PDA

View Full Version : <= PUZZLES! => The Professor Layton Fan Club

Nutella
April 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Welcome to the Professor Layton Fan Club!

http://gamernode.com/upload/manager///News%20Images/Nintendo/layton1279116654.jpg

Professor Layton is the series of hugely popular puzzle games released on the DS/3DS. There are books and a movie, but this fan club will focus on the games.

~ ~ LIST OF VIDEO GAME RELEASES: ~ ~
(Releases are all western dates. Released games are bolded)

The Curious Village [DS; 2008]
The Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box [DS; 2009]
The Unwound Future/Lost Future [DS; 2010]
The Spectre's Flute/Flute of Malevolent Destiny [DS; TBA]
The Mask of Miracle [3DS; TBA]
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright [3DS; May not be released in English]
Unnamed 6th Game

~~ RULES ~~

I'm not a big fan of rules, so I'll keep them brief:

1) Please hide all spoilers. Not everyone has played all of the games.

2) Images are welcome, but of course, nothing explicit. Explicit images can be linked, but not posted.

3) Going off topic is fine. This is a place to not only discuss Professor Layton, but for fans to also meet and such.

4) Not all topics have to be answered. In other words, if you're new, and can't be bothered answering the questions in the topics, that's okay- you don't have to. You can pick and choose if you like.

~~ MEMBERS ~~

~ Puzzle Master ~

Nutella

~ Apprentices ~

Lightning
Pikachewy
Edsbob
~Ryukaa
Starrodkirby86
Impo
Weespotty
TheGoddessOfDiscord
King!

~~ DISCUSSION TOPICS ~~

Which was the first game you played?
Which game is your favourite?
What is your favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?
Who is your favourite character?
How did you get to know about Professor Layton? [I](credit to Pikachewy)
Which character do you think resembles you?(credit to Pikachewy)
Would you consider the Professor Layton series as your favourite game? If not, what would you rate it in your top 10 favourite games?(credit to Pikachewy)

Cherrim
April 11th, 2011, 09:00 PM
/joins

I love Professor Layton. n_n I'm so glad it's a successful series here in the West (apparently, though I'm the only person I really know IRL who plays it) because it means the other games will be localized.

I got into the series shortly after the first game was released so I started with that and have played them in order. :)

Favourite plot was the first one but I think the third one has had my favourite puzzles so far.

Nutella
April 12th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Aww~<3, Cherrim... Anyway, onto the topic...

It's very successful in Australia as well. So far we've seen the first three, the Spectre's Flute will almost definitely be released Down Under. =) I also started off with the Curious Village, and the only thing I could complain about was how short it was. I WANTED MOAR, haha.

I thought the plot of the second game wasn't nearly as good as the first. The third game was spectacular, and I'll always fondly remember Legal Luke. I just loved that car puzzle! X)

Cherrim
April 12th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Third game had such a strange plot but at least it wasn't... AS bad (believability-wise) as the second game's. I think. xD;

Nutella
April 12th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Definitely. The second game was as tenuous as tenuousness itself. Still, burlesque house FTW.

Cherrim
April 13th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Haha, I'd forgotten about that! I though it was kind of a risque thing to put in a children's game. :P Not that they'd understand, I suppose. Or that the games are really played by any kids I know.

Pikachewy
April 15th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Please count me in! XD I'm a noob to the game and I've just played the beginning of the Curious Village... :cer_blush: But I really like the game and movie :P

Nutella
April 15th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Haha, I'd forgotten about that! I though it was kind of a risque thing to put in a children's game.:P Not that they'd understand, I suppose. Or that the games are really played by any kids I know.

Professor Layton seems to appeal to older kids. Well, kids older than I thought. I don't know of a fan under 13.

Please count me in! XD I'm a noob to the game and I've just played the beginning of the Curious Village... http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/smilies/cerulean/9.%20blush.gif But I really like the game and movie :P

My word, YOUR SIG IS TOO COOL! Anyway, welcome, Pikachewy! Dude, you're so in. Let me know how you go~ Also, did you like the movie? I saw it in Japanese, and seriously, the English voices are better. CRM 4eva~♥ They made an English version of the movie in London, apparently. Hopefully we get the books as well. Yeah.

"This reminds me of a puzzle!"

█████
█████
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
C/ ▪ |▪|
██ ◡’ノ
███v█
███ █

EPIC WIN RIGHT THERE!

Edsbob
April 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM
"Pikachewy's sig."
SUBTITLES: Epic Win.

Keeping to mah promise, plus Rayton, Ruke and the puzzles are long-lasting fun so please count me in or 'I'll smash you right out of the sky!'.

Curious Village. I still remember the first viewing of the beautifully animated movies.

