PDA

View Full Version : Limited Deluxe Edition!

Noah Ridgewood
March 25th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Just a quick question I was wondering while browsing iTunes.

When do you take the step to buy (or illegally download!) a deluxe version album, compared to the basic one? Is it because of a bonus track you really like that isn't available on the basic one? Is it because you want to support the artist the most you can?

moments.
March 25th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Generally I will only go for the deluxe editions if it is not too much more expensive, and weighing up what is actually in it.
Anything other than bonus songs, and I won't buy it. I buy CDs for the music, not really the packaging and everything.

Mr Cat Dog
March 25th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I only buy about 4-5 albums per year, so it's normally quite an event anyway. If the option to buy a LIMITED DELUXE EDITION (ZOMG!) is available, so long as it's not prohibitively expensive and comes with at least something good - like a decent track or maybe some song lyrics in a PDF file - I'll probably get it. If I bought more music than I do, though, I imagine I'd end up hesitating somewhat before each purchase.

Stormbringer
March 28th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I usually buy the deluxe edition simply for the extra goodies therein, usually extra tracks, b-sides, etc. But it depends on the band, there are some I love to support, like Rise Against, because I identify with what they stand for.

Eliminator Jr.
March 31st, 2011, 04:43 PM
I'll usually download the bonus tracks, simply because it's another song by the band that I can listen to. Most bands in my music library don't release albums with bonus tracks, but the ones that do I always download. In some cases the bonus song is the best track on the album. I didn't really enjoy Dr. Dog's album We All Belong, but the bonus track (which was a cover) was really great.

itsangelduh
April 2nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
I like to buy deluxe editions because sometimes the album art is different, packaging is better, the bonus songs are amazing!

Asa
April 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
I generally download deluxe editions when available, even though some tracks aren't really worth the buy at times. But yes, it's usually to support the artist. However, I don't necessarily obtain all my music legally. :x