PDA

View Full Version : *The Pink PuffBall* Kirby Club

Otherworld9)
April 3rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
"The Kirby Fan Club"
Obviously where Kirby fans reunite. There weren't any up to date, the last one more than a month old, so I'm reviving this one.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110130194456/kirby/en/images/d/da/Kirby_walk_adventure.gif

You must remember him from his game hits, to anime series, of maybe even Smash Bros series. The epic pink puffball is back! Just post your name and where you first saw Kirby, and I'll think whether to add you. Answer any and as many topics in there as well as you like. Anybody can make a new topic, as long as it isn't very or too often.

Owner & Co.
Otherworld9)
~Co.~
AshPikastar

Fans
Nutella
Pikachewy
Alternative
~Ryukaa
Jayster23
vaporeon7
Edsbob
AshPikastar
Felly
kirby-chan
Stoney the Togekiss
poketrainer729
NightOfRemorse

Current Talk
Making up new Kirby abilities

Fan Pics
n/a

Events
Rumors speak of a game coming out next year or so. (Atsumete! Kirby or Kirby Mass Attack DS) and a Wii Game

Nutella
April 11th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Dude, I'm so in.

My favourite games are The Amazing Mirror, Super Star Ultra and Squeak Squad. The first two are pretty neat, too!

Oh yeah, the topic- it was over ten years ago. The first game I played was Kirby's Dream Course.

Not a big fan of the anime, though I think Meta Knight's Japanese voice is fabulous~

Pikachewy
April 11th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Yaaay a club for Kirby! This name is my signature (as in signature for a picture) XD

Kirby is so cute! I draw him as well! ;)

Alternative
April 11th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Aaaand why wasn't this a club before? Count me in! :D

Gotta love that little pink puffball. To be honest, at first I thought Kirby was some sort of offspring from King Dedede and a pink chewing gum. I will never think that way again.

I think I first got into Kirby, or remember seeing him in either Kirby's Dream Land or Kirby's Fun Pak. The latter has got to be my favourite game of Kirby though, since it's just so awesome, and it introduced partners which are amazing. I remember going to my friends' house, and taking that game so we could play it, and that I could be the partner, since I loved being them. I also got the game on the Wii's Virtual Console, which I've finished also, and still play a lot to this day, since it's just amazing.

I also tried watching the Anime at one stage, but it didn't work out. It seemed too Pokemon-ish, with just the style, of a new story happening every single episode. I think I managed to get up to the appearance of Knuckle Joe, and then the subs showed swearing, as in "that's bulls--t!" and I'm like wtf? I did watch one where the anime tried to make an anime based on King Dedede.

~Ryukaa
April 11th, 2011, 05:05 AM
KIRBY. D<
KIIIIRBY.
I'm in.
There's just something so badass about Kirby. <_>;

Where and when did you remember first seeing Kirby?
When I was younger, my cousin gave me the Magic Mirror, via emulator.
I. Loved. It.

Nutella
April 11th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I think I first got into Kirby, or remember seeing him in either Kirby's Dream Land or Kirby's Fun Pak. The latter has got to be my favourite game of Kirby though, since it's just so awesome, and it introduced partners which are amazing.

Kirby's Fun Pak/Super Star/Super Star Ultra is easily THE BEST Kirby game. It's one of the favourites of the fandom! The partner system is fantabulous with human and human, but with human and computer, it has humourous results. Especially with like Bugzzy; the computers don't really know what to do with him. As weird as that sounds. =/

I also tried watching the Anime at one stage, but it didn't work out. It seemed too Pokemon-ish, with just the style, of a new story happening every single episode.

It’s geared for young children, so some found it too "immature" or "predictable." It had an abundance of Japanese pop-culture references, which may have been lost in translation to the majority of western viewers. I didn't enjoy it much, and got up to the part where they fought Buggzy.

When I was younger, my cousin gave me the Magic Mirror, via emulator.
I. Loved. It.

That is a fantastic game, also! Another thing I really love about Kirby is the artistic design. Everything is so bold and colourful. The names of places sound yummy, too~

Jayster23
April 11th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I'm in :D

i first saw kirby in Super Smash Bros.
ever since then he has been the love of my life(Not literally)
And i have played a few games like Squeak Squad and super star ultra.

Otherworld9)
April 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
You are all in. I agree in that the Amazing Mirror was a favorite, as well as Squeak Squad.
I first saw Kirby back when I was like 5 to 6 years old, in the Kirby 64 and the Crystal Shards. I also admire Meta Knight, I can use him well in Super Smash Bros, ;).
Members as of now:
-Nutella
-Pikachewy
-Alternative
-~Ryukaa
-Jayster23
I actually have a blast of members, nice to see that. :cheeky:

Alternative
April 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I actually liked the Crystal Shards. It was a fun game, for the time that I played it. The whole getting two abilities to make super awesome ones were amazing in those games. I can't really explain my favourite combination since I haven't played the game in such a long time.

How about another simple Kirby question.

What's your favourite Kirby ability?

My favourite ability would have to be either Plasma or Beam. Beam is just so simple, and kinda really good if you use it right, and Plasma is just something I've always loved ever since I started playing Kirby's Fun Pak. It was an awesome ability, and I just love to run through with it on just that alone. :)

~Ryukaa
April 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM
What's your favourite Kirby ability?
I have two, when it comes down to this. Sword Kirby, and Animal Kirby.
...:V
They're just cool. xDD;;

Otherworld9)
April 13th, 2011, 02:59 AM
What's your favorite Kirby ability?
-Sword and UFO....ufo since I could fly for so long, and since I admire them UFO's.

Jayster23
April 13th, 2011, 03:19 AM
SWORD KIRBY FTW!!! :D

I also liked Ninja Kirby :3

vaporeon7
April 13th, 2011, 04:06 AM
I love Kirby, he's my favourite non-Pokemon Nintendo character~!
I am therefore joining.
When my brother got Kirby's Dream Land for GB.
Best Game and why?
I love Kirby's Dream Land and still play it sometimes~!
What's your favorite Kirby Ability?
Defiantly sword Kirby, so awesome.

Nutella
April 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM

That's a cruel question! >=/ It all depends on the game, but I'll say Magician, UFO and Tornado. Tornado in Squeak Squad = WIN. You can annihiliate most bosses with ease. So for a challenge DON'T USE TORNADO, 'K?

