PDA

View Full Version : TV or Internet?

WriteThemWrong
March 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Which do you use more?

http://www.lolcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/epic-fail-name-caption-fail-420x315.jpg or http://www.geekologie.com/2009/05/08/broken%20computer.jpg

i don't have a television and even if i did i would have trouble affording cable. but i have a computer and internet, obviously, and i'm on it just about 24/7. so internet for me

Jayster23
March 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hmmm... I rarely go on the internet on a computer but i'm on facebook on my ipod almost all the time.

But i watch the TV rarely as well. I guess i could say internet. But equally would be more suitable because i rarely use both anymore i prefer to play sports and read a book now.

Olly
March 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Probably both for around the same amount. I'm on the internet a lot, but then I also have the TV on while I'm using the internet too. It probably varies each day though.

Alice
March 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I don't even watch TV anymore. There's no need, if you've got the internet.

aruchan
March 26th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Internet, hands down. No contest.

zappyspiker
March 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM
My internet IS my TV. Cause I swear TV sucks these days so I can choose whatever I watch online :d

Weeaboo Name
March 26th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Same as you guys, internet for me.

Tbh 95% of the tv shows i watch don't even air in this country, the others are released in America ages before here (Dexter, House, Bones, Lie To Me) so Torrents for teh wins.

jigglyppuff8
March 26th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Asking the Internet whether or not they'd use something over the Internet. Hm... I'm going to really think hard about this... I'll go with the latter.

Enigma
March 26th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Nowadays, internet. There's never anything good on TV, except when I go to watch Basketball. But that's like the only exception.

Sterling
March 26th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I rarely watch TV these days. So my computer acts like a TV more since I have Netflix. The service is amazingggg.

PlatinumDude
March 27th, 2011, 02:08 AM
I spend more of my time on the Internet than I do on TV nowadays.

Mr Cat Dog
March 27th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Nowadays the internet takes this in a complete landslide. I spend so much time on it procrastinating, doing work, checking/sending e-mails, Facebook, and now PC. And, much like -Lapras- above, I also use it to watch most of my television and get most of my news information.

There was a time when the television had control of my life, but although it was probably a short while ago, it feels like an age!

Captain Fabio
March 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Although it is nice to watch the TV every now and then, it is a lot more convenient to watch your programs on the Internet. It is also cheaper, as you need a TV license to have a TV plugged into the Digibox or whatever you have.
With the computer, you don't need one, as long as you aren't watching LIVE TV. Even if you are, it is harder for them to check if you are or not, due to a computer holding more uses than a TV, which has a limited amount.

Saying that, I do watch football matches, Rugby and such on the TV, because it is much better, IMO.
But the Internet has to win it for me.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 27th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Except for the programmes I'd watch on a weekly basis, I tend not to watch TV as much as I used to. If I was bored and I was thinking "Will I watch TV or surf the Net?" I'll start up the computer about 85-90% (probably even higher actually lol) of the time.

Cherrim
March 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Internet, for sure. Lately it's been the opposite, since I'm doing absolutely nothing of value right now during my term off so I've taken to watching TV shows I've ignored all these years, but in the long haul, I definitely spend more time online.

When I'm away at school I don't even have tv. :s

Shining Raichu
March 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I use both equally.

I really really cannot stand using the internet to watch TV. It bugs me, people are always downloading everything and watching it months in advance. I'd rather just wait and watch it when it gets here. The TV experience is so much more rewarding. I find watching TV online is just cold and sterile... like having an engagement party in a hospital's operating room.

Aquacorde
March 27th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Internet, of course. Nothing on TV really interests me anymore, and what I do watch (Pokemon) I can't get on my TV anyway.

Blue
March 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Wow.. I'm the only one who voted TV, that surprised me

but yeah although I use the Internet alot, watching shows on TV intrests me more and entertains me more.

donavannj
March 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I voted internet because it has so much more utility and gives access to a wider breadth of entertainment than a TV does.

dkmec20
March 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I prefer internet over TV because on the internet I can get on websites like this one and I can watch things on Youtube that I can't watch on the TV.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 31st, 2011, 03:17 AM
Internet is better than TV imo. Because you can watch TV on the internet. :3

Yurusumaji
March 31st, 2011, 03:38 AM
Overall, internet. Even moreso now that I am playing Rift.

I do always have my TV on in the background. My hubbs and I share a desktop for gaming, so when he's home you can usually find me in the recliner watching television, Netflix or streaming anime from my computer through TVersity.

