PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter // Fan Club

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shining Raichu
April 11th, 2011, 02:49 AM
[css-div="width: 900px; height: 100%; border: 1px black solid;"][css-div="background-color: #000000; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/3wueg.png'); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; color: #EEEBE2"]

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8096&pictureid=64514

The Invitation

Dear PokeCommunity Member,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Hogwarts Rules

All International Wizarding Laws apply.

No duelling with fellow students (outside of class).

The third floor corridor is out of bounds for those who do not wish to die a most painful death.

If you have any questions or concerns, send me an owl. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=252181)

The Sorting

[css-div="text-align: center; display: block; font-size: 36px; letter-spacing: 10px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px black; color: #D70303; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;"][css-div="margin-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px;"]Gryffindor[/css-div][/css-div]
RubyJB88
Mew~
Felly
miley810
The Eagle
dragon456
Hiiro
Chantelle
Daniel Evans
Laugh
LilJz1234
Gym Leader Rozu

[css-div="text-align: center; display: block; font-size: 36px; letter-spacing: 10px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px black; color: #0031E9; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;"][css-div="margin-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px;"]Ravenclaw[/css-div][/css-div]
Lightning
mzmingle
Miss Doronjo
BlooMilk C.
~Ryukaa
Evanlyn
Zeroblivion
Pave Low
Impo
Xyrin
Shining Raichu
Truality
Rocket Grunt Cali
Diamond1304
~Kawaii~
Katniss Everdeen
Zeffy
Zayphora
NeoPsychedelia
GolurkIsDaBomb
DiamondBlueMoon
Za_Destroyer
Totodilesteel99

[css-div="text-align: center; display: block; font-size: 36px; letter-spacing: 10px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px black; color: #FECC1F; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;"][css-div="margin-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px;"]Hufflepuff[/css-div][/css-div]
Murasaki_Paz28
Fireworks
Zaspien
atif
kagan2
Codj
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Sakura Rain
TheSmartOne
thisguy647
Altomare

[css-div="text-align: center; display: block; font-size: 36px; letter-spacing: 10px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px black; color: #00A226; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;"][css-div="margin-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px;"]Slytherin[/css-div][/css-div]
Charizard★
Ambellina
Seungri
Jorah
hahaiamchris
JalordaSerpent7
Exzessiva
SwiftSign

[css-div="text-align: center; display: block; font-size: 36px; letter-spacing: 10px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px black; color: #AAAAAA; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;"][css-div="margin-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px;"]Muggles[/css-div][/css-div]
Patchisou Yutohru
Alternative
Pachy
Barrels

How to Enrol

Didn't get an acceptance letter? Not a problem! You might be a little late to class, but if you wish to attend Hogwarts all you have to do is fill out this little form below!
What house would you like to be in?:
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): <ignore if you have no idea>
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...:

Have fun! And do try to stay out of the Forbidden Forest.

Amazing header by Barrels (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=301655)
House name CSS stolen from Abnegation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=143209) without his permission or knowledge.
Club originally owned by Zeffy (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=zeffy)
[/css-div][/css-div]
[css-div=display:none;](Lightning's Note: This is your joining post. :B)

I've been avoiding joining this club for a while now because I really dislike being a late-comer to anything, but I figure the more I put it off the later I'll be, and it is an inevitability that I be here. So! Without further ado!

Name: Andrew
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description: Dragon heartstring core, don't care about the rest.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: ...Yellow.

I got into Pottermore a few days ago. My name is GoldHeart78, which I chose because the other choices were crap and this one looked kinda like Heart Gold which would cater to both my Harry Potter and Pokemon fandoms at once lol[/css-div]

Aquacorde
April 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Ohh, pretty formatting and a new club!

Name: Anna
What house are you in?: Hufflepuff
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort, of course.
Describe your wand: Eight inches, White Oak and Unicorn tail hair

Are you excited to see the finale movie of Harry Potter? What scenes are you excited the most? Will you be disappointed if those scenes aren't included?
Quite excited, though I have yet to see Part 1. I don't know of any specific scenes I am hoping for, but all I can say is they better do a damn good job.

Hermione Granger
April 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm glad you liked it! Its still going to change, though. Welcome to the club~!

And as for the topic, I'm very excited to see the movie. There's one particular scene that I'd like to see and I would be very disappointed if they altered/didn't include that scene.

Oh, and I've just finished rereading through Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows. Something to keep me satisfied while waiting, eh?

Aquacorde
April 13th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Indeed. I've been meaning to re-read Deathly Hallows, but I get a bit deterred by the boring months of camping that I know are in there. -_-; The book is actually not one of my preferred, even disregarding the EPILOGUE OF DOOM.

RubyJB88
April 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Name: JB
What house are you in?: Gryffindor
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort
Describe your wand: Blackthorn, 12¾", Dragon heartstring

Are you excited to see the finale movie of Harry Potter? What scenes are you excited the most? Will you be disappointed if those scenes aren't included?

I was pretty happy with how Part 1 turned out. Apart from the final showdown, I'm mostly excited to see Snape's scenes. There'll be disappointment everywhere but we're pretty much used to that by now, aren't we?

Owl
April 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Name: Nature
What house are you in?: Slytherin
Describe your wand: 10" hawthorn wood, with a dragon scale core.

I've never seen the Deathly Hallows, I plan on seeing it sometimes soon tho, I'm not sure when :3

Hermione Granger
April 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Name: JB
Describe your wand: Blackthorn, 12¾", Dragon heartstring

I was pretty happy with how Part 1 turned out. Apart from the final showdown, I'm mostly excited to see Snape's scenes. There'll be disappointment everywhere but we're pretty much used to that by now, aren't we?
I was disappointed at some scenes in Part 1 tbh, and all of the others. Especially disappointed for them not showing "crazy Ron" in Order of the Phoenix. xP
Name: Nature
Describe your wand: 10" hawthorn wood, with a dragon scale core.

I've never seen the Deathly Hallows, I plan on seeing it sometimes soon tho, I'm not sure when :3
You should. There are some parts that are a bore, but after that its all back into action. :D

~~Btw, if the first post looks messy don't worry. I'm going to fix it a bit later.

Cherrim
April 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Name: Erica
Who killed our parents?: Voldy 8)
Describe your wand: ummmmmmm pointy. Omg if I had a wand IRL I would NEVER remember what was in it or what it was made of if anyone asked. DD:

I AM SO SCARED TO SEE THE FINAL MOVIE. It's like... after that, the series is over. That's it. No more new stuff to look forward to. D: I have no specific scenes in mind or anything but nnnggh the end. I'm gonna sob like the whole way through.

Ambellina
April 13th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Name: Ambellina
Who killed our parents?: No one..?
Describe your wand: 9" willow Veela hair.

I'm excited but scared for the final part. Snape is my favorite character & I'm going to burst into tears.

Hermione Granger
April 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Name: Erica
Who killed our parents?: Voldy 8)
Describe your wand: ummmmmmm pointy. Omg if I had a wand IRL I would NEVER remember what was in it or what it was made of if anyone asked. DD:

I AM SO SCARED TO SEE THE FINAL MOVIE. It's like... after that, the series is over. That's it. No more new stuff to look forward to. D: I have no specific scenes in mind or anything but nnnggh the end. I'm gonna sob like the whole way through.
Hi there fellow Ravenclaw! |D

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm gonna burst into tears after I see the movie. I just wish there were new stuff. I want to know what happens to Albus Severus! xP
Name: Ambellina
Who killed our parents?: No one..?
Describe your wand: 9" willow Veela hair.

I'm excited but scared for the final part. Snape is my favorite character & I'm going to burst into tears.
I was always a fan of Snape. I was like "NUUUUUUU DON'T ITS NOT HIM" when I was reading the first book. xD

Cherrim
April 13th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I am actually A-OK pretending Albus Severus does not exist and does not have to live with the shame of having such a weird name. XD;

Hermione Granger
April 13th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I am actually A-OK pretending Albus Severus does not exist and does not have to live with the shame of having such a weird name. XD;
At least his name isn't as long as Dumbledore's. But then again, Dumbledore's whole name is very cool. 8D

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore!

mzmingle
April 14th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Name: Izzy
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw of course!
Who killed our parents?: You know who--okay, Voldemort.
Describe your wand:...10" Dragon scale and...Birch? I dunno.

I haven't watched the last one, tbh i'm only reading the fourth book and watching the second :\

Aquacorde
April 14th, 2011, 07:32 AM
The Epilogue of Doom is not canon. I have decided this. It is a part of a fanfiction that JKR wrote for her own series and accidentally substituted for the actual epilogue.

Ambellina
April 14th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Haha! I can agree with that. It's a shame the series is ending but in all honesty, I cant see her picking the story back up & it being a great read

Aquacorde
April 14th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I agree with that. But then again, no matter what she does, fan will complain. Write no more HP? Complaints ensue. Write more HP? "The original was better." Write a spinoff series in HP-verse? "What the hell was she thinking?"

If she does pick it up again though, I shall read it for the sake of such a thing. And probably complain.
But no matter what she does, it's gonna be better than half the crap out there today.

Hermione Granger
April 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
If she'd write a new HP book, a spin off or something, I'd still read it. I wouldn't care about all the haters there. If you're a true HP fan, you'd never complain. Well, maybe just a bit. xD

Aquacorde
April 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM
True HP fans would complain, read it anyway, complain some more, then defend it when anyone else tries to complain.

Murasaki_Paz28
April 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Name: Murasaki_Paz28
House: Hufflepuff
Killed parentz: Voldemort
Wand: 8 inches,, with pixy dust :)

I am super excited about the movie,, i cant wait to watch it,, i havnt read that far into the bookz so i have no clue of what expect and that makez it even more exciting :)

Owl
April 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
You should finish up the book series, in my opinion they're pretty much better than the movies! I need to get a new SS book, seeing as the one I have is so old it's falling apart :/

Murasaki_Paz28
April 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Yea i will finish the seriez,, i jus want to watch the movie first so when i go back to the book,, theyll still be some fills that waznt seen in the movie and itll still be fun reading it. Yea moviez dont alwayz potray bookz perfectly but I love the Harry Potter moviez so itz ok.

Owl
April 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Yea i will finish the seriez,, i jus want to watch the movie first so when i go back to the book,, theyll still be some fills that waznt seen in the movie and itll still be fun reading it. Yea moviez dont alwayz potray bookz perfectly but I love the Harry Potter moviez so itz ok.
Which book are you on? :o I don't want to say anything that might spoil it for you.

So my sister just came home with the movie, guess what I'm going to be watching this weekend! ;)

Aquacorde
April 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I've got 2 amateurly repaired copies of SS, CoS, and PoA. I actually completely destroyed my first copy of PoA (hardcover, too!). My copy of GoF is the second, as is OotP.
Really the only ones that aren't falling apart/lost are the ones that I got when I was getting into Discworld- i.e, I wasn't reading Harry Potter over and over again. ^^;

Books over movies, dear. Always. Especially in this case.

Miss Doronjo
April 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Name: Miss Doronjo
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort. :< [HE ALSO STOLE MY OREOS. >:]
Describe your wand: About 7 inches, made out of fine wood, coated black with a blue handle.

