PDA

View Full Version : [Battle Simulator] PC Tour Series: Standard [ended, winner is Vrai!]

awolffromspace
April 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM
To join, post your Pokémon Online username and your timezone!
[a id]what[/a id]WHAT'S THIS?In attempt to bring back some activity to the Battle Stadium, I will be hosting a series of tournaments that will each have a theme. These tournaments can test your team building skills, as well as battling! You don't have to be skilled in battling to join either, just have fun! At the end of this tournament series the winners of the most tournaments will receive a few [alink id=prizes]prizes[/alink id]. The amount of tournaments is undecided at the moment, since I have a lot of themes I would like to try. Additionally, this is somewhat of a test to see if Stadium is active enough for the rest of the events I am planning.

Basically, if you want to bring back activity to Stadium like it used to be, and to show that PC's battling community actually battles, participate. If you don't I will be a sad panda. So simply, very good.
[a id]theme[/a id]THE THEMETo start this off, the theme is simply just standard 5th generation Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi as in the tier; we'll be using Pokémon Online (http://pokemon-online.eu/)), and the tournament style is single-elimination! Which of course, follows the usual rules (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208985#standard).

Have any theme ideas you want to suggest? Private message me (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=109476) them if you want!

[a id]rules[/a id]RULES● All battles should be done on PC's Pokémon Online Server (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208985#server) if possible.● Please post the results of your battle in this thread.● Save the logs for your battles if the need for them ever arises.● No rematches will be given because of hax (luck).● No cheating.
[a id]prizes[/a id]PRIZES1st place may choose 3 Pokémon from TwilightBlade's shop (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86857), while 2nd place gets 2 Pokémon and 3rd place gets 1 Pokémon. I may consider making it more Pokémon, considering the size of this event. Remember, these prizes are for all of the tournaments in this series, not just this one.

EMBLEMSstandardhttp://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Wolflare/pctsstandard.png
For the 1st place winner of this tournament.

Below are the emblems that are given out at the end of the tournament series. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are all the averaged wins of each tournament (basically, the users who win the most tournaments will get these).

participanthttp://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Wolflare/pctspart.png

1st placehttp://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Wolflare/pcts1st.png

2nd placehttp://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Wolflare/pcts2nd.png

3rd placehttp://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Wolflare/pcts3rd.png

[a id]part[/a id]PARTICIPANTSUsername / PO Username / Timezone
1. Opposite Day / Oppowdon / GMT +1
2. Elvis Cheeseley / Elvis Cheeseley / GMT +1
3. Toujours / Toujours / GMT -5
4. .Aero / Aero / GMT -5
5. Nakuzami / Nakuzami / GMT -5
6. dragonomega / Dracon Ometeor / GMT 0
7. wonjoon0330 / Katsu / GMT -7
8. Vrai / vraikou / GMT -6
9. Precipice / Precipice / GMT 0
10. Lalapizzame / Farmer Bill, Lala, Oriental Eunuch, or Al Noodle / GMT -7
11. Karpman / Karpnoob / GMT -5
12. Regeneration / Regeneration or Teh Nub / GMT +5.5
13. Brewds567 / Brewdz / GMT -7

The deadline for joining is indefinite, but it will most likely be April 13th. Also, this list will increase once people start signing up.

[a id]rounds[/a id]ROUNDSROUND ONEOpposite Day vs Precipice
Lalapizzame vs Karpman
Nakuzami vs .Aero
Brewds567 vs wonjoon0330
Vrai vs Regeneration
dragonomega vs Elvis Cheeseley
Toujours has a bye

ROUND TWOPrecipice vs Elvis Cheeseley
Karpman vs Nakuzami
Vrai vs Toujours
wonjoon0330 has a bye

SEMI-FINALSElvis Cheeseley vs Vrai
Karpman vs wonjoon0330

FINALSVrai vs wonjoon0330

Winner is Vrai!

Opposite Day
April 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
ttly joining for the Joltik.

Elvis Cheeseley
April 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Count me in.Same username on PO.