I don't watch video on my computer, so I still get pretty good use out of my TV.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 31st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Internet. Less so now because I have limited access but there's still only a select few shows I actually watch on TV (America's Most Wanted, Forensic Files, and Body of Evidence among them).

Most of the anime I watch is on the internet because much of the anime that airs on TV is bottom-of-the-barrel.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 31st, 2011, 06:15 AM
I don't even watch TV anymore. There's no need, if you've got the internet.

I agree with this because ever since I've been going away to college, I didn't really need my television as much as I needed to, I would watch my shows online. The only time I would watch television really is on Saturday Mornings at 9:00 to watch Pokemon Black and White

:t354:TG

PkMnTrainer Yellow
March 31st, 2011, 07:29 AM
I use the internet all the time. It's rare I'm not using it in some way. TV on the other hand... don't watch it. Nu-uh. I need at least some sort of interaction to be entertained.

Hiche..
March 31st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Both. My Internet is always on so is my TV.

Owl
April 2nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Internet, I usually watch TV shows I miss on here :o And its more useful :D

mondays suck
April 2nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Always when I randomly switch the TV on, unless it's the news, there's always only garbage on. In fact, the rough translation of two common sayings concerning TV's nowadays quality are "from antisocials for antisocials" or "antisocials playing antisocials for antisocials"
On the internet there's more of a choice, thus I prefer it.

Caelus
April 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Definitely the internet. I watch TV every now and then, but I'm always on the computer doing something.

Queen of Darkness
April 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
I enjoy going on the internet and watching tv equally.

flight
April 2nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
Sort of both, but I prefer my internet. :D;

...I'm really not sure what that says about me. :(

Azure Revolver
April 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Interwebz. I spend way too much time on it. I have 6,000 posts on another site over a year and a half.

Sammi
April 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Internet. I don't even have cable TV. I think it'd be a waste of money, because I don't usually watch TV in the first place. The few times I would still wouldn't be worth the cost, I think. Besides, there's plenty of legal ways to watch the most popular shows, anyway. :p

Granted, there are a few rare times where I wish I could just chill in my living room and channel surf, and it's then I go "man I wish we had cable." And then the next day I forget about it!

>Feelings<
April 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
I have two TVs in my house perfectly sitting there on their own, but I never watch them. Once in a blue moon though, I'll just take a look at it, but that's it.
My habits have switched from an early age. I used to be hooked to the TV when I was a kid. Now, you'll have to pay me to make me watch, and there's nothing good on it most of the times.

Sora
April 3rd, 2011, 07:51 AM
The Internet. While I'm on the internet pretty much everyday, the TV usually isn't on unless someone is playing a Video Game or someone is watching something on Netflix. I don't remember the last time I watched something that was on TV.

EmeraldSerenade
April 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Internet. I hardly watch tv nowadays.

Saltare.
April 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Internet...the internet doesn't have stupid commericals.

Unless you go on Youtube. Then there's stupid commercials.

King Goodra
April 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Now that I have Netflix, internet all the way!

I watch about four or five shows throughout the week on TV, though.

ShinyMeowth
April 4th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I almost never watch TV. However, I am on the internet over 8 hours every day.

Also,
Unless you go on Youtube. Then there's stupid commercials.
That can be fixed very quickly by installing adblock plus.

Lie Ren
April 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Internet. The only time I really have to watch TV is before work, or after work, and usually during those times I choose to do other things. TV falls low on the list of things to do. I watch it a couple of times a week, to catch shows that I record, but that's about it.

It's certainly not helping motivation that my TV in my room is broken, and I can find everything I watch online if I really cared enough. 8D;

King Gumball
April 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I use both equally tbh. I watch HEAPS of shows and catch up on ones over the internet. I also use my laptop while watching TV which is why I am blind.

Binary
April 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I definitely spend more time on the internet. But I do watch a few shows throughout the week, and I need my video games, so yeah. :D;
The amount of time I spend on the internet is going pretty downhill though. ;;

Chiar
April 6th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Well, I almost don't watch TV. The polish TV is a bunch of junk. I only watch the news and documental facts.
In contrast, I use internet really a lot, everyday.

Pyrax
April 6th, 2011, 08:47 AM
The internet.
In fact, I only watch My name is Earl as well as several documentaries >>
Plus, the only anime in the UK are aimed towards younger kids.

marz
April 6th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Definitely the Internet. I use it so much more than I watch TV. But lately I've been starting to watch TV a bit more. I used to watch it religiously as a child, but the computer ended up winning as I grew up hahaha.