PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] If the follow me feature were to be implemented...

Kaori
March 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Which Pokémon do you see yourself having by your side? If it was an option to have one follow you around, which Generation V Pokémon would be at your side?

Discuss, discuss, discuss!
Wooop, 1000th thread. :D

PlatinumDude
March 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'd see myself with Excadrill or Samurott following me around. Scolipede isn't too bad, either.

Forever
March 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM
1k? Aww I missed it. XD

Probably not Galvantula, because it would walk weird imo. Soo... Ducklett would probably look awesome if it was following me.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM
DAGEKI.

Who doesn't want a pseudo-human that wears a KARATE UNFORM following them? (It's not like the feature was ever going to happen.)

vaporeon7
March 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Who wouldn't want Seed bby or Lilligant behind them?

JP
March 4th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Chandelure would be my choice. How sick would it be to have a ghost chandelier following you around? XD

インフェルノの津波
March 4th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I think Hydreigon has to get my vote, though it may look to...chibi-ish.

In the case that happens, I choose Tynamo.

Guy
March 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Reuniclus? I couldn't imagine a better Pokémon following me around Unova than that. I mean a green, jelly-like bear? That's pretty awesome in my opinion.

Oh, and Seed bby (Petilil) of course.

Soo... Ducklett would probably look awesome if it was following me.
I can picture Ducklett squabbling on its feet following behind. Cute. n__n

Beloved
March 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Kyurem, Genesect, Reshiram, Bisharp, Haxorus, Joltik, or Carracosta. Those are the ones I'd prefer, at least.

Stormbringer
March 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
It would have to be either one of these guys. <3

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fd/Ani609MS.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d6/Ani628MS.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani635MS.png

Lava.
March 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I thought they would be able to follow you around...?

ManhattanTheStarr
March 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Pignite, because it's just plain cute really. :3

Exile
March 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I'd take Daikenki, Haxorus, or Conkeldurr along with me. I guess I'm just a fan of walking with bipedal mons.
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CKmaster/Iloveiaza.gif

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem...legendaries are some of my favorite Pokemon to walk with either due to their size or their elegance :)

Vrai
March 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I'd get Escavalier because it's my favorite Pokemon. ;D

(Plus, how does it move, anyway? x__x)

Forever
March 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I thought they would be able to follow you around...?

Nope, they only can in HG/SS. :(

Kevin
March 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'd like to see an Emolga and Kyurem follow behind me.

Kokuo
March 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I'd probably have Samurott follow me around, as it will be my starter.

Plasma Grunt
March 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'd love to see a Klinklang following me. It'll be weird but cool at the same time. I would also like to see Vanilluxe following me as well.

CptSwaggerPants
March 4th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Seperior, Oshawott or Zurua of course!

Astinus
March 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
My starter Oshawott (and its evolutions), of course. Either him or my Woobat/Swoobat, because that thing is adorable.

fenyx4
March 5th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Which Pokémon do you see yourself having by your side? If it was an option to have one follow you around, which Generation V Pokémon would be at your side?

Discuss, discuss, discuss!
Wooop, 1000th thread. :D

1000 threads? MY GOSH, Kaori. Congratulations! ^^
Wait...your profile only shows 72 threads! Do you mean 1000th BW thread? In any case, congrats!

DAGEKI.

Who doesn't want a pseudo-human that wears a KARATE UNFORM following them? (It's not like the feature was ever going to happen.)

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/625.gif
Even better, who doesn't want a pseudo-human POWA RAINJAA POKEMON (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bisharp_%28Pok%C3%83%C2%A9mon%29) following them, always accompanied by this awesome theme music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk8Lw8W8AgM) playing whenever it appears?

I'd take Daikenki, Haxorus, or Conkeldurr along with me. I guess I'm just a fan of walking with bipedal mons.
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CKmaster/Iloveiaza.gif

!!!! Where did you get those sprites?! Aaaugh, now I really hope this Follow-Me/Walking Pokemon feature returns in BW's successor(s)!

My starter Oshawott (and its evolutions), of course. Either him or my Woobat/Swoobat, because that thing is adorable.

