PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Stormbringer
March 30th, 2011, 08:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/96/HP7part2poster.jpg/405px-HP7part2poster.jpg
The Deathly Hallows

Part two of the epic finale of the most iconic literary series in recent history is set to hit theaters this summer! Discuss all things Harry Potter, from the beginning to now, in this thread.

Discuss.

Kirozane
March 30th, 2011, 08:48 AM
You have no idea how ready I am for this....

But it's also really bitter sweet. The books ended a few years back and now the movies are coming to an end too. Though soon enough I'll be able to try and sit back and watch them all in a marathon of sorts.

But the epilogue.... it's an abomination in my opinion, and it got filmed TWICE. They used the same actors of course, just used make-up and stuff so they look older.

Honestly, and this is just my opinion... Fred should have come back from the dead (or as a ghost) JUST to slap Ron for naming his son Hugo. Just.... no.

I loved the series, but the epilogue killed it for me a tiny bit (when I reread the 7th book, I stopped at the end of the last chapter before the epilogue. /hate)

Stormbringer
March 30th, 2011, 01:46 PM
You have no idea how ready I am for this....

But it's also really bitter sweet. The books ended a few years back and now the movies are coming to an end too. Though soon enough I'll be able to try and sit back and watch them all in a marathon of sorts.

But the epilogue.... it's an abomination in my opinion, and it got filmed TWICE. They used the same actors of course, just used make-up and stuff so they look older.

Why do you hate the epilogue? :o I mean, it was to be expected though, "they all live happily ever after blah blah". I saw it coming, that they would send the next generation off to Hogwarts, except happier and without the threat of a dark wizard taking over the world.

Kirozane
March 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Why do you hate the epilogue? :o I mean, it was to be expected though, "they all live happily ever after blah blah". I saw it coming, that they would send the next generation off to Hogwarts, except happier and without the threat of a dark wizard taking over the world.

I knew it would be sappy. There was no doubt... But THAT? That was overkill. XD I mean I know she was trying for a solid ending and whatnot but... eugh... But I think it's mostly the cheesy-type names. I know they were to be expected but still. XD

But that's just me....

I can't really pinpoint it. I just.... don't like it. ._.

moments.
March 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Seriously can't wait for this movie! The last one was made so well and definitely a fantastic build up to the final instalment!

The epilogue, I guess is ok. I mean I too thought it was a bit of an expected, sort of cliched and boring ending, but it was probably the most successful way to wrap up a series of such magnitude completely.

Mr Cat Dog
March 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Read all the books but have seen none of the films apart from the first one, which I distinctly remember being very underwhelming. The only thing I know about DH Pt II is that it's still on track to be released in retrofitted 3D, as opposed to Pt I which just done in good ol' fashioned 2D. Unless there's more timing problems with the conversion process, of course...

moments.
March 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I didn't know it was going to available in 3D... I reckon I'll stick to regular 2D version though only because it is one less distraction for me to focus on the story and how it was made and everything. Sometimes I see the HP films more than once, if I go again I might go 3D.

OOH! If they do a midnight screening on the day of release, I am so going to it! I went to the midnight release of the first part of Deathly Hallows and it was great. Definitely worth doing again if I can get tickets!

Stormbringer
March 30th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I didn't know it was going to available in 3D... I reckon I'll stick to regular 2D version though only because it is one less distraction for me to focus on the story and how it was made and everything. Sometimes I see the HP films more than once, if I go again I might go 3D.

OOH! If they do a midnight screening on the day of release, I am so going to it! I went to the midnight release of the first part of Deathly Hallows and it was great. Definitely worth doing again if I can get tickets!

3D makes my head hurt, so I'll just stick to 2D for now. XD But I'm seriously stoked for this movie. I might even see about going to the Midnight showing this time around.

Kirozane
March 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM
3D makes my head hurt, so I'll just stick to 2D for now. XD But I'm seriously stoked for this movie. I might even see about going to the Midnight showing this time around.

I knew I wasn't the only one who got headaches from 3D (But then, HD TVs get me too. XD)

And you should go to the midnight showing. I am TOTALLY going to this one. I've actually already got money set aside for it. >:3

It needs to be July though. Like... nao.

PlatinumDude
March 31st, 2011, 02:54 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie. Making Deathly Hallows into 2 movies was pretty creative because we all know what will happen in the end of the book.

mondays suck
March 31st, 2011, 05:07 AM
Wow, it's that time already? I haven't even watched the half-blood prince yet due to being lazy.
Hopefully they'll show it on TV soon, just in case I actually decide to watch this when it comes out and not wait as well.

Kirozane
March 31st, 2011, 05:37 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie. Making Deathly Hallows into 2 movies was pretty creative because we all know what will happen in the end of the book.

I think it was merely because all of the important things that happen amidst this ginormous death fest of a book were too much for one movie. The second movie is gonna pretty much be the battle of Hogwarts and the epilogue. XD

Where they cut off was EXACTLY at the end of chapter 24. More than halfway through the book.

But yeah, two movies is an awesome thing
And twilight's bein a copycat for doing it too. XD ignorethisignorethisignorethis. XD

Esper
March 31st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Harry Potter is really coming to an end with this movie. And what do we have to fill the void it leaves?

Anyway, I'm planning on going to a midnight showing like I've done for the last couple of the movies (and the books). It's usually more fun than the movie itself. Not that I'm saying the movie won't be fun, just that being around lots of weird fans and people you'd never expect to see at a midnight showing for anything is plenty entertaining.

