PDA

View Full Version : Team Aqua/Magma

Schwann
March 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Did anyone else get annoyed by them in RSE? I mean, I like smashing the crap out of them, but their plans were just...waaaay too far fetched. :( Why would you want a bunch of land mass? What good with that do to get rid of the sea and water supply? And why would you wanna get rid of the land? THEN YOU WOULD DROWN HOW WOULD YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU WANTED.

But yeah. That's the only thing that irked me. Otherwise I found them interesting. But...they rank the lowest as far as my favorite baddies go. What is your opinion of them?

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Team Magma are actually my all time favourite team :)

I find them to be quite amusing - sure their plot is a little ridiculous lol but I also loved having two teams in one game - and both had their place in my opinion :)

DoctorFred
March 5th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Both had dumb and unbelievable intentions... But at least they had intentions, unlike Team Rocket. Correct me if i'm wrong, but both teams did not want to completely envelop the earth with land/water, they just wanted more of it. Like when Team Magma/Aqua freaked out when it became a massive rain storm/drought.

U.Flame
March 5th, 2011, 1:20 PM
I liked the teams but agree that their ideals made NO sense. My hack takes place in the future with the teams completely remade. This time, their ideals DO make sense.

I just wish the official ones made sense.

jcsimpson
March 5th, 2011, 3:23 PM
While thier plans were far fetched they did pose the most actual "Danger" to the world which is why I liked them...they weren't some group of regular thugs who just tried to make money. That being said I'd like to add I've never liked any of the bad teams, I know Pokemon is a kids game but you think these evil organizations who everyone is terrified of would have weapons and be a little more ruthless and less stupid.

vaporeon7
March 5th, 2011, 4:32 PM
If you hate them Syd then you should join the Team Rocket Fan Club.

Yes their plans were http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/57/083MS.png but when you think about it so were Team Galactic's. They did not think through their plans and did not even consider the consequences. And then they act all shocked when there is lots of rain/sun.

bobandbill
March 5th, 2011, 9:42 PM
They were the team I liked the least out of them all thus far (discounting 5th gen, still waiting to play it in english) - their plans were certainly too hard for me to swallow. HAY GUYS MAKING THIS VOLCANO ERUPT WILL HELP EVERYONE! ^^ was a bit much, to say the least. :x

Lambda
March 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I have to say these were my least favorite team. Their plans were not even realistic ( Team Galactics plans were understood with some explaining). Also the two team was a great idea i think emereld made the best display of both teams.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak
March 6th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I dont remember much about Team Aqua/Magma since its been a few years but from what I remember they didnt seem any different to any other environmentally motivated extremist group I know of that exist in the real world. The only difference is while these people use explosives and weapons, Aqua/Magma use Pokemon.
I know people are going to disagree with me and I respect their opinions but if you think about it in a political sense, they are using violence to provoke fear so they can achieve their goal (no matter how outrageous it is).

That being said, they arent my favourite team and its not like I'm trying to start any fights, more just give my input taken from real life experience.

PlatinumDude
March 7th, 2011, 2:05 AM
I like Team Aqua better than Team Magma because of their outfits and the Pokemon they use. Their motives of expanding the sea and land respectively are just too insane.

Aquacorde
March 7th, 2011, 2:27 AM
I liked them both, their uniforms were nice and Archie is sexy- but I feel like they could have used more... development? Like, logical reasons why they are doing what they are doing, not just "We like land! I want more space for my house!" or "We like the sea! Fish FTW!"

King Gumball
March 7th, 2011, 2:35 AM
I loved Aqua. Shelly was so awesome as was Archie. And they had cool pokemon. Their uniforms were excellent, not silly or Lady Gaga like as Galactic was. I loved their emblem too. I didn't really care for their logic, I guess they just wanted to defeat Groudon and have Kyogre reign superior.

Zeffy
March 7th, 2011, 7:06 AM
They both have very uncreative ideas. I really don't like them. I don't get annoyed by them, but I've gotta give them credit for having an imagination THAT wild. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 7th, 2011, 7:18 AM
Archie and Shelly were boss but I thought both teams' ideas were a bit extreme... but somehow they pale in comparison to Team Plasma's plot now...

-Cygnus-
March 7th, 2011, 7:42 PM
Magma ftw... I agree that in R/S/E the plots were a little much, but I liked it because they had a specific goal, unlike Team Rocket (who seemed too have a bit of A.D.D. in G/S/C amirite?)

And they're outfits were cooler... Logo was cooler... The volcano scene made more sense... And I was playing Ruby version on a red GPASP :P

Soviet Russia
March 8th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Magma's the best, I personally dislike aqua simply because of Archie. He angers me >.>

solarowl
March 11th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I like Team Aqua more than Magma, because of their designs. But their motives were stupid. How are you going to survive with no land, you'll down? And how are you going to survive without water? Oh yeah, people in anime don't drink water.

DavidBarnes
March 12th, 2011, 9:23 AM
I like Team Magma, because I find their cause much more...realistic, I suppose.

Elise
March 13th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Of course their ideas were completely ridiculous.. I mean, when has a team in any of the generations really had a genuinely good idea? But I think that is one reason why we can still find them lovable, there is a bit of unbelievability so that we're not completely turned off to their team.