There's something amusing and cute about a blind Woobat or Zubat fluttering its wings yet remaining so ever loyal to the path of its Pokemon Trainer. :cer_laugh:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/590.gifhttp://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/548.gifhttp://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/577.gifhttp://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/582.gif
Plus, who wouldn't want a cute mushroom, a jiggling cell, a seed bby, or some ice cream hopping/waddling merrily behind you with their widdle selves! :3

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Vanilluxe, Shandera, Jarorda, Swanna, Zeburaika and Altaria! XD They're my team for Pokemon White~ XD

Kaori
March 5th, 2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/582.gifhttp://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/568.gif
I have to agree, seeing a Pokémon such as Vanillite following you around would be so cool. n_n Especially with the Pokémon brought into this generation, the follow me feature would have been amazing. If it were to be implemented in the games though, I would like to see any of them follow me to be honest. I could just imagine a Trubbish trailing behind me. :3

mochilicious
March 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I would definitely choose Swoobat; I think it's my favorite Gen. V Pokemon, and it's so cute!

King Gumball
March 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I would have my future Serperior follow me around :3 I wonder what it would look like. Shiny Swoobat and Munna would be awesome as well though.

flight
March 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM
If it were to be implemented in the games though, I would like to see any of them follow me to be honest. I could just imagine a Trubbish trailing behind me. :3

This is kinda my reply to this thread. Because I can't really chose one single Pokemon to follow me around, I'd rather not care and out of curiosity, see what it's like to have pretty much any of them follow me.

Meganium
March 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I'd probably have either Oshawott (unevolved) or Chillarmy. They're both so cute I wish I want them following me by my side. ^_^

Heart Gold
March 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Serperior would be awesome following you.

Sad that they didn't implement this though.

Gardenia101
March 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Serperior, because it's just plain awesome =D

Alli
March 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Seed bby now, Seed bby tomorrow, Seed bby forever. That is all.

Kendosis
March 5th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I would go with Beartic :)

Giraffe
March 6th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I miss the follow me feature. D:

I'd probably have my trusty Audino or Leavanny at my side. ^^;

The Corrupt Plague
March 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
If I could choose a gen 5 pokemon for this, it would be Genesect, who is currently my favorite bug type right now.

Nameless.
March 6th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Honestly, I really don't mind if it's implemented or not.
It was a nice little feature to have in HGSS, but it's not all that important to me. It made the gameplay a bit more fun yes, to have a Pokemon to interact with, but I think Dream World does an okay job of that already. Maybe someday in the future it'll be nice to have Gen 5 Pokemon follow you! Either in the third game or the 6th Gen, but it's not necessary for me to have fun. :]

Hachiku
March 6th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I would probably choose one of the ice cream cones. They're all I'll ever need to keep me entertained.

Pika-power
March 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Probably Genesect, since he's amazing.

vinylscratchp0n3
March 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I would love having a shiny Purrloin following me. I just like shiny Choroneko for some reason.

adhdguitar
March 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM
The Genies. They're just that epic.

BenjiTheKid
March 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM
The Lillipup evolution line. I don't normally like Normal types... finding that their designs are usually bland... but I love the Lillipup family. The first two are just so cute and the last stage is awesome. They would definitely be the ones following me at all times. Plus, as a dog person, having a terrier Pokemon following me around would be full of win.

Having Tepig follow me would be pretty sweet, too. He's adorable.

GlitchCity
March 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Serperior :3 it reminds me of Dragonair. I would love to have a giant green snake folllow me around all the time :D

wharrgabbrll
March 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I want my snivy to follow me around. :3

shinyabsol1
March 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I would want Gigalith to follow me around. It's one of my favorites right now!

Satoshi Ookami
March 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Reshiram! :D
And before Reshi... I guess I'd be changing it :)
But if were to be implemented then the games would be more demanding on hardware if you wanted to play it on emulator.

solarowl
March 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Pretty much any Gen IV pokemon! I love them all (but maybe some more than others).

