PDA

View Full Version : [Pokemon vs. Pokemon Weekly Poll #1] Slowbro vs. Slowking

Miss Doronjo
April 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Allllllllllllright, tiiiiime to start the installment of the pokemon vs. pokemon weekly polls; with a Pokemon vs. Pokemon threaaaaaad. [Yeesh, I should stop repeatedly typing out the same letters and stating the obvious. :<] Now, these two pokemon are VERY similar!

...In fact they evolve from the same pokemon. So, in this poll, what would you prefer -- Slowbro, or Slowking?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ae/Spr_5b_080.png vs. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/25/199.png

Similarities:
~ Both are evolved from Slowpoke
~ Both stats equal 490
~ Both have a pink color scheme

Differences
~ Slowbro has a more Defense base stat
~ Slowking has a more Special Defense base stat
~ Slowbro evolves from Slowpoke at level 37
~ Slowking evolves from Slowpoke via trade with a Kings Rock

So, which do you prefer and why?

[Got any ideas for a Pokemon vs. Pokemon weekly poll for Pokemon General? Feel free to contact me, Miss Doronjo, via PM. Any type of comparison is accepted! It'll be chosen randomly by a super special awesome secret science and spooky invention though. (the ideas will be picked from a hat. ^___^)]

vaporeon7
April 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
I prefer Slowbro over Slowking because:

I don't have to trade to get it.
It doesn't have some deflated life saver thingy around its neck.
It lives up to its name "Slow"bro.
I loved Misty's Psyduck's conversation with it.
It's a better staller.
I like its appearance better.
I could use it in a challenge.

Owl
April 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Slowbro
-You don't need to waste any items on evolving it.
-It has a higher defense.
-Its better in battle.
-And I just like it more.

WriteThemWrong
April 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
Slowking for the awesome tophat. Would hate to sit behind him in a movie theater. Plus he talks.

King Gumball
April 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I like Slowking better for no particular reason. I like them both but Slowking.... just looks a bit better.

SmashBrony
April 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Competitivly, I'd use Slowbro because from what I understand, the top threats in 4th gen OU are physical attackers.

But Slowking will be more useful in 5th gen competitive battles...

Then, Slowbro vs. Slowking will depend on what threats you're more worried about.

Zeffy
April 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
Slowbro, because competitively Slowbro is better to use than Slowking. Design-wise, I'd go with Slowking.

PlatinumDude
April 4th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Slowking, because it talks in the 2nd movie. It also doesn't go "durr..." all the time.

Rionix
April 4th, 2011, 01:45 AM
One reason why i like slowking... Special Wall.. Other than that, i don't think i have any other use for him :P

Mr Cat Dog
April 4th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I've never considered either Slowpoke or Slowking when thinking of a potential team, but if I had to choose one, it'd definitely be Slowking. Most of my decision comes down to the cool Shellder hat, but from looking at movesets and the like, Slowking learns most of its good moves earlier, and has a higher Special Defense... which apparently means more to me than a physical Defense!

Timbjerr
April 4th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I've never really been fond of either. Starmie would happen to be my water/psychic of choice. XD

If I had to choose though, I'd go Slowbro. when Slowking lose the dopey look in his eyes, he lost what made his evolutionary family charming. Typical pretentious kingly behavior. XD

Blue
April 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I'm not much of a fan of any of them to be honest and I second Timbjerr, I also prefere Starmie as a Water/Psychic.

But I voted for Slowking because he's got a better apperance IMO.

Kip
April 4th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I voted Slowking.

Why? Because of this quote:

"Brrr... I could use pants..."

End Of. ^^

fenyx4
April 4th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Ugh...this is a bit hard to choose. >.< I'm going with Slowbro. You don't have to trade for it, and it's a bit more..."classic", I guess. Slowpoketail+Shellder = Slowbro! One of the first Pokemon formulas I learned. :D A shame that nothing like this is implemented in the games, though. I mean, at least require a Shellder in the party or something! It would actually be cool if the Shellder were "consumed" upon Slowpoke's evolution.

I voted Slowking.

Why? Because of this quote:

"Brrr... I could use pants..."

End Of. ^^

That quote is indeed awesome. Slowking's name also sounds a bit better as well. The collar frill and helmet shell thing are a little weird. It's evolution method is cool, though. And it's a bit...more quick-witted than its counterpart.

Astinus
April 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I much prefer Slowbro. While I raised one, and never raised a Slowking, I still kept a preference for Slowbro. Slowbro's easier to get when you don't have the option of trading easily. Also, Slowbro fits into my in-game playing style more.

Slowbro's also just "classic" for me. When it comes to thinking about Slowpoke's evolution, Slowbro is the one that comes to mind first, and fits its earlier form. Plus, the design fits the way I picture the evolution family better.

Misty Fan
April 5th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Slowbro because of it looks better imo and also becuase of it being a classic.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I'm tempted to say Slowking because of how he was portrayed in the movie lol :)

APokemonTrainer
April 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Slowbro.

1. He's an original.
2. I don't have to trade to obtain him.
3. His sprite and appearance in general are better. Slowking looks like a dumb clown.

Regeneration
April 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'll stick with Slowbro because I hate Pokemon that need to be traded in order to be evolved. ;-; Design wise though, I like Slowking.

jcsimpson
April 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'd chose Slowbro because of the better defense and not having stupid headgear.

Mr Mime
April 6th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I always thought Slowbro was cooler looking, i'd have to go with Slowbro.

danno 507
April 7th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Slobro! he's just so chill! xD

Fire Walker
April 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
These Pokémon are definately a lot alike and different than their counterpart. However, I like Slowbro a lot more than Slowking and here's why:

- Slowbro is a lot more convenient to access - at my age, not many people play Pokémon, let alone girls in my area, so trading is quite annoying. Not that it's too much of a struggle, but King's Rocks are not exactly the easiest objects to obtain either.
- Slowbro is a lot better looking in my opinion. I hope no one takes offense to this comment, but Slowking looks absolutely retarted. It has the worst sprite on the face of the planet, next to the Kricketot family.
- Slowbro turns out better during battles. I know this from experience. On my Rain Dance team, I tried using both. Slowbro went 5-2 in Shoddy Battles, while Slowking went 2-3. I honestly think that Slowbro is the better option of the two.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
April 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Slowking! Because his crown is awesome. 8D

tinq
April 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Slowbro, because he's, like, my bro.

o3o
April 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM
It's hard to choose between the two.

Normally, I'd say Slowbro, because I prefer its design and it's more easily obtained than Slowking, due to the fact you don't have to trade to obtain it. However, Slowking is just awesome, because he can talk.

Buuut ... I'm going with Slowbro.