Alternative
April 14th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Seems like this group needs more love from me. So here you go group. Have a Heavy Mole.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091120143431/kirby/en/images/2/20/Heavy_Mole_Kirby%27s_Adventure.png
Well it was either Heavy Mole or Kracko, and Heavy Mole appeals to me more. It like, the only boss which doesn't attack you, and gives out the Hammer ability, which is kinda awesome. <3

Otherworld9)
April 16th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Well, What is your favorite Kirby Boss?
-Zero 2, the ressurected form. I just like his reason of "Nobody gets to feel happiness if I could not. He revived himself from utter hatred and negative emotions, pretty evil.

Edsbob
April 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hello there! I love the concept of Kirby, it's still so magical to me. DEM KURBS. Sorry.

Kirby's Dream Course way back when. I'd definitely play it again if I could get my mitts on it.

Best Game and why?
Probably Superstar Ultra because of all the helpers and the various things you get to do, as well as the little side games. I also liked Squeak Squad because it was a cute game plus I loved the spray paint. I always painted him Snow coloured.

Magic Kirby's abilities are just so amusing and that top hat looks great on the guy, hahaha. I also liked the mirror ability, it was visually appealing and versatile too.

Favorite Boss?
'King' Dedede. No, really.
Because you would just roll around laughing at him, sometimes he could be quite the formidable opponent.

Otherworld9)
April 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Edsbob, you're in. King Dedede for some reason is quite easy to beat, yet hard at other times. I guess he's just random. Especially in brawl, hes good to use when you get over theb slow speed.

Alternative
April 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Favourite Boss? I've always had a soft spot for Heavy Mole, or pretty much every boss. I like Darkness, Mr Shine + Mr Bright, Kracko, Whispy Woods and pretty much all of them, since they're all so amazing. Also Paint Roller since he's pretty cool.

AshPikastar
April 17th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Did someone mention Kirby? "Kirby, Kirby, Kirby thats a name you should know"....Ok I won't sing the opening theme song of the show.

I heard of Kirby ever since Super Smash brothers came out for the Nintendo 64. I started playing Kirby once I got Amazing Mirror.

Best Game and why?

The Amazing Mirror; not only is it my first Kirby game I ever played but I loved all the levels and how Kirby gets split in half. You could contact the other Kirbys to help you out during a battle; not to mention the amazing ending credits. You get to shoot the eye boss during the credits instead of having to just sit there bored until the credits end. I wish every game was like this or something similar.

I think my favorite was Ice Kirby and UFO Kirby. I can't remember since it's been a while since I actually played a Kirby game on the DS.

Favorite Boss?

The Master hands on Kirby Amazing Mirror. You get to fight two of them. I like this boss because it's challenging and fun to take out the hands.

Otherworld9)
April 17th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Did someone mention Kirby? "Kirby, Kirby, Kirby thats a name you should know"....Ok I won't sing the opening theme song of the show.

I heard of Kirby ever since Super Smash brothers came out for the Nintendo 64. I started playing Kirby once I got Amazing Mirror.

Best Game and why?

The Amazing Mirror; not only is it my first Kirby game I ever played but I loved all the levels and how Kirby gets split in half. You could contact the other Kirbys to help you out during a battle; not to mention the amazing ending credits. You get to shoot the eye boss during the credits instead of having to just sit there bored until the credits end. I wish every game was like this or something similar.

I think my favorite was Ice Kirby and UFO Kirby. I can't remember since it's been a while since I actually played a Kirby game on the DS.

Favorite Boss?

The Master hands on Kirby Amazing Mirror. You get to fight two of them. I like this boss because it's challenging and fun to take out the hands.

Good Long explanation, I also noticed the Kirby Opening XD. Many bosses were strange to fight, and back when I was small, the hardest one to fight was Miracle Matter. Not only was Kirby 64 the only game had during that time, but i was only a child. It was hard back then. Not anymore though.

Alternative
April 17th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I remember Kirby 64. It was a great game, including the fact that you can inhale two abilities at once, which was unique, but for better. I remember getting up to some dark matter sphere or something, which would then shoot laser beams or something. I haven't played that game in such a long time, but it sure was fun.

I want to get Kirby Superstar Ultra again, since I loved that game when I had it. I remember beating Marx Soul once ever, which was hard to get to, since Galacta Knight was really hard to beat. If you ever play that game in the True Arena and get past Galacta Knight, you might want to get the Mirror ability if it's available, since that's going to be a huge help in that battle.

Edsbob
April 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I always dodged and spammed the hammer on Galacta Knight. Kirby SSU was much easier to play once you learned how to dodge the attacks (until then, I just used the mirror like Alternative said-- loved it too) of the various bosses. In fact, you sort of had to.

After all, otherwise how was one supposed to get that darn ribbon for 'mastering' all of the 'Helper to Hero' game?

I really liked the double ability in the 64 game too; it opened up more options and the was absolutely no way of getting bored that way. Unfortunately I haven't played that much of that game...

AshPikastar
April 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I never played Kirby on the Nintendo 64 besides the Super Smash bros however; I did play a demo of it at a hotel and thought it wasn't that bad. I think I still have SuperStar but one of my favorite mini games on it was when you had to eat up the food or something like that. It's been a while since I played it. I have currently been playing Kirby AirRide which I still love.

Edsbob
April 17th, 2011, 12:43 PM
II have currently been playing Kirby AirRide which I still love.

Watch me try to spread that game as far as possible, that game is fun. In saying so, I completely fail at parts of the game you have to race in. I normally just play City Trial (I think it was called). That mega bomb still warms the cockles of my heart, my best friend and I love it. I somehow always end up weightless with over 9000 glide and fourth place.

It took me a while to slaughter kill impale defeat Dedede, but when I did do it it took 27 seconds... of me stabbing him with needles.

Good times...

Alternative
April 17th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I've never played Kirby's Air Ride, but it's been one of those games I've wanted to play even once, and just never got around to it. I'm pretty sure my local video store has it in, so I might see if I can rent it then for a week or so and try to finish it.

AshPikastar
April 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I still haven't unlocked all the mission things on that game yet. I mainly play in City trial and the regular racing game. I usually play the game when my friends are around. It's still a good Kirby game even until now. I wonder if they'll make a second one or a sequel to it. I usually go with either, Purple, Blue, Red, or White for the color Kirby on there.

Nutella
April 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Favourite Boss?

King Dedede, hands down. You've gotta admire his semi-obsessive determination. Also, I love making fun of Whispy- the difficulty of battle with him epitomises "Spring Breeze", LOL. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

I also enjoy the fights against Meta Knight, but then again, I think he's a legend!

I have currently been playing Kirby AirRide which I still love.