Raichu1988
March 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Serperior for sure. Either that or Reshiram. If I had to pick any other besides those two, I'd probably go with Pansear or Sandile because I love their sprites.

gregory_turner420
March 7th, 2011, 11:35 AM
conkeldurr. seeing it walking with concrete pillars would be funny

Rai
March 7th, 2011, 04:22 PM
My question is, why didn't they include this feature? I would have been great and I would assume after they did in HG/SS it would be included in every game after.

I would probably have Deerling follow me :3 <3

Barn
March 10th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I don't know if its been said already, but this could totally work for the 3rd game. When you met N, he could say, "You keep your Pokémon in Pokéballs? How sad... they don't have a chance to breathe the fresh air, other than when they're in battles. Here, now the first Pokémon in your party will follow you outside of its Pokéball."

I would love if this feature was implemented!

The 100 Mega Shock
March 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
My question is, why didn't they include this feature? I would have been great and I would assume after they did in HG/SS it would be included in every game after.

I would probably have Deerling follow me :3 <3

Partly it's because the follower system was developed for Heart Gold and Soul Silver at the same time that Black and White were being developed - this leaves little leeway for the two teams to actually co-ordinate the system and copy it over to the BW engine, not to mention all the special dialouge that has to be written, events that need to be re-scripted and the testing that needs to be done to make sure nothing goes wrong.

It's also because the sprite artists already had a mammoth task ahead of them to sprite all the new Pokémon and trainers, draw new back sprites for every old Pokémon, draw new front sprites for a good number of Kanto and Hoenn Pokémon as well as reworking all the existing sprites for the animation system.

Matt 24
March 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I'd keep to my original roots and have Lucario follow me around.

I don't see why this fun little feature was removed. I found it really cool.

Eurydice
March 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM
i would probably have zorua at the moment because its so cute and its my current favorite gen V pokemon

Skapocalypse
March 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
My faithful Stoutland. I'd rather Dunsparce though.

Toshiro.
March 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
My Swoobat<3

I miss this feature btw :(

CptSwaggerPants
March 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Zoroark hands down no contest. He's the absolute best in my book :)

Kendosis
March 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Timburr, I just love that pokemon !

Jack Kentnon
March 18th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Darmanitan. him or Sawk. Those guys are pretty much Top percentage of Pokemon IMO

Spanner226
March 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Lilligant or a male Lapras(But we all know Lapras cannot traverse out of water, so this option is negated in one way).

Rionix
March 19th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I choose Victini to follow me... =)

TheGoddessOfDiscord
March 19th, 2011, 01:42 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/10/Spr_5b_579.png
Reuniclus. It's just so cute :cer_love: ...

Psysaturn
March 19th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Porygon.

Oh.. Gen 5? Pfft... I guess Larvesta. Only one I can actually see myself showing off or something...

Flegmon Van Lahmus
March 19th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I would have Boldore follow me, as he is a beast. He has come through for me more then most of my other team put together.

travisjb1990
March 19th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I would have Emboar at my side if I could. It would be so cool!

Hikamaru
March 22nd, 2011, 04:53 AM
I'd have Oshawott by my side. It just looks so cute in the anime.

Captain Fabio
March 22nd, 2011, 04:55 AM
Ooooo, I am not sure. I would like Bisharp following me, because it is already like a human but, like a super human! 8D

Ash
March 22nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hmm... while I'll probably end up having each of my team members by my side at one point, I think out of 'em I would pick Zebstrika. It would be pretty awesome to see a Zebra walking behind me, imo.

donavannj
March 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Uh... maybe Krookodile. I'm not sure, honestly.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
March 22nd, 2011, 07:11 AM
I'd have either Haxorus or Elektross at my side. <3 those pokemon.

Twilight-kun
March 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Make my pokemon tired and weak by forcing them to walk behind me?
naah
even if it flies...
and the water types can somehow breathe air and levitate, and they made Wailord too small...
I have a lot of complaints about the Walking Pokemon, so pay me no mind

in your Pokeball you go!

tjb90
March 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
I would have my Samurott follow me! That would be so cool!

SeanTheOriginal
March 24th, 2011, 06:56 AM
My Zoroark, no doubt. But it would look like my Shiny Audino.

