PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Normal/Flying Family Availible At Start?

csa99
March 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM
What is your favourite family of the birds availible at start of each game:
Generation 1 - Pidgey, Pidgeot, Pidgeotto
Generation 2 - Hoothoot, Noctowl
Generation 3 - Taillow, Swellow
Generation 4 - Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
Generation 5 - Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant

Volcom22
March 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I'm personally a Tailow/Swellow fan, Every R/S/E game I made there was one on my team. I think I just like the way they look. Gen 4/5 birds are too much a like I find.. & Hoothoot/Noctowl just didn't seem as Epic as the 1st & 3rd Generation of Birds.

PKMN trainer Sean
March 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I like Noctowl and am willing to wait for hoothoot to evolve to get one and I like the pidgey family too

Hoenn
March 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Definately Taillow/Swellow, they've been my two favourite Pokémon since I first saw them and I always used them on my team in R/S/E, I love their design and are probally still my favourite Pokémon :).

Hikamaru
March 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Pidove's family looks nice I'm going to get one in Black.

But my favourite early region bird is the Starly family 'cos I've got a Staraptor in all my Gen IV teams.

Livy
March 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I've always had love for the Pidgey family.

Timbjerr
March 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fa/164Noctowl.png
Noctowl's about to go straight up gangsta' on anyone that doesn't vote for him. XD

Zeffy
March 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Swellow and Noctowl are my favorite birds. Pidgeot would be at a close second, though.

Bravoious
March 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Tailow/Swellow

Hoenn wins forever

PlatinumDude
March 29th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Starly/Staravia/Staraptor easily win for me because Staraptor gets Close Combat.

Giraffe
March 29th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Taillow / Swellow, definitely. I've always used a Swellow in my game.

mondays suck
March 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Clearly Spearow for me. Why would you name so many and leave the best one out?
I'd take a Spearow over maybe 95% of all other Pokemon any day.

Saryka
March 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
The Pidgey family are my absolute favourite, but the Taillow family comes in a very close second. I like the Pidgey family for nostalgic purposes (Pidgeotto's one of my favourite Pokémon for some reason haha), and I've found Swellow so useful in my Gen III teams.

I think you're missing Spearow/Fearow from the polls, though, they're decent birds as well. :x

syotipoke
March 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Pidgey and evolutions. I've used Tailow before, but Pidgeot looks especially cool.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 30th, 2011, 12:40 AM
The Pidove, Tranquill and Unfezant family ftw!! XD
Wait... no one else voted for them? D:

DustyFray
March 30th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Im a big fan of the flying family's so much.

Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot - Classic's. They've been in our hearts right next to the first starters. When you first run into Route 1, and run into a Pidgey. I get the feeling of excitement, and run from the battle, to not hurt the pokemon.

Hoothoot, Noctowl - Owls = win... I always think they should Dark/Flying pokemon, because I always use Noctowl for my teams in 2nd generation.

Tailow/Swellow - I think they just redid Spearow, and gave him a diffrent evolution. There my least-favorite two bird pokemon for the generation.

Starly/Staravia/Staraptor - I love these ones alot, but there not my favorite. The fourth generation showed us the beginning of amazing bird moves, which I was like " HECK YEAH!! "

Pidove/Tranquill/[whatever the third one is] - I like these untill it gets to the final evolution. I hate that pink thing on the males face. It makes me want to just look around for the female just so I can get a non-pinkfaced one. I still like them.

If they have Washibon-Rufflet/Wargle-Braviary, I would vote for it in a heartbeat, but I went with Noctowl. Staraptor was close tho

RYOUKI
March 31st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Pidgey family line. I love it when you evolved your Pidgeotto to have a massive rainbow coloured hair bird Pokemon.

Sammi
March 31st, 2011, 09:14 PM
I'll always have a fondness for the Pidgey line. I think they look the coolest myself. Although Emobird Staraptor comes in close second. I'll always find it interesting that it learns Close Combat, too. And seriously, they have a red-colored bang over their eyes, how is that not cool?

Kokuo
April 1st, 2011, 06:24 AM
Staraptor for me. it's probably the bird pokemon I use the most.

Zorua
April 1st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Hi, Staraptor fan here. :D; Ever since recognizing how much damage that thing could do, I could really safely say that it's the most versatile and strongest normal/flying bird there is.

King Gumball
April 1st, 2011, 11:36 PM
I have had some really good memories battling with my Staraptor in Diamond and Platinum <3 So the Starly line for me. And they actually make Staravia look good in the Amine.

aperso
April 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM
ERM IT WORLD HAVE TO BE STARRAPTOR

isn't spearow and fearow 1st gen normal flying type :mew:

Bluerang1
April 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
Star family. I'm a Sinnoh head and I love Staraptor's predator look. It's awesome. It's always been on my Sinnoh teams.

Doppelgänger
April 2nd, 2011, 06:23 AM
Generation 1 and Generation 3 have my favorite birds. I favor the Pidgey line more, but I love both of them.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I officially love you for making this thread :D

Definitely Swellow for me - I love him with a passion that cannot be denied :cool:

Mr Cat Dog
April 3rd, 2011, 04:34 AM
My favourites are probably Spearow and Fearow, just for their designs mainly, especially Fearow's cormorant-styled physiology. However, from the list mentioned, it'd be a contest between the Hoothoot and Pidgey evolutionary lines. I assume this is for nostalgic reasons, as I don't think I really used them all that much in battling (apart from the occasional 'Fly' slave)!

ZetaLegacies
April 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Starly, Staravia, and Staraptor without a doubt.

Hoenn
April 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I really do like all of the Flying types, all of the Birds but I voted for Swellow because she's been my favourite consistantly throughout for 9 years now.

AusGut
April 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Even though the star family was the strongest with the best moves im going with the pidgy family as i am gen 1 and it was my choice for red, yellow and gold

fenyx4
April 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5e/398Staraptor.png

This was a bit hard, but I went with the Staraptor line. That fierce, predatory look coupled with a patch of red, complementary grayscale, and awesome design made this Pokemon one of my favorite Sinnoh inhabitants.

The Pidgeot, Noctowl, and Swellow lines are all tied for second. The Pidgeot line is just classic, with their majestic trailing feathers. I love how the Noctowl line is more of a nocturnal species, not to mention their Psychic-type capabilities. And then I began with Hoenn, where the swift-tailed Swellow made its debut, where I've come quite accustomed to it.

The Unfezant line isn't that bad, but they come in third place for me... I dislike the coloration of male Unfezant. The female Unfezant's coloration is a bit better, but not enough to redeem the entire line. Tranquill, while it has a nice name, looks a bit weird... And Pidove disappointed me in the anime, so they're not as great as before... >_>

danno 507
April 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM
My fave wud be the pidgy family, not THAT fond of pidgy but pidgeoto and pidgeot are awesome as hell! :D

Arma
April 7th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I voted Starly, but I would have voted Spearow if he was available.

R.K 9
April 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
taillow and swellow <3 generation 3 had brilliant pokemon overall and this family was good. they also look a lot different to the other normal/flying birds.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
April 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Taillow and Swellow for me.

Azure Rathalδs
April 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hoothoot/Noctowl family wins this jsut because they learn Psyshic moves and can be quite handy against ghost and fighting types. The other ones are useless.