Toujours
April 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'll try, username is still Toujours :3

Edit: US Eastern Time Zone! Mah bad

awolffromspace
April 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for joining! Post your timezones though, so everyone can finish their battles easier when I match them up. :<

.Aero
April 8th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'd like to join as well. My times is EST (-5:00 I believe). PO username you better know.

Sexy format too. :< I must learn the art of good color schemes.

Nakuzami
April 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hmm...I guess i'll join. Same username, Nakuzami. Time zone is Eastern Standard Time.

Naya Rivera
April 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'll join :x My PO username is Dracon Ometeor >:3

idk my timezone. /lol fail. D: London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Lisbon. D:

awolffromspace
April 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Updated!

idk my timezone. /lol fail. D: London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Lisbon. D:
Your timezone is probably GMT 0. ;P

TTC
April 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Perhaps in the future you guys could have a section of the tournament that plays with the gamecard? There are some of us who like to compete in that way but not PO, it might be worth a shot.

wonjoon0330
April 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'll join just cause I want a cool Participant Emblem! ^^

My PO name: Katsu

I'm in GMT-7 timezone!

Vrai
April 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Perhaps in the future you guys could have a section of the tournament that plays with the gamecard? There are some of us who like to compete in that route but not PO, it might be worth a shot.

Agreed. I mean, I don't play WiFi but neither you nor Aura can say that the casual half of that last tournament wasn't a success.

ALSO in.

VRAIKOU @ GMT -6

awolffromspace
April 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Okay, we're going to have emblems for the 1st place winners of each tournament! (If you're confused by the other emblems in the first post, that's for when we average up the wins of all the tournaments.) Here's the current one:

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Wolflare/pctsstandard.png

Perhaps in the future you guys could have a section of the tournament that plays with the gamecard? There are some of us who like to compete in that route but not PO, it might be worth a shot.
Yeah, I'm thinking of having a few for Wi-Fi as well, if the first one is successful.

Precipice
April 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
IN

Precipice @ Gmt. (london 25char)

Lalapizzame
April 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I have been implored by the gentleman from Virginia to engage in my fair share of battling, whether through the channels of the official tournaments or by the less forcible hand of an impetuous battler, and there are no parties who shall coerce me into appealing to the force of arms in an act of defense, only on a free initiative. As such, in stark contrast to my wishes for a retreat to the summer season for a withdrawal from retirement and as a response to that gentleman's steadfastness with regards to such affairs, I have decided to officially request that the capacity to be a tourney member be vested on my humble person as a temporary obligation and privilege, in the perpetual fear that the Virginian will endeavor to through attrition erode my stern resistance to such measures and the earnest hopes that he shall be appeased by my efforts to comply to his desires through this concession of trusted promise between two parties and others. Here I stand in sympathy with the principle of the right to abstain, but is it not equally righteous and fair were I to battle when the consequences are merely to be punitively put with the pitiable souls to whom no one tributes the grandness and proclamation of victory, instead of with the masculine heroes of splendor.

As the Virginian gentleman should know by now, I have several names for which I am held accountable:

Farmer Bill / Lala / Oriental Eunuch / Al Noodle

My household is located on the "West Coast", GMT should be -7 or something to that effect.

If I were to win third place or above I'd like to be compensated by forty pounds of butter, twenty pounds of coffee, and fifty pounds of the finest poultry and beef available to the West Coast.

Antebellum
April 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Sign me up, timezone is Eastern United States/La Paz, etc. Too lazy to find the actual GMT.

TTC
April 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of having a few for Wi-Fi as well, if the first one is successful.

Excellent, I hope you do. I definitely think card play has a competitive scene waiting to grow. It just needs to be given the opportunity.

Regeneration
April 11th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I know I'll be thrashed again... Never mind, I'll participate for the heck of it. XD; My PO username is Regeneration or Teh Nub. Timezone: GMT +5.5

wonjoon0330
April 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I hope least 4 more people joins before April 13th.

Brewds567
April 12th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I'm in (even though I'll probably get owned)

PO Username: Brewdz
I'm in GMT-7

awolffromspace
April 13th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Round one bracket is up!