I can't wait for the finale movie. ^___^

Crimson5M
April 14th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Name: Marc
Who killed our parents?: Neville
Describe your wand: 12 inches

Imo the books are better. Especially considering HBP had so much important stuff taken out of it, and pointless stuff added (The Burrow on fire?).
Anyway, got the DVD for DH part 1 today. Going to watch it tomorrow :)

BlooMilk C.
April 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Name: BlooMilk C.
Who killed our parents?: Bellatrix Lestrange I am Rebecca Black's son
Describe your wand: 10 inches

The books are a little better than the movies. I can't wait for the next movie, but I should finish the book first.

Aquacorde
April 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
THEY BURNED THE BURROW! /rages
/has been raging about this since she saw the movie

I was more miffed at the PoA adaption. Whomping Willow being pretty to indicate seasonal change and foreshadow things. No Marauder backstory.

RAGE

Edit: Ohey, Bloo and Shawn! And Fireworks (though I don't really know you).

BlooMilk C.
April 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM
THEY BURNED THE BURROW! /rages
/has been raging about this since she saw the movie
Edit: Ohey, Bloo and Shawn! And Fireworks (though I don't really know you).
SO I HERD U NO USE [SPOILER] tags

Hi Anna.

THEY ALMOST KILLED MY RONNIE T___T

NO

Crimson5M
April 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
And they changed the beginning of it too. The part where Dumbledore annoys the crap out of the Dursleys and tells them to treat Harry better. And Slughorn looked nothing like his description in the book :(
But yeah the rest was all right.

Miss Doronjo
April 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
The books are obviously waaaay better than the movies. =(
Books are waaaay better than movies in general, IMO!

I just wonder how the actual movie plays out. =)

BlooMilk C.
April 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
And they changed the beginning of it too. The part where Dumbledore annoys the crap out of the Dursleys and tells them to treat Harry better. And Slughorn looked nothing like his description in the book :(
But yeah the rest was all right.
I thought that would be a very good part to include. I liked it because they abuse him, seriously, it's not right to starve a child in a cupboard :(

Hermione Granger
April 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I started liking Harry Potter because of the movies but I like the books waaay better. Oh and I'm going to add those users who joined later. I'm going to fix the first post's look. Finally.

EDIT: First post updated. Also read about the "House Cup" thing on the OP. And I'm also looking for a Co-owner and one teacher from each house. :D

RubyJB88
April 15th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I was disappointed at some scenes in Part 1 tbh, and all of the others. Especially disappointed for them not showing "crazy Ron" in Order of the Phoenix. xP

Eh, yeah but mostly all movies have omitted good scenes like those.

Hermione Granger
April 15th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Eh, yeah but mostly all movies have omitted good scenes like those.
It must've been great seeing Ron being attacked by a brain, don't you think?

RubyJB88
April 15th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Pretty much agreed with what you and TheSmartOne were saying in the last page.

I've got 2 amateurly repaired copies of SS, CoS, and PoA. I actually completely destroyed my first copy of PoA (hardcover, too!). My copy of GoF is the second, as is OotP.

I bought a second PS/SS (the first was a paperback), since the rest of the books were all hardcover. I think either CoS or PoA had their spines' glue peeling off. Or maybe the same case is happening to the latter as I speak…o.O

I was more miffed at the PoA adaption. Whomping Willow being pretty to indicate seasonal change and foreshadow things. No Marauder backstory.

I actually liked how the actors portrayed themselves in the movie. They felt more like teenagers than special "wizarding" people and I appreciated that. The director did a good job in that sense, but the rest of the stuff felt the same as the other movies.

Especially considering HBP had so much important stuff taken out of it, and pointless stuff added (The Burrow on fire?).

More action than dialogue. That's what the audience wants.

And Slughorn looked nothing like his description in the book

Same with Moody. What what the heck happened to Flitwick?? I was originally upset with how Snape turned out looking, but the actor does such a fantastic job that I don't care about how he looks anymore.

It must've been great seeing Ron being attacked by a brain, don't you think?

That scene was intense. I wish they showed that in the movie. Being touched by those brains was not a cool sight.

Hermione Granger
April 15th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Same with Moody. What what the heck happened to Flitwick?? I was originally upset with how Snape turned out looking, but the actor does such a fantastic job that I don't care about how he looks anymore.

Its not really that easy looking for actors that looks like what they described in the book. Make up does the job but it fails most of the time.

Aquacorde
April 15th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Oh, Alan Rickman~ <3

Its not really that easy looking for actors that looks like what they described in the book. Make up does the job but it fails most of the time.
That's what auditions and such are for though. I mean, they got Dan, Rupert, and Emma, who even normally look(ed) very much like their characters. Why not other people? :/

Murasaki_Paz28
April 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Which book are you on? :o I don't want to say anything that might spoil it for you.

So my sister just came home with the movie, guess what I'm going to be watching this weekend! ;)

Well im a slow reader so im still on the 4th one,, almost done with it and heading towardz the fifth :) I wanna watch the movie,, my bro haz got to buy it NOW !!!! :D

Hermione Granger
April 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Well im a slow reader so im still on the 4th one,, almost done with it and heading towardz the fifth :) I wanna watch the movie,, my bro haz got to buy it NOW !!!! :D
You should go finish that and read the fifth book. You're missing on all the Luna Lovegood goodness. x3

Ambellina
April 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lunaaaaaa! She's so quirky but so very adorebale <3 she's a favorite of mine

BlooMilk C.
April 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Lunaaaaaa! She's so quirky but so very adorebale <3 she's a favorite of mine
She's a bit weird, so she's exactly like me :3.

"There are these little things that climb into your ears and make your brain go fuzzy..." Yeah, no.

I think that Tom Felton is a perfect Draco Malfoy, by the way.

Hermione Granger
April 17th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I didn't care about how they described the characters on the book, even if they didn't look much like it in the movies. I did know though the Rowling herself talked to Evanna Lynch and marked her as "perfect" for the role of Luna Lovegood. x3

BlooMilk C.
April 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I didn't care about how they described the characters on the book, even if they didn't look much like it in the movies. I did know though the Rowling herself talked to Evanna Lynch and marked her as "perfect" for the role of Luna Lovegood. x3
Well, if the author says it, it's the truth.

I don't really care about the appearance of characters in movies as opposed to described in books in general, because I'm not very good at imagining character's appearances anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me :/

Aquacorde
April 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
My only real issue with the main cast is how they've grown up to be. Not to hate on them, but... Dan Radcliffe looks like a butch woman, Emma Watson is wayyy too perfect, and Neville (while rather sexy) did not grow up to be how I imagined Neville.

Hermione Granger
April 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Well you can't stop humans to change. Nothing is permanent except change. Why does the description bother you too much though? I'd rather take a look at how good they act it, and they did quite a good job at that if you ask me.

And another topic I'd like to bring up, did you support any pairings of the characters? I personally was a Harry x Hermione fan right off the bat. I was saddened that they didn't end up together.

Aquacorde
April 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Myahh they don't act it to wonderfully either.

I support Dean x Seamus. |D

Cherrim
April 17th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I never really shipped much. :( My friends ship stuff like WHOA and I mostly just followed along with that for fun.

But honestly I never shipped any of the main trio (Harry, Ron, Hermione) since I felt it kinda cheapened their relationship and... idk, I don't think Rowling was that good at actually writing relationships because they ALL felt so stale in the books. xD; Especially Harry/Ginny which came out of nowhere and never made any sense to me uugggh.

I was really disappointed that Harry actually settled down and had kids in the end though. D: He always seemed liek the type who wouldn't be able to sit still for long--always traveling, defeating evil, visiting people he's met from all over, etc. The idea of him just settling down is still foreign to me haha.

Mew~
April 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I MUST JOINNN!!!

Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Vine, 10¾", dragon heartstring
We solemnly swear that we are up to... no good.

Hes apparently Head of the Auror office now though isn't he? So hes not just going to be sitting around doing nothing whilst his children are at hogwarts. :P

Hermione Granger
April 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM
He is an Auror, so is Ron. But I wish they tell his adventures as being an auror. You know, a spin-off or something?

Aquacorde
April 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I don't think being an Auror would be very interesting in such a peaceful time. :<

RubyJB88
April 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Oh, Alan Rickman~ <3

I mean, they got Dan, Rupert, and Emma, who even normally look(ed) very much like their characters. Why not other people? :/

Dan Radcliffe looks like a butch woman, Emma Watson is wayyy too perfect, and Neville (while rather sexy) did not grow up to be how I imagined Neville.

Yes. 'Nuff said. XD

I like Tom Felton more now than I did before. He's such a nice guy.

He looks pretty sharp in other movies. Not a bad guy either, but I didn't like how he was getting all the love and Rupert Grint wasn't sharing that spotlight with him. I think he was really ignored in the middle of these films (prior to Movie 5).

Luna Lovegood was pretty unique. It was a pet peeve of mine to see her and Harry get together. They looked so adorable during the Slug Christmas party. And the way she was so excited to be going with Harry because she was pretty much a loner. Made me feel sorry for her. :/

I personally was a Harry x Hermione fan right off the bat. I was saddened that they didn't end up together.

Ah, really? :/ I suppose Harry and Ginny is okay (but I just find it too similar to James and Lily which is why I was not wholly supportive of this ship) Definitely was a Harry x Luna fan.

He is an Auror, so is Ron. But I wish they tell his adventures as being an auror. You know, a spin-off or something?

Isn't the the life of an Auror like being a government law enforcement agent in the real world? Nothing much to do there other than tracking down fugitives.

idk, I don't think Rowling was that good at actually writing relationships because they ALL felt so stale in the books. xD; Especially Harry/Ginny which came out of nowhere and never made any sense to me uugggh.

I was really disappointed that Harry actually settled down and had kids in the end though. D: He always seemed liek the type who wouldn't be able to sit still for long--always traveling, defeating evil, visiting people he's met from all over, etc. The idea of him just settling down is still foreign to me haha.

Aah…may have to disagree with you there. There were definitely a lot of hints you could call real solid canon (unlike canon you hear or see from the Pokemon anime). She was very careful in her choice of words, and the smarter readers picked up on that.

Well if you do think about it Harry wanted this peaceful life. It's been said over and over that he wanted to pursue it, be happy with people, enjoy, have a laugh. He was sick and tired of fighting, losing people, friends, and family whom he loved. Not exactly the sort of hero everyone expected him to be. Just a normal kid, that's what he wanted. An average kid with a um…scar on his forehead. That changed his life. Literally.

BlooMilk C.
April 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I don't think being an Auror would be very interesting in such a peaceful time. :<
Actually, I believe that a quote from the books says that evil is like a Hydra, once you cut off one head, more than one grows back, so this might actually be a hint to something that will happen later if there is another book, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Hermione Granger
April 18th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Its not always that peaceful, is it? There will always be a time that something exciting would happen. ;;

Cherrim
April 19th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Aah…may have to disagree with you there. There were definitely a lot of hints you could call real solid canon (unlike canon you hear or see from the Pokemon anime). She was very careful in her choice of words, and the smarter readers picked up on that.

