PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Newcomer

TemplarWarden
March 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hey, new here.
I was attracted by the pretty shinny rom hacks but what do you know I unearth a whole community. Its kinda cool. I'm only just getting into pokemon again, I liked then about 6 years ago and played the games now and then in the years between but just to fill time.
Recently however I've been involved with a pokemon roleplay which set me off again. So like the odd person I am I went out and downloaded the whole of season one and I'm watching them even though I think they suck. I find myself rather odd sometimes.
This is just my opinion, if you think season one is the best form of entertainment ever, I'm sorry. This is a welcome thread after all, and don't you want to know who you're welcoming?

I'm particularly interested in working on hacks, although I have hardly any programming experience. I'm guessing that no one is interested in kinda mentoring me since there are already a bunch of tutorials... ;).

Axeliira
March 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hello there! Welcome to PokeCommunity! The best Pokemon forum on the net! PC has an extensive ROM hacking forum, so you should really check it out. You can find things like tools you need, and tutorials to make your ROM hacking experience a breeze! There are also recently-published hacks where you can play a hack made by a fellow PC member! Pretty cool huh. Don't worry about your lack of experience, though. You can ask a hacker on how to get started. :)

Also, you can join in on Rolplaying as PC has a board dedicated to that as well. There are some that are starting, or you can read one. :)

Anyways, make sure you read the rules and the FAQ! They are pretty important for you to know. And most importantly, have fun! See ya around!