Yeah, that is a brilliant game! I can only imagine how much fun it must be if you had three friends to play with! =)

AshPikastar
April 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that is a brilliant game! I can only imagine how much fun it must be if you had three friends to play with! =)

Oh it is, even doing four player is a lot of fun. We actually do the racing more then the city trial but sometimes my friends and I would do the City trial and put the 'race' on random. When I play by myself; it's not that fun but I usually put the 'race' on which ever one I want so that I know which items to look for.

Nutella
April 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Oh, I see, I see! =D The racing is pretty fun, but... let's just say I have a lot of polishing up to do. My sister and I play the City Trial the most. Most of the time I end up collecting irrelevant traits for the random games... or an unhelpful vehicle. I love it when I get the ice cream truck and it's High-Jump or Gliding. I LOL at my own misfortune. ♥

Pikachewy
April 18th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Sorry for my lack of appearance in this thread, considering how much I love it xDD;;

My cousin bought me a kirby game (Nightmare in dreamworld) I was so stupid and until the 4th world, I didn't realise I could use copy abilities :v
Best Game and why?
I like the amazing mirror. Quite original and life's better with friends XD
I'd say stone is a pretty good one for bosses. My favourite is ice though~
Favorite Boss?
The hard version of King Dedede (in Kirby superstar ultra) XD He's so stupid even though he was upgraded. :P

Alternative
April 18th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Eh, I never really like the Dedede boss in Superstar Ultra. I mean, it's easy and all, but I give it that they tried to pull out all the stops for you with a giant Hammer that shoots fire and rockets, a steel, electrified cage to keep you in, or so you can't fly too far out of the way. He hits hard as well, which is a pain.

Just a random question for those who have played Superstar (Ultra)/Fun Pak, what did you think of the Revenge of Meta Knight story? I thought it was kinda hard at first, but now I find it really easy. I remember one of the things in the game where you've blown a hole in the wall to escape from, and I couldn't figure out how to get out of the room. XD; I also liked the dialogue in that thing.

Fork guy: We must do something about Dyna Blade
Axe Guy: Shoot it down already!
Meta Knight: Good, that's one problem dealt with.
Waddle Dee: Derp.

AshPikastar
April 18th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I love it when I get the ice cream truck and it's High-Jump or Gliding. I LOL at my own misfortune. ♥

The ice cream truck is so cute but I mainly use the main star and I like unlocking the Glider...I think that's what it's called, the flying legendary machine. I like that one better then the speed one. My friend and I played the Free run mode on City trial for almost 5 hours. It was a lot of fun; us running around and flying around like idiots and doing random stuff.

Otherworld9)
April 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
To tell you all the truth, it has been a very long time eversince I played Kirby Air Ride. I remember glimpses from back when I was 6 years old of Kirby in a yellow star....and me beating my smaller sister in a race or something. Now that I remember it, it tons of fun back then. I need to rent it to remember the good old times.

-And yes....Pikachewy is still in.

Alternative
April 19th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I just thought I'd share this. It seems like there's a new Kirby game in the works in Japan. Things say it's going to be released sometime later this year, which means probably 2012 for us. To me, it seems like a Kirby's Epic Yarn, without the yarn. It's also not the best thing. Now, Kirby get's SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOODNESS POWERS! Like a giant sword, and a fire dragon, and things like that.

My opinion: It seems like it's going to be one of the best Kirby Games to date. :D

v/mVpj1bcJldI

AshPikastar
April 19th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I saw that video and had posted it in my blog. I forgot to post it here but the new Kirby game looks awesome. I want to play it now. Epic Yarn wasn't that bad but this one looks really good.

Edsbob
April 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
King Dedede, hands down. You've gotta admire his semi-obsessive determination. Also, I love making fun of Whispy- the difficulty of battle with him epitomises "Spring Breeze", LOL. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

YES I DID. VERY GOOD. I APPROVE GREATLY.

Sorry for my lack of appearance in this thread, considering how much I love it xDD;;

Favorite Boss?
The hard version of King Dedede (in Kirby superstar ultra) XD He's so stupid even though he was upgraded. :P

Don't worry, Kirby still feels your love, hahaha.

As for the Dedede part, I couldn't agree more. I literally could not stop laughing for a while when he spun around like an idiot, proceeding to dizzy himself out. That expression. Priceless.

Just a random question for those who have played Superstar (Ultra)/Fun Pak, what did you think of the Revenge of Meta Knight story? I thought it was kinda hard at first, but now I find it really easy. I remember one of the things in the game where you've blown a hole in the wall to escape from, and I couldn't figure out how to get out of the room. XD; I also liked the dialogue in that thing.

Fork guy: We must do something about Dyna Blade
Axe Guy: Shoot it down already!
Meta Knight: Good, that's one problem dealt with.
Waddle Dee: Derp.

I thought the facial expressions were priceless, and I loved the original opening for it. As for the story, there wasn't too much though it was interesting too see good old "JUSTICE FOR ALL!" Meta Knight try to get back at Dreamland for being lazy. He should have just assaulted Dedede and/or usurped the throne from him instead of take over dreamland in an unorthodox manner. He could do it.

Derp.

I just thought I'd share this. It seems like there's a new Kirby game in the works in Japan. Things say it's going to be released sometime later this year, which means probably 2012 for us. To me, it seems like a Kirby's Epic Yarn, without the yarn. It's also not the best thing. Now, Kirby get's SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOODNESS POWERS! Like a giant sword, and a fire dragon, and things like that.

YES. MORE KIRBY, MOOOOORE! But that actually looks really good, I can't wait until it comes out over here.

I saw that video and had posted it in my blog. I forgot to post it here but the new Kirby game looks awesome. I want to play it now. Epic Yarn wasn't that bad but this one looks really good.

Oh yeah, how was Epic Yarn? I've never played it, and I wanted to know what it was like overall (story, gameplay, etc.)

AshPikastar
April 19th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah, how was Epic Yarn? I've never played it, and I wanted to know what it was like overall (story, gameplay, etc.)