Well if you do think about it Harry wanted this peaceful life. It's been said over and over that he wanted to pursue it, be happy with people, enjoy, have a laugh. He was sick and tired of fighting, losing people, friends, and family whom he loved. Not exactly the sort of hero everyone expected him to be. Just a normal kid, that's what he wanted. An average kid with a um…scar on his forehead. That changed his life. Literally.
It's been a while since I read them but I don't remember many relationships described (either blooming, well-established, or behind-the-scenes) that I really... felt anything from, if that makes sense. :(

As for Harry, I know he wanted a peaceful life but heroes in fiction never seem to settle down after their journeys. Especially near the end after spending so much time just hopping from place to place for the sake of staying hidden... I think that would really take a toll on someone mentally/emotionally and I imagine that kind of habit would stick for a while. But I tend to read too far (mentally) into characters sometimes. xD;

RubyJB88
April 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
As for Harry, I know he wanted a peaceful life but heroes in fiction never seem to settle down after their journeys.

Is this the norm? Does every fiction follow this? What if JKR wanted it differently?

Felly
April 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
What house are you in?: Gryffindor, obviously.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Maple, 10 inches, dragon heartstring.
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: everything that is no good. ;D

Hermione Granger
April 19th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Oooh, we're becoming quite big right now. Anyways, we never know what Rowling has in mind unless we can use Legillimency so we don't really know what she wants to do.

RubyJB88
April 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Heh, I was hoping when other fellow Gryffindors show up---when I first saw this thread I was like, no this can't be true, more Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? :P

Hermione Granger
April 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Heh, I was hoping when other fellow Gryffindors show up---when I first saw this thread I was like, no this can't be true, more Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? :P
Gryffindor gets the glory most of the time. What about Ravenclaw? ;A;
And other houses for that matter. xD

~Ryukaa
April 21st, 2011, 02:45 AM
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): [insert wand here]
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: NO GOOD.

I'd like to join, please! xD;

RubyJB88
April 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Gryffindor gets the glory most of the time. What about Ravenclaw? ;A;
And other houses for that matter. xD

Well, about that. On a test I took long time ago, I was borderline Ravenclaw-Gryffindor. So I would still be happy being in Ravenclaw, though I'm not really that clever.

I notice that Gryffindor and Slytherin are the two extremes of the spectrum, while Ravenclaw tends to side with Gryffindor and Hufflepuff sides towards Slytherin. Further proof: note the locations where the dormitories are. Two towers; dungeon and kitchen.

Felly
April 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM
As much as I love Gryffindor, they do get too much glory. The other houses need some love too! Whenever I RP on Harry Potter RP forums, my characters are usually in one of the other three houses. (Although on the one I'm on now, one of my characters is a Gryffindor alumni, but she fits in Gryffindor more than any other house.)

Seungri
April 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core):10" hawthorn wood, with a dragon scale core.
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: no good. :o

RubyJB88
April 22nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
The reason why Gryffindor gets so much glory may be that it's in their blood. Descendants have that in them. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be Gryffindors, now would they?

Sophie_Smith
April 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The first harry potter was the best the firts movie

Felly
April 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
True, but wouldn't every student and alumni have pride for the house they're in (or were once a part of in the case of alumni)? Gryffindors may have glory in their blood, but everyone has pride.

Hermione Granger
April 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
The reason why Gryffindor gets so much glory may be that it's in their blood. Descendants have that in them. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be Gryffindors, now would they?
No. Just...no. That would just contradict the fact that there are 4 houses, of which all founders have their own glory. ;A;

RubyJB88
April 25th, 2011, 01:18 PM
So if every house has their pride and glory, are you saying that Gryffindor is biased to get most of it?

Hermione Granger
April 25th, 2011, 06:38 PM
So if every house has their pride and glory, are you saying that Gryffindor is biased to get most of it?
Gryffindor just gets most of the glory in the books/movies, yes. Harry Potter is in Gryffindor so its kind of obvious that its a bit biased.

Aquacorde
April 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I think it's more like more individuals from Gryffindor get the glory, and therefore collectively they are more glorified by others than the rest of the houses.

~Ryukaa
April 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I should actually post here for once. :V
Yeah, it's more based off the individuals in Gryffindor. Especially Harry Potter. He WAS the Boy who Lived, so yeah. xD;

Hermione Granger
April 25th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Before the events in the books, Slytherin always won the house cup though. So that proves the Harry Potter biased thing. xD

Aquacorde
April 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
The House Cup isn't necessarily a matter of glory, though. I mean, it's not won by glorification. And the Slytherins weren't even really glorified after they won at all either, from how I understand it.

Hermione Granger
April 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
The House Cup isn't necessarily a matter of glory, though. I mean, it's not won by glorification. And the Slytherins weren't even really glorified after they won at all either, from how I understand it.
But it still contributes to the topic that it becomes biased to Gryffindor because of Harry Potter.

Aquacorde
April 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
This is probably true, although that... was mostly Dumbledore's choice in the first book. Redeeming him in the eyes of his peers and all.

~Ryukaa
April 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM
xDD;;
DUMBLEDORE: Slytherin wins!
SLYTHERINS: Woo!
DUMBLEDORE: Haha... Just kidding. Gryffindor wins.
SLYTHERINS: :(
DUMBLEDORE: /trollface

Hermione Granger
April 25th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I wonder what would happen if Hermione was sorted into Ravenclaw. Someone else must've took her place. Perhaps Neville? I don't even know. D| trololol Neville x Ron

RubyJB88
April 26th, 2011, 05:27 PM
ryffindor just gets most of the glory in the books/movies, yes. Harry Potter is in Gryffindor so its kind of obvious that its a bit biased.

Because it is his story. If it was anyone else's then you'd see how jealous they'd be of Gryffindor.

I wonder what would happen if Hermione was sorted into Ravenclaw. Someone else must've took her place. Perhaps Neville? I don't even know. D| trololol Neville x Ron

Good question. Who was the second-smartest person of their generation? No one even bothered putting up their hands cause they knew Ms. Know-It-All would take all the uh--ahem--glory. XP

Man, just when this discussion was getting to the good part. I missed stuff like this back in the ol' days. :P

Hermione Granger
April 26th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Second smartest person in their generation? That's one thing I can't say exactly. xD

BlooMilk C.
April 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Second smartest person in their generation? That's one thing I can't say exactly. xD
Speaking of Hermione...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le7dinUMX61qbryyno1_500.gif

I felt that was necessary. Well, she god sorted into Gryffindor for a pretty good reason. She's done some pretty brave stuff. Remember when she punched Draco? Damn, only I would do that :3

Hermione Granger
April 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Speaking of Hermione...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le7dinUMX61qbryyno1_500.gif

I felt that was necessary. Well, she god sorted into Gryffindor for a pretty good reason. She's done some pretty brave stuff. Remember when she punched Draco? Damn, only I would do that :3
I mean if she wasn't. Come on, we're just putting on some discussion. ;;

AND WHAT KIND OF HARRY POTTER FAN WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE HERMIONE!!!!!111!!11

RubyJB88
April 28th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Remember when she punched Draco? Damn, only I would do that :3

Yup. Even Ron was like "DAAYYUMM" XD

AND WHAT KIND OF HARRY POTTER FAN WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE HERMIONE!!!!!111!!11

Viktor Krum? He's not a fan of Harry, is he?

Hermione Granger
April 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Viktor Krum? He's not a fan of Harry, is he?
You always ruin my fun. ;;
But I thought Victor Krum was with Hermione during the fourth book?

Jorah
April 29th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Yep, in GoF there's a scene where Krum and Hermione are in the library together, and she's teaching him how to pronounce her name. JK said she added that scene so people would know how to pronounce it :P

Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: yellow XD

Hermione Granger
April 29th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Yep, in GoF there's a scene where Krum and Hermione are in the library together, and she's teaching him how to pronounce her name. JK said she added that scene so people would know how to pronounce it :P XD
AHA I KNEW IT! /doesn't like the fourth book that much. :x
But yeah, a lot of people probably doesn't know how to pronounce Hermione. =S

~Ryukaa
April 29th, 2011, 04:14 AM
The Fourth book was the worst, I reckon. :<
Prisoner of Azkaban was alot better. And it was shorter! Maybe that's just me. xD;

Hermione Granger
April 29th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I bet its the worst because Voldemort was reborn on that book. |D
Well, the fourth was my least favourite and the fifth is my most favourite of all.

RubyJB88
April 29th, 2011, 05:33 AM
You always ruin my fun. ;;
But I thought Victor Krum was with Hermione during the fourth book?

...sorry? But he wasn't able to pronounce her name right. Did he correct that in the last one? Don't remember.

Oh great, you're here. Why must you always follow me around? And you're such a liar if you say you're from Slytherin.

I can honestly say there's no book I hated. I mean HBP, sure it ended in a bitter way, and felt rushed at parts, but overall there were no boring books.

Film-wise GoF was the worst. And the two that followed were alright.

Hermione Granger
April 29th, 2011, 06:12 AM
...sorry? But he wasn't able to pronounce her name right. Did he correct that in the last one? Don't remember.
As far as I know, Victor has hardships in pronouncing English words, let alone Hermione's name.

And I was just saying, well more like asking, that "wasn't Victor with Hermione during the fourth book?" because I didn't like that book so I didn't really seriously read the book, let alone even reread it. @.@

Aquacorde
April 29th, 2011, 09:43 AM
And I was just saying, well more like asking, that "wasn't Victor with Hermione during the fourth book?" because I didn't like that book so I didn't really seriously read the book, let alone even reread it. @.@
WHAT
Tsk. I am disillusioned.

I actually enjoyed the fifth book the most. As for the movies... I don't like any of them very much. What I do like is some movie parodies- like this one. It's rated M for language purposes mostly, so be warned I guess.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4639579/1/Year_Four_at_Warner_Brothers

Hermione Granger
April 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Speaking of online stuff, has anyone seen disturbing pictures of Harry Potter on Tumblr? Bloo told me there's some in there, and I wouldn't want to check. ;;

Aquacorde
April 30th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I've only seen the disturbing pictures with Cilan in 'em (and was rather put off. >_<). I don't intend to even try looking for anything Harry Potter.

Hermione Granger
April 30th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I've only seen the disturbing pictures with Cilan in 'em (and was rather put off. >_<). I don't intend to even try looking for anything Harry Potter.
Trust me, you don't even want to. xD
There are also a bunch of 18+ fanfics allover the internet, but I'd rather not talk about that here. .///.

miley810
April 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I was told to copy the last person who signed up on the last thing XD

House:Griffyndor
Wand:10" Yew Core:Unicorn horn
Sunshine Daisies,butter mellow,turn this stupid fat rat yellow

I hope this is accepted and I don't remember that last thing even though I read all of the books already and I've seen Prisinor of Azaban

Melody
April 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Here I am. :P

I'm not a form filler anyway. Sign-ups and "getting rejected" are sorta discouraged anyway.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the last HP movie and such.