The 100 Mega Shock
March 24th, 2011, 07:08 AM
and the water types can somehow breathe air and levitate, and they made Wailord too small...

This has been the case in battles ever since Pokémon games were released.

otakulily
March 24th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I think Lilligant would make a pretty intimidating bodyguard.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
March 24th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Snivy, Emonga , Reshiram, and Chiramii. ^^

OrpheusZero
March 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Can I get a giant Kyurem to follow me around?

If not, then the adorableness of Cinccino :3

DarkAngel91
March 24th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I'd have to say my darling female Serperior. She's so cute! Kinda upset they didn't make it so your pokemon can follow you around.

ElectricScyther
March 24th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Ferrothorn would look awesome following me around -- it's a spinning fortress with sharp thorns all over it. Or maybe Swoobat, it's very awesome.

Daydream
March 24th, 2011, 09:46 AM
My Samurott or Stoutland. Although I prefer the prevos of those pokemon so Lillipup and Dewott? I would consider Cofagrigus but it might try to eat me/turn me into a mummy. o_o

JooJoobs
March 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
My Meinshao of course. He's awesome and he always in a ready to fight find of stance! =D

Forever
October 31st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Time for weekly revival! ...just a little late. :( Either way, this thread can be posted in from now > forever, and so on. Instead of a heavier type of thread I went for a light-hearted one this week that could get a little bit of discussion but may provide some nice relief from some of the debates in the Unova Pokemon not looking like Pokemon thread!

Correspondence
October 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM
If i had to choose the starters should follow you around.But i think all the pokemon should follow you around.

chella182
October 31st, 2012, 11:24 AM
There's loads I'd like really... Virizion and Cobalion would be high on the list, 'cause I just think they look awesome :3 and Samurott. And Landorus. There's too many to list 'em all :laugh:

Killjoy
October 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM
My Misdreavus. She's would be to me what Pikachu is to Ash

Sverige
October 31st, 2012, 12:57 PM
It could only ever be Bidoof.

Forever
November 2nd, 2012, 12:32 AM
There's loads I'd like really... Virizion and Cobalion would be high on the list, 'cause I just think they look awesome :3 and Samurott. And Landorus. There's too many to list 'em all :laugh:

lol if they had different overworlds of the Unova Pokemon with a following feature then Samurott with like a sword or something would be adorable to see walking, like a real... otter-thing except with a badass sword it holds up!

Squirrel
November 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
I'd have a Foongus follow me around because it'd look so adorable omg. It'd sway from side to side and wave it's tiny little arms and awww I want one ;; There is the possibility that it'll just look like a Pokéball following you around from an aerial view, but I'm sure they'd sort that out haha.

November 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
I think Deino and Zweilous would look rather adorable following behind. Not Hydreigon though, he's ugly.

Synerjee
November 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
I wanted this feature to be implemented in the Black & White 2 games, but unfortunately it didn't happen..:( I really liked this feature in HG/SS! Makes me feel closer to my Pokemon. <3

If this feature was to be implemented in B/W or B/W2, I want..I want..Joltik to follow me around! Just imagine it in real life: Joltik riding on my shoulder. So cute! :3

Cyclone
November 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
I think Victini would look cool following you around. :D

Cyclone

Ven Bloodia
November 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
I'd have my Zekrom follow me around, because it's a giant jet black ****ing dragon that's why.

Osiris
November 3rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
A couple of the different legendaries would be interesting to have following me around, but if I could choose one of my Unova Pokemon to follow me it would be my Sigilyph (provided it didn't have to be the first Pokemon in your party like HG/SS).

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
November 8th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I would definitely go for either a golurk, a trubbish, or vannilite. I mean who wouldn't want a giant ghost statue, trash or an icecream cone following you around?! Especially trash. :D

Lunicli
November 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I can totally picture my scraggy walking with me. Oh yes.

AnimexFan
November 8th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'd personally choose Gothitelle, Jellicent, Serperior, Mienshao, and Chandelure. It's pretty much my entire team. haha

Hikamaru
November 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Alongside my obvious choice of Oshawott, I'd like to see Chandelure, Jellicent, Gothitelle, Beheeyem, Elgyem and also Excadrill.

