PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer?

Miss Doronjo
March 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Soooo yeah, its been a while since this poll came up, but, what part of the pokemon franchise do you prefer?

The anime? The video games? The manga? The Trading Card game? Or other parts of the franchise?

For me, I personally prefer the game, because, well, its the most fun, for me. :3

Wasen
March 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
The games and the Special Manga ^^ The anime's okay but I wish they could make the story somewhat darker than it is.

Mr Cat Dog
March 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
My primary interaction with the Pokemon franchise has always been with the games. Apart from Gen IV, I've played at least one game from each generation and have always, for the most part, enjoyed playing them. I'm not a massive RPG fan, so there must be something about the nature of the games that keeps bringing me back for more. Haven't found it yet, tis all.

I remember watching the anime when it first aired on television, but I was about 10 years old at the time and only really watched it because of its connection to the video games and not as a show in its own right. Indeed, I was always disappointed when the anime went off-track of the games: especially in the nature of evolutions - I always wondered why Ash and Co. had such weak Pokemon despite going through so much together... I know the whole message of 'friendship' and 'fraternity' and all that (God, it sounds like the French national motto!) but it was this disconnect that led me astray.

The trading card game was a popular fad in my school for about two years, but I never cared about it that much, again because of the perceived disconnect between the TCG and the actual game. Of course, people in my school didn't feel that way, and the intense competition for cards (especially a shiny Charizard card for some reason) led to their being banned irrefutably!

So... yeah: the games for me!

Virgilia
March 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Gotta be the games. I don't really know how to put it... But it's like they're the big, main one out of the franchise: the successor of all it's fame. I did enjoy playing with the cards, too, but I prefer the games a lot more. You can get involved with them a lot more and really relate to them. Plus, they're a lot more fun. :3

Donimusic
March 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
the game.. but I only ever played the gameboy original. actually one of my ex gfs played alot of pokemon and it was fun to watch

CliveKoopa
March 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I prefer the anime. I find it more interesting than the games and have always been a big fan of the anime.

Livy
March 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I love the anime & games.

The anime is something that is a part of my childhood & till this day, a part of me. I've grown with the anime & all of it's characters as well<3

But of course, you gotta love the game. It gives you a chance to take part in your own fun Pokemon journey quest.

Giraffe
March 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
The anime, as you can see your favourite Pokemon in 'action'.
The games, obviously; fun, portable, & you 'own' your own Pokemon.
The TCG - I've collected it since I started liking Pokemon.

Aquacorde
March 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I started with the anime, and it's been my primary interest (besides the DP arcs. >_>) The manga is also quite amazing, as are the games, but it is the anime that I am hooked on. :3

Yurusumaji
March 28th, 2011, 02:26 PM
For me it's the merch, with the games in a very very close second.

Ice Car
March 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
The games are it. The "anime" has been degraded to a kiddy cartoon for me since season 2. I call it a cartoon now. Thanks 4kids.

Zeffy
March 28th, 2011, 07:09 PM
The games, and the anime. Since, the anime made me want to play the games and whenever I play the games, I would want to watch the anime. x3

PlatinumDude
March 29th, 2011, 01:49 AM
In this order, I am into the Pokemon video games, the anime, the manga and the TCG. The first time I got into Pokemon was through the anime and TCG, however.

ShinyMeowth
March 29th, 2011, 03:38 AM
After tough consideration, I will have to say the anime. Though the games come incredibly close. I am not involved with any other part of the franchise, however.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 29th, 2011, 04:06 AM
vvvvvv In this order. vvvvvv

1. The games.
2. Anime
3. Manga

vaporeon7
March 29th, 2011, 04:31 AM
The games are defiantly on the top. However I do enjoy the anime. I haven't really read any of the manga before.

Daikenki
March 29th, 2011, 04:57 AM
It's half and half for the anime and the games for me. The anime was what got me into playing the games. (Yellow was my first, and that game was basically the anime, but in game form whooot.) But the anime has been getting increasingly annoying and childish, and the gags are overrused, and I dont' care, but nothing can beat the Kanto arc for me. The games, however, have kept me addicted to the fandom.

So I think I may prefer the games a lot more.

Shetlandlover
March 29th, 2011, 06:34 AM
The games and the cards.:laugh:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 29th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Hunting for Blue/Leaf fan art online

Definitely the games. I soon got tired of the anime's annoying characters, and I never did get into the manga or the card game. However the main series games (and a few of the console spinoffs) have kept me happily entertained for over a decade.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Currently I would say the games, then just behind them I would say the anime (I was obsessed with it when I was younger but now I'm not as certain when it's on TV - I still catch it when I can though) and then the cards - I don't collect them anymore but I have a whole heap of them somewhere.