I also wish JK had written more than just 7 books, I don't like how she left the ending open ended...I like my stories stitched up nicely and neatly. D8

Aquacorde
April 30th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Trust me, you don't even want to. xD
There are also a bunch of 18+ fanfics allover the internet, but I'd rather not talk about that here. .///.
I've seen... some of them. /doesn't use FF.net's filter for fear of missing good plot

I've seen many a good fic, though, mainly about alternate futures and such. Generally featuring Harry breaking up with Ginny and having a rather different life.

/not a HarryxGinny fan. Or a Ginny fan in general.

Hermione Granger
April 30th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Here I am. :P

I'm not a form filler anyway. Sign-ups and "getting rejected" are sorta discouraged anyway.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the last HP movie and such.

I also wish JK had written more than just 7 books, I don't like how she left the ending open ended...I like my stories stitched up nicely and neatly. D8
Why ever would I even put it up there?
And how would I know what house are you in? D: *puts sorting hat on top of Pachy's head*
It doesn't seem to work! D:

And the ending, I think there is a possibility that there might be a sequel. *is always keeping his hopes up*
I've seen... some of them. /doesn't use FF.net's filter for fear of missing good plot

I've seen many a good fic, though, mainly about alternate futures and such. Generally featuring Harry breaking up with Ginny and having a rather different life.

I've read a bunch of fanfics like that, and a lot of Draco being homosexual too. .///.

Aquacorde
April 30th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Hehe, it makes sense when Draco's oppressed by his traditionalist father because of his sexuality. In fact... There are many ways you can go with the relationships in the Malfoy family.

/accepts pretty much anything if well-written

Noah Ridgewood
May 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM
Why ever would I even put it up there?
And how would I know what house are you in? D: *puts sorting hat on top of Pachy's head*
It doesn't seem to work! D:
"No "I'm joining!!"/"may I join?" posts.
This, unfortunately, isn't very constructive. When joining a club, it's okay to make yourself known as a new member but please try to stay on topic too whenever you post in a club, even on your first post. You can't be denied entry to a club so just make your joining statement as an aside, instead of as the only thing in your post. Same goes for simple "welcome to the club" posts. Try to have some other substance in your posts too."

Pretty much the same thing, tbqh!! :(

/resists stating that I'm joining.
/consider this post a mod post idek? w/e. :(
/joins

Needless to say, I'm sad to see this coming to an end in a matter of months and I agree with Pachy when he says that he likes his stories stitched up. I have a distaste for endings that leave the reader wanting more, and/or letting them use their imagination to determine the outcome of it all.

Hermione Granger
May 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM
"No "I'm joining!!"/"may I join?" posts.
This, unfortunately, isn't very constructive. When joining a club, it's okay to make yourself known as a new member but please try to stay on topic too whenever you post in a club, even on your first post. You can't be denied entry to a club so just make your joining statement as an aside, instead of as the only thing in your post. Same goes for simple "welcome to the club" posts. Try to have some other substance in your posts too."

Pretty much the same thing, tbqh!! :(

/resists stating that I'm joining.
/consider this post a mod post idek? w/e. :(
/joins

Needless to say, I'm sad to see this coming to an end in a matter of months and I agree with Pachy when he says that he likes his stories stitched up. I have a distaste for endings that leave the reader wanting more, and/or letting them use their imagination to determine the outcome of it all.
Firstly, I just said that "sign ups are not discouraged". =S
Include a "sign up form" in the first post.
Just with a few basic questions relating to the club's topic for new members to answer so everyone gets to know each other whenever a new member shows up.
And why would ^ be in the rules if sign up forms are pretty much not allowed? =S

Secondly, I did not deny entry. I simply was asking for "what house are you in". That's one thing I need to maintain the Harry Potter essence of the fan club. If not stated then certainly they will be 'unsorted' and kinda...out of place. =S

Also...
*puts sorting hat on top of Patchisou Yutohru's head*
It doesn't seem to work. D:

Noah Ridgewood
May 1st, 2011, 03:27 AM
Whoa! Haha, no need to get so intense. I was just providing a follow-up on what Pachy meant when he said that. Chillax, dude. xD;

Hermione Granger
May 1st, 2011, 03:33 AM
Whoa! Haha, no need to get so intense. I was just providing a follow-up on what Pachy meant when he said that. Chillax, dude. xD;
But you are, in fact, a Super Moderator and with just one click *bam* I could be banned/infracted. I simply stated what I think about the sign up form part. =p

AND because this is becoming a bit offtopic, let's have a new topic? What's your most favourite thing about Harry Potter?

My most favourite thing about Harry Potter is the fact that its a fantasy. Anything fantasy is great in my opinion! :)

Murasaki_Paz28
May 1st, 2011, 04:43 AM
What's your most favourite thing about Harry Potter?

My favorite thing iz that itz magic... itz magical in a way that i wish it waz real and i could do it (be a witch) :) I really love Harry Potter and itz awsomenezz !! (pluz british accent... love it!!)

Hermione Granger
May 1st, 2011, 04:50 AM
Don't forget about English words! Like snogging! Oh my god that word sounds awesome! xD

miley810
May 1st, 2011, 06:18 AM

My favorite thing is...........the magic itself!yeah I agree with Murasaki_paz28's whole awnser actually.The magic itself is really my favorite thing about of Harry Potter

RubyJB88
May 1st, 2011, 07:50 AM
There are also a bunch of 18+ fanfics allover the internet, but I'd rather not talk about that here.

I've read a bunch of fanfics like that, and a lot of Draco being homosexual too.

Don't forget about English words! Like snogging! Oh my god that word sounds awesome! xD

Ugh. *shudders* They're everywhere. -_-

Oh, there's too many of them!! D:

Yep, sounds better than "making-out".

They need to drastically change their search engine. It's not very easy to use, even if you want to find some really good fanfics that are hidden for so many years.

There's certainly a lot of interesting stories if you know where to look.

What a vague question. :P Yes fantasy, character development, the hidden double-entendres, need I go on?

Hermione Granger
May 1st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Ah yes, if you know me I like vague questions. Now, I'd just like to ask everyone who's in the club. Do you think a little "club game" would be fun? Do you think we should do one?

Aquacorde
May 2nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Ehh... that's a tough one. I love the Weasley family, and Luna's characterization. I guess just the amazing amount of well-done characters that drive the story.

As for a club activity... what kind of activity are you thinking?

Hermione Granger
May 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Like a Harry Potter crossword! :D
And winners get 'mini emblems' which aren't official emblems sadly but are emblems here in the club. Anyone up for it?

Aquacorde
May 4th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Hmm... if it could be done on a site where you go and you have a time limit for the crossword, I think it would be cool.

Hermione Granger
May 4th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hmm... if it could be done on a site where you go and you have a time limit for the crossword, I think it would be cool.
That would totally be cool.

If only we could find some Harry Potter flash games. I'm pretty sure there are some out there. Has anybody played one yet?

Aquacorde
May 4th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I don't think I've played any HP flash games, unless Slinkers over on DA made one... /bad memory

Omg what a coincidence- Granger Danger just came on. :3 Anyone a fan of AVPM?

~Ryukaa
May 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
AVPM? What's that? :O
I'm all for those club games. xD;
They sound interesting. :)

Hard question. xDD;;
Uhh, I guess I just like the characters and story, really. xD;

The Eagle
May 5th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Name: Adam
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): 10 Inches Eagle Feather Core
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Pink YELLOW!

Aquacorde
May 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM
AVPM? A Very Potter Musical! It's quite amusing, though it doesn't exactly (read: doesn't at all) follow canon.
wmwM_AKeMCk

Felly
May 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I still haven't seen AVPM. I feel like such a terrible HP fan for saying that, but I just haven't had the time to do so, especially with theatre getting in the way of everything. Hopefully I can watch it this summer before Deathly Hallows part 2 comes out. I've heard a lot of good things about AVPM, so I'm hoping it's as good as I've heard.

Hermione Granger
May 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I still haven't seen AVPM. I feel like such a terrible HP fan for saying that, but I just haven't had the time to do so, especially with theatre getting in the way of everything. Hopefully I can watch it this summer before Deathly Hallows part 2 comes out. I've heard a lot of good things about AVPM, so I'm hoping it's as good as I've heard.
Actually, I haven't seen AVPM yet. Don't feel terrible. You're not obliged to watch the AVPM to be a Harry Potter fan~

RubyJB88
May 6th, 2011, 07:29 AM
What's AVPM?

Ah, it's good to see more Gryffindor guy show up. *sighs happily*

Zaspien
May 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Oak, 10 inches, Unicorn Hair
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow

I've been a huge Harry Potter fan since I read the first book. I've actually read the whole series (all seven books) five times. I'm currently reading the books again and I'm currently on The Order of the Phoenix. I can't wait for the final movie in the summer. It'll be quite sad that after that movie, Harry Potter will be something of memories. Only the movies that were behind kept the series going and now even that has finished.

I guess I'm the new guy here. Hello guys. :)

Felly
May 7th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm gonna be so lost when Harry Potter ends. It was my childhood, & it still is. Plus Lupin & Tonks. ;( Something tells me I'm gonna need some chocolate, and lots of it.

The Void
May 8th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Name: NOT EVER GONNA TELL YOU!
House: Gryffindor
Wand: 11 and a half inches, Ho-Oh Sacred Feather (a new kind of wand core), and Holly

My fav about HP is the storyline. No, the magic. No, both. Yeah, definitely both.

Zaspien
May 8th, 2011, 03:30 AM
I'm gonna be so lost when Harry Potter ends. It was my childhood, & it still is. Plus Lupin & Tonks. ;( Something tells me I'm gonna need some chocolate, and lots of it.
I completley agree - the ending that they met was not fair on the way their characters were portrayed. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone but we'll just say that Lupin and Tonks are amazing characters and leave it at that.

Hermione Granger
May 8th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Welcome to all of those new members.

Anyways, is anyone up to solve a Harry Potter crossword puzzle? I can whip out one and let you guys solve it. It will be fun. :)

The Eagle
May 8th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I love a very potter musical.

"Hufflepuffs are particulary good finders!"
"What the HELL is a hufflepuff?"

Zaspien
May 8th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Welcome to all of those new members.

Anyways, is anyone up to solve a Harry Potter crossword puzzle? I can whip out one and let you guys solve it. It will be fun. :)
I'll be sure to accept the challenge but I must warn you: I hardly ever do crossword puzzles! :D

Felly
May 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I'd like to do one. It would certainly keep me occupied for awhile. (:

Owl
May 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I'd be up for on, just what I need to keep my mind busy :P

Hermione Granger
May 9th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I've finished crossword, I think its VERY easy. Enjoy solving~
Tell your club friends and stuff.

Harry Potter Crossword #1
http://i.imgur.com/lCu3d.png

Clues

Across

1. A certain someone who's not allowed to save Harry Potter.
3. Someone that has to do with the Invisibility Cloak.
5. A stick.
7. "It's LeviOsa, not LevioSA."
9. They have something to do with the Dark Lord.

Down

2. If you're a spider, you'll probably be afraid of this.
4. "An obscure branch of magic, but a highly useful one."
6. Big, hairy, 8 legged creature/monster/thing.
8. This spell was mentioned on a fictional British TV show by Shakespeare.
10. He entertains himself by bouncing around in the trophy room.