Kirozane
March 31st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Anyway, I'm planning on going to a midnight showing like I've done for the last couple of the movies (and the books). It's usually more fun than the movie itself. Not that I'm saying the movie won't be fun, just that being around lots of weird fans and people you'd never expect to see at a midnight showing for anything is plenty entertaining.
^This
I may actually take pictures... A surprising number of people went all out the last few midnight showings I went to... And by go all out I mean dressup/cosplay/whatever you want to call it. I didn't think that there were that many who would do that in Idaho. A friend I'm going to this one with said she might go all out too. (And by effect might make me too. XD)

But I honestly can't get over how bittersweet this is.

Stormbringer
April 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
^This
I may actually take pictures... A surprising number of people went all out the last few midnight showings I went to... And by go all out I mean dressup/cosplay/whatever you want to call it. I didn't think that there were that many who would do that in Idaho. A friend I'm going to this one with said she might go all out too. (And by effect might make me too. XD)

But I honestly can't get over how bittersweet this is.

It's the end of an era. I'm really expecting this movie to eclipse some major box office records. Like challenge the Titanic, Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight, etc. It's the end of the road for one of the greatest literary and film series of all time. It's going to be huge.

Kirozane
April 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
It's the end of an era. I'm really expecting this movie to eclipse some major box office records. Like challenge the Titanic, Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight, etc. It's the end of the road for one of the greatest literary and film series of all time. It's going to be huge.

It will indeed be huge. But I am honestly excited for the day where I can watch the entire series from beginning to end.... one... after.. another... XD

Stormbringer
April 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
It will indeed be huge. But I am honestly excited for the day where I can watch the entire series from beginning to end.... one... after.. another... XD

A full HP movie marathon will take pretty much an entire day. XD

The only thing i hope that they get right, is the music. The series so far has had a great soundtrack (see Hedwigs theme and the work by Nicholas Hooper). It will make my life complete, if the second part of HP7 has an equally awesome soundtrack.

Kirozane
April 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
A full HP movie marathon will take pretty much an entire day. XD

The only thing i hope that they get right, is the music. The series so far has had a great soundtrack (see Hedwigs theme and the work by Nicholas Hooper). It will make my life complete, if the second part of HP7 has an equally awesome soundtrack.

I know. But I'd try anyway. We're already at like 17 hours or somethin insane like that (1-7p1)

YES. Total agreement is total. I can die happily if the epic finale has an epic soundtrack. If not, I will not understand.

.EJ
April 3rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty excited for this. I loved the books and the movies were pretty great too (not as good as the books but nice enough to at least watch for the effects)

I remember when I saw the first part with my friends and I knew exactly where they would cut it in half because it made sense and I was trying to tell them but they were getting all mad (they haven't read the books) xD hahaha

King Gumball
April 3rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
I remember when I saw the first part with my friends and I knew exactly where they would cut it in half because it made sense and I was trying to tell them but they were getting all mad (they haven't read the books) xD hahaha

Oh I haven't read the books too and all my friends are geeking over the series right as the movie was about to start XD THEY SPOILED IT D:<

I liked all the movies, only thing I didn't like is 'child friendly' the first two movies were, now it isn't suitable for little kids to watch anymore, as the characters mature the movies mature.

Stormbringer
April 4th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Oh I haven't read the books too and all my friends are geeking over the series right as the movie was about to start XD THEY SPOILED IT D:<

I liked all the movies, only thing I didn't like is 'child friendly' the first two movies were, now it isn't suitable for little kids to watch anymore, as the characters mature the movies mature.

You should read them if you have the time. They're well worth the time :3

TheGinger63
April 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I am definitely excited for this. Although it will be the last Potter movie, I'm sure there will be other Potter things after it. I just wish it was July already. I have literally getting every update for movie (HP NERD!! WOOT), even if it is spoilers (and so far I am quite content with what I have been hearing)

on another note, am I the only one who think Voldy is flippin' the birdy with the Elder Wand?

Stormbringer
April 6th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I am definitely excited for this. Although it will be the last Potter movie, I'm sure there will be other Potter things after it. I just wish it was July already. I have literally getting every update for movie (HP NERD!! WOOT), even if it is spoilers (and so far I am quite content with what I have been hearing)

on another note, am I the only one who think Voldy is flippin' the birdy with the Elder Wand?

It kinda looks like that, yeah. XD

If I could choose a deathly hallow to use personally, it would be the Elder Wand. >:3

Kirozane
April 6th, 2011, 07:52 AM

If I could choose a deathly hallow to use personally, it would be the Elder Wand. >:3

OF course you would. XD Totally you.... POWA!!!! XD /fail

I myself would probably pick the cloak.... Not really sure why... I just... would. XD

TheGinger63
April 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Elder Wand... as awesome as it would be to have an unbeatable wand, I myself would have to go with the invisibility cloak. SO much you can do with one of those things.... :D

Hermione Granger
April 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I'd kill anyone just to watch this on premiere night, seriously. I've been saving money since January just to watch this. I have saved enough, but I want to save more. Seriously, I can't wait for the Battle at Hogwarts scene! And rebellious Neville, and Aberforth, and the children! Oooh, I can't wait! I think I'm going to explode!

Stormbringer
April 15th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'd kill anyone just to watch this on premiere night, seriously. I've been saving money since January just to watch this. I have saved enough, but I want to save more. Seriously, I can't wait for the Battle at Hogwarts scene! And rebellious Neville, and Aberforth, and the children! Oooh, I can't wait! I think I'm going to explode!

I saw somewhere that the epilogue scene had been leaked over the internet or something. :0

The battle of Hogwarts.. Oh my God. It'll be intense. I cannot wait to see

Mrs. Weasley kill Bellatrix. >:] but poor poor Remus and Nymphadora. :( It'll be pretty sad.

