PDA

View Full Version : Trying My Hand At Chaining, Any Requests?

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Hello all!

I have been working on chaining shinies since last night and I've gotten a chain of 30 on a murkrow. Im so excited that I'm getting so close! I am out of school for the next two weeks and I would like to know if anyone wants me to chain them certain shinies in particular. In return I am looking for shiny legendaries/legendaries,event pokemon, japanese ditto (for starters) shiny butterfree (because I don't have fire red at the moment) and any shiny 5th gen pokemon. I have BW as well as DPtHGSS. Also I have ruby, sapphire, emerald, leaf green (and I have fire red but my brother took it to Missouri with him so I won't have access to it for another two weeks) so you can have any chained pokemon that I can get access to through GBA insertion.

I only believe in respectable pokemon playing. Therefore, all pokemon I trade to you are legit, so I expect the same in return. Please no hacked pokemon, thank you!

You may post here or PM me for a faster reply. My diamond FC (which I will be using to chain my shinies) is 3095 3869 2816 and my name is Paige ;D

Im Gay
April 10th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Hey there, could you chain me an abra? (I have WAAAAYYY to small of an attention span to chain) :D I'm using pearl btw :D

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 07:00 AM
sure I'll try to chain you an abra! Theyre quite difficult to chain due to teleport however I'll do my best!

Im Gay
April 10th, 2011, 07:01 AM
sure I'll try to chain you an abra! Theyre quite difficult to chain due to teleport however I'll do my best!

I can give you a wobbufet (ability prevents teleport) if you want?

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
that would be great! Whats your FC?

Im Gay
April 10th, 2011, 07:04 AM
that would be great! Whats your FC?

0260-9643-0568, I need it back eventually though, k? :D

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 07:06 AM
0260-9643-0568, I need it back eventually though, k? :D

I'll give it back when I give you your abra! :]

Im Gay
April 10th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I'll give it back when I give you your abra! :]

alright :D i'm going into wifi now, cya there! :D

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 07:11 AM
thank you! Do you mind if i train your wobbufet so i can OHKO the abras that arent shiny?

Im Gay
April 10th, 2011, 07:12 AM
thank you! Do you mind if i train your wobbufet so i can OHKO the abras that arent shiny?

yeah I don't really care, you can do whatever you like with it, I have never used it on this game, I imported it from emerald, then never used it lol. :D Oh and can you catch the abra in either a regular pokeball, premier ball, or a masterball? I can provide the masterball if necessary.

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 07:13 AM
haha alright! want a PM when I get your abra?

Im Gay
April 10th, 2011, 07:18 AM
haha alright! want a PM when I get your abra?

Yes please :D thanks. filllllllllllllllllllllllllller

RHCP
April 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Wow... If you could chain me a Shiny Mareep (Available at Valley Windworks) I would be forever grateful! x33

I can offer any two Pokemon from here;

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6566887#post6566887

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I can chain you a shiny mareep! Of course:) I will send you a PM when I have him/her. I would like the shaymin and latios. If that is okay with you :O otherwise just the shaymin.

beanzy100000
April 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I would LOVE a shiny eevee! (preferably female if possible)

DemureGirl
April 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I was actually about to start chaining eevees! I'll get you one:) No promises about female but I can promise that I'll try!

beanzy100000
April 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
awesome, thanks :D
I just LOVE shiny umbreon, the blue bands are so magical XD

on generation V by the way! :S

on generation V by the way! :S

Larq
April 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I've been looking for a chainer for a while now! If you think you could get one, I'd love a shiny Poochyena or Aron. I even have a Japanese ditto I can give you in return. Oh- I'd like to nickname the whichever pokemon you're able to obtain also, if that's alright.

beanzy100000
April 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Out of curiousity, how do you breed pokemon to make them shiny?

DemureGirl
April 11th, 2011, 06:30 AM
@Beanzy100000

I can transfer a shiny eevee to my black when I chain it on diamond. Also, when you breed a pokemon, the egg has a 1 in 8191 odds of being a shiny. Also, just like battles, it ALWAYS has the odds of 1:8191. Doesn't mean after 8191 eggs you're going to get a shiny. The odds are always 1:8191. However, if you breed a pokemon from, say America, with a foreign pokemon of the same breeding group it cuts it down to about 1:2048. Which is a heck of a lot higher than 1:8191. Which is why japanese dittos are so important and you see a lot of requests for them (or at least I have) because they can breed with anything excluding legendaries. Hope this helped:)

@Larq

I can get you a shiny aron :D I don't chain all day everyday though and I'm doing people who asked first, first. So it might take awhile! However, my first shiny took me around an hour so it shouldn't be TOO long ;D

Also, Larq,

you can nickname it! Just let me know what you wanna nickname it and I will.

Also, Larq,

you can nickname it! Just let me know what you wanna nickname it and I will.

beanzy100000
April 11th, 2011, 07:41 AM
So shinies dont breed to make shinies?

Ashberto7
April 11th, 2011, 07:45 AM
No the chances would be exactly the same.

Larq
April 11th, 2011, 07:55 AM
:D You're awesome! Thank you so, so much.
And congrats on getting your first shiny via chaining! I tried doing it so many times, and always ended up messing it up. It takes a lot of patience to do that.

Shut Up Tyranitar
April 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
So shinies dont breed to make shinies?

I only wish it was that simple. The only way to increase your chances of hating a shiny Pokemon in an egg is the 'Matsuda Method', where you use a Japanese Ditto.

beanzy100000
April 11th, 2011, 11:50 AM
urgh... it just gets harder and harder.
what's chaining then?

DemureGirl
April 13th, 2011, 09:05 AM
@Beanzy100000

Chaining is where you use the pokeradar (DPt) to chain pokemon and have a higher chance of getting shinies. It is very complicated and took me awhile to understand :P You can find a lot of information on it including how-to tutorials by using serebii, bulbapedia, smogon, youtube (for how-to videos. There are a lot), wiki.answers, ehow, and a lot of other sites. Just search "How to Chain for Shinies" on google. It will come up with videos and websites. Ignore if they say "How to chain for Shinies on Platinum/Diamond/Pearl" because they are all the same method. If you have any further questions regarding shiny pokemon feel free to PM me about it:)

jle1076
April 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
chaining is easy, the fact people want IVs with shinies now kinda made chaining pointless

PokéSwimmer
April 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
chaining is easy, the fact people want IVs with shinies now kinda made chaining pointless

Just because there is less demand for it does not mean it is pointless. Not everyone is interested in only Pokémon with good IVs.

@DemureGirl: That being said, I'd love it if you could chain me a shiny Ditto. I could RNG breed a Shiny Caterpie for you in return. I've never had the patience for chaining :P.

jle1076
April 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
If you can RNG for SHinies why dont you RNG for IVs?

beanzy100000
April 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
i cant even chain :/
I got a chain of 11 bidoof, 7 roselia and 5 starly's but that's it :/