Note: For answers with 2 or more words, there are NO spaces in between words.

hahaiamchris
May 12th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Name:Chris
House:Slytherin
Wand:I Don't Know
Favourite spell:Sectumsempra
My parents are living! They are Death Eaters MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA NWEHEHEHEHEHE

Hermione Granger
May 15th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Uhh welcome to the club I guess? Anyways, I think only one person did the crossword. How disappointing. :/

Well I didn't expect everyone to do them anyways. 8D

Since I saw that favourite spell from the person who recently joined...

What's your favourite spell and why?
My favourite spell would have to be the hover charm. 8D
Just listen to the pronunciation: Wingardium Leviosa! I never get tired of that. And its LeviOsa, not LevioSA. Make the 'gar' nice and long! ;3

~Ryukaa
May 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I did it too! ...Wait. :V
Anyway. xD;

Uh. My favourite spell... Accio! It would be awesome if people could use it in real life, god. xD;
Them lucky wizards. Who needs to walk? xDD;;

Hermione Granger
May 15th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Them lucky wizards. Who needs to walk? xDD;;
Which reminds me of apparition! Oh god I wish I was really a wizard. ):

~Ryukaa
May 15th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Oh! Apparition! Completely forgot about that. xDD;;
You gotta love how Fred and George completely abuse that. xD;

Hermione Granger
May 15th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Oh! Apparition! Completely forgot about that. xDD;;
You gotta love how Fred and George completely abuse that. xD;
I would probably abuse it more than they do though. xD
I don't hate walking far distances but I'd apparate and disapparate on short distances most of the time though like from my room to the dining room when its eating time 8D.

Felly
May 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I would Apparate to school so that I wouldn't have to worry about almost missing the bus every single day. :< I'd be able to leave at 7:19am & get to class just in time.

If only Apparation was real...

BlooMilk C.
May 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Which reminds me of apparition! Oh god I wish I was really a wizard. ):
It's k, I'm a wizard.

*apparates to Zeffy*
How y'all doin'

Really, apparition would be great for me because I'm lazy XD

RubyJB88
May 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM

Scourgify! Really? Who wouldn't want a clean-up spell?

My favourite spell would have to be the hover charm. 8D
Just listen to the pronunciation: Wingardium Leviosa! I never get tired of that. And its LeviOsa, not LevioSA. Make the 'gar' nice and long! ;3

I loved those little dialogues. They become so well-known when they're not that relevant to the main story.

Hermione Granger
May 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM

Scourgify! Really? Who wouldn't want a clean-up spell?

Which reminds me of another spell that I like, the Vanishing Spell. Who wouldn't want to vanish their plate when you don't want what's in there? xD

Oh, and the Patronus Charm too. I think my patronus would take the form of a wolf. Which reminds me once again of..

What do you think will your patronus be? A bunny? A cockroach?

RubyJB88
May 16th, 2011, 07:17 AM

I would say a bird. But I don't know what kind of bird.

ash_ley
May 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
sorry if it took time b4 i went back in pokécommunity wat's up in harry potter fan group?

Hermione Granger
May 19th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Is there something that I did that you guys don't visit this place anymore? I'm getting quite sad looking at the very fanclub thread everyday and seeing no new replies. I think...I think I really did something wrong.

Or I might be becoming so paranoid that I'm blaming everything to myself.

And new topic for anyone who really cares: if you were asked a job in Hogwarts, would you accept? And what kind of job would it be?

RubyJB88
May 19th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I see you're trying really hard to keep this place alive.

if you were asked a job in Hogwarts, would you accept? And what kind of job would it be?

Definitely yes lol. What job? Anything but Care of Magical Creatures. XD

Aquacorde
May 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Zeffy, you're being ridiculous and you know it.

If you were asked a job in Hogwarts, would you accept? And what kind of job would it be?

Um, I'd probably like to be the flying coach. But I don't think I'd be very good at any of the positions at Hogwarts. It's mainly teaching, and I don't think I could teach many of those subjects.

Hermione Granger
May 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I have the tendency to blame almost anything to myself. Please excuse me if it bothers you. c:

And heck I'll accept the job. I'm going to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts or Charms. If I don't become accepted on those two subjects, then I'll try Transfiguration or Care of Magical Creatures. C:

Murasaki_Paz28
May 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
if you were asked a job in Hogwarts, would you accept? And what kind of job would it be?

Yez,, id love to but i dont know in what id be good at cuz i cant teach,, im not good with crowdz so idk.

Jorah
May 22nd, 2011, 02:52 AM
Ohh, I wouldn't like to be a teacher at all. The most fun job at (or relating) to Hogwarts would be driving the Hogwarts Express XD Although I don't think I would want to since it's a steam train...too much work XD I'd much rather work for the Department of Mysteries >:D

BlooMilk C.
May 22nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
If you were asked a job in Hogwarts, would you accept? And what kind of job would it be?

I would teach Charms or Defense Against the Dark Arts. I really liked the spells being used, so I think I would enjoy it. If not, Transfiguration or Potions would be good as well.

A unicorn.

RubyJB88
May 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
The most fun job at (or relating) to Hogwarts would be driving the Hogwarts Express XD Although I don't think I would want to since it's a steam train...too much work XD I'd much rather work for the Department of Mysteries >:D

This doesn't even answer the topic at all. It was about a Hogwarts job, not a magical job. And being a railroad engineer for Hogwarts is like being the bus driver for school--how is that related to a school job?

A unicorn.

Patronuses (Patroni?) cannot be mythical creatures.

Mew~
May 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Head Master Probably something like Teaching Charms or Potions.

A lion, mainly because it's my favourite animal.

Jorah
May 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
This doesn't even answer the topic at all. It was about a Hogwarts job, not a magical job. And being a railroad engineer for Hogwarts is like being the bus driver for school--how is that related to a school job?

It did, I said I wouldn't be a teacher and expanded from there. There isn't anything wrong with expanding from the question asked. I wouldn't want to be the caretaker, or the groundskeeper, and there's nothing else to do then. I wouldn't want to be a bus driver, especially for a school, I bet the drivers get terrorised...Train drivers are nice and far away from all of that. It was just emphasising I didn't want to be a teacher, anyway. Perhaps I'll just live out in the lake with the merpeople away from you and everyone else, then?

Aww, a bunny would be cute :3 Although, I think I'd like it to be a cat. If I could be an animagus, I'd want to be a cat XD

Hermione Granger
May 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
You've forgotten that there's more to Hogwarts than teachers and students. There are the house elfs, the 'nurse', the gamekeeper, and the caretaker. I think driving the train that delivers the students specifically to Hogwarts is part of a job being in Hogwarts.

mzmingle
May 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Defense against the Dark Arts, Potions, Charms or Dumbledore's assistant lol =D

Deer or Pony, probably.

Well, i'm back ^^'

Oh yea, can I be the assistant head or watever?

Hermione Granger
May 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Well, actually, I already did have someone as the Deputy Head (co-owner) but I seem to have forgotten to move the name. I'm really sorry, though. :'(

BlooMilk C.
May 28th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Fine, fine, If you insist that unicorn are mythical creatures and don't exist, I guess my patronus would be a pony.

RubyJB88
May 29th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I'm not saying they don't exist, it's just that all Patronuses we've seen are real world animals.

Hermione Granger
May 29th, 2011, 07:55 AM
So hey guys. I was thinking, when Harry Potter's birthday comes should we have a party in here or something? xD

Aquacorde
May 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Well, actually, I already did have someone as the Deputy Head (co-owner) but I seem to have forgotten to move the name. I'm really sorry, though. :'(
I thought you had forgotten me. D: But yay. <3

So hey guys. I was thinking, when Harry Potter's birthday comes should we have a party in here or something? xD
YES WE SHOULD. I feel like we should have like... a week-long chain of little events or something like that.

Owl
May 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't mind that. We could try to make the club more active and get more members! :D

Felly
May 29th, 2011, 08:50 PM
That sounds fun! It would definitely give me something to look forward to. xD

~Ryukaa
May 29th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Deja vu? xD;
Anyway, yeah. Celebrating Harry's Birthday would be pretty fun. xDD;;

mzmingle
May 30th, 2011, 12:56 AM
um can I be the Co-Co owner?
lol
YES WE SHOULD HAVE A PARTY!
Wait...this may be a dumb question, but when is it?

btw, my sig is soon gonna be Harry Potter-ified

Tetra
May 30th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Ooh, Harry Potter Fan Club!
Name: Jake
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort. :(
Describe your wand: 9 inch, Emerald Gems are on it.
Well, I'm not sure actually. Um...., Voldemort trying to kill harry?
Um, I would kinda actually be disappointed.

Felly
May 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM
If Voldemort killing Harry was cut, we wouldn't have a movie. xD

I'm hoping that Lupin bursting into Shell Cottage to announce Teddy's birth isn't cut. I was disappointed that he didn't have a huge role in part 1, so I'm a little happier that he's getting a slightly bigger role in part 2 since he fights in the war.

RubyJB88
May 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Good idea. Why not Neville's too?

If Voldemort killing Harry was cut, we wouldn't have a movie. xD

I can't wait for the part where they jump off the tower holding hands to their deaths. XD

Hermione Granger
May 31st, 2011, 01:16 AM
I was disappointed when Lupin didn't come on Grimmauld Place on Part 1 so I'm hoping that they didn't cut that part! and if they cut that part where Harry dies and Dumbledore talks to him I swear I'm gonna sue them lol

Oh and mzmingle: Deputy Head = Co-owner. I just gave it a better name. P:

So we should have a week of little sort of events and each day a different person manages it? That could be fun. :3

mzmingle
June 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
yea =D

btw, shouldn't we make some Harry Potter Roleplays, banners, etc.

Felly
June 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Banners would be nice. I'm not sure how we'd do a role play though, but it sounds rather interesting.

RubyJB88
June 16th, 2011, 06:17 AM
So what do you all think "Pottermore" might be? JKR's next big thing?

Cherrim
June 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I hope it's just an extension of not-really-Harry-Potter related things in the Potter world. :D Like maybe more of those textbook things (like the magical creatures one and the Quidditch book [damn you, firefox dictionary, Quidditch is totally a word!]), or some novels about other events in wizarding history or future. I think the series wrapped up pretty solidly for Harry and I worry that basing a new series on the next generation, or continuing his story might cheapen the ending in book 7.

Unrelatedly:
v/5NYt1qirBWg
New trailer for DH part 2. ;____; I am going to bawl at this movie guys. This trailer even makes me tear up.

hellojazzii
June 17th, 2011, 08:20 PM
may i join? :D i absolutely love the harry potter series!

What house are you in?: gryffindor.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): cherrywood, nine and a half inches, phoenix tail.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: yellow!