Hermione Granger
April 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Mrs. Weasley kill Bellatrix. >:] but poor poor Remus and Nymphadora. :( It'll be pretty sad.
Yes I know that. She has a line in the book that amused me, in fact. I'll be very disappointed if they excluded that.

Kirozane
April 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Yes I know that. She has a line in the book that amused me, in fact. I'll be very disappointed if they excluded that.

Oh yes. That line.... It had better be there.

As it is, I'm kind of worried. There's kind of word going around that it might not hit theaters... This (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/theaters-threaten-to-refuse-showing-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-over-vod-dispute.php) had better not happen.

Hermione Granger
April 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Oh yes. That line.... It had better be there.

As it is, I'm kind of worried. There's kind of word going around that it might not hit theaters... This (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/theaters-threaten-to-refuse-showing-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-over-vod-dispute.php) had better not happen.
Well they already used that word in one of the movies, the third one to be exact. Although it was the word's other meaning, but still. It needs to be included. If they didn't, then Luna should have a great line that steals the whole movie itself. Even if they did do that, I'd be happier with Mrs. Weasley's line being that same as it was in the book. xD

And if the movie doesn't go on theaters then I swear...war will happen. xD

moments.
April 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I have a question semi unrelated to the discussion already, so sorry in advance, but do you think when Part II is released on DVD it will be sold only in a set of both parts together? Or will it be sold separately like the first part is now?

Kirozane
April 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I have a question semi unrelated to the discussion already, so sorry in advance, but do you think when Part II is released on DVD it will be sold only in a set of both parts together? Or will it be sold separately like the first part is now?

I think it will be seperately, and then they'll release a special edition something or other with both parts together probably... followed by a collection of every movie. XD

Well they already used that word in one of the movies, the third one to be exact. Although it was the word's other meaning, but still. It needs to be included. If they didn't, then Luna should have a great line that steals the whole movie itself. Even if they did do that, I'd be happier with Mrs. Weasley's line being that same as it was in the book. xD

And if the movie doesn't go on theaters then I swear...war will happen. xD

Oh yeah... they did... /fail memory is fail.

And I fully agree. A LOT of people would rage, but it would also get the point across that the theaters are trying to make.

Hermione Granger
April 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Since Part I was released in DVD, I bet it will be. And there would be a special "Deluxe Edition" or something like that that includes both parts. x3
Then they'd release a DVD boxset that consists of all the HP movies. I dunno, I just feel they would. xD

Thomas
April 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I neeeeeeed to read the last 3 books.
I am SUCH a slacker when it comes to this.
It's just I have so many other books I wanna read.
Bleh.
I'm probably not gonna read it until after the movie comes out, but thats fine with me.
I just wanna read it.

The movie is gonna be great. I love the first part that came out last year, and I think the pacing of it was awesome...and it set it up for the last part to be action packed and full of awesomeness.

Xyrin
April 18th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I love these books. I can't wait to watch the movie. If they would have kept it in one movie I would have killed them. HBP wasn't done very good if we're talking about staying with the books. Something I need. I like how with the extra time they were able to put almost everything in the book in the movie. I invited my friend over because he likes the series too and I will do it again!

WhiteWizard
April 18th, 2011, 05:34 PM
the best book was the 4th one. I believe most would agree.

moments.
April 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM
If I can get tickets to the midnight premiere, who else will be dressing up in Harry Potter related costumes like I want to? I have this massive cloak from a production which looks exactly like a dementor's hood.

Asa
April 19th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Even though I own a few of the movies on VHS and some even on DVD, I'll definetly be buying the whole movie collection once it comes out. Blu-ray to be exact. I honestly don't know why everyone is wasting money when they could just buy the whole collection once Part 2 comes out on DVD and Blu-ray(I'm sure there will be a whole box set of that sort). I doubt I'd be attending the midnight premiere for Part 2 of Deathly Hallows to be honest, but rather attend it early in the morning during first showing, like I've done pretty much with every other movie.

BHwolfgang
April 19th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Epilogue...

What I disliked most about it was the childrens' names. Albus Severus.. James Sirius... Lily Luna.... I really don't know what to say. I mean, did Ginny even had a voice in this?

However, even if the epilogue was kinda disappointing, I still greatly enjoyed the book. The series had greatly matured ever since it first came out. The theme of the book was interesting though. Had I not looked at some sites (http://www.wikipedia.org/), I wouldn't have known that the theme was death. I actually thought that it was like... bravery or chivalry or something like that.

I really can't wait to see the 2nd part of the seventh movie. It's saddening that this shall be the last Harry Potter. However! After this, I can buy all the DVD's and watch it in one, long marathon with butterbeers and chocolate frogs.

Mr Cat Dog
April 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
New trailer, and such (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandthedeathlyhallowspart2/).

Have at it, all you wizards and witches. This muggle's just going to go ahead and not care...

Stormbringer
May 1st, 2011, 03:14 PM
New trailer, and such (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandthedeathlyhallowspart2/).

Have at it, all you wizards and witches. This muggle's just going to go ahead and not care...

Le gasp!

HEX THE MUGGLE.

In all seriousness, that trailer looks amazing. Now whyyyy isn't it here yet. :/

Kirozane
May 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Le gasp!

HEX THE MUGGLE.