I've always preferred Team Aqua, probably just because I abso-positivo-lutely love water pokies! I also liked all the rain after Archie messes stuff up... Is pretty. :3

Kendosis
March 14th, 2011, 1:42 AM
Team magma ftw, their outfits were uber smexy :)

aperso
March 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM
well aqua and magma were both stuiped but they were cleaver than galactic/rocket because a)the galactices like flowers
b)team galactic think there cleaver because they're in a group
C)team rocket like money more than pokemon
but as cleaver as they are no one's cleaver enough
a)they think the ledandry pokemon will obey them with 1 orb they should
of took them both
b)they way underestimate the amount of weather
c)magma go under water to get groudon(in ruby)
and I end up thinking and I quote"why go under water to get a ground pokemon"
:cheeky::laugh:

BenjiTheKid
March 26th, 2011, 1:04 PM
I never understood their plans, either. They're laughable, to be perfectly frank. If you got rid of all the water, life as we know it would eventually be wiped out. If you got rid of all the land, all life other than sea life as we know it would eventually be wiped out. Both of the teams have ludicrous plans and the fact that they failed to see they did was humorous.

ETA: But I like Team Magmas outfits.

Dark Piplup
March 27th, 2011, 2:03 PM
That is a hard one. I'd rather have the world turned to land than water. But aqua's outfits are cooler. I guess I can't decide.

Perriechu
March 27th, 2011, 2:19 PM
I'd say I liked Aqua best, simply because my love for Water types are better, plus Archie is hotter than Maxie

I didn't like the "plans" they had :( They were to I don't know the word, I'll just use Sydian's; Far Fetched, one wanting to expand the land and dry up the sea whilst the other wanted to expand the sea and destroy the land.

There both utterly stupid, Team Rocket or Team Plasma had a better goal, to an extent Galactic had a better goal.

Misheard Whisper
March 29th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Team Aqua and Magma are amazing simply by virtue of their battle music - some of the best ever, I think. Also, Archie and Maxie's was even better. I still have it on my iPod how many years later.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
The only thing that annoyed me about them was the fact that there Pokemon were too weak and didn't give out that much experience points. But when it came to their plans, it didn't bother me as much. I also love team Magma's outfits but didn't like team aqua's outfits (that annoyed me a little too)

:t354:TG

Ivlis
April 2nd, 2011, 5:16 PM
Team Magma and Aqua were certainly... interesting. I'm going to have to agree that their plans are just bloody weird. Seriously, flooding/droughting the world? Have all of you been smoking Slowpoke tail or something?

At least they didn't have those dreadful bowl cuts that Galactic had, though.

Yagerbomb
April 2nd, 2011, 5:25 PM
Team Magma and Aqua were certainly... interesting. I'm going to have to agree that their plans are just bloody weird. Seriously, flooding/droughting the world? Have all of you been smoking Slowpoke tail or something?

At least they didn't have those dreadful bowl cuts that Galactic had, though.

I know where they got the Slowpoke tail. Team Rocket's Slowpoke tail black market. Magma/Aqua's plans were always weird but I liked the Aqua Leader.

PokeMasterLM
April 4th, 2011, 5:51 PM
Team magma is the best because they wanted to put more land which is good.
Earth has too may water in it

LaureTheLoner
April 5th, 2011, 2:00 PM
Same thing Sydian said. The whole time I played the game and would have to fight them i'd be like 'Okay time to gain some experience points by fighting a punch of Poocheyna's, Caravhanas and the other stuff they keep spamming' I didn't take them seriously. Sure Team Rocket may have spammed the same stuff over and over again but they were evil enough that they were up to other things than just making a lot of land mass or a lot of water.

I do have to say I liked them a lot better than Team Plasma. I hated the story in 4th gen and they were the biggest reason. Cyrus seemed very '1st Pokemon movie' to me.

Blue
April 5th, 2011, 2:08 PM
My favourite group are Team Aqua, I do like Magma too but Aqua are the best :]

The only down side to them was constant Poochyenas & Carvanahs (occasinally Zubats) it's okay now and then but to have what seemed like every Grunt having them is waaaay too repetitive IMO like the Rattatas & Zubats for TR, they need to fix this.

HoodieDoodie
April 20th, 2011, 5:14 AM
Ugh its a ridiculous plot beetween the two, the admin minions have their chests on show (eugh digital abs), and why do all the teams cause problems?

ManuMaster654
April 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Well, the teams Aqua/Magma are better that the old Rocket Team XD

I like the Team Aqua, but I can't understand why both teams used Zubat and Poochyena (and its evolutions), and only sometimes used Numel, or Sharpedo, etc..
It was some strange to me. (at latest was because I recently play it at first time)

Uh-Oh, Ho-Oh!
April 24th, 2011, 6:43 PM
I found them simply boring and uninteresting. They're my least favorite of the villain teams.

I like their outfits, though.

tshah21
April 25th, 2011, 2:48 PM
They made me laugh, therefore they're pretty cool.

Oharo
May 6th, 2011, 4:10 AM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/290/3/0/pokeplans_by_in_the_machine-d30zn3i.png

Summarized reaction all the teams, and I agree.