New trailer for DH part 2. ;____; I am going to bawl at this movie guys. This trailer even makes me tear up.

oh, i knoww. i got chills every single time i watched it (and i clicked the 'replay' button a lot) and i'm debating whether i watch it in theaters or wait for the dvd to come out because it's the very last movie and i want to put off watching it as long as possible (it sounds a bit silly, i know. ^__^; ), yet watching it in theaters is more fun for me but.. i'd rather cry at the death scenes by myself. xD;

edit:

i find the part where it shows baby!harry with the tear streaks on his face to be so heartbreaking. ):

Cherrim
June 17th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I can definitely relate. I can't wait to see this but at the same time, I'm dreading it because I know it's the end. Except then that pottermore thing leaked out so now I'm not sure what to think. But it's still the end of the saga I grew up with so. ;~;

I'm gonna see it with my best friends from HS. We came out of the first part and went "midnight showing for part 2?" and all nodded in agreement. I'm even cutting a vacation short so I can fly back home and see it with them. And I have one friend who'll cry even more than I will so we'll sit next to each other and not be ashamed at all to be bawling at the sad parts. XD;

RubyJB88
June 18th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Someone was criticizing how Rowling ended the final confrontation was a "big anti-climatic farcical let-down". He further stated that the flashing lights, canon correction, and new dialogues will add action to the movie. Either this person is more of an action-type movie-goer, or I don't know what. I'd love to ask him how would he have written that "showdown" scene.

To me, I think because this series have been running for so long, we were awaiting some kind of "stare-down" between Voldemort and Harry, and after so much has happened from Book 1 to Book 6, we're so ready to take him down now, no matter how Rowling ended it. What do you guys think?

Cherrim
June 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
That's kind of how I felt. I didn't care exactly how it ended, so long as it did and in a mostly happy way.

I do kind of hope that the movie concentrates a bit more on the deaths at Hogwarts in the end. D: iirc in the book, Harry just mutely walks past and takes note of them as he heads for the forest and I didn't feel it did justice to the many established characters (instead of blank faces) who died. :c

RubyJB88
June 19th, 2011, 06:24 AM
iirc in the book, Harry just mutely walks past and takes note of them as he heads for the forest and I didn't feel it did justice to the many established characters (instead of blank faces) who died.

I'd feel that way too though, in a daze and not looking left or right at his companions. And at that point, he was the one who's life was in most jeopardy, because he was the one facing Voldemort, not anybody else. So their current situations weren't as important as what he was going through then. Quite understandable.

Hermione Granger
June 19th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I probably won't be here to nerdgasm over the movie after I watch it, but man I am VERY excited. XD

Felly
June 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'll probably pop in for a little while to nerdgasm if I'm not already preoccupied with bawling my poor eyes out. I'm going to see the midnight release with my mom, & hopefully a friend from school that graduated last Friday. We all went for part 1 together, & we wanted to see part 2 together too.

Plus, it's been tradition that my mom & I go see the movies together at midnight (or you know, around midnight since the showings usually fill up & they add more) at the same movie theater that's across the street from my high school. I'm not breaking tradition now. <3

The trailer was so intense, and I was so tensed up for it, & my eyes were watering. I've never cried at (or in for that matter) a movie before, & I think Harry Potter might ruin that for me. (Better Harry Potter than something else though. & I saw Marley & Me, and that was pretty emotional for me, but I didn't cry.)

Cherrim
June 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I'd feel that way too though, in a daze and not looking left or right at his companions. And at that point, he was the one who's life was in most jeopardy, because he was the one facing Voldemort, not anybody else. So their current situations weren't as important as what he was going through then. Quite understandable.
That's true, and I guess it makes sense since nearly the whole series is just from Harry's point of view but the movies aren't as restricted by POV the way the books are. So hopefully we get more than just a glimpse as he walks by. :(

RubyJB88
June 20th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah, the movies haven't been that well in that department, but they've been improving slowly, and I've seen quite the difference in DH 1.

Cherrim
June 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
DH is being a better adaptation since it was split into two, instead of trying to cram everything into just one movie. :D And since that's kind of a heart-breaking moment (good for eliciting emotion in the viewers), I'm hoping they'll get more than just a pan and "oh, they're dead." @@; There's already a dramatic part with Tonks and Lupin reaching for each other in the trailer so... :>

Is anyone else re-reading the books or re-watching the movies in anticipation of the next movie? I just started a part-time temporary job the other day doing data entry for a section of the company my dad works at and since it's pretty menial labour, I've been listening to the Harry Potter books while I work. I just finished up book 3 today and I'm loading book 4 onto my phone right now. ♥

Also, the Pottermore announcement is at 7AM EST tomorrow, I think. :>

RubyJB88
June 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
The encyclopedia sounds very exciting to me. Of course, it was known to be an encyclopedia, but we just didn't know what the name would be. :) Clever Jo.

I've a pretty good memory of Book 7. In fact, I re-read it after Part 1 came out last year. When I saw that movie, I kept thinking, "Oh my god I forgot so much!!". Personal embarrassment, so yeah.

Hermione Granger
June 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
I feel your pain. That happened to me quite a lot, in fact.

RubyJB88
June 24th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Everyone signed up for the Pottermore updates? When I read more about what's to come, it's made me so excited! I haven't been this excited in like, 5 years...

Hermione Granger
June 25th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Everyone signed up for the Pottermore updates? When I read more about what's to come, it's made me so excited! I haven't been this excited in like, 5 years...
I submitted my email, but I don't really read my email though. XD

Evanlyn
June 30th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I'd like to join as well :)

What house are you in? Ravenclaw
Wand description; Made of Holly, 8 1/2 inches, with a unicorn tail hair core.

I am a very big fan of Harry Potter, I have every single movie which has been released on DVD - and I am seeing the final movie in the cinema this month!

My favourite character is Hermione - followed by Ginny + Luna, and then it'd be Fred + George, then Harry

Hermione Granger
July 1st, 2011, 03:49 AM
Finally, someone who broke the ice! Huzzah! xD

Anyways, I'd like to ask you guys. What's the mystery behind Antonin Dolohov's curse? I've been quite intrigued by that spell ever since I read about it. So, what's your stance, guys?

~Ryukaa
July 3rd, 2011, 03:33 AM
He had a curse?
...Maybe I shouldn't have asked that. ._.;

Hermione Granger
July 3rd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Uhmm it was a spell that he uses. It's like using the wand to slash, pretty much like sectumsempre, I guess.

~Ryukaa
July 3rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
Ohhhh, right, right. I remember!
...I didn't really think much of it, lol. xDD;;
The Death Eaters didn't really intrigue me all that much, to be honest. Eheh... ._.;
I really need to go through the books again. o3o

RubyJB88
July 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
That "slashing" spell was brutal and nasty. :/ I wish they showed some kind of similar scene in Movie 5. Bit disappointing there.

If it was Sectumsempra then there'd be blood spilling everywhere nonstop. Perhaps its some variant?

Hermione Granger
July 4th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I assumed that it was a variant at first, too. I wonder if we'll ever know what the incantation is. And if using the incantation either powers up the spell more or whatnot.

RubyJB88
July 15th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Anybody watched the midnight release?! We should post what we thought of it (in spoilers of course)!

mzmingle
July 16th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Have any of you read Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree?
'Cause at the beginning, it says something like 'The sun was shining, and the birds were playing Quiddich in the Treetops.'

More On-Topic, if you have played LEGO Harry Potter, then
What is your favourite part(s) of the game?
Mine is, so far, the Quiddich and the Transfiguration with all the LEGO lol :)
I wish you could actually play the Quiddich though, instead of just watch it.

Hermione Granger
July 16th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Have any of you read Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree?
'Cause at the beginning, it says something like 'The sun was shining, and the birds were playing Quiddich in the Treetops.'

More On-Topic, if you have played LEGO Harry Potter, then
What is your favourite part(s) of the game?
Mine is, so far, the Quiddich and the Transfiguration with all the LEGO lol :)
I wish you could actually play the Quiddich though, instead of just watch it.
Quidditch* Quidditch* Quidditch*

;)

Well, anyways, another topic to answer is, have you watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet? What's your opinion about it? Do you think they made a good adaptation of it from the book?

~Ryukaa
July 16th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Have you watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet?
Of course I have!

What's your opinion about it?
Absolutely Brilliant.

Do you think they made a good adaptation of it from the book?
I think they did a great job, for sure. There were things they could've improved on, but I was very, very pleased with the movie in the end. Oh, and man. The 19 years later scene was awesome. Though, I wish it had more conversation. Albus and Harry were the only ones talking. o3o

Evanlyn
July 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Anybody watched the midnight release?!

I DID! :D Here's what I thought of it

I thought it was very good - and surprisingly funny!
The only thing was they did miss out a couple of things - like Harry's cloak being a Hallow and him being the 'master of death.' And also when Harry got the Elder Wand they made it so he just.. snapped it.. instead of fixing his wand first which was a bit annoying. And it was so good when they did the '19 years later' scene - the characters looked funny. All in all I think it was a reasonably good movie.

Did anybody dress up for the movie? Who (or what) did you dress up as?
I dressed up as Hermione :)

RubyJB88
July 16th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'd give it an 8.3/10. And that's me being generous. ;) Sure there are always a couple things left out. I was amazed how they jumped from the dragon scene to the school. Felt like the movie was practically over, since the school is the last scene. I favor Part 1 though.

Owl
July 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'm going tonight at 8 PM to watch it in 3D, and what's even more, (I wasn't able to go tho), the guy who plays Malfoy (Tom Felton) stopped by close to my house and was signing autographs, my cousin got four autographs somehow XDD

Jorah
July 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
^Wow, that's so cool!

It was a good adaptation for a movie, I suppose, but the lack of backstory always gets to me XD I can't help complaining, although I know it would get in the way of the action scenes the audience wants to see. Anyone else *love* the scene where Snape was crying over Lily? Wow, it was really just so sad to see him so upset. And I've only really just noticed, but I *love* his delivery for lines. I love all of his pauses. I would've gone to a midnight showing, but the cinema near me doesn't do those sorts of things...I suppose it's only larger ones.

I now feel rather sad that Harry Potter seems to be all over now. No more books, no more movies...I know there's going to be Pottermore, but ah, I can't help feeling sad.

I just watched that behind the scenes thing that Ben Shepard does every movie. Dan actually seems like a funny guy, and Rupert seems so cute and shy. I feel so old now, because I remember watching the one he done for COS XD

RubyJB88
July 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Wow, she's lucky. I saw Tom Felton in a new movie with Taylor Lautner, called The Abduction. Looks like he wants to speed up his career. :)

Snape's memory was really important to those who questioned why Snape killed Dumbledore. I was glad they didn't rush or skip it.

I now feel rather sad that Harry Potter seems to be all over now. No more books, no more movies...I know there's going to be Pottermore, but ah, I can't help feeling sad.

It's because of Pottermore I don't feel as sad as I would be.

Hermione Granger
July 18th, 2011, 04:13 AM
If it weren't for Pottermore, I probably would've killed myself already. ):

Alternative
July 20th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Mind if I join this club? I've been currently in my Harry Potter obsession phase ever since I watched Deathly Hallows part 1. It was amazing from what I saw, even if they were only running, finding one Horcrux.