In all seriousness, that trailer looks amazing. Now whyyyy isn't it here yet. :/

Because Time wants to torture us by dragging to July! But it looks totally worth the wait! :o

Is it July yet? How about now? Now? Now? Now? Now? Now? Now? XD

Hermione Granger
May 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
If only I could travel through time just to watch this. I saw the trailer already, I do have to say its quite mind blowing. I was speechless for about five minutes after I watched it. D:

Stormbringer
May 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
If only I could travel through time just to watch this. I saw the trailer already, I do have to say its quite mind blowing. I was speechless for about five minutes after I watched it. D:

Only two months. DX

I really, really hope it lives up to the hype. The final potter film has to go down as the best one of the bunch, or else I'll be hoping for remakes when I'm 50

pokemongarnet
May 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I think that people should try to avoid spoiling things. Like that (insert name) dies or whatever else. Because it's the movie coming out and some people haven't read the books. BUT

VVV ONLY READ IF YOU"VE READ THE BOOKS!!!!!! VVV
I think that they should've killed off George instead because he had 1 ear. So he had to live an unhealthy life instead of having fred live. This is mean to say but they're like the same person.

Owl
May 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Just wondering, am I the only one who is waiting for the second one to come out on DVD so I can buy the first and second part and then watch them at the same time so it could be one whole ongoing movie? :x

Mukkamoto
May 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Been raring to watch Part II since leaving the screens after watching Part I. Can't wait. Will definitely live up to its hype!

Kirozane
May 17th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Just wondering, am I the only one who is waiting for the second one to come out on DVD so I can buy the first and second part and then watch them at the same time so it could be one whole ongoing movie? :x

I wanna see it in the theaters first... buuuuuuut.... That something else I'm excited for.

As it slowly ticks towards July.... I'm trying ot rig the clock to go faster. >.> Not. Working.

Hermione Granger
May 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Well, tbqh, the joy of seeing a movie in the theaters can't be beaten by watching the movie the DVD. You'll feel like you were the first one who watched!

But yeah, when the DVD comes out, I'm going to bet that they'll also release a DVD pack of all the HP movies and character biographies as extras. I'm totally going to buy that, as would many HP addicts, and I really hope that they do it. <3

Stormbringer
June 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
The new trailer for part two was just released, any thoughts? (other than omg I need to see this)

Shining Raichu
June 7th, 2011, 06:11 AM
This movie could be released in three years time and I still wouldn't be ready for it. The thought of it approaching both excites me and depresses me more than I can say. How do you say goodbye to something that has meant so much to you for so long?

The new trailer for part two was just released, any thoughts? (other than omg I need to see this)

I'm pretty sure the new one is the one I saw at the movies on Friday night. The clip with Mrs. Weasley vs. Bellatrix made me squee with joy and excitement, and the little one-second moment that showed the Weasley family crying over Fred's body was just more than I could bear. This movie is going to be the hardest thing I will ever have to watch.

Stormbringer
June 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3065224217/

Presumeably the final teaser trailer of Harry Potter, ever. And it's jaw dropping. This will be insane.

Kirozane
June 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3065224217/

Presumeably the final teaser trailer of Harry Potter, ever. And it's jaw dropping. This will be insane.

BGUEGYYGDNHUFUIGEUGUHSFFFFCCCCHHHH!!!!
Hum? What? Oh I'm sorry. That was my brain exploding into several tiny pieces out of pure awe.

Seriously, this reminded me how close we really are to it now and.... Again, total wave of bittersweet everything... XD

Shining Raichu
June 11th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I.... I don't.... I.....

Wow. I just... I can't even think of the words. This is really going to be over, in just over one month. Just one more month and then it's all gone. No more Harry Potter movies, no more Harry Potter books.....

The parts of these trailers that always give me chills is when you see Hermione using magic. Just the power that girl has is overwhelming, her transformation has been such a reward to watch. I squee'd so hard in the Part 1 trailer when she sent that exploding charm over her shoulder as she was running through the woods, and in this one there was a part where she sent a spell that had such force it sent someone through a window or something. It takes my breath away every time.

That beginning bit where it showed their first readthrough just put me over the top. It's lucky I'm typing, because my speech is failing me right now.

Stormbringer
June 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I.... I don't.... I.....

Wow. I just... I can't even think of the words. This is really going to be over, in just over one month. Just one more month and then it's all gone. No more Harry Potter movies, no more Harry Potter books.....

The parts of these trailers that always give me chills is when you see Hermione using magic. Just the power that girl has is overwhelming, her transformation has been such a reward to watch. I squee'd so hard in the Part 1 trailer when she sent that exploding charm over her shoulder as she was running through the woods, and in this one there was a part where she sent a spell that had such force it sent someone through a window or something. It takes my breath away every time.

That beginning bit where it showed their first readthrough just put me over the top. It's lucky I'm typing, because my speech is failing me right now.

The little intro part showing Emma, Daniel and Rupert during a take for the Sorcerer's Stone was surreal. I've been with Harry Potter since the very beginning of the books, since I (and the three of them) were 11 years old. Now I'm 21. It's a testament to how much of a phenomenon Harry Potter is. Truly amazing.

~Ryukaa
June 20th, 2011, 04:12 AM
That was amazing. Man, they're going to end this series so brilliantly. At the beginning of that teaser, all I could think was, "Oh my god."
I've yet to even see the first part, I'm waiting for them both to be released together on DVD. Which means waiting longer, of course. asjrhlfadsjk
IT'S GOING TO BE SO GREAT.

Bohemian_Rhapsody
July 3rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ah that last teaser trailer gave me goosebumps. That's pretty much my childhood right there. I can't believe it's going to be over in another week or two. I might just cry.
Childhood bias aside, this movie looks amazing. I recently reread the scene where Harry confronts Voldemort in the forest in the book and seeing it in the trailers being done to the T. I literally spazzed for a good couple of minutes. I don't think I'll have any disappointments with this movie. None that would change my mind about it anyways.

