View Full Version : The bonds between trainer and pokemon

Miss Doronjo
April 10th, 2011, 6:38 PM
Kind of a predictable thread, but, how far would you say the bond between a pokemon trainer, and a pokemon can go to? Externally and Internally. Any theories you would like to share?

For example, does it go to an extent on where if a trainer would pass away, would the pokemon pass away as well? What do you think?

April 10th, 2011, 6:43 PM
Depends on the trainer. You could have people like Ash that would literally die for their pokemons safety. Then you have people like Paul who abuse their pokemon and think of them as tools. And discard the ones that see as weak. Some trainers see them as life companions, because in pokemon world pokemon revolve around their life so the pokemon are family too them just as much as humans.

Inb4 Human x Pokemon Shipping -_-.

April 11th, 2011, 1:41 AM
Agreeing with Kenshin here. Most Pokemon want to become your friends, not tools to be used.

Mr Cat Dog
April 11th, 2011, 4:43 AM
Not to diminish the hypothetical relationship, but I've always thought it as a really good human-pet symbiotic stance. Obviously, the Pokemon are slightly more sentient than pets so are capable of not only receiving a wider variety of emotions than 'Sit!' and 'Roll over!' but of giving them as well. It depends on the individual trainer, but I think the best relationships will have similar qualities to that of a really good pet owner.

April 11th, 2011, 9:24 PM
Interestingly enough, inside Mount Pyre, there's a black belt that actually refers to a Pokémon buried there as his master, implying that certain Pokémon can train humans in much the same way a human trainer would train a humanoid Pokémon off their own skill (after all, it has been said that human ninjas were the people who developed the technique to teach Pokémon the move Toxic). Now how such a relationship would actually play out, I would not know.