Hermione Granger
July 20th, 2011, 05:39 AM
You've been added. :)

I was obsessed on Harry Potter ever since I was a child, so I can understand if someone says "I'm addicted to Harry Potter bla bla bla". Its not really a bad thing, now is it? :P

Alternative
July 20th, 2011, 06:00 AM
It really isn't a bad thing, except when you don't have enough money to go to the movies to see the last movie. D: I just wanna see it so badly and see how the movie ends, since it seems more actiony and magical than the rest.

Also Molly Weasley. <3

Hermione Granger
July 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM
It had more magicy thing than the others in my opinion. But I want more. :P

And Molly said the words that I wanted her to say. That was epic.

Alternative
July 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
I'm sure it will be when I get to see it, which will hopefully be next week when I get more money. :D

Also, has anyone seen this before? I was looking for cool Avada Kedavra montages and came across it. It's pretty funny, and it has Voldemort in it. :D It's kinda spoilerish I suppose, if you haven't seen the Half Blood Prince.

tytOwMLqufg&ob=av3e

Mew~
July 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM
And Molly said the words that I wanted her to say. That was epic.
Meh, I wasn't too happy to be honest, since it was supposed to be infront of Voldemort, which got him mad when she was killed, but we didn't get to see no reaction. :\

Hermione Granger
July 23rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Meh, I wasn't too happy to be honest, since it was supposed to be infront of Voldemort, which got him mad when she was killed, but we didn't get to see no reaction. :\
Tbqh, I only wanted her to say the exact words that was in the book. I don't care if it was in-front of Voldemort or not, I just wanted the words to be exact.
But if you aren't happy with that, then who am I to judge.

Zeroblivion
July 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Can I join?
Name: Zeroblivion
Describe your wand: 7 inches, with dragon core

Yes. I like Voldemort and Harry Potter scenes in Part 1 so far. No, it's just fine.

Hermione Granger
July 30th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Welcome to the club, Zeroblivion!

GUYS! I just thought of an "event" of some sorts for us. Since the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has been released, why not have a movie stream (of the old movies of course)? I'm going to be hosting the stream of course (and tbh, everything is ready). I just need to know when you guys are going to be up for it. Are you guys up for it?

Spartacus
July 30th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Name: Pave Low
Who killed our parents?: Madam Hooch
Describe your wand: Mahogany, 10 3/4", Unicorn horn dust

RubyJB88
July 31st, 2011, 05:57 AM
GUYS! I just thought of an "event" of some sorts for us. Since the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has been released, why not have a movie stream (of the old movies of course)? I'm going to be hosting the stream of course (and tbh, everything is ready). I just need to know when you guys are going to be up for it. Are you guys up for it?

And how is this going to work? Is it like making a Youtube video?

Since it's JKR's birthday (and Harry's) isn't she supposed to reveal more Pottermore stuff today?

Noah Ridgewood
July 31st, 2011, 07:19 AM
And how is this going to work? Is it like making a Youtube video?

Since it's JKR's birthday (and Harry's) isn't she supposed to reveal more Pottermore stuff today?
No revealings, no. They already spilled some information out at LeakyCon about Pottermore, and they want to keep it a secret for when you experience it yourself. The Magical Quill promotion started today, though, which is the beta access promotion where one million people will gain access to Pottermore to shape it before it opens in October. Every day (excluding today, because it already happened today), there's going to be a clue on the main page for a very short period of time throughout the day. You'll have to figure out the answer and go to: http://quill.pottermore.com/ANSWERHERE, where you'll be redirected to sony.com, and you'll have to find the quill floating around a bunch of other quills. Today's question was "How many breeds of owl are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign? Multiply this number by 49."

It's rather easy, but if you wait too long, it'll be gone. It floats on and off the screen. I catched it rather quickly, though, so I don't know how long it'll stay there. After that, you'll be able to register and sign your name in the book and choose between four generated username, which are a combination of two Harry Potter words with a number at the end. Once you've chosen, then they'll send you a validation email to the email that you've provided. This can take anywhere between the moment you successfully register to... well, it can take a while. Don't start panicking when you don't get the email. For me, I finished registration at 4:47 and didn't get the email until 6:02 AM. Some people who registered when the first clue was given still haven't gotten their email. I do have to say, don't bother trying to request a username or password. It won't work unless your account is validated. The email is just a validation, thank you email thanking you for registering and listing the conditions of registering early with a validation link below it:

"A million registrants are going to be granted early entry into Pottermore to help give it the finishing touches, and the exciting news is that if you validate your account quickly, you could be one of the lucky few selected. Please be quick because places are going to be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis*."

Then when you get the email, you click the link on it to confirm and sign in. Make sure you click it as soon as you can; the sooner you validate it, the higher your chances are at being chosen for early access. You don't gain access to it yet, though. You'll see one of two notices. I can't remember the first one, but it's for people who aren't positively getting access to the beta. Since they have a limited number of beta positions available, they can't give it to everyone - they're splitting the amount of people up gradually and inviting them over the course of the beta leading up to the end of September and starting today. If you do have access to the beta, and there is a seat for you (it comes at first come, first serve basis), then it'll say: "Congratulations! You’ve successfully validated your early access Pottermore account. You will be one of the lucky few to shape the experience before the site opens to all in October. You may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive as we can’t let everyone into the Beta site at the same time. We look forward to seeing you."

But I imagine it'll be hard for some people to get the quill at all. The quill appeared around 4:30 AM EST. Luckily some higher power made me wake up around that time and, alas, it was there. Around 5:13, Day 1 closed registration. So, as you can see, there's only a short period of time that you'll be able to find the quill. I imagine it won't be there the same time tomorrow, though. Otherwise, it'll become too easy, I'd say. More information here: http://insider.pottermore.com/

Jorah
July 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
Ahhh, I only found out about it this morning after all the places had been filled from Twitter. Going to have to remember tomorrow XD And I hope there is a quiz on what house you're in, and *not* randomly allocated - was discussing with other people how we'd delete our accounts if we were put into Hufflepuff XD Or, at least, get a new one. Then someone not too into Harry Potter says "What exactly is the point in Hufflepuff?" Oh dear. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I suppose the films don't really give much of a description for Hufflepuffs. But yeah, if I got an early account and was allocated into a house I didn't want, I don't know what I'd do. I'm just childish, I suppose XP

Noah Ridgewood
July 31st, 2011, 07:46 AM
There's a series of questions that JK Rowling compiled herself that you answer and then you're sorted. If I get put in Hufflepuff, I'll just make a new account when it's open to the public and force myself to get something else. There are advantages to being a Hufflepuff, though, in Pottermore. You get access to things earlier than the other houses, which was stated at the Pottermore panel at LeakyCon. I don't know how earlier you'll get the access, but I can't imagine it'd be more than a day or two. But still! It would suck to get Hufflepuff just because Hufflepuff doesn't really appeal all that much compared to the other three. It's just the other house with anyone who isn't necessarily witty, smart, cunning, or brave and are just... there. -- DON'T HIT ME!

Jorah
July 31st, 2011, 07:56 AM
There's a series of questions that JK Rowling compiled herself that you answer and then you're sorted. If I get put in Hufflepuff, I'll just make a new account when it's open to the public and force myself to get something else. There are advantages to being a Hufflepuff, though, in Pottermore. You get access to things earlier than the other houses, which was stated at the Pottermore panel at LeakyCon.

Ahhh, is it just me, or does it look like they know that Hufflepuff is going to be the least popular, and are trying to make it more appealing? XP It's just so obvious Gryffindor and Slytherin are going to be the two most popular, and then Ravenclaw. OK, good, if there's a quiz, then I'm going to answer honestly as I can...without it being a Hufflepuff answer. Sorry guys, I'm just not a fan of Hufflepuff :P

"Did some of the translations of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone contain a different answer to the first clue?
Yes, some of the translations only referred to four of the five owl types when describing the Eeylops sign. We are double-checking the consistency of the translations for the remaining clues but, when in doubt, please always refer to the original English versions of J.K. Rowling’s books. "

Oooh, it seems non-British book owners may be at a disadvantage. I never realised how publishers made these subtle differences with editing.

Alternative
July 31st, 2011, 08:25 AM
I don't know any of this stuff about Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I only know about it that everytime I watch it there are added scenes to it and it makes me scratch my head as to what's happening. It's really confusing. :/

Noah Ridgewood
July 31st, 2011, 09:19 AM
You should really read the book, then.

Cherrim
July 31st, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'm so worried I won't even have any sort of chance at the beta. ._.; If they're all in the middle of the night my time (I expect they won't be since JK would want to be fair to other timezones?) then I'm out of luck. But since I'm working full time this week too, I also expect that even on the days when it shows up at a decent time for me I'd only have internet access on my phone so there goes that idea. :( A friend said she'd sign me up if she can though so... fingers crossed. ;o;

As for publisher edits, I'm pretty sure the US is the only English-speaking country that had any changes, and even then I bet none of the questions asked would be like "what colour was the jumper Harry got for Christmas in the second book?" It's just with translated versions (French, German, Korean, etc.), there's less guarantees that the answer translated well enough to find. :x Regardless, thank goodness Canada has the original British books. Not that it helps me much, haha.

Thomas
July 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM
If it's always gonna be in the middle of the night, I really don't have a chance...I've been working like 60 hours a week lately and I crash most of the time at home at night. But I really wanna get access to this thing....gah, this sucks. I'm like having mini panic attacks over it. bleh.

Alternative
July 31st, 2011, 07:15 PM
You should really read the book, then.
Well it's more about in the movie when you see all of the Dudleys finding the letter address to harry before they go to that secluded island, and it's only ever one extra scene whenever I watch it, so it's not a big deal.

Cherrim
July 31st, 2011, 08:07 PM
A friend said she'd give me one of her accounts (since her sister didn't want it). eeeeeeee. n_n;
If it's always gonna be in the middle of the night, I really don't have a chance...I've been working like 60 hours a week lately and I crash most of the time at home at night. But I really wanna get access to this thing....gah, this sucks. I'm like having mini panic attacks over it. bleh.
Well, the whole point of making this a community instead of just a solo thing was to include everyone worldwide. So I assume that JKR would insist that the times these things go live be accomodating worldwide on at least some of the days.

Well it's more about in the movie when you see all of the Dudleys finding the letter address to harry before they go to that secluded island, and it's only ever one extra scene whenever I watch it, so it's not a big deal.
what, you haven't read the books. get out and don't return until you have. >:OOO

Alternative
July 31st, 2011, 10:18 PM
About this Pottermore thing, is it good? I'm thinking about trying to get into it or something if I can from seeing all these things about Harry Potter in general on Tumblr. It's making me want to get into Harry Potter some more, I need to see them movies which I didn't understand so much, namely the Order of the Phoenix.

Idk I'm rambling. :P

But anyway, I have a question which I was talking about with a friend a while ago which I thought could make some nice discussion here. Comparing the two actors of Albus Dumbledore (Richard Harris + Michael Gambon), who do you prefer to play as Dumbledore in the films, and why?

what, you haven't read the books. get out and don't return until you have. >:OOO
I never said I hadn't read the books. I'm reading Goblet of Fire now, and have read the first three.

Spartacus
August 1st, 2011, 12:46 AM
I got accepted for Pottermore! OMG Yay! Logged on and I am one of the 'lucky feW' member getting early acceSS!