Esper
July 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
I got my ticket to the midnight showing a few days ago and just today learned that my theatre is having a screening of part 1 a few hours before midnight. I kinda wish I'd known about that and been able to have back-to-back movies. Oh well. I'll just have to watch it at home.

Gold warehouse
July 4th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I've been kind of dissatisfied with the Harry Potter film series as a whole; because I was a big fan of the books and the films really didn't match to them in my opinion.

That said, I saw Half-Blood Prince about a year after it was released and was really surprised at how much the films had changed. I watched Deathly Hallows Part I a few weeks ago, and yet again I was just so surprised; but instead of thinking it's quite quite good like I thought of Half-Blood Prince, I thought this one was great. The scene at the beginning where they escape from Privet Drive just blew me away, and from that point onwards there wasn't a single boring moment for me.

I'm definitely seeing Part II at the cinema with my brother (he loves Harry Potter). In the past two years only two films have interested me enough for me to want to see them at the cinema; Black Swan (which I couldn't see because my friend sucks) and now this. I have really high expectations, but I'm sure they'll deliver so I'm really excited!

Stormbringer
July 5th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I've been kind of dissatisfied with the Harry Potter film series as a whole; because I was a big fan of the books and the films really didn't match to them in my opinion.

That said, I saw Half-Blood Prince about a year after it was released and was really surprised at how much the films had changed. I watched Deathly Hallows Part I a few weeks ago, and yet again I was just so surprised; but instead of thinking it's quite quite good like I thought of Half-Blood Prince, I thought this one was great. The scene at the beginning where they escape from Privet Drive just blew me away, and from that point onwards there wasn't a single boring moment for me.

I'm definitely seeing Part II at the cinema with my brother (he loves Harry Potter). In the past two years only two films have interested me enough for me to want to see them at the cinema; Black Swan (which I couldn't see because my friend sucks) and now this. I have really high expectations, but I'm sure they'll deliver so I'm really excited!

I was a little bored by the Order of the Phoenix, to be honest. Yes, it's a bit of the set-up novel for bigger things to come, but I felt that not enough things happened to warrant the death of a major character. Half Blood prince is a great film/movie becuase it sends out that dark and brooding vibe of the things to come. I'm in the same boat - I loved the first installment of the Deathly Hallows and bought it on DVD the first chance I got, and I'll be at the midnight premiere come the 15th. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

10 Days to go!

Esper
July 5th, 2011, 07:33 AM
To be honest I didn't like that they'd split up the last book into two movies, particularly as Deathly Hollows wasn't even the longest book. But it was still a fun movie and I'm sure the second half will be fun too (or I wouldn't be seeing it the first chance I get). I just wish they hadn't decided to drop the one-book-one-movie thing until after Order of the Phoenix.

Stormbringer
July 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM
To be honest I didn't like that they'd split up the last book into two movies, particularly as Deathly Hollows wasn't even the longest book. But it was still a fun movie and I'm sure the second half will be fun too (or I wouldn't be seeing it the first chance I get). I just wish they hadn't decided to drop the one-book-one-movie thing until after Order of the Phoenix.

If anything, They could have made the Goblet of Fire into two films, seeing as how huge it was. I'm sort of on the fence about the two film set. Granted, we have to wait longer to see the entire installment, but, being split into two films insures that the attention to details is there. From the reviews I've seen of the Deathly Hallows pt. II, It's supposed to be everything we hoped it would. We'll see in 6 days. :3

Kirozane
July 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
For a second I thought the thread had vanished. D:
I would have been disappoint considering the date.

But I refuse to read the reviews. Fear of spoilers. I want to see it unbiased. XD Not that I will be disappointed. I KNOW FOR A FACT I won't be. But I just barely got my tickets for the premiere in time a couple weeks ago. That's right, I just barely made the bit. But I am going with a couple of friends and the hype COULD NOT be higher.

But I am beyond excited. The "This is the last one" feeling is making it bitter, but I can shove that aside when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray. That way I can have "How much Harry Potter can I fit into one day" things. XD And I'm talking conceivably. Not "Can I stay up 24 hours to watch the entire franchise" type thing....

Also, just a random tidbit, on the radio here in Boise, there was a thing where they were giving away tickets.... and in that they said "Every Trilogy has to end..." I lolwutted and laughed. Trilogy = three, no? So would the word they were looking for be.... legacy... mayhaps?

Okay rant session over sorry to bother.

TRIFORCE89
July 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM
It's not like they're doing two movies for the fans or because it necessarily warranted two movies.

It was purely a financial decision on the part of Warner Bros.

When they realized that the next Batman flick would not be on track for release this summer, they came up with the two Harry Potter movie idea because they need a summer blockbuster at the box office.

Stormbringer
July 11th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Alan Rickman's farewell letter to the Harry Potter Franchise:

http://images.fandango.com/images/fandangoblog/alan-rickman-goodbye-letter-590x840.jpg

/cue uncontrollable sobbing

Guy
July 12th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Watching all of the first seven Harry Potter movies this weekend as a way to prepare myself for the final ending, it does seem like Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, and Daniel Radcliffe grew up so quickly over the past ten years. But as they did, so did the fans who grew up reading the books or watching the films from the start of this epic journey. I mostly followed the movies, as growing up as a kid I never did enjoy reading. I read just the first book, but I think I'm going to have to go back and read the entire series to make up for my mistakes I made growing up.

