PDA

View Full Version : Spinarak/Ariados vs Durant

Zeffy
March 29th, 2011, 04:37 PM
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/167.gif / http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/168.gif vs http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/632.gif

Spinarak / Ariados vs Durant

These two species are both spider-like Pokemon. Who do you like more, Spinarak's family or Durant?

Similarities:

Both are bug-like Pokemon.
Both Pokemon are at least Bug-typed.
Spinarak and Durant both have six legs.
Others that I may have forgotten.

Differences:

Spinarak and Ariados are also Poison-types, and Durant is a Steel-type.
Spinarak can evolve, Durant cannot.
Others that I can't think of.

So, which Pokemon will you pick? Personally, I like Ariados. My vote goes to them, Spinarak and Ariados.

Timbjerr
March 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Durant always reminded me more of an ant...thus the name. XD

Either way, Ariados for sure. Access to grass, ghost, and psychic attacks make for a surprisingly diverse bug-type. :D

Miss Doronjo
March 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I think Durant's more of a ant-based pokemon. D;

But, I do prefer Ariados myself; lots of good moves avalible, and I feel you can do alot more stuff with him.

PlatinumDude
March 30th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Spinarak and Ariados are more comparable to Joltik and Galvantula than Durant (the Spinarak and Joltik lines are based on spiders while Durant is based on an ant).

Anyway, I like Durant better because it's strong and fast. Its Special stats let it down, though.

Hoenn
March 30th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Well, I do like Durant but Spiniarak/Ariados has always been my near to favourite Pokémon so Ariados :)
On another note, is it me or is it likely that posibily in Gen 6, Durant will get an evolution, it just seems too small to be a final evolutioned Pokémon.

JP
March 30th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Well, I do like Durant but Spiniarak/Ariados has always been my near to favourite Pokémon so Ariados :)
On another note, is it me or is it likely that posibily in Gen 6, Durant will get an evolution, it just seems too small to be a final evolutioned Pokémon.

Wouldn't be surprised, though Seviper and Zangoose have a similar relationship as Durant and Heatmor and they never got an evolution. :( Guess it could go both ways really.

As for the topic itself, I'd have to go with Ariados. Not big on the steel ant, and to be honest... I don't think it can compare to spider-based Pokemon. :P A more appropriate comparison would have been Ariados and Galvantula.

Saryka
March 30th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Durant's supposed to more of an ant-based Pokémon because it's the counterpart to Heatmor, who's based on an anteater.

That said, I prefer Durant over the Spinarak family. From a typing perspective, I've always really liked Bug/Steel types.

GaXeL
April 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Durant is named after a basketball player on OKC... So yeah.

But of course I like original concepts more than newer ones.

Eh I'd go with ariados.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
This is actually a toughie - I think they both have equally cool designs :)