PDA

View Full Version : Huckleberry Finn being revised - More Robot Friendly

Shanghai Alice
March 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
No, I'm serious. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dianidevine/replacing-the-n-word-with-robot-in-huck-finn)

In light of the brilliant attempts to butcher the historical context of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by replacing the "N-word", which apparently causes earthquakes and dead babies at each utterance, a group has decided that it's time to take revisionist history one step further.

Rather than merely erasing all mentioning of anything unpleasant to racial minorities, they've decided to spruce up the book by including robots. Because, frankly, robots are awesome, and everyone loves robots. And, as they said, "robots are 'in'."

So, yes. Discuss.

Meduza
March 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think robots even existed back in the book's timeline...

Couldn't they just replace the N-Word with Jim's actual name or something?

ShinyMeowth
March 12th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I found that amusing, but what I found more amusing is how 1108 people raised a total of 30030 dollars for that. 11 of them even donated 200+ dollars. Wow.

Cassino
March 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Looks like a piss-take about the N-word thing. To prove a point in ironic fashion... I don't expect it works most times.

QuilavaKing
March 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I found that amusing, but what I found more amusing is how 1108 people raised a total of 30030 dollars for that. 11 of them even donated 200+ dollars. Wow.
Could someone please steal this money and give it to an actual charity, instead of people trying to ruin historic books.

Shanghai Alice
March 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I don't think a lot of you realized it's a joke.

If people can spend millions of dollars on the Super Bowl, I don't see what's wrong with spending $30K on poking a little fun at revisionist history.

jcsimpson
March 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Oh lordy this should make a fun book, right robot Jim?

G-Virus
March 22nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Great, so now Jim can fly in and stop Pap from kidnapping Huck by laser beaming his face off. This should be fun xD.