Opposite Day vs Precipice
Lalapizzame vs Karpman
Nakuzami vs .Aero
Brewds567 vs wonjoon0330
Vrai vs Regeneration
dragonomega vs Elvis Cheeseley
Toujours has a bye

Good luck to everyone! Deadline is April 25. Be sure to contact your opponent to schedule a time to battle.

I hope least 4 more people joins before April 13th.
We probably won't get 16 users to join every tournament anyway, so I'll just give people byes.

.Aero
April 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Lost to Nakuzami. Kinda haxy, but oh well. Have a log if needed.

Nakuzami
April 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I won my battle against .Aero.

It was down to the last pokemon for each of us, but Hurricane blew his Scrafty away ;P

wonjoon0330
April 13th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Contacted my opponent Brewds567.

He seem to be on now so I'll try to battle him now.

Edit: He's not responding to me so I guess we'll battle some other day.

Naya Rivera
April 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Ah fudge :x I lost against Elvis. GG Bud. :3

Elvis Cheeseley
April 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ah fudge :x I lost against Elvis. GG Bud. :3

Won my 1st ever tourney battle.gg bro :)

awolffromspace
April 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Since Regeneration and Karpman are having timezone issues, I changed it so that Vrai is going to battle Regeneration and Karpman battles Lalapizzame (but Lala forfeited).

Vrai
April 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
...and along with that I also beat Regeneration. ;)

awolffromspace
April 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Just as a reminder to the remaining participants, be sure to get those battles done! Only two more days left, and once it reaches the deadline (April 21st) I'll kick out the most inactive member of the match up.

Vrai
April 19th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Just as a reminder to the remaining participants, be sure to get those battles done! Only two more days left, and once it reaches the deadline (April 21st) I'll kick out the most inactive member of the match up.

Oppo isn't getting back from his internet-less trip until Thursday. Will he still have time to complete it on that day or...?

awolffromspace
April 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Oppo isn't getting back from his internet-less trip until Thursday. Will he still have time to complete it on that day or...?
Oh, I'll extend it to April 25th then.

wonjoon0330
April 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Oh, I'll extend it to April 25th then.

That's awesome! Thank You!! :)

awolffromspace
April 23rd, 2011, 12:24 AM
Just because people are eager for the action! Ooo lala.

ROUND 2

Precipice vs Elvis Cheeseley
Karpman vs Nakuzami
Toujours vs Vrai
(whoever wins wonjoon0330 vs Brewds567) has a bye

Deadline is May 1.

By the way, the remaining gladiators still have up until April 25th to finish their fights.

wonjoon0330
April 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Just because people are eager for the action! Ooo lala.

ROUND 2

(whoever wins Opposite Day or Precipice) vs Elvis Cheeseley
Karpman vs Nakuzami
Toujours vs Vrai
(whoever wins wonjoon0330 vs Brewds567) has a bye

Deadline is May 1.

By the way, the remaining gladiators still have up until April 25th to finish their fights.

wow that's so awesome! Lucky for me and Brewds567! Thank You!! ^^

Vrai
April 24th, 2011, 05:09 AM
/runs to go contact Toujours

Precipice
April 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I beat oppo in an incredibly haxy match which was terrible both ways, although by the end I had probably more than made up for the hax done to me. GG oppo :<

wonjoon0330
April 25th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I'm really sorry, me and Brewds567 been trying to battle for a while and despite being in same timezone(actually I found out that I was hour ahead of him according to Brewds567), we wasn't able to battle.

We're going to battle today for sure but it turned out that Brewds567's computer broke down and we won't be able to battle till tomorrow.

So I guess at this point, I'm fine with you deciding the winner by coin toss or if possible, would you be able to extend the deadline for us(since winner of our match gets bye anyway)? That would be really great.

awolffromspace
April 25th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I'm really sorry, me and Brewds567 been trying to battle for a while and despite being in same timezone(actually I found out that I was hour ahead of him according to Brewds567), we wasn't able to battle.

We're going to battle today for sure but it turned out that Brewds567's computer broke down and we won't be able to battle till tomorrow.

So I guess at this point, I'm fine with you deciding the winner by coin toss or if possible, would you be able to extend the deadline for us(since winner of our match gets bye anyway)? That would be really great.
Sure that's fine, you have until May 1 to get your battle done since one of you is getting a bye.

wonjoon0330
April 25th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Sure that's fine, you have until May 1 to get your battle done since one of you is getting a bye.