UN: DraconisMidnight49

Jorah
August 1st, 2011, 01:46 AM
YAY~ My sister just told me she registered, so I got one, too :D And I've just validated it. I chose StarHex16. Apparently the answer is all over Twitter XD I didn't even look at the question XD I'm so happy to have got one, I feel like I'm never lucky with this sort of stuff XD

Noah Ridgewood
August 1st, 2011, 03:41 AM
Your usernames are a lot better than mine. My username is SeerNox16. u____u

But I like to think that it's rather befitting, given the nature of how I got it, and it sounds like a Ravenclaw-esque username, if I do say so myself! I was asleep last night and some higher power told me to wake up. I woke up, and tried to go back to sleep, but just couldn't fall asleep. Usually, I have no problem falling back to sleep. Thinking that it was a sign, I checked my phone, which had Pottermore sitting in a tab, and refreshed to find the clue. I jumped out of bed, got my laptop, and ran to the dinning room so I could leach some of the wifi from the neighbors. Nevertheless, congratulations to you both! Crossing my fingers neither of you are sorted into Hufflepuff! <3

RubyJB88
August 1st, 2011, 03:11 PM
Wait, so is it some kind of Flash animation that you'd have to wait for a few hours to get the right answer? Stupid email didn't alert me about anything. >:( I had no idea what was going on yesterday until I found out today.

There's no way I'd be able to get in! I mean, if you got it at 4 AM (which is ungodly for me) and it closed after 5 AM, forget it. I might as well wait for October. Does this start at 12AM? Or did you just start looking at the site around 4AM?

I thought it was all based on chance, as only a limited million people can get in. It's also unfair that the answers are posted elsewhere. How can you all get in just like that? That's pretty unfair.

I rather give up now. No need to be up all night just to get into a beta site.

Cherrim
August 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
The site was updated to give a hint at the time the hint is coming tomorrow. It's anywhere between 4am and 8am EST tomorrow. So if you just go to bed really early and get up early, you'd have as much chance as everyone else. :/ As far as I know, there's a hint posted and you have to look up the answer in the books and modify the URL on the page, then you can register if you're one of the first thousands to do this. Or something like that.

Guy
August 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): 11.5 inches, Oak, Phoenix feather
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: You know, I don't even think that's a real spell. Are you sure you're saying it right?

Took me long enough, but I'm joining!

Speaking of Pottermore, I'm not sure if I'll be able to join before it opens in October or not. I wake up at 6 A.M (Eastern Time) in the morning, but I'm never on the computer until close to 7, and I doubt that's early enough to find the magic quill before the day's chance closes. It sounds easy enough, it's just getting on in time, and so early. If I don't get the chance, then I'll just wait until its opening in October. Although, that seems so far away from today. ):

Hermione Granger
August 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
About the Pottermore thing, I decided that I'd just join when all these magic quill shenanigans are over. Besides, these stuff never works for me anyways. I figured out what was the answer to the clue yesterday, yet it really didn't work for some reason. Ahh, such bad luck. ):

And RubyJB88, by the movie stream, I mean live streaming via a website like livestream.com

Impo
August 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Pheonix Feather, Maple, 9 inches
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: YELLOW!
That was fun! I'm hoping I can join!
As for Pottermore, I found the magic quill and registered! Wasn't too hard. I heard there were 1,000,000 spots open so I would be optimistic.

Alternative
August 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I've actually decided that even if there are a million spots open for Pottermore, I'm not going to try and get in early. I don't want to take the opportunity away from something who would want it much more than me. I would feel guilty that way if I did that.

Jorah
August 1st, 2011, 11:45 PM
Hmm, if it's 9am-1pm today, that might mean the question is soon~

Wait, so is it some kind of Flash animation that you'd have to wait for a few hours to get the right answer? Stupid email didn't alert me about anything. >:( I had no idea what was going on yesterday until I found out today.

There's no way I'd be able to get in! I mean, if you got it at 4 AM (which is ungodly for me) and it closed after 5 AM, forget it. I might as well wait for October. Does this start at 12AM? Or did you just start looking at the site around 4AM?

I thought it was all based on chance, as only a limited million people can get in. It's also unfair that the answers are posted elsewhere. How can you all get in just like that? That's pretty unfair.

I rather give up now. No need to be up all night just to get into a beta site.

I would've given you one of my accounts. But there's a possibility the clue will start later today, so you might get one anyway~

Apparently it started 8am on Sunday, 10am on Monday, so people think it'll be 12pm today.

Noah Ridgewood
August 2nd, 2011, 02:28 AM
The clue for day three is up on Pottermore.com now, for those interested. It got up at 6:00 EST, so time is probably close to running out by now.

RubyJB88
August 2nd, 2011, 02:34 AM
Hah, I got in. Epic name by the way, NoxBlade146. Shouldn't have complained, I guess. Perhaps it was good to join now--PoA was one of the top favorites in this series.

As for House joining, I'm not as specific or picky about it. I'm borderline Gryffindor-Ravenclaw, so either one would be fine. That is, if some quiz was there.

Jorah
August 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
You can't find it on the Guardian site with AdBlock enabled, I was stumped for a while ^^ Now I can go out, I was waiting for the site to update so I could leave XD

Guy
August 2nd, 2011, 03:56 AM
I got in! Nick woke me up 6:00 this morning, right before my alarm had went off. I quickly shuffled downstairs to grab my laptop, ran back up, and turned it on. He told me the answer to the clue, but looking at it, it was really easy. I had finished reading Prisoner of Azkaban only a few days before too, so the book was still fresh in my mind.

I had the same problem as Jorah at first. It lead me to this Children's book site. I had my Ablock enabled so I couldn't see the magical quill anywhere. When I did disable it, it was right there on the side of the screen. I wouldn't say much searching was required at all. Then I waved my wand (A wand wasn't really there, but I find it more appropriate than saying 'moved my touchpad') and the magical quill levitated until a link on the screen showed up.

It was pretty fun. Felt like Christmas morning! I even managed to get my sister to join too; I had to do it for her though. She was too lazy to get up. u__u

But, we both got the e-mail, and now my account is activated! My username is FireboltAuror159. I liked it a lot, and it fit since I'm currently reading the Goblet of Fire. When I get the welcome e-mail in a few weeks, and I have to be housed, I hope I get Gryffindor. I wouldn't be too upset if I was placed into Ravenclaw though.

Hermione Granger
August 2nd, 2011, 04:18 AM
Such lucky people. ;;
Now I just have to make sure that I have adblock off and I'm set for tomorrow. :D
Even though I decided to not register early, I figured why not do it. The clues will get a bit easier this time around anyways. :D

the activity in this thread has gotten lately makes me tear up tbqh :D

RubyJB88
August 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
My username is FireboltAuror159.

Aww, you got lucky with that one! :(

Yeah, for these types of things, it's best to disable Adblock, and Flashblock. I knew that the page it took me to wasn't a trap or a mistake.

The way people are discussing how they brought people over to register, is it me, or was this very easy? It's like, "don't worry about not getting in, because you will". Never mind the fact it's limited to a million people. People I know so far have multiple accounts on it, as if the site opened up already. :/ Maybe it was over-hyped, who knows. Somewhere within this whole ordeal there had to be a "oh if you don't click that validation link within a microsecond, you will not get in" kind of feeling. Or was I just that plain lucky?

Jorah
August 2nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
I think they're doing this to start the hype, in a similar way Google does. Y'know, make it seem like it's limited access so everyone wants to get in on it. One million hardly seems limited though, or maybe it's just me. If they're doing it equally, its more than 100,000 places each day.

Guy
August 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
I definitely felt like I had to rush though. The way I kept hearing people saying it goes by so fast or whatnot, made me feel like if I didn't hurry up this morning, it was going to close on me while in the process of it all. And if I didn't keep tabs on my e-mail, and didn't activate my account right away, I was going to miss it all and have to re-register all over again the next day. Turns out, you're given 48 hours to activate your account...

I will say that the day's clue closed really fast this morning. I woke up at 6 A.M. when I got told it was open, and minutes to 7 this morning, I went back on Pottermore's site after I had activated my account to see it was closed already.

RubyJB88
August 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
It's going to suck for those who start this on the 5th and 6th. If they're careless to not activate within 48 hours, too late.

I was up 15 minutes late today! I panicked as I got to the site, but relieved it was still ongoing.

I heard the tests are all made by JKR and are quite difficult. Well, more difficult than these entry tests with the magic quill. So it won't be easy going into your favorite houses! Hufflepuff gets the most flak just because JKR didn't exploit them well enough (so I've heard). Throughout the series we heard most of the other three houses and hardly much from Hufflepuff, except for a student death and Founders relations to the "external backup soul drives" (yeah, those things). So even if those other "quizzes" were biased and ridiculous, I may end up in Slytherin in Pottermore. :/ Which is not necessarily bad, but still...

I was wondering, wouldn't it be more challenging if they gave out a different question from the same book to every person who wanted in? So for GoF, there were a total of, I dunno, five questions, and each were given out as rotation, so everyone didn't have the same answer, and it would be hard to cheat. But I guess that involves a lot of random variables and they didn't have a lot of time to spend on it.

Jorah
August 2nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
It's not just that, but other characters have thought the Hufflepuff house as dull and unremarkable. I remember Hagrid saying how they're a bunch of duffers, Malfoy said he'd leave if he were put there and Ron says something, but I can't remember what.

I don't see why those questions should be difficult...The Sorting Hat is supposed to consider what you want, as well...:( Unfair.

mzmingle
August 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
omg...do you need to do all the Pottermore tests?
I only did the first one.
well, if i do get in, then i bet i'd be in Ravenclaw. I'm always put in it in online tests lol.

RubyJB88
August 3rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
No, just answer the question the first time, find the magic quill, and register--you're done. For fun, you can check out what the other questions are for the next few days (which I'm doing).

Interestingly enough, today's question won't appear in the early morning unlike the last three days. The window is from 9AM to 1PM EST.

I've also noticed this, but why are all times in standard time? It should be in daylight time, right? It's so confusing!

Guy
August 3rd, 2011, 06:37 AM
For those of you who haven't gotten the chance yet, the fourth clue is up on Pottermore right now.

RubyJB88
August 3rd, 2011, 06:38 AM
I thought the question would tricky, given how it's written, but I guess not. I guess this starts the easy questions from here on out?

Miss Doronjo
August 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
Got my registration in for Pottermore.
My username is LightCat201. :3

At first I was confused because the clue for the Quill it redirected me to this Sony Page. @___@

And yeah; the question was pretty simple; well, I was reading Goblet of Fire at the time anyway. xD

Alternative
August 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
It's said that in the Q&A section for Pottermore. Days 1-3 will be harder and days 4-7 will be easier to get in. I'm assuming this would be so that the more hardcore Potterheads would get in and show the difference from the crowd or something. :P

Miss Doronjo
August 3rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
And...now the registration is closed for today.

That was fast! Like 30 minutes... @___@

RubyJB88
August 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Down to 30 minutes?! Sheesh! It was 57 minutes yesterday. I guess I was right in thinking that the ideal times to get in were the first three days.