The Kirby game to me was a bit babyish but cute at the exact same time. I liked playing as the king Kirby whenever I do two player with my friends. The reason why I thought it was a bit kidish is because of the fact the Narrator made it sound like it was just for little kids. The levels are good and the controls are so easy to get through but that is also the only down fall. The boss battles were easy to defeat; even the final boss was easy. It took me a while to figure out what to do for fighting Metal Knight. It took me at least a hour to figure it out but I managed to keep dodging and not dieing. You can't die on this game which makes it a bit not challenging. When I first played through a level; I thought that I would die and lose a life but instead you lose some of your jewels that you collected. Sadly the other Kirbys aren't in this since they are in most of the Kirby games. My favorite level I think was the Ice level. I can't remember but changing into different things while being Kirby was awesome. I loved being the huge tank Kirby and kept shooting rockets at the enemies. The music was adorable and relaxing. You could also change your apartment as well. I didn't pay attention to most of the story plot since the Narrator was so annoying in the game that I couldn't deal with it. and I thought Pokemon Narrator was annoying.

Over all this is a good game. I would have given it an 8/10.

Alternative
April 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I didn't play Kirby's Epic Yarn either. I might rent it if my local video store ever gets it in, but I dunno. That game didn't really appeal to me because of the yarn, and the fact you don't get abilities in it either, which kinda sucks.

AshPikastar
April 20th, 2011, 06:05 PM
At first it didn't appeal to me either until I noticed it look so adorable. I just didn't like that Narrator in the game. Makes me want to give up on it but other then that; I did enjoy the music. I still need to get all the items in the game though but I'm usually not the type of person that goes for the 100% progress of the game when it comes to unlocking other items. Yeah I didn't like the fact that you couldn't use abilities either but I can see why they didn't give you those ability I mean; you get to transform into a lot of different things and it's easy to take out the enemies in the game.

~Ryukaa
April 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
There's one thing that made me put off Epic Yarn, you can't die. :V
Not to mention, the lack of abilities. I haven't tried the game yet, but maybe sometime in the future.

AshPikastar
April 20th, 2011, 06:18 PM
There's one thing that made me put off Epic Yarn, you can't die. :V
Not to mention, the lack of abilities. I haven't tried the game yet, but maybe sometime in the future.

Agreed. There was a couple of transformations I did not like. One would have to be the train. You have to use the Wii remote to make train tracks but it's so picky. If you make one mistake on it then you would fall of the train tracks or it'll mess up. I didn't like the fire truck that much. I wasn't a huge fan of it for some reason. I did however like the Dolphin, race car, and the tank one. Those were my favorites out of all of them. I think there was more that I liked but I can't remember what it was.

Alternative
April 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I didn't think you could inhale abilities in Epic Yarn anyway, which is really offputting, considering that's one of the biggest perks of Kirby. Maybe it's a similar feel to Canvas Curse, but that game was actually fun, or at least I enjoyed it. Maybe I should find that game again and play it right from the beginning. :)

AshPikastar
April 20th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I played Canvas Curse a few times but never liked it. I lost the game later on so I never gotten the chance to finish it. It was different but I didn't like being a ping ball and was rolling around(If I remember correctly) Kirby Squeak squad was a good game. I played it so many times and I love mixing the abilities together. It's fun to experiment. I love getting ice sword or lightning sword.

~Ryukaa
April 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I loooved Canvas Curse! One day, when I took it to my cousin's house in Sydney, I forgot it there. Next time I came, I heard that my auntie might've thrown it in the bin, which was depressing. I wasn't able to finish it, either. <_>;
One day, if I can be bothered, I might download it.

Alternative
April 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Canvas curse really was a good game. The little ping ball was different, but in a good way that it worked. You still got abilities which was cool, and one thing I really enjoyed about the game was the boss fights. LIke, drawing a picture in a certain amount of time, or winning a race against King Dedede. It really did utilize the touch screen in the best way possible. :)

I never played Squeak Squad though, which is sad, as it looks like such a good game. :)

AshPikastar
April 21st, 2011, 05:00 AM
I might give it a try later on since I haven't played that game in so long. Yes Squeak Squad is good you should try it. I love fighting the final boss. I can sometimes defeat it without getting hurt. The boss battles are actually challenging in this game and there is no narrator which is good. The story mode is also cute and adorable. It's pretty easy to control if you are use to playing Kirby games on the DS. So far it's one of my favorite DS games of Kirby. I would play it again if I can find the game. I tried the time attack one time on the game but I never decided to finish it. I did however managed to defeat the boss arena mini-game. It's fun but you only get to hold at least 4 or 5 abilities if I can remember correctly...man I feel like playing this game now. I loved the ice level one on that game; it has great levels on the ice one although the boss battle can be a little trickey I have to admit. The game does remind me of Amazing mirror. I would defiantly recomend it.

9/10 for my game review. My second favorite Kirby game.

Edsbob
April 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the info on Epic Yarn there.

Squeak Squad is one of my favourites. It's an easy game (like many in the Kirby series), but it's engaging and the treasure hunting/unlockables leaves you exploring every inch of a level. The idea of the Squeak Squad coming after you is quite cute, and the bubble concept was pretty fun.

Canvas Curse was something new. It wasn't as easy as the others either. I don't actually remember too much of it anymore, but I did like the side-games and the boss battles.

Felly
April 21st, 2011, 07:24 PM
So joining this club! (:

Mmmm, probably SSB for the N64; that's my earliest memory of Kirby.

Best Game and why?
Considering I haven't really played any Kirby games [/terriblefan], I'd have to say the SSB series.

Can't really answer this based on the Kirby games, but it's Down+B move in Brawl is pretty awesome.

Favorite Boss?
No idea considering I haven't really played the Kirby games.

I'm hoping to one day get Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii & play that, as well as any GameCube games that Kirby had. [If I ever get a GameCube controller.]

Otherworld9)
April 23rd, 2011, 05:30 AM
So joining this club! (:

Mmmm, probably SSB for the N64; that's my earliest memory of Kirby.

Best Game and why?
Considering I haven't really played any Kirby games [/terriblefan], I'd have to say the SSB series.

Can't really answer this based on the Kirby games, but it's Down+B move in Brawl is pretty awesome.

Favorite Boss?
No idea considering I haven't really played the Kirby games.

I'm hoping to one day get Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii & play that, as well as any GameCube games that Kirby had. [If I ever get a GameCube controller.]

You are in. Welcome to the club Felly!
The only game I have on the DS is Squeak Squad, I love that game since I lost the rest except for dreamland. Terrible sister, sorry for losing the games. I liked that Squeak Squad for the graphics that fit my taste, and the music and how you have to go through every corner and use some of your brainpower for some levels. I like that.

AshPikastar
April 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Otherworld; you forgot to add me on the list : P.

Alternative
April 25th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I've been playing Kirby's Fun Pak a lot lately, merely because it's fun. No one else really likes to play it though, which upsets me, as I'm always playing by myself. :( I like to play the Arena and I'm really thinking of just running through with some challenges and recording them or something on there for lulz. Something like that you have to use one ability, and one ability only, or maybe a Pacifista challenge, where you're not allowed to attack at all, but only your partner is allowed to.

