PDA

View Full Version : The 9 Starting Pokemon

Dragon Man
November 23rd, 2003, 08:58 AM
So if you were playing a made up game where you could choose one of the 9 starters (Charamander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Treecko or Mudkip)
Lets just say that the 1st gym leader was rock/ground, the 2nd grass/poison, the 3rd bug, the 4th fire, the 5th psychic, the 6th steel, the 7th dark and the 8th dragon.
The Elite Four would be: The 1st person dark, the 2nd water/ice, the 3rd fighting, the 4th ghost and the champion: 1 flying, 1 fire, 1 grass/poison, 1 water/ice, 1 steel/rock and 1 dragon
What would you choose?

jazzerb25
November 23rd, 2003, 09:09 AM
I will always pick Charmander, he is my fav pokemon :)

Igglybuddy
November 23rd, 2003, 09:46 AM
I'd pick Torchic. Its (eventual) Fire/Fighting combo would be effective against the majority of the gyms and some of the elite. :)

Timbjerr
November 23rd, 2003, 11:05 AM
I'd choose Treecko cuz it passes the old standard of being good against the first gym leader...and it's whole evolution line's high speed and dragonic abilities could really help out later in the game...

Rift
November 25th, 2003, 07:07 PM
For me its a toss up between Treecko and Charmander! i love both of them...i cant decide!!! AAAAHHHH!!! *goes insane*

Porygon
November 26th, 2003, 09:46 AM
For me its a toss up between Treecko and Charmander! i love both of them...i cant decide!!! AAAAHHHH!!! *goes insane*I'm already insane. *twitches*

Anyway I'd pick Charmander. Regardless of the initial type disadvantage, I'd almost certianly be able to find somehting with an advantage. Also, its speed is an excellent advantage.

jynx
November 26th, 2003, 10:39 AM
I picked Cyndaquil in crystal.
Then I borrowed blue from some1 and picked Squirtle.

shep
November 27th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Hard to pick between the three waters...but I dont really like mudkips evolved forms very much....so it would either be Squirtle or Totodile, prolly totodile...

Iveechan
November 27th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Definately Torchic, because I love fighting types, and Blaziken is so cute!

.quiksilver
November 28th, 2003, 11:19 AM
I picked bulbasaur. He would have an advantage in the first couple of gyms. Then once I got to fire I would prolly have some other pokemon to use insted.

Glalie
November 30th, 2003, 11:50 AM
I would definately choose Treecko.
Reasons:
1. Whole evo line has high speed.
2. Good against the 1st gym.
3. Learns good moves.

Geometric-sama
November 30th, 2003, 02:32 PM
I would have to say... Bulbasaur or Chikorita. Although grass types aren't my favourite, I have a tendency to pick them for starters as they are strong and easy to train. I also like both of these Pokmon. Maybe Chikorita, as its evolutions are cuter XD.

Frostweaver
December 1st, 2003, 01:31 AM
Personally, I believe that all of the starter's potential are the same (if we exclude the super nerf for the grass types in terms of elemental advantages...), so I'll pick on appearance then.

I'll pick Chikorita... Chikorita is such a cutie! ^_^;;

Torchic is really adorable too... but it's evolution line doesn't really impresses me that much in terms of appearance. So... Chikorita! ^_^

Celebi
December 1st, 2003, 01:57 AM
I will pick Chikorita. She is so cute ^_^ Torchic is great too. Its my fav, fire pokemon. Awww...which I should pick *confused*

Vote for green leaf- Chiko!

shiny_jiggly
December 3rd, 2003, 02:20 AM
I will pick Chikorita. She is so cute ^_^ Torchic is great too. Its my fav, fire pokemon. Awww...which I should pick *confused*

Vote for green leaf- Chiko!
Same case for me. Chikorita looks cuter. I pick her over Torchic from the looks of her evolutions.

mewthree w/armor
December 4th, 2003, 04:15 PM
I'd go with Squirtle, the first ever Pokemon I chose as a starter.

ChaoX
December 5th, 2003, 08:50 AM
it would be either Charmander or Torchic. I never really liked my Treecko that much, but hey i havnt played with him that much

Arore
December 22nd, 2003, 07:08 AM
Mudkip, I suppose. I have grown very fond of Swampert and its excellent advantages against Electricity.

latios tamer
December 24th, 2003, 02:17 PM
torchic all the way man cause he evolves into blazikenofcoars he's also a cuteypie. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sapphire Titan
December 24th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Squirtle. I chose it even before reading the leaders because I love water types.

ocean
December 28th, 2003, 04:36 PM
torchic 100% its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!! *hugs torchic computer background* LOL

Charmander2003
December 28th, 2003, 06:09 PM
try to guess...... I bet no one will guess right........

IceKitten
December 29th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Torchic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd find a Water Pokemon somehow:D

Kairyu
January 10th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Of course my choice was charmander as my starter Pokemon. Its the only starter pokemon that does come fairly close to the dragon type, well at least appearance-wise he does:P.

Pokemaster10000
January 23rd, 2004, 03:07 PM
I'd pick Mudkip because of it's third form Swampert. Swampert is good because electric attacks aren't effective and if a grass pokemon comes to play I'll just use ice beam!

Yamichu
January 23rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Charmander! I love Charmander! It ends up evolving into Charizard which can learn Dragon moves! I love Dragons! :)

~HORN!

Vai Fox
January 24th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Torchic all the way,baby! :laugh: -madtwitch.-
Not 'cause it's cute,but...well..can't you read my signature and other things to help ya out? -gigglefit.- -runs away- I love Blazikens.
Anyways..maybe they're not the best to start out with because in complete truth,Torchic IS NOT strong..but feh..cuteness might get you far.Maybe..if I couldn't get a Torchic I'd probably get a Mudkip. They're nice too.That water/ground combo when they evolve is nice,followed by an Ice Beam to get rid of grass...muahahaha..

silverfrost
January 24th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I would choose Charmander because he's my favorite. And no matter what type the gym leaders/elite 4 used, you could always get through it with a good strategy. ^_^

Frostweaver
January 24th, 2004, 03:24 PM

*knows that as long as it's ingame there's no need for strategy and you can still win*
*has tried an unevolved Chikorita sweeping the entire elite 4 in GSC... even if Lance used gameshark*
*thinks that the ingame AI sucks real bad*
*hugs Chikorita and Mudkip ^_^*