• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☯ The Dragon Ball Fan Club ☯

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years

dragonball_.jpg

Kamehameha !
☯ The Dragon Ball Fan Club ☯

Love the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, or Dragon Ball GT series? In this club, you can feel free to discuss any of them! Whether you've just decided to watch/read the series, or if you have been a fan for years, this is the place to come for all DB discussion!

So what are you waiting for, come on in and join!

Fan Club Rules !
Gotta follow 'em.

1.) Please, do not show disrespect to other members of the Fan Club. This club is for friendly discussion.
2.) You should keep in mind that all forum-wide rules still apply here, as well as Other Clubs rules.
3.) When you join the club, please post the phrase 'Jackie Chun says 'Peace!''. If I see this phrase, then I will know that you have read and promised to adhere to all club rules; therefore, I will permit you entry into the club.
4.) Try to be active and have some fun in this club. :P

Members !
The real fanatics.

InfernoRogue
Murasaki_Paz28
angel
~Ryukaa
Kenshin5
I like Pokemon (...)
Zameric

Topic of the Week !
Speak out.

Who is your favorite character and why?
Favorite story arc?
Best villain?
(these are just suggested topics; you can talk about anything Dragon Ball!)

Last edited:

Murasaki_Paz28

Ninjaa ♥
Years
Join !! :D

I wanna join plz :)
I love all dragon ball seriez,, theyre awsome !!
Jackie Chun sayz "PEACE!!" and so do I :P

My favorite character iz... Goten,, cuz hez jus the best all around !! Hez soo sweet and kind hearted... therez no one better :)

Enigma

Years
Awesome. Welcome you guys! :DDDD

Currently, I'd have to say that my favorite character is Goku. I'm now watching the entire DB series from Dragon Ball to DBGT, and even though I'm only on episode 31 of DB (lol) little Goku is just awesome. From his never-ending hunger to his powerful moves, Goku rocks.
and I can't wait until I get to hear...it's over 9000!

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm joining! Jackie Chun says 'Peace! xD;
I grew up on Dragon Ball, and still love it. All three series are great, but I consider the original to be the best, with GT following behind.

My favourite character is Goku. I mean, he's the perfect main character! He's Funny, Cheerful, has a strong sense of Justice, etc.
That last episode of GT made me like him even more. And that GT special!
Don't like Goku JR. that much, though. xD;

Enigma

Years
I miss growing up and seeing DBZ on Toonami. ;_; I'm sure most of us do.

Enigma

Years
omg I know. D: Toonami was the last good thing CN had going for them at the time near it's ending. (Excuse me for becoming a bit off-topic, but anything around 04-05~ish Cartoon Network was amazing. The commercial bumps, the shows, etc. As a kid growing up during that era, it made me have my best summer ever.)

It's kind of sad that there's no anime channel or anything they could have stuff like DB on. (I think they have a Funimation channel somewhere, but IDK what it has)
Speaking of which, how many of you are watching/rewatching DB currently? :D

angel

Kairi's Nobody
Years
Yeah. CN really doesnt have anymore good shows. The shows they have on our stange, expecially the cartoons..

Yeah, that's true. I think its in the UK or something and I think DB is on it.
No, but I want to start rewatching it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Jackie Chun says 'Peace!'

Kakarot/Goku - Not only is he the main character/protagonist character, but I loved his carefree attitude in DB and his determination to become better, and strive through main challenges in battle even if the opponent initially appears stronger. Vegeta and Master Roshi come in second I love Vegeta arrogant attitude and pure intensity, if anyone has a passion and fights with passion it is definitely Vegeta. Master Roshi I loved him in Dragon Ball and his preverted comic relief, and then when he went incognito as Jackie Chun to gauge the potential of his students.

As for CN I agree Toonami and CN were great back then, now the only time I care to watch is the Bleach, Kekkaishi, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Adult, Big O Swim line up.

I don't think there is Funimation Channel where I live(US) although I wish there was.

As for what I have watched recently I started my Season 4 of the Remaster Z. I ran through Garlic Jr. Saga and now the Trunks/Android Saga is what I watched today where Trunks manhandled Frieza & King Cold then informed Goku of the Androids and his impending disease.

Enigma

Years
Yeah, all I watch on CN now is Adult Swim.
IDK if Funimation is even available in America, at least North America.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
Years
Welcome Kenshin5. ^^ Master Roshi may be perverted but he's an excellent teacher.

I don't really watch Adult Swim. Usually only for Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach and Kekkashi(sp?).

I thought I heard somewhere that its in the Uk, but I'm not sure if that's right....

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Seemed kind of lazy when it came to teaching Goku and Krillin though. He took the approach of having real world experiences teach them life lessons and have the two learn from that. Heck they had to through several task just to receive training in the first place.

Enigma

Years
I thought it was in Canada or something...or maybe that was Jetix? Although Jetix was here too...IDK. xD

Another thing, guys. Have you ever noticed the extreme similarities between Naruto (if you have seen it) and Dragon Ball? I know that Kishimoto was inspired by Toriyama, but jeez. Look at these:
Rock Lee's Drunken Fist = Jackie Chun's Drunken Fist
Master Roshi can be seen as a parallel to Jiraiya
Naruto transforms into Nine-Tailed Fox, Goku transforms into Ape, etc.

So, have any of you noticed these similarities, or any others that I haven't mentioned?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I really wouldn't attribute all those parallels directly from DBZ. Dragon Ball Z also draws from other things. Jackie Chun is a parallel to Jackie Chan only the u and a are different. Jackie Chan stared in the movie Drunken Master, which also featured drunken boxxing. Yeah Master Roshi parallels Jiraiya, they are both mentor figures, this is common place in many stories for thousands of years where the protagonist is supported by a mentor.

Jetix is now Disney XD, which shows Kai.

Enigma

Years
I really wouldn't attribute all those parallels directly from DBZ. Dragon Ball Z also draws from other things. Jackie Chun is a parallel to Jackie Chan only the u and a are different. Jackie Chan stared in the movie Drunken Master, which also featured drunken boxxing. Yeah Master Roshi parallels Jiraiya, they are both mentor figures, this is common place in many stories for thousands of years where the protagonist is supported by a mentor.

Jetix is now Disney XD, which shows Kai.
Didn't know that. :D

Hmm? Here, Nicktoons Network shows DBZ Kai.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Eh maybe it is Nicktoons I know it is on multiple networks like CW or KWB whatever the heck they call that channel. I never really pay much attention to Kai though.

Enigma

Years
I was considering watching Kai after I'm done with the whole series, but IDK. It might be kind of redundant.

Back