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Same here! I'm just up to the True Arena. I have the DS version, so I played Spring Breeze with my sister once... and that was it. I don't think on the DS that you can play the 2P modes, even though Helper to Hero would be suited to it. I find myself always using one ability the whole time anyway- I find that the partners get in the way. Especially on Helper to Hero with frickin' Birdon. Adorable, but imo, usless. Or I just suck. =P

I usually pick Stone, Mirror or Hammer. If you try to rely on your partner, you'd only manage two kills. If you're lucky.

Alternative
April 26th, 2011, 01:07 AM
You can play the 2P modes in Superstar Ultra, but it requires two cards, and both people appear on the one DS, which I think is cool. It really keeps the spirit of the remake going. I found the True Arena quite hard, and I only beat it once. If you want any tips, Galacta Knight is much harder than the last one, which is a secret, unless you know hwo it is already. :P

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I've played SSU a zillion times, but I never knew that if you had two cards, you could play two player... fail, haha! Yes, the True Arena is DEFINITELY a challenge. I've only ever beaten it with Stone, Hammer and Mirror. I struggled with Mirror, but still, I made it! ='D

I was wondering what you guys think about Galacta Knight? I came across this very interesting (to me, I guess) forum about a debate regarding Galacta Knight's origins (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/949625-kirby-super-star-ultra/45658648). The general consensus is that Kirby games aren't meant to be deep- which is true, but I thought this was something that might interest older fans.

Pikachewy
April 27th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Ah... True Arena is quite hard, imo. I didn't even beat it. :v after about 26 tries, I gave up.

Edsbob
April 27th, 2011, 04:44 AM
The mirror ability was always a sure guard for me in the True Arena. But the hammer made it so quick and much more satisfying. Plus using the partner as a shield/ability reserve always worked.

But yeah, that wasn't easy at all. Especially because some twisted troll decided they should leave ordinary tomatoes instead of Maxim Tomatoes. But I suppose more than the lack of HP recovery, I think it's the difficulty/high attack of the later bosses.

Alternative
April 27th, 2011, 06:42 AM
True Arena really is hard. I think I managed to beat it once, and only once, and I can't remember what I used. I always thought Galacta Knight was a lot harder than Marx Soul, mainly because it's a tougher Meta Knight, and it has a crapload more health than him, so yeah. :/

Worst part is that when I finished it, my game corrupted. D:

Nutella
April 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Ah... True Arena is quite hard, imo. I didn't even beat it. :v after about 26 tries, I gave up.

I had to try a fair few times. Now it's easy enough for me.

But I suppose more than the lack of HP recovery, I think it's the difficulty/high attack of the later bosses.

Very true. If one had the Maxim Tomatoes, it wouldn't be nearly as hard.

I always thought Galacta Knight was a lot harder than Marx Soul, mainly because it's a tougher Meta Knight, and it has a crapload more health than him, so yeah

I think the two tie depending of which ability you pick. Marx is laughably easy when you're Stone Kirby, but with Galactca Knight, it takes patience and good timing- so you don't get clobbered when you "un-stone" yourself.

Otherworld9)
April 30th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Otherworld; you forgot to add me on the list : P.

Oh, I am so sorry, forgive me if you may. I just skim through the member list(bad habit, sorry) and see "Pika" somewhere through the list and say, I already got AshPikastar, hmm. I'll add you now, for some reason I thought I had you.
As for Galacta Knight, took me a long time to defeat that boss, and plenty of tries since it takes me a while to figure out how to defeat a boss that strong.

Nutella
May 6th, 2011, 11:53 PM
As for Galacta Knight, took me a long time to defeat that boss, and plenty of tries since it takes me a while to figure out how to defeat a boss that strong.

I remember barely making it through the first time I fought him- which was using Meta Knight in Meta Knightmare. In the true arena, I lost against him. I believe I somehow lost my original ability, and got pulverised.

Otherworld9)
May 12th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Then, do any of you play Smash Bros..and use Kirby or Meta Knight or King Dedede? My best character is Meta Knight.

Alternative
May 12th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I very rarely play the game, as I don't have it. I only sometimes play as Kirby, and very rarely play as Meta Knight as I'm really no good with them, even if Meta Knight is deemed the best character in the game. My friend plays as King Dedede though, which is kinda cool. He has an awesome Smash move. For me, he's in that "as slow as a bowser" category, which also befalls Ganondorf.

AshPikastar
May 13th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Oh, I am so sorry, forgive me if you may. I just skim through the member list(bad habit, sorry) and see "Pika" somewhere through the list and say, I already got AshPikastar, hmm. I'll add you now, for some reason I thought I had you.

It's alright. Which game was Galacta knight on? I totally forgot.

Alternative
May 14th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Galacta Knight was as far as I know, only in Superstar Ultra as the final boss in Meta Knightmare Ultra. I found that one hard, as you've got your powerful abilities to use on your first time around, but if you lose a life, you have to start with no power for your special abilities.

AshPikastar
May 14th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Oh that guy. The final boss on Superstar Ultra is a lot of fun to beat but he is still pretty hard. I didn't like going through Meta Knightmar Ultra that much but I did enjoy kicking the boss with Kirby. I forgot which ability I used to take it out; I think it was either Ice or Twister.

ash_ley
May 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM
sorry if it took time b4 i went back 2 this forum. remember me?

Alternative
May 22nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
I thought people might be interested in this. :)

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/up/news/atsumetekirbyboxsmall.jpg

Atsumete! Kaabi (Gather! Kirby) Is the next game we will be getting, and it looks like it will be the last game we get for the Nintedno DS system, before the next Wii game comes out, and is revealed more at E3 this year hopefully. Atsumete! Kaabi seems to be a game with a similar concept to the Mini Mario vs. Donkey Kong games, or Lemmings, where you control multiple Kirbys to do whatever your aim is.

Your thoughts on this?

AshPikastar
May 23rd, 2011, 08:28 AM

Atsumete! Kaabi (Gather! Kirby) Is the next game we will be getting, and it looks like it will be the last game we get for the Nintedno DS system, before the next Wii game comes out, and is revealed more at E3 this year hopefully. Atsumete! Kaabi seems to be a game with a similar concept to the Mini Mario vs. Donkey Kong games, or Lemmings, where you control multiple Kirbys to do whatever your aim is.

Your thoughts on this?