Not that I haven't been emotional every time I see the trailer, or watched the cast say goodbye at the movie's premiere in London, but reading Alan Rockman's farewell to the series as an actor of the film, makes me all the more emotional. Not emotional in the crying sense, but that overwhelming feeling you feel burning up inside to the edge of where you want to come out bawling. What makes it worse though, is that even after all these years and knowing there would only be seven books and [at that time] seven movies for the most, I never did actually anticipate the end of the series. So, I guess you could say, it's now beginning to hit me as we draw closer to the end.

Above everything, I'm going to miss looking forward to a new Harry Potter movie every summer and watching Harry, Ron, and Hermione take charge on another journey through Hogwarts as they face off against danger and overcome their personal and physical obstacles.

Noah Ridgewood
July 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I bet I'm going to cry on Friday. I bet I'm going to cry on Friday. I bet I'm going to cry on Friday.

Noooooo... I don't think I can take it ending. I've been reading Deathly Hallows over again, trying to prepare myself to recognize the fact that it's ending. When I went to the premiere of the first part, I was dreading the release of the final movie, because then it was all over. The midnight release of Deathly Hallows was one thing. I had my mind set on the fact that at least I still had the movies. But now that the movies are drawing to an end, I don't think I can deal with iiiiit. Harry Potter was a bigger part of my childhood than Pokémon was. I read every single book. I went to every midnight book release after Goblet of Fire. I went to all of the midnight premiers with my dad. And now it's all just ending. Pottermore will hardly be a replacement for me. :(

I so desperately hope something in Rowling's mind makes her make another book. A prequel, a side-story dealing with another character, a book dealing with Voldemort's rise to power, a book dealing with the History of Hogwarts and the founding wizards. Anything. Even though I can reread the books any time I'd like, I don't think it's the same to the anticipation of a new book or a new movie. I love the world she's created, and I feel like I'm going to have to get into reality. Or make my own world.

~Ryukaa
July 12th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I just watched Part 1. Holy Celestia. It was so awesome.
I think I'm ready for Part 2. I don't want the series to end, but I think the ending will be unbelievably brilliant.
There's this one song that completely struck me in Part 1.
v/gVgX38MkPSQ

I reckon this song sums up Deathly Hallows. Perfectly.
It's sad to see the series end, but they're ending it damn well.

moments.
July 13th, 2011, 04:20 AM
So because Australia for some reason had Part 2 released earlier than UK / US, I saw The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 last night at midnight, and I must say it was truly incredible!

I'm not going to spoil anything because this is too big a finale to ruin for anybody, but it truly does the saga, and the novels justice and is an amazing finish to Harry Potter.

I honestly, was speechless after it was finished, like literally speechless. The only word I could, and still can come up with, and definitely the most fitting: magical.

Stormbringer
July 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
So because Australia for some reason had Part 2 released earlier than UK / US, I saw The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 last night at midnight, and I must say it was truly incredible!

I'm not going to spoil anything because this is too big a finale to ruin for anybody, but it truly does the saga, and the novels justice and is an amazing finish to Harry Potter.

I honestly, was speechless after it was finished, like literally speechless. The only word I could, and still can come up with, and definitely the most fitting: magical.

I'm glad you mentioned that, let's avoid any sort of major spoilers just in case. XD (Even though I'm guessing we've all read the novels)

Two days to go. My friends and I have a "Harry Potter Day" planned, which involves attempting to watch most, if not all, the films. Then a several hour stakeout to ensure good seats. XD

Toshiro.
July 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I am going to the midnight premiere! I can't wait, though i'll be sad when its over. Harry Potter was an incredible series.

Guy
July 14th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I'm glad you mentioned that, let's avoid any sort of major spoilers just in case. XD (Even though I'm guessing we've all read the novels)

Two days to go. My friends and I have a "Harry Potter Day" planned, which involves attempting to watch most, if not all, the films. Then a several hour stakeout to ensure good seats. XD
I think a lot of fans planned some sort of "Harry Potter Day" to just spend the entire day watching a marathon of all the movies thus far, or reading all the books over again. I was one of those who took my entire weekend last week and watched all the films leading up to Part II. Here's where I'm going to get the hate though. I haven't read any of the books except Sorcerer's Stone, and that was years ago. I've been talked into getting myself up and reading the series all over again though, so I might just do that after I see Deathly Hallows: Part II. It'll give me something more to do throughout the days.

Not going to lie, but I'll probably get all emotion and actually drop a some tears by the end of movie. I won't be embarrassed to admit it, but it's likely to happen now that it'll be the final end to it all.

...I hate saying those last few words. ):

Noah Ridgewood
July 14th, 2011, 05:15 AM
@Vendak: They should have had David Yates directing all the movies, imo.

~Ryukaa
July 14th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Bloody hell. I just came back from watching Part 2. God. It was so amazing I don't even-
I was fazed after finishing it, and still am.
Tomorrow. I'm going to watch all the movies up until Part 2 again. I have to.
For anybody that hasn't seen it, you won't be disappointed. My vocabulary isn't wide enough to describe how awesome it is.

Kirozane
July 14th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Oh my god... you all are making me so excited.... I have been up since 6:45, squealing and watching some of the other movies. It is now 8:11.... and I am going to the midnight premiere tonight. Like... I can barely sit still, regardless of how bittersweet this excitement is!
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/e/x/excitedplz.gif

Ink Heart
July 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I'm one that watched it just now, haha. All I can say.. is astounding! Magical! Superb!

Like, really.. I won't say anything spoiler-ish.. but I dunno... The imagination that I've thought while reading the novels.. Didn't account to be this awesome in the movie! Like, really. >.> Does this mean I have a bad imagination? ;~;

Ahh.. I'm gonna plan something for the weekend... Maybe rewatch the Harry Potter series, but that's just a maybe. Haven't gotten it fully planned yet, tbh. It's just too awesome!