Thank You so much Wolflare!! ^^

Toujours
April 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
After a very close battle that ended in a Jirachi/Milotic stallfest (Wish/Recover/Wish/Recover/Wish/Recover), Vrai beat me. Gg :3

wonjoon0330
April 27th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Looks like Brewds567 will be out for three days.

We'll definitely battle on April 30 or if not, May 1 for sure!

Antebellum
April 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Beat Nakuzami, 4-0. Good luck to all of the other participants.

Nakuzami
April 27th, 2011, 06:14 PM
As stated above, failed miserably against Karpman. Guess that's what I get for testing a new team during a tournament battle X3

wonjoon0330
April 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Beat Brewds567 by 6-0, GG!

Brewds567
April 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I really did terrible like, woonjoon0330 said above.

wonjoon0330
April 30th, 2011, 06:46 PM
The game was actually pretty close.
Brewds567 was winning the match and he had many of my Pokemon crippled.
He just made one big mistake and I took advantage of it, that's how I won.

Precipice
May 1st, 2011, 03:10 AM
havent heard back from cheesely

Elvis Cheeseley
May 1st, 2011, 09:13 AM
havent heard back from cheesely

Well now you do :P
Sorry for not being able to be on PO recently.I'll try to do my battle today,but might need moar extensions...

EDIT:

Beat Precipice.gg

awolffromspace
May 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for finishing your battles on time everyone!

ROUND 3

Elvis Cheeseley vs Vrai
Karpman vs wonjoon0330

Deadline is May 8.

Good luck!

wonjoon0330
May 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Contacted my opponent Karpman.

Edit: Beat Karpman by 1-2. Score was 1-2 because Karpman decided to forfeit the match.

awolffromspace
May 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Vrai told me he got his battle done, so the deadline for the finals is May 11! Which is Vrai vs wonjoon0330.

wonjoon0330
May 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Contacted my opponent Vrai.

Edit: He log out so I guess we'll battle tomorrow.

Edit 2: Nevermind, he's back so we'll battle now.

Edit 3: Lost to Vrai by 4-0, GG!

Vrai
May 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I defeated wonjoon. GG, buddy.

wonjoon0330
May 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Congratulations again Vrai for winning the tournament and getting awesome emblem! XD

I can't wait till I get my participant emblem, it's going to be my first and last emblem! XP

awolffromspace
May 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Congrats to Vrai for winning this tournament! And thanks to everyone who made this tour successful, surprised me. Just so everyone knows, emblems are going to be given out (including the participant emblem) once the tour series ends, so I don't bug the admins by asking them to upload a emblem each time a tour ends.

Anyway, I'll post the next tournament tomorrow, when I decide which theme I should do. Hope to see you guys join the next one!

awolffromspace
May 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Congrats to Vrai for winning this tournament! And thanks to everyone who made this tour successful, surprised me. Just so everyone knows, emblems are going to be given out (including the participant emblem) once the tour series ends, so I don't bug the admins by asking them to upload a emblem each time a tour ends.

Anyway, I'll post the next tournament tomorrow, when I decide which theme I should do. Hope to see you guys join the next one!

Dark Azelf
May 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Grats, but i shall colonize and actually participate in the next tourney. :]]]]

Also Peties router crashed so server should be back up in a few days.

Toujours
May 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Sucked being knocked out in the first round I actually played in, but I have no problem with it if I was battling the person that ended up winning xD Was fun.

Vrai
May 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Grats, but i shall colonize and actually participate in the next tourney. :]]]]

Also Peties router crashed so server should be back up in a few days.

...there goes everyone's chance of winning. :(

Can I call second? ;;

Dark Azelf
May 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
...there goes everyone's chance of winning. :(

Can I call second? ;;

/v/TiqO2h9hFJA

Ill colonize said tourney and take it over. ;D You may be France.

Also i guess we could do tourney battles on an another server, unless wolf wants to wait until ours is back to start it.

TTC
May 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Or you guys could always do a wifi tourney, if the server is down. ;)