And I'd also love to have the Vanillite line follow me cos I love those cute little ice-creams.

Pingouin7
November 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't care, it'd just be whatever Pokémon is at the top of my party.

TwilightBlade
November 10th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I'd have my shiny Whimsicott follow me around. I imagine she would float about and look adorable. :3 What's Gamefreak's excuse since fans (http://csc-a7x.deviantart.com/art/Unova-Overworlds-202087004) have done all the overworld sprites? Haha.

edit: I wasn't thinking about using the fans' work. I was thinking more about if fans can do it, why didn't the big people do it? Just something nice for the fans, but the follow-me feature can stay exclusive to HGSS and Yellow, too.

Cyclone
November 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I'd have my shiny Whimsicott follow me around. I imagine she would float about and look adorable. :3 What's Gamefreak's excuse since fans (http://csc-a7x.deviantart.com/art/Unova-Overworlds-202087004) have done all the overworld sprites? Haha.
"We do not accept work from third parties. All such work must be done within our studios."

Or somesuch, if they were to be asked.

I actually think, based on how the game works, that B/W was built off of Platinum's base, so that's why features that existed in HG/SS did not get imported. We can hope someday that a sixth gen. game is built off of the HG/SS base. It seems to me that B/W and HG/SS were developed simultaneously, and why B2/W2 doesn't use HG/SS features is simple: they already had the B/W base and simply had to edit maps, create new storyline scripts, etc. They probably didn't see a need to revisit the "follow me" feature.

Cyclone

Syltti
November 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Obvious answer.

...Lilligant. <3 If only... If only... /sadface

roosterman
November 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
i would normally have wobbuffet follow me around but considering he would have to fight the level 5 patrats i would stick with lucario since he looks cool and is an awesome sweeper

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
November 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I would alternate between my party Pokemon. But if I could only chose one it would be Meganium <3 How cool would it be if your whole party could follow you?

Urugamosu
November 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hmm, probably Golurk. It would look pretty awesome to have a huge metal beast following you.

Nakala Pri
November 14th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Pikachu! It could hop on my shoulder and be super adorable! Even though having a blue guy following you around all day in a karate costume would rock, pickachu is toooooo cute ^,^

halcyonic
November 14th, 2012, 11:17 PM
BLACK KYUREM!!! White Kyurem's an alternative, but not as cool as Black Kyurem & maybe...... an Escavalier & Haxorus, two examples of my fav fully-evolved Pokemon!

Chase
November 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Of course I would have a Jelly follow me. And maybe an Amoongus. That would look cool

chella182
November 21st, 2012, 10:41 AM
In Black 2, probably either my Lucario, Ampharos or Charizard. In Black, Charizard or Samurott. Not really sure why, they're just my favourites.

FrostPheonix
November 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I would love to have it reimplemented. One of my favorite features in HGSS. If it were there, I would have my Braviary or my *ahem* little Gigalith follow me.

Ash
November 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
On my current White Playthrough I would have Pikachu follow me because it just makes sense to have it follow me for ~reasons~

Unova Pokemon wise though, probably Litwick! Or Maybe Cinccino or Snivy or ... just so many I would love to have follow me. And it would be even better if they had implemented it, and they allowed you to choose which Pokemon follows you; not just whoever is first in your party.

Pikapia
November 21st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Oh wow, if only I had a Pikachu! Anyway, I'd have my looooooooovely Emboar follow me. He's so cool!

Also, how do you get a Black Kyurem and a White Kyurem? What's the difference? :P

Cyclone
November 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Oh wow, if only I had a Pikachu! Anyway, I'd have my looooooooovely Emboar follow me. He's so cool!

Also, how do you get a Black Kyurem and a White Kyurem? What's the difference? :P
Bkack Kyurem is fused with Zekrom. White Kyurem...you get the idea. :)

Cyclone

imevil
November 21st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Probably my Exadrill, he carried me through the entire game

TheTimidHoodlum
November 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Scrafty, Gigalith or Galvantula. Really like those Pokémon.

But if it wasn't Gen V stricted, it would probably be Wailord for the lols.