Tho I swear I've been hypnotized by the enchanting music... Haha.

terminoob
July 14th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Man, I really need to read... all the books. x.x I skimmed over the first three, then my third grade teacher told me I wasn't smart enough to read the fourth one, so I gave up on them. Oh well, I'll just buy a box set of them later.

But, onto the movie. Ordered my Part 1/Part 2 double-screening ticket last week and I'm picking it up in a couple hours. The 3D glasses for Part 2 are made to look like Harry's glasses (gonna make me look more like Harry than I already do, so that's a plus). I wish I lived in one of the states that showed every movie this week, though. Would've paid for that in a heartbeat.

I'm feeling such a strange mixture of anxiousness, excitement and sadness.

Noah Ridgewood
July 15th, 2011, 01:38 AM
MY CHILDHOOD IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!!

Esper
July 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
The midnight showing I went to was AWFUL. I couldn't even be properly sad that it was ending because of all the awful people who were there. I am very disappointed by my experience.

The movie was pretty faithful to the books though. Good on them for that. I also really liked everything they did with Snape.

Aorio
July 15th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh my gosh. :D I went to the midnight premiere with my boyfriend and best friend and had an awesome time. There were a couple things that bugged me about the movie, mostly that some parts were different from the book, and I didn't see why. Also, in the Epilogue scene, Hermione looked exactly the same even though it was supposed to be 19 years later but oh well.

Also, a preview for Breaking Dawn (the last installment of Twilight) came on, and a guy in the back of the theatre stood up and yelled, "AVADA KEDAVRA!" At Edward. We all cheered. It was fantastic.

Kirozane
July 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I went to the midnight premiere... and ended up getting only 3 hours of sleep. It took us forever to be seated (We were the last auditorium thingy to be let in) but it was worth it. The annoyance went away once we sat in the surprisingly comfy seats and all got little posters. 8D (I got two so the sister who wasn't sitting next to me could get one) And once the movie started I was COMPLETELY sucked in... (After everyone was done cheering of course)

Gawd I cried so hard... It was a good cry though. Like everyone else I will refuse to spoil a thing here. I'll do so in PM if you so ask. (Because you may be weird like my mother and be all "OMGOMGOMGOMGSPOILIIIIT!") But not here.

It was emotional, and it stayed true to the book to the best of its ability I think... And.... Let's just say I am okay with the epilogue now.

But once the credits rolled a hum of "mischief managed" rumbled through the room... And I cried again. XD

Razer302
July 15th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Just got home from the film and honestly didn't enjoy it at all. The books are a million times better I thought it was very poorly made.

And people clapping at the end and when it started honestly annoyed me. There was no need for it.

I will stick with the books.

Ayselipera
July 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I also went to the midnight premiere! I really enjoyed it too. I thought the second half was way better than the first half. The only thing that irked me was the leaving out of a few parts (which happens I know) and the chopping up of the end.

I'll just throw it in a spoiler in case anyone is waiting to see it!
I hated how when Harry died and was talking with Dumbledore the whole Grindlewald (correct me if name is wrong) story was completely cut out. I mean I suppose the whole back story of Dumbledore's search for power wasn't that overly important, but I just loved it in the books and was really looking forward to it in the movie.

Also I hated how the ending was chopped up. Specifically the fight between Harry and Voldemort, Nagini being killed, and Bellatrix's death. If I recall correctly, in the book they all happened in front of everyone. Whereas in the movie they all happened in their own separate places. For example I'm pretty sure in the book when Bellatrix dies Voldemort ends up screaming or making some sort of acknowledgement of it. In the movie though he was never there to see it and in the end never ends up knowing.

Guy
July 15th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I didn't go to the midnight premiere like I had hoped to go, but I did go and see it today. Overall, I was highly pleased with the movie as a whole. There were certain scenes that kind of left me a little irked (read the spoiler if you wish to know what those were), but I enjoyed the movie to the fullest and had a fun time doing so. I'm just really depressed to accept the fact that this was the end, and there won't be any more movies to look forward to. Although, I still do have the opportunity of looking forward to completing the entire series of books. To say the least, the series ended really well for what it was. I enjoyed the action, the final fight between Good vs. Evil, and the series ending on such a high note. My only wish is that it was longer. For the final movie, it deserved to be the longest in my opinion.

Avoid opening this spoiler if you haven't seen the movie yet, or read the books.
My first nitpick was when Harry was looking into Snape's memories. Maybe it was just me, or maybe it was the way the pieces of his memory was put together, but there were times when I felt it seemed like a disorganized sequence and sometimes got a little confusing to follow. Then, I know from a friend who read the book, they left out some memories from the books that would have been better added in.

I also wish they had put a little more emphasis on Bellatrix's death. I loved Mrs. Weasley role in that scene, but I felt it could have been done with more dramatic effect.

Lastly would be the ending. I loved how they closed the film, but I just wish there was more dialogue in this scene. The characters talking more after 19 years and just giving viewers a better explanation of things I guess. I think that could have turned out well.

No matter, I hope the DVD and Blu-ray edition comes with a massive load of deleted scenes, because there are probably some scenes that could have benefited being put into the movie.

Shining Raichu
July 15th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Hnnnnng, I came to post this exactly. I'm so upset I can't even... I don't... ugh.

My midnight showing was a little disappointing too. The people cheering and laughing and everything didn't so much add to the atmosphere as detract from it. I couldn't even think, I couldn't let myself process all that I needed to process in order to say goodbye.