King Of The Blues
April 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
This is a tough one. It's either between the anime or the games.

Anime just edges it. I love the games though. A very close second.

mondays suck
April 2nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Easy question for me: The games. Pokemon has always been about the games for me. I didn't even really get into the Anime when I was 10, neither did I get into the Manga when I learned about it. And the TCG? Well, the only time I ever think about its existence is when this kind of thread comes up, so...

Mr Mime
April 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
The games are my favourite, but the anime is a very close second. Always look forward to Sundays when the new episodes are aired here!

Sterling
April 2nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
I love everything (and anything from the franchise, really). But the two things I prefer are the games and the Anime. Both of these are a great addition to the list of things to do when I'm bored. xD

Echidna
April 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
definately the game, i mean the anime and movies r still enjoyable (just a little bit), but the games are adventuous !!!

Atlas.
April 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
started with the trading cards and the anime and my life was made when I got the first game...Have been dedicated to the games ever since.

The_Noob
April 2nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Same deal as Atlas..

Noob out.

flight
April 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
The games. I gave up on the anime years ago, never really played the TCG anymore, and welll...yeah. The only thing Pokemon that's sticking with me is the games.

solarowl
April 2nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
The Game. XD
Definitely. I still watch the anime, but the game is more exciting to me. I also dabbled in playing TCG for a while, but I eventually lost interest since neither my brother nor sister wanted to play. XP

Saryka
April 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
I'm still very much into the games now. I mean, I've always liked the anime up until the end of the Johto story arc but I've always preferred the games. I've never actually played the TCG so that's not an option for me at all. :/

Sammi
April 2nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
I started with the games and have actually stuck with them ever since, so I pick them. I'm not as interested in them as I was when I started, but I doubt I'll drop the main series completely. (I don't touch spinoffs anymore.)

About the same time I got into the anime, but I dropped out partway through Hoenn. It just got too boring for me. :/ It's funny, because for the longest time, I was super obsessed with the anime, to the point that I looked forward to watching the same episode twice in one day!

Echidna
April 3rd, 2011, 02:49 AM
is it just me, or is everyone answering "games !" ?? apperently people get over the anime and tcg quickely, and the only interest remains the game.

Amuse
April 3rd, 2011, 03:03 AM
The games hands down. Even though Pokémon was the first anime I´ve ever seen, I sort of got tired of it. I never get tired of playing the games though.

Rionix
April 3rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
I prefer the games over the others but i like the anime and manga too.

shengar
April 3rd, 2011, 03:40 AM
The Manga for me, especially PokeSpe, and some potrayal of the character. The game is closely follow behind.

Nilz
April 4th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I actually got started by getting a pokemon handbook and also collected trading cards and watched the show (back when it was half decent) as a kid. Now that I can play the video games and I have to say they are probably my favorite part.

fenyx4
April 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Well, I grew up with the anime, and it was quite a while before I shifted in and out of my anti-Pokemon phase (caused by Digimon) and actually played Sapphire. From FireRed to Emerald, with Platinum, HeartGold, and Gray following in the near future, the games have become a mainstay. They allow the player to get more immersed into the world of Pokemon than the other forms of media, and their quality (tends to) be superb. The anime gets a bit childish at times, but Best Wishes is slowly but steadily rectifying that problem.

However, the original series anime will always be a memorable classic to me, since that was my first-ever gate into the world of Pokemon. Right now, I prefer the games, followed by the anime. As successful as the TCG is, it seems a bit...superfluous to me as I've never fully interacted with it at all other than commercials and stuff (played with a relative's Pokemon cards when I was quite young), but the artwork that stems from it can be nice. I hardly keep up with Pokemon Special, but portions of it seem interesting. If I read Pokemon manga, it's probably to get an extra dosage of what the anime provides - a window into another Trainer's Pokemon journey.

Xisis
April 4th, 2011, 07:24 PM
the games mostly blue and red because where would the card game anime and spin off series be without them where would he new games be to pokemon blue and red affected the videogame market in a big way which has affected th way RPGs are made. The card game has also affected the tcg market. Think of it this game is simple fun and addictive this game may have possibly spawned yu gi oh and many other card games too. Over all pokemon has affected the world in a huge way.