This will be the last game that we'll be getting for the Nintendo DS? I liked playing Kirby on the Nintendo DS. I don't have much to say but the cover looks awesome! The English cover will probably look much different then this. I never played Mini Mario vs Donkey Kong games for the DS so I wouldn't know but you get to play multiple Kirbys? That part somewhat reminds me of Amazing Mirrors when you have the other Kirbys with you. I'm looking forward for this game and hopes more information comes out for it. Did they give an official release date for it yet?

Otherworld9)
May 24th, 2011, 05:26 PM

Your thoughts on this?

Sorry I haven't been on lately, but I'm back.
As for this game, I heard about it just recently a few days ago. From what I read and was informed by, it has your usual side-controlling Kirby. One difference I noticed was that you don't inhale your enemies anymore..you instead inhale fruits and such to make another kirby pop out. You control Kirby with your stylus, and I've heard you hold you stylus down to create a star that makes all the kirbies you currently have gather around to look act, in which I guess you can call them all back to you. You can save another kirby from dying by commanding a kirby to rescue it, and tap the screen twice for them to run, ect.

Did they give an official release date for it yet?

The only release date I've known about was the Japanese, coming out in July 7th. No set date is in for America I think...I have no clue for the USA right now.

Alternative
May 24th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'll probably be getting Atsumete! Kirby for myself, but if Kirby follows the release date of anything like Epic Yarn, America will get it late July/August, and Europe/Australia will get it late November - February.

Otherworld9)
May 26th, 2011, 02:27 AM
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/4/9/5/9/0/ss_preview_screenshot_239021.jpg.jpg?slideshow=truehttp://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/4/9/5/9/0/ss_preview_screenshot_239023.jpg.jpg?slideshow=truehttp://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/4/9/5/9/0/ss_preview_screenshot_239027.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Well, we all know that the top shot is the top of the ds screen, while the bottom the stylus screen....the star shows the stylus. These are screenshots that came out everywhere, so I decided to share them here.

~Ryukaa
May 26th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Wow. That Kirby game looks really fun. xD;
It better get localized. It probably will, since Nintendo loves their money. :U

Alternative
May 27th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Atsumete! Kirby seems like it would be a fun game to play really. I know it's totally different from the standard series of gameplay, but it seems like it could work. If the little kirbys get abilities still, and then when you use them enough, you can equip them whenever, sort of like Lemmings style, then I think it could work quite well! :D

AshPikastar
May 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/4/9/5/9/0/ss_preview_screenshot_239021.jpg.jpg?slideshow=truehttp://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/4/9/5/9/0/ss_preview_screenshot_239023.jpg.jpg?slideshow=truehttp://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/4/9/5/9/0/ss_preview_screenshot_239027.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

Well, we all know that the top shot is the top of the ds screen, while the bottom the stylus screen....the star shows the stylus. These are screenshots that came out everywhere, so I decided to share them here.

Oh wow that looks awesome! I'm looking forward to playing this game even more and it looks a bit challenging as well.

Alternative
May 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I just thought I'd mention that Atsumete! Kirby will be released in Japan on July 7th for 3,800 yen. I have no idea how much that is either. :/

Source (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/16/atsumete-kirby-floats-to-japan-in-july/)

AshPikastar
May 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I think 3,800 yen is about $38. My friend was teaching me something with this but that is pretty cool that is coming out in July 7th. We might get it later on. They don't have an official release date yet for the Kirby game for the Wii.

~Ryukaa
May 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM
3800 is roughly 45 dollars. Which is a pretty good price, I reckon.

kirby-chan
June 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
im gonna join this club ~

Where and when did you remember first seeing Kirby? the game that kirby eats enemies and the enimies turn into kirbys partner
Best Game and why? the game above because thats the only game ive played.
What's your favorite Kirby Ability? flying ability
Favorite Boss? idk

~Ryukaa
June 7th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I may be somewhat late, but here are a couple trailers for a couple new Kirby games coming out.
Enjoy!
v/3WHgNh1Iedgv/MLYXss2U39Y

AshPikastar
June 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
The new boss guy on the Kirby Wii looks awesome! So we are getting new boss and abilities on the Wii. I'm really looking forward for it. I must have missed the trailer for the Kirby games from E3. Now the game for the DS looks very adorable. So you start off as Kirby and start finding all the other Kirbys. I'm really looking forward for these game now but I think I'm more interested in the Wii version more then the DS.

Pikachewy
June 12th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Kirby Wii! :DDD
Certainly looks awesome! :)
I'd just love to know all the new copy abilities!! XD

Stoney the Mewtwo
June 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I want to join!

Kirby's dream land for the orignal gameboy, the VERY 1st video game I've ever beaten by myself!
Best Game and why?
Altough I've never played it, I'm still going to say Kirby Super Star Ultra.
Tornado Kirby!
Favorite Boss(es)?
Meta Knight & King Dedede

Otherworld9)
June 13th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I am soo sorry guys, I went for a trip and kinda didnt have any technology (laptop or computer) to update this. Yeah, the trip was long and I kinda missed out on the club while on graduation due to excitement. Forgive me. For now, I'm going to update everything and add events and such for the club, being the summer. :]

Also, I got more information on the new ds kirby game:
-In America, it's called Kirby Mass Attack DS....idk if it carries the DS part or not
-In America, it's going to be released September 19, 2011
-For some reason, theres delays and they THINK it will be set off for August 4 for Japan...idk if it's true, maybe not.
-No copy abilities...i think you all knew that
-Kirbies that take damage turn blue...more damage turns them into angles or something and floats off the stage(you can make another kirby drag it back down and make it turn back to blue though)
-It's based on Popstar, on the Popopo Islands, where "Necrodious" zaps Kirby and splits him into 10 smaller kirbies while Kirby is taking a nap. One Kirby escapes and finds the Hero's heart that remained from the split, and worked with the heart to stop this Necro dude from spreading evil.

More screen shots
http://thekirbyclub.net/games/ds/img_5-5.jpghttp://thekirbyclub.net/games/ds/img_5-4.jpghttp://thekirbyclub.net/games/ds/img_5-6.jpg

Alternative
June 19th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I can already tell the game is going to be somewhat bad. I mean, no abilitiess just gives us nothing to play around with. It'd be nice if you could get say, abilities and manipulate the other Kirbys to act them out. So like, Sword ability could be all the kirbys look like a giant sword, and it's stronger the more kirbys you have there.

How about some more discussion. :)

Who's your favourite Kirby helper?

