PDA

View Full Version : Favourite based-on pokemon "groups"?

Miss Doronjo
March 28th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Bringing up an old pokemon favourite thread, well, in relation to the egg groups in pokemon, pokemon can be classed into a vareity to groups. I would class them as:

Animal pokemon are pokemon based on actual animals.

Plant Pokemon, of course are based on plants.

Mineral / Inorganic pokemon refer to pokemon that are not based on a living entity, things such as rocks, or other minerals, pokemon that artifically made, or technology.

Pokemon based on mythiology are pokemon that are based on mythical creatures, like dragons, fairies, and so on.

Other pokemon, well, its kind of tough listing all the groups of pokemon, but, the other pokemon not listed here.

What would you say is your favourite based-on pokemon "group"?

For instance, my favourite types of pokemon would be ones from mythiology, because they have a good tale behind them; like Dragonair, said to be "a guardian of the sea" or something of the sort, and pokemon like Jirachi, said to grant wishes for people.

Giraffe
March 28th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Hmm... Milotic springs to mind when I think of mythiology. I love myth-related things; such as dragons.
Though I also like Pokemon based off the Animal group - such as Sawsbuck, and cat Pokemon like Persian and Delcatty.

Argh, it's so hard to choose!

o3o
March 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM
My favourite group would have to be mythology or animals.

For some reason, I like to have Pokémon that resemble real-life animals (such as dogs, cats, etc.). I'm not sure why... Though I do like the odd dragon-like Pokémon here and there.

musesum626
April 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
I would say my favorite Pokemon are the ones based off of animals and other real living things. I've read those "On the Origin of Species" articles on Bulbapedia, and it's pretty interesting to see the kinds of animals, plants, fungi, etc that influence Pokemon. I'm surprised at how many similarities there are between the real things and the Pokemon they're based off of.

Zeffy
April 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Blimey, I don't think I have a favorite "group" of Pokemon. Perhaps those Pokemon based from deities and ghost-like entities. That means legendaries and ghost-types, so yeah. I'll go with that. xD

PlatinumDude
April 4th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I like Pokemo based on animals and myths. The inorganic ones are pretty interesting too.

Aura.Lucario
April 4th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Animal (especially fox pokemon) and Myth (mysterious) pokemon.

Oryx
April 4th, 2011, 05:09 AM
I really love every inorganic Pokemon.

It makes me think of the Pokemon professors treating research like we treat global warming research. Would new Pokemon have been created whether or not humans were there? Are the new Pokemon messing up the delicate ecosystem created by the previous Pokemon? Should they try to isolate the inorganic Pokemon, keep them from spreading, etc?

fenyx4
April 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Animals and mythological Pokemon are tied for me. I love the legends that several Pokemon are backed by, and many animalistic Pokemon designs are amazing. Minerals follow due to their quirkiness (primarily Steel-types), and plant-based Pokemon follow after that due to the variety of plants that plant Pokemon (typically Grass-types) manage to showcase. :)