Unwound future. The plot went here and there near the end, but I loved almost everything else about it.

Cherrim
April 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Ohh I saw the movie. :D I loved it and if they release an English version on DVD, I'll definitely buy it.

Nutella
April 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome, Eddy~♥!

Yes, I'll definitely watch/buy the English version. Layton's voice is MUCH better in English.

New topic: Favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?

Pikachewy
April 17th, 2011, 02:55 AM
My favourite type of puzzle is one of those trick questions. Such as "what is the last letter of the Alphabet?" Lol, ;)

Nutella
April 17th, 2011, 03:12 AM
My favourite type of puzzle is one of those trick questions. Such as "what is the last letter of the Alphabet?" Lol, ;)

LOL, MAH FELLOW AUSTRALIAN! I like swapping stuff, like those foodstuff can ones, jugs, crossing the river, etc.. I also enjoy dividing things, too. Damn people and their inheritance disputes! -__-

Edsbob
April 17th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I always liked the pancakes, the jugs, the division ones. I now like the slider puzzles as well.

"Thanks to the Professor Layton series, now I can solve that toucan slider puzzle on the Windows Vista Widget in two minutes. TAKE THAT, TOUCAN!

With Professor Layton, you can beat that toucan!"

Nutella
April 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
LOL, nice work, Eddy. ♥ I still can't do slider puzzles well...

Cherrim
April 17th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hmm. I think my favourite puzzle types are the math ones. 8D; Otherwise, I actually kind of like the slider ones so long as I don't have to do it in a certain number of turns.

I haaaated the slider puzzles the first time I had to do them but Layton got me into them. xD I have a game on my phone that's entirely sliding puzzles and it's probably my favourite thing to do when I'm sitting on the bus or in a waiting room.

~Ryukaa
April 17th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I've got to join this. xDD;;

Curious Village, naturally.
So faaar... the Lost Future. It was the story that appealed most to me. xD;
...:B
Probably the banana slip mazes.

Nutella
April 17th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I haaaated the slider puzzles the first time I had to do them but Layton got me into them. xD I have a game on my phone that's entirely sliding puzzles and it's probably my favourite thing to do when I'm sitting on the bus or in a waiting room.

The ones where you have to do it an [x] amount of times made me feel like I was roasting alive from the inside. Haha, my old Samsung had an ap where you can make slider puzzles out of your existing images. It sadly, did not improve my skills. It did however, give me an edge on the puzzle in Zelda's Wind Waker.

Probably the banana slip mazes

How could I forget that?! They were SO WIN! It also reminds me of how much I loved that mini-game in the Professor's trunk where you had to plan out a route for the Laytonmobile.

Starrodkirby86
April 17th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Slider puzzles...

...Love-hate relationship...

That reminds me that I still need to finish all the slider puzzles in the third game... That gate one, the second time around, hoo boy.

I watched Curious Village being played and I helped in it, so I can't really consider that for credit. So...Diabolical Box.

Unwound Future. I shed man tears for that.

The ice slipping one was really enjoyable (In Diabolical Box, the banana peel slipping over in Unwound Future is pretty much the same), and my favorite puzzle types are usually the trick question ones.

v Spoiler about content of Diabolical Box Reopened v
So how about that slider puzzle, yeah? :v And I thought the other one was pretty horrendous. ;_;

Edsbob
April 19th, 2011, 08:31 AM
The ice slipping one was really enjoyable (In Diabolical Box, the banana peel slipping over in Unwound Future is pretty much the same), and my favorite puzzle types are usually the trick question ones.

YES.

The ice slipping ones make the Pokemon Ice Cave a leisurely slide. They're fun too.

I still remember the puzzle in the first game where you had to stake the monster's eye...

On a seperate note, I always jump when I hear the "BOOOOWww..." noise when you get the answer incorrect.

Pikachewy
April 21st, 2011, 04:20 AM
Do any of you use the blogspot walkthrough when playing Professor Layton?

...This thread seems a bit inactive... -_-

~Ryukaa
April 21st, 2011, 04:28 AM
...Yes. I did use it a few times. xD;
Not many though! Eheh. ^^;

Impo
April 21st, 2011, 04:30 AM

My first game was Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

So far, Unwound Future. The storyline may be a little confusing, but I love it. But when VS Ace Attorney comes out that will be my game. I even made a fanfic to celebrate my fav video characters coming together xD .

My favourite puzzles are usually the ones that are trick questions and the like.
something like this;
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y321/da_impos/P005.png?t=1303388915

Pikachewy
April 21st, 2011, 05:35 AM
One problem though... I don't think that PL vs AA will come out in english... :<
Type in "will professor layton vs ace attorney come out in english" on google and click the 2nd option (I haven't made 15 posts yet so no hyperlinks -_-)
TAT I REALLY don't want to believe this... I dunno if it's true or not...