Otherworld9)
June 20th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hmm...the club isn't that active, or so I think since my days of summer are so long here. But that's all I could get on that game. I believe that some may not like the game, but it will attract other gamers that just want simplicity I guess. Let's wait and see how the sales and scores go for the game.

I think we need a new topic....If you could add an ability to the Kirby series, what would it be and why?

poketranier729
June 20th, 2011, 05:48 AM
i am in i all the time use kirby in ssbb kirby is awsome i have kirbys epic yarn

:cross-eye

Alternative
June 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Well I already asked a topic, but okay. :P

If I could add any ability to the Kirby series, it would be a tough one to choose. I didn't want one which is overpowered by any means (unless it's a one-use) so I thought why not a Pirate ability? There's already a ninja, but what exactly would a pirate do? It couldn't use a cutlass without copying Sword, and it couldn't use a cannon without copying Bomb, so it got me thinking some more. I saw the clock, and I instantly thought of a Time ability. Pretty much, what would happen is that you could freeze yourself in time, or freeze everyone but yourself in time, and avoid pretty much everything. You could move some more land and stuff with super sucking powers, as illustrated in the new Wii Kirby game, and make your opponent boss fall into a hole or something. :)

AshPikastar
June 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I am soo sorry guys, I went for a trip and kinda didnt have any technology (laptop or computer) to update this. Yeah, the trip was long and I kinda missed out on the club while on graduation due to excitement. Forgive me. For now, I'm going to update everything and add events and such for the club, being the summer. :]

Also, I got more information on the new ds kirby game:
-In America, it's called Kirby Mass Attack DS....idk if it carries the DS part or not
-In America, it's going to be released September 19, 2011
-For some reason, theres delays and they THINK it will be set off for August 4 for Japan...idk if it's true, maybe not.
-No copy abilities...i think you all knew that
-Kirbies that take damage turn blue...more damage turns them into angles or something and floats off the stage(you can make another kirby drag it back down and make it turn back to blue though)
-It's based on Popstar, on the Popopo Islands, where "Necrodious" zaps Kirby and splits him into 10 smaller kirbies while Kirby is taking a nap. One Kirby escapes and finds the Hero's heart that remained from the split, and worked with the heart to stop this Necro dude from spreading evil.

More screen shots
http://thekirbyclub.net/games/ds/img_5-5.jpghttp://thekirbyclub.net/games/ds/img_5-4.jpghttp://thekirbyclub.net/games/ds/img_5-6.jpg

I'm here, sorry for not posting and yeah this game looks alright although I'm mainly excited for the Wii one. I love all the new effects that is made for the Wii. Do we have an official date yet for the Kirby Wii game?

If you could add an ability to the Kirby series, what would it be and why?

Well Kirby has many different abilities but I think it would be interesting if he had the ability to go invisible. I don't remember if the Ninja ability allows that but it would make it easier for him to sneak around while going through some of the dungeons but the only way to get caught is if you get splashed by water.

Otherworld9)
June 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
i am in i all the time use kirby in ssbb kirby is awsome i have kirbys epic yarn

:cross-eye

I guess you are in....as to answer my own question:

Yes, I agree with the invisibility ability. But I don't know what kind of monster would let Kirby allow to swallow and gain it...maybe a magician with an invisible coat?

As for me, If I were to invent a new one(since Kirby does have a lot already), I'd have to go with one that allows him to shrink or grow. Maybe a shrinking or growing monster could give him the SIZE ABILITY. He can shrink and grow at will, but he is vulnerable due to still having his normal attacks.

NightOfRemorse
June 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Why the heck am I not in this yet. I'd like to join, please :] I first saw Kirby about seven or eight years ago when my next-door neighbor was playing Kirby on her GBA. I can't remember exactly which game it was, but I think it was Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Otherworld9)
June 21st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Why the heck am I not in this yet. I'd like to join, please :] I first saw Kirby about seven or eight years ago when my next-door neighbor was playing Kirby on her GBA. I can't remember exactly which game it was, but I think it was Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Yup, you're in.

Well, I updated the page for the new members, and I guess we can go on now. I made another ability for Kirby: Mirror Kirby! I don't really know if an ability already exists like this, but this ability reflects anything that hits kirby on the front, yet Kirby is vulnerable on his back. Attacks like Spark and such hit all over the body, meaning that all-around attacks are a weakness for Mirror Kirby. :]

Stoney the Mewtwo
June 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
Invisibility ability for Kirby:

Ghost Kirby!

He'd look like a MUCH cuter Boo!

Alternative
June 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
Well Ninja did have that ability of disappearing when you were attacked for explosive damage, but I don't think you mean the same thing. :P Kirby does definitely need more defensive powers though. :)

I was actually gonna suggest a Thunder ability, but then after much deliveration, realised it would be so much like Beam. XD; So what about an Archer ability? You could shoot enemies and targets from far away distances, and depending on how much the charge the ability (pull back the string), the more powerful it'd be. :)

AshPikastar
June 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Yup, you're in.

Well, I updated the page for the new members, and I guess we can go on now. I made another ability for Kirby: Mirror Kirby! I don't really know if an ability already exists like this, but this ability reflects anything that hits kirby on the front, yet Kirby is vulnerable on his back. Attacks like Spark and such hit all over the body, meaning that all-around attacks are a weakness for Mirror Kirby. :]

Mirror Kirby is actually in Kirby Super Star. He can deflect attacks that come right at him. The move is alright but I was a never a huge fan of it. Maybe because of the way Kirby walks in the game while being Mirror Kirby. It is creative but not one of my favorite ability.

Well Ninja did have that ability of disappearing when you were attacked for explosive damage, but I don't think you mean the same thing. :P Kirby does definitely need more defensive powers though. :)

Thought the Ninja Kirby had something similar but yeah I agree. Kirby should have some more defense abilities in the game.

I was actually gonna suggest a Thunder ability, but then after much deliveration, realised it would be so much like Beam. XD; So what about an Archer ability? You could shoot enemies and targets from far away distances, and depending on how much the charge the ability (pull back the string), the more powerful it'd be. :)

I always thought Kirby had that ability with the Angel Kirby but I guess it's a bit different. That does sounds very interesting.

Alternative
June 21st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Thought the Ninja Kirby had something similar but yeah I agree. Kirby should have some more defense abilities in the game.
The only ability I can see as being subpar defensive is Stone or even Mirror. Stone has that invincibility factor when you've turned into a stone completely, and Mirror has those reflective capabilities which makes it even more defensive rather than offensive. :) It'd be nice to see some more defensive abilities anyway.