The movie was amazing though. So amazing. I loved they way they did Snape's memories in particular, and you got to see what Snape was really like behind the scenes, all vulnerable. I can't say much more without getting spoilery and I can't be bothered with spoiler tags at the moment, but I'm sure I'll have more stuff to say later.

TRIFORCE89
July 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I went in to watch because... I just must. I haven't really enjoyed Yates' helm at the directorial chair with this franchise. I found them boring. So, I thought I'd come out of theatre just pleased, and not much more than that.

But, it was a really good movie. I concede.

I like how certain things were handled. The acting was strong. I thought the end would be lame, but it played out so wonderfully and with nostalgia.

I wish it was longer.

TheGinger63
July 17th, 2011, 04:39 AM
DH P2 was perfect for me. Sure it didn't measure up to the book, but neither did any of the other movies, so I was happy with what they did with it. I was disappoint with some scenes being cut out (not gonna spoil for those who haven't seen it yet, but honestly, PICK UP A BOOK! No one should be complaining about spoilers because the biggest "spoiler" out there is the book itself). Overall I loved the movie, best one yet for me.

Mischief Managed (7/15/11) =( THE MAGIC WILL ALWAYS LIVE ONNNNNNNNN

PokemonLeagueChamp
July 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I just saw it, and let me just say that was the most epic movie I've seen all summer. It really wraps up the whole experience for me and everyone else who's been with the series from the beginning. The movies have always done a good job hitting it home with me, as when they came out, I was around the same age as Harry and his friends, and it seemed to help the movie sink in that much more. And now it's all over.
....now what am I supposed to anticipate?

You're on a Pokemon forum saying your childhood is over. If you don't see the irony there, I have lost all faith in humanity. But I do get your point, it's the end of an era.

Captain Fabio
July 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
So, I went to the midnight showing when it was released the other day, and I have to say, it hardly kept me entertained.
I was very, VERY disappointed by the film and parts just made me shake my head.

The nail in the coffin was the stupid '19 years later' ending. It was fine in the book, obviously, but in the film, it was just completely stupid to pass the pre/early 20 year old actors as late 30s. They all looked stupid and I just laughed, scrap that, the whole cinema laughed at how stupid it was.

Disappointed and a waste of my money. The only good part about it was, because it was a midnight showing, the cinema was selling beer. Beer + Popcorn = win.

Gold warehouse
July 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I saw it today and really enjoyed it; don't really want to tl;dr analyse it.

I loved the scenes with Snape's death and memories (favourite character and I think it did him justice). I loved the final scene too. They definitely didn't look older, but they're there to represent something more important than just looking like convincing adults. It was the final send-off and there was no way they could have used different actors. Funnily enough I really didn't like that part in the book, but in the films it was really necessary.

One part that majorly disappointed me was Bellatrix's death. She just got such a simple death.

The Hatter
July 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM
One part that majorly disappointed me was Bellatrix's death. She just got such a simple death.

This times a million. It should have been in slow motion, at least. She was built up to be such a big secondary character, and she doesn't get an appropriate outro.

This movie was pretty good, probably one of my favorites. It was probably the only movie to accurately portray the book. I don't know if that's good, concitering that they left out some major parts. Dumbledore's sister, etc. etc.

I loved Neville's speech too. He really became one of my favorites in this movie. And I really like his actor!!

My favorite scene was in the chamber of secrets with Ron and Hermione. Although I am a huge Harry/Hermione shipper, it was amazing. Plus Emma is hoooooot. (;

Sansa Stark
July 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I finally got around to seeing it today. Needless to say, it was rather emotional for me. I've been a Harry Potter fan for over 11 years (http://prof-plum.tumblr.com/post/7769288537).
I cried so many times. It wasn't that it was sad - it was the nostalgia of it all. :B
Yeah, they left a bit out, but they always do. Some parts could've been expanded upon..but overall it was okay.
It was a decent ending to an amazing series. <3

Arcticblast
July 18th, 2011, 06:36 PM
All I'm going to say is that Mrs. McGonnagal (sp?) finally got her moment of awesome.

Guy
July 19th, 2011, 04:07 AM
All I'm going to say is that Mrs. McGonnagal (sp?) finally got her moment of awesome.
I have to agree. She was always my favorite Hogwarts teacher, so to say the least, I loved every moment with Professor Mcgonagall in this movie. From the moment she stood up to Snape to taking charge of the school, she fulfilled her duty brilliantly.

Anders
August 13th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Seriously smh right now. I just wrote up a big post about the whole thing to get logged off and lose it. I probably won't retype it all so here's a summary.

Hiiro I agree, the scenes with McGonagall were amazing, and they were the hardest ones for me to hold my emotions in. Ayselipera I'm totally with you on Dumbledore's past, the night before I saw it I read that one chapter with the dialogue between him and Harry, and was let down when the scene ended without it.

Overall a wonderful movie that I can say without a doubt would have been thoroughly enjoyable without the huge nostalgia factor present. A fitting end to say the least, not that I'm happy about it.

Shining Raichu
September 4th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I've seen the movie three times now, and I'm seeing it for the fourth time tomorrow. I've cried more than I've ever cried in a movie all three times - it doesn't seem to have lost its effect on me at all with repetition - and I know tomorrow will be the same.

Basically, every time McGonagall is on screen, I burst into what I call "tears of awesome", and in the Snape's death/memory scenes, I get so emotional I can barely stand it. I don't know why I keep putting myself through this, but I can't help but feel that as sad as it makes me, I feel somewhat enriched after each visit.

I just thought I'd share those thoughts since I'm going again tomorrow so I have Harry on the brain lol