EDIT: "Capcom has confirmed that its exciting Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton crossover title for the Nintendo 3DS is currently exclusively a Japanese release.

The game is a collaborative effort between Capcom and Level-5 and has been written by Ace Attorney creator Shu Takumi.

The publisher has encouraged international gamers to share their excitement and support for the game in the comments section of the Capcom-Unity blog. With enough comments the game may receive an international release, it says."

Weespotty
April 21st, 2011, 05:59 AM
I'm under 13! and Im a fan!
The 1st game, It was awesome
They're all good, But if I had to choose, The 3rd game.
I like all the puzzles!

Pikachewy
April 21st, 2011, 06:01 AM
I am too :)
Welcome! XD But you'll have to wait untill Nutella comes back to add your name to the list.

EDIT: We have hit the second page!!! Horray~

Weespotty
April 21st, 2011, 06:06 AM
Yay! I hope this will be popular.

Edsbob
April 21st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Oh, we won't let this thread die. I mean, we already have two pages-- this is a legendary thread in the making!

As for PL vs. AA, I don't mind if it's in Japanese as long as I can get my hands on it and play it on my DS. I'm looking forward to it. Though I'm not sure whether it will be as good as the trailers made it look...

Anyway welcome Impo and Weespotty!

Weespotty
April 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I can't wait to see the next 3 games...

TheGoddessOfDiscord
April 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
I want to join.

First one. Pure awesomeness.
Third one without a doubt. The plot was very good and the graphics are awesome.
I like all kinds of puzzles.

Nutella
April 22nd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Do any of you use the blogspot walkthrough when playing Professor Layton?

I try my best not to use walkthroughs. About 95% of the time, I don't use one to find answers, but I do so to find Hint Coins and hidden puzzles. Even though the Puzzle Shack helps you out.

One problem though... I don't think that PL vs AA will come out in english... :<

I heard a similar rumour like that... as with all rumours, if only I could remember the source! I hope this won't be the case, given the popularity of the two games.

Also, welcome to new members! I may be tugging on strings, but here's another topic that could keep us posting a couple of more times:

Favourite character?

~Ryukaa
April 23rd, 2011, 01:53 AM
Favourite character?
Because I'm unsure if this is spoiler or not, I'll put it in a tag.
Claire. She was very likable in a few moments you saw her in the game. Cheerful, bright, friendly. Perfect for Layton. I felt really bad for her by the end of the game. She got forced into an experiment, and because of that, she was doomed to disappear. Especially when things were going so well with her and Layton. God-damnit, Bill. He killed Clive's parents as well. :<

Starrodkirby86
April 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
I don't really have a favorite character in particular, but I always appreciated Layton the most. With the ending on Unwound Future, man, my respect our good ol' archeologist.

How about our mysterious friend, Stachenscarfen? :D

http://images.wikia.com/layton/images/e/ef/Stachenscarfen.png

EDIT:

Yeah, I think the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game will have low chances of reaching international shores. They already made Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Japan only. It's probably due to the lackluster sales that Capcom got for the Phoenix Wright series in general (Its sales only got a cult fanbase rather than a big hotcake seller like Okamiden or something).

Sources: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104551-Professor-Layton-Phoenix-Wright-Crossover-for-Japan-Only-Says-Capcom

http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-ds/18701/ace-attorney-investigations-2-not-getting-localised/

Pikachewy
April 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Luke~ XD He's so cute in the movie!

Emmy has very good fighting skills. Impressive. =D

Nutella
April 25th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I definitely love Luke and "Legal Luke". Of course, Mr. Layton is a close second. Don Paolo is pretty funny; he cracks me up. I always try to call him Don Paula, LOL.

Yeah, I think the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game will have low chances of reaching international shores. They already made Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Japan only. It's probably due to the lackluster sales that Capcom got for the Phoenix Wright series in general (Its sales only got a cult fanbase rather than a big hotcake seller like Okamiden or something).

*Sigh* Looks like people have no choice but to play in Japanese, or wait for a translated emulation.

Pikachewy
April 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Having to play the game in Japanese will probably cause little/no understanding of the storyline...  ಥ﹏ಥ Weird sad face.

New topics: How did you get to know about Professor Layton?

Which character do you think resembles you?

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Having to play the game in Japanese will probably cause little/no understanding of the storyline...

Luckily, my Japanese is quite good. There may be some things I won't get, but I should be okay.
How did you get to know about Professor Layton?