Stoney the Mewtwo
June 21st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Should I give more details on Ghost Kirby?

EDITED IN:

I Just remember there was already a Ghost Kirby!
With this ability, Kirby can posses enemies & you could play as them.

I think this was in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror...

Otherworld9)
June 22nd, 2011, 05:22 AM
Mirror Kirby is actually in Kirby Super Star. He can deflect attacks that come right at him. The move is alright but I was a never a huge fan of it. Maybe because of the way Kirby walks in the game while being Mirror Kirby. It is creative but not one of my favorite ability.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot. XD Out of all games I couldn't get my hands on, it was Kirby Super Star and the Ultra. I need to get that game. I did okay with it once, but I was too small to remember anything. Thanks for correcting me.

Should I give more details on Ghost Kirby?

EDITED IN:

I Just remember there was already a Ghost Kirby!
With this ability, Kirby can posses enemies & you could play as them.

I think this was in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror...

Ghost Kirby was also in Kirby Squeak Squad, and I do like this ability. And yes, we do need for defensive abilities...but maybe a few creative ones at that. :]

Stoney the Mewtwo
June 22nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot. XD Out of all games I couldn't get my hands on, it was Kirby Super Star and the Ultra. I need to get that game. I did okay with it once, but I was too small to remember anything. Thanks for correcting me.

Ghost Kirby was also in Kirby Squeak Squad, and I do like this ability. And yes, we do need for defensive abilities...but maybe a few creative ones at that. :]
Actually, I think Ghost Kirby was ONLY on Squeak Squad...

I see Tornado Kirby as being defensive with a offensive edge, because Kirby is invincible while he's a tornado.

AshPikastar
June 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Tornado Kirby is a bit like Defense and offense at the same time which is probably why I enjoy that ability. Ghost Kirby was alright on Squeak Squad but I do enjoy mixing the lightning beam with the sword to get lightning sword. I always had fun mixing the abilities together.

Otherworld9)
June 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Actually, I think Ghost Kirby was ONLY on Squeak Squad...

I see Tornado Kirby as being defensive with a offensive edge, because Kirby is invincible while he's a tornado.

Yeah, it's both actually. It repels attacks while in the form, and I like how is goes fast and moves all over the screen. It's one of my favorite. Out of all abilities, my favorite was the UFO and the sword Kirby. UFO since I like the different attacks it had, all depending how long you hold b. Sword Kirby since you could mix and his attacks were deadly. You can also use Sword Kirby underwater, which is why I liked it very much.

AshPikastar
June 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
UFO Kirby was also a good ability that I enjoyed in Amazing Mirror. Ice Sword is also awesome as well. I liked freezing my enemies with the ice sword and then kicking them across the screen. That's another thing I liked about ice Kirby. I use to love Angel Kirby back when I first played Kirby.

Alternative
June 23rd, 2011, 03:53 AM
Some kirby news now. :D

Nintendo are releasing a new channel (in Australia, anyway. Not sure if it's out in US/Europe yet) called Kirby TV. It's a channel where they bring out episodes of Kirby, Right Back At Ya! (星のカービィ, Hoshi no Kābī (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets), lit. "Kirby of the Stars") for showing. Episodes will come out every Monday and Thursday and will show until December 2011.

Source, as well as video (http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/whats-on-the-kirby-tv-channel)

What are your thoughts on this?

Otherworld9)
June 23rd, 2011, 06:22 AM

Nintendo are releasing a new channel (in Australia, anyway. Not sure if it's out in US/Europe yet) called Kirby TV. It's a channel where they bring out episodes of Kirby, Right Back At Ya! (星のカービィ, Hoshi no Kābī, lit. "Kirby of the Stars") for showing. Episodes will come out every Monday and Thursday and will show until December 2011.

Source, as well as video (http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/whats-on-the-kirby-tv-channel)

Well, for my little brothers and sisters that just adore these kind of shows, it would be a great help. As for me, I didn't have the chance to watch them in 4kids TV, so I can watch them now! I think it's alright in my opinion, pretty good.

NightOfRemorse
July 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM

Nintendo are releasing a new channel (in Australia, anyway. Not sure if it's out in US/Europe yet) called Kirby TV. It's a channel where they bring out episodes of Kirby, Right Back At Ya! (星のカービィ, Hoshi no Kābī (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets), lit. "Kirby of the Stars") for showing. Episodes will come out every Monday and Thursday and will show until December 2011.

I would love that, because I've only watched a few Japanese episodes that are on YouTube :3

Alternative
July 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
I started watching it last night because apparently I was late and had to start from episode 3. I like how they kept in Kirby's japanese "poyo" voice, but some of the other dubbing is kinda cool. King Dedede has a southern voice, which I thought was win. XD;

Otherworld9)
July 2nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
I started watching it last night because apparently I was late and had to start from episode 3. I like how they kept in Kirby's japanese "poyo" voice, but some of the other dubbing is kinda cool. King Dedede has a southern voice, which I thought was win. XD;

I thought the same too...or I still do. Since I hear dubbed mostly, the voices I liked dubbed was Meta Knight's, (in which, to me, I loved the spanish accent and spanish background music they gave him...so epic to me XD.)....mostly. I liked Kirby though, original voices there.

AshPikastar
July 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Sorry guys I've been busy. Interesting about the Kirby show. I might start watching it. -oh short post here sorry for that-

Otherworld9)
July 4th, 2011, 05:20 AM
http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/kirbys-dream-land.jpg
I thought Kirby was PINK. It was only a color mistake, or US color code, based on the game's blac- n white scale. It's actually pink......but I guess white is OK. After this game was invented, they were trying to think of a color Kirby would stick on. Pink got stuck though, since it was the original colors, and they couldn't decide. If you were chosen to have picked a color, would you have stuck with pink or another color?

AshPikastar
July 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah I remember seeing that a long time ago. Kirby use to be a small ghost or at least look like one instead of being pink.

If you were chosen to have picked a color, would you have stuck with pink or another color?

Hmmm, Blue, White, and Red Kirby are my favorite colors that I like to chose from the game so it's a hard choice for me to pick out of them but if I would really have to then it would have to be Blue Kirby. I love the light blue Kirby color and then the dark blue feet. Purple Kirby isn't that bad either.

Otherworld9)
July 6th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I would have gone with something inbetween. Any shade of blue is fine, and purple is a favorite of mine. My number one favorite Kirby color is shadow, where it's a dark grey skin and black shoes/feet. Too dark though, so if I were to choose a color, it would probably have been purple or blue.