PDA

View Full Version : No more ____ pokemon jumping on the bed! >:|

Miss Doronjo
April 2nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Lets say I gave you a device, and this device is able to (somehow) discontinue pokemon of a particular typing. So, what I want to ask you all is, what types of pokemon would you want to discontinue? In other words, If you had to permanently discontinue one Pokemon type out of the whole Pokemon franchise which one would it be and why?

Here is a reminder of all the types of Pokemon.
- Bug
- Dark
- Dragon
- Electric
- Fighting
- Fire
- Flying
- Ghost
- Grass
- Ground
- Ice
- Normal
- Poison
- Psychic
- Rock
- Steel
- Water

For instance, with myself, I'd prefer that I'd discontinue the steel type pokemon, because...well, there's plenty of good steel type pokemon that's enough to keep me satifyed in making pokemon teams, to cover their weaknesses properly.

Regeneration
April 2nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Oh God, don't I just hate bugs? I'd get rid of them! n_n

Meduza
April 2nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Dragons, they are so overused. <.<

King Of The Blues
April 2nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'd get rid of the Fighting type Pokemon, not a big fan of them at all. I struggle to think of a Fighting type Pokemon I like.

Mr Cat Dog
April 2nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
I'd rather reform both of these types than get rid of them, but I really have no patience for Poison, Grass and Bug type Pokemon. All of them have really common weaknesses; the movesets for a lot either rely heavily on a non-attritional form of combat or are just really craptastic; most of them aren't particularly nice to look at (some Grass ones excepted) and they're all kinda weak and fragile.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Gah this is soo hard!! I like at least one pokémon from every type haha :) And also - as so many are dual typing, if you wiped out a whole typing some of your favourites could be wiped out unintentionally! Tis a tricky one!

Miss Doronjo
April 2nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Not "wipe out" per se...

Okay, let me re-word it: if there were any new pokemon, what types of pokemon would you not include with them?

PlatinumDude
April 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Even though there are a lot of good Poison Pokemon out there, I want to get rid of that type because Poison has bad coverage offensively.

Esper
April 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Dragon types are overpowered, generally, and that type dones't really feel like how I image a "type" should be. I've always said it's more of a design style than a type. It's got too much of a stranglehold on legendaries so without that type we could see the choices for dragon styled pokemon open up.

The_Noob
April 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Water. Because of how many water-types there are, and how very few people will actually use/like.

Noob out.

Drew
April 2nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Bug, because most aren't super useful to a party after the first two or three gyms. Or at least I usualy pitch em for better types with better move sets. Also most don't have a very note-worthy defense, that I've noticed.

I know a lot of people like bug types, but I'm not one of them.

Some, I like their apperence.. but they just do my party any justice.

Hermione Granger
April 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Meh, I say they discontinue bugs. I never liked 'em except for a few.

CliveKoopa
April 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
I'd get rid of Normal type pokemon because the majority of them are useless and weak.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
April 3rd, 2011, 03:14 AM
what types of pokemon would you want to discontinue?

- bug - most are ugly
- poison - ugh
- Dragon - because most legandaries are dragon type
- fighting - don't really like them.

Rionix
April 3rd, 2011, 03:16 AM
For a more realistic view of the Pokemon World, I would say that I would discontinue the Dragon type pokemons as because of their strength, they should be limited and to make the story more interesting, they should be made so their types are close to extinction.

The other one I want to discontinue are the Ice-types... My reason is that, they are simply running out of ideas of what will ice-types look like. Look at how they made some ice type pokemons in the 5th generation. I would take back this statement if they will make some okay or cool looking ice-type pokemons in the 6th generation or the third game. But for now, this is what i think.

ShinyMeowth
April 3rd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Bug and Poison types. They are incredibly annoying when you try to run through the game, just to be greeted with constant poison and paralysis. The reason I am excluding Grass Pokemon from that list, even though they often show that attribute too, is because many of my favorite Pokemon are grass-type.

Timbjerr
April 3rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Imma go with psychic on this one. The poor things have deteriorated from the most OP typing possible in GenI to "lol, I crunch you dead" in GenV. Since the bug-type has been drastically improved offensively since GenI as well, most bugs can effortlessly outmatch a psychic these days. I had a Galvantula sweep Caitlin's entire team in White. XD

To make matters worse, many psychics are attributed to spectacular physical feats in their pokedex entries that it just makes the pokedex's article writers look like the fools of the scientific community whenever they get pwn'd so badly in battle by being bitten or being hit with a beam of light. XD

Meganium
April 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
I would discontinue the dragon type Pokemon. There aren't that many of them out there, even if they have super-powered dragon-type moves.

solarowl
April 3rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I would discontinue... Dragons. Or at least make them a little less powerful. They should try new types for legendaries other than mainly Psychic or Dragon.
If Dragon is made weaker, I would discontinue Bug types. They aren't very appealing to me.