning. ^^; But, I'm also sick so I might just wait until Sunday, either way it's not a big deal to me I'm just excited it's finally here!

molepeople27
March 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
What is going to a midnight release like anyways (for a game as big as pokemon)?
I mean it's like having to wait on Black Friday?
I mean no doubt I would do it (if the Gamestops' in my city were doing that); but would I enjoy myself?

Sansa Stark
March 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
My Gamestop is only getting a 9 AM release. I asked them today. ):<

Heart Gold
March 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM
My Gamestop gets the 9 AM release. :(

bwburke94
March 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I pre-ordered online. :( So I won't be able to do the Celebi event either...

charlulz
March 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I live in hagerstown maryland but there are no midnight releases :C. will be open when the mall opens around 10-11 am

MiSoRamen
March 5th, 2011, 07:46 PM
9 AM for my location. :(
I can live till then, I think!

G-Virus
March 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I asked my mom if we could go, but she said no :(. Aw well, I'll have to get White after church tomorrow then.

bwburke94
March 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Gotta buy 'em all! 34 more minutes!

Shadow
March 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm going to Toys-R-Us for the buy one get 50% off another DS game as well as the free bundle.

Though I did overhear a guy pre-ordering while downloading Celebi and the local ones are doing a 9AM release. Also one of the Gamestops didn't get Celebi.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Only 13 minutes left and it will be released in the East coast :D
I'll probably buy mine at 8 Pacific time though as I didn't preorder it :(

Dillon_68
March 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I live too far from the city for the midnight release, not to mention an 18 year old amidst little kids would be awkward. I'll be getting mine around 2 PM tomorrow.

shinyabsol1
March 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Why would you go to a midnight release? I'm going to be sleeping during that time...and I will wake up in the morning nice and rested, and then I will get my game. Have patience!

DeathOfBlades
March 5th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Yep. I live in the LA County area and they're doing midnight releases at our gamestops. Maybe some of them aren't but the majority of our gamestops are. I did pre-order my Black copy but I don't think I'll make it to the midnight release. Probably the morning release ;-D. Enjoy your gaming guys. Also I want to know if the Celebi event they're having at Gamestop is the same Celebi they gave out at the Black and White Mall Tour.

miakalina
March 5th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Is it just Gamestop? I'm going to Walmart at midnight to see if I can get it, but I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: It wasn't on display, but they did have it behind the counter. First one to buy it at that Walmart too. [:

TwilightBlade
March 6th, 2011, 01:42 AM
About 10 minutes to midnight, I drove by my Gamestop and it was packed! There must have been at least 40 nerds at the door! <3

I decided to just waltz into Wal-mart instead. I was second in line.. out of like six people haha. Mostly guys. They were buying White, but I know better; I am glad. Whimsicott. <33

King Gumball
March 6th, 2011, 01:51 AM
You crazy people going at midnight D:< Yeah if b/w was released in Aus I would have no chance at leaving to pick up pokemon at midnight XD

miakalina
March 6th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Hooray for Wal-mart. The closest participating Gamestop for me was about 10 miles away. Why go that far when Wal-mart is so much closer. Midnight is like evening for me. :P

Haza
March 6th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Since I work a the shopping mall where I reserved mine and my brothers copies I'm just going to picj it up before I go into work tonight. It's only going to make my workday feel even longer! Ugh! Bad day to have a Pokemon game come out too! Haha, I have an essay (that I have not started) due tomorrow.

Heart Gold
March 6th, 2011, 05:51 AM
About 10 minutes to midnight, I drove by my Gamestop and it was packed! There must have been at least 40 nerds at the door! <3

I decided to just waltz into Wal-mart instead. I was second in line.. out of like six people haha. Mostly guys. They were buying White, but I know better; I am glad. Whimsicott. <33

Another Black fan! Everyone I know is buying White. I went to the midnight release but they ran short of Black, so I get it at 9 AM this morning. But like 75% of the people got White.

I was in the car on the way to get to my church before I get my Black today, and I was missing my DSi for four months. I haven't ridden in the back of that car forever and I checked the pocket out of boredom and I found my DSi! I'm so excited! Can't wait to get it! 9 AM release :)!

Shadow
March 6th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Is it just Gamestop? I'm going to Walmart at midnight to see if I can get it, but I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: It wasn't on display, but they did have it behind the counter. First one to buy it at that Walmart too. [:

My mother's Walmart is supposedly not selling their copies until Tuesday. Everything at that store says the 8th.

Just gotta wait for Toys R Us to open. @_@

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 6th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Huh. I know retailers can go OTT with street price, but they hold back on release dates too? What?

Shadow
March 6th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Considering Walmart has gotten into some issues in the past with releasing games early, I'm sure they're thinking better late than early.

Also, it may have just been a few people saying incorrect things. That's not too rare with Walmart.

Noah Ridgewood
March 6th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks so much for posting this. If I didn't see this thread, I would've had to wait until 7 PM to get the game, opposed to midnight. We went and it was crazy. We were late, so I called GameStop and they said that they would keep the store open until we got there. How nice of them. Then when we got there, we got the last White version available. <3

lol @ how people reported this thread for advertising.

AngelXavier
March 6th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I am highly disappointed with my Gamestop. I live in Maryland, and I reserved at the Gamestop in Golden Ring. My sister and I both saw the sign that told us there was going to be a midnight release, and we planned to go. Well, as we were pulling up last night there was another car waiting for it too. We saw the employees lock up the store and turn the lights off at 11:55, and leave the store. The other family started talking to them and they also came over to us, apparently, there never was a sign, and Pokemon isn't a big enough title to have a midnight release for. I personally think this is due to younger children playing games to old for them, such as COD, Halo, and Killzone. I got up at 8 this morning to go get it and I am highly pleased with it.

Blake3one6
March 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
i heard the midnight release where i live was crazy!

Shadow
March 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I got to the local Toys R Us about ten minutes after it had opened and they had about 6 of each version left (outside of the pre-orders) by then.

Saving $39 (half off of one game and two of those Legendary Kits) was worth waiting from midnight to 10 AM. Not to mention sleeping.