My sister bought it one day, and she recommended that I play it. I fell in love! I was hooked! XD

That's a tough one. I'd love to say Lady Dahlia, because she's beautiful, but I'll probably go with Starchen- just because I'm a bit of joker and don't take many things seriously.

Pikachewy
April 26th, 2011, 01:33 AM
O.o Lucky... I don't know ANY Japanese at all... TAT

Look what I found! :) http://can.blog.shinobi.jp/Category/8/1/
http://wredwrat.deviantart.com/gallery/12709539

~Ryukaa
April 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I'm learning Japanese at the moment, so by the time the game comes out, I might be okay to play it. xD;
Who knows. I still suck at it. xDD;;

How did you get to know about Professor Layton?
I just played my cousin's copy of it once. But since there was limited time, I didn't take the game seriously and found it boring. Some time after, I tried getting it myself and playing it. It was magnificent. xD;

Uhh.This is a really hard question. xDD;;
Um. Uhhh. ...Legal Luke, maybe? xD;

That fanart is adorable, btw. xD;

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Look what I found! :) http://can.blog.shinobi.jp/Category/8/1/
http://wredwrat.deviantart.com/gallery/12709539

Oh~ The sheer win. You should give Pixiv (http://www.pixiv.net/) a try if you haven't already. Lots of quality Japanese fanart. Not to sound racist, but I usually prefer the styles of Japanese fanartists rather than the Western.

I'm learning Japanese at the moment, so by the time the game comes out, I might be okay to play it. xD;
Who knows. I still suck at it. xDD;;

Cool! Very brave of you- Japanese is tough! =O I've been speaking, reading and writing for years and my opinion hasn't changed.

Uhh.This is a really hard question. xDD;;
Um. Uhhh. ...Legal Luke, maybe? xD

If you look like Legal Luke, you're in trouble! ;)

~Ryukaa
April 26th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Oh, Legal Luke is a pretty boy. I'm not a pretty boy. xDD;;
I think it's more personality wise, really.
And yeah, I've been learning Japanese for a couple years already, but it's government provided stuff, so I'm learning it pretty slowly, but I'm glad I'm able to learn it nonetheless. xD;
I've never been on Pixiv myself, I might give it a go sometime in the future.

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Oh, Legal Luke is a pretty boy. I'm not a pretty boy. xDD;;

Awww~ I'm SURE YOU SPARKURU. Which reminds me of this mildly amusing Professor Layton/Twilight parody crossover fic: Professor Layton and the Twilight Enigma! (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5388324/1/Professor_Layton_and_the_Twilight_Enigma)

Am I the only person that cracked up when Don Paolo declared that he would "smash Layton right out of the sky?"

~Ryukaa
April 26th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Honestly, I didn't laugh at that point. xD;
Professor Layton/Twilight? That sounds wacky. :V

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 04:20 AM
It does indeed, but I usually like things that pay out Twilight. Obviously the Professor would drop everything for Bella. Duh.

~Ryukaa
April 26th, 2011, 04:25 AM
In that fanfic... Is... the Professor a Shiny unicorn Vampire? : O

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I don't think so. I can't remember. But I'm confident that Edward is the only that shines. ♥

Pikachewy
April 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Mmm, read the first page of Professor Layton and the Twilight Enigma. Second page contains spoilers of the Diabolical box so I'm not reading it. :P Not bad!

EDIT: New topic to discuss! :) Would you consider the Professor Layton series as your favourite game? If not, what would you rate it in your top 10 favourite games?

Nutella
April 28th, 2011, 04:13 AM
It's not, right? It's a serious-ish parody. No ******** random humour. You either hit or miss with cracky stuff. Anywho, thanks for the great topic suggestions as usual.

Would you consider the Professor Layton series as your favourite game? If not, what would you rate it in your top 10 favourite games?It's not my absolute most favourite game. Here's ten I can think of on top of my head. I have too many. Also, sorry, but except for #1, none are in a particular order:

1. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Tales of Symphonia
5. Pokemon Platinum
6. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
7. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
8. Donkey Kong Country
9. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble
10. Pokemon Silver

Pikachewy
May 4th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Have any of you watched the Professor Layton Western show?
If you haven't, you should watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjwhoSAxnU&feature=player_embedded
It's a really good video! :D

~Ryukaa
May 5th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Would you consider the Professor Layton series as your favourite game? If not, what would you rate it in your top 10 favourite games?
To be honest, no. It would be floating around my top 20, but not top 10. I do really like it, though. : )

I just watched that video. xD;
That's awesome. Poor Legal Luke. xDD;

King!
May 5th, 2011, 11:29 AM
omigod Professor Layton is the best. If it's allright I'd like to join. ^.^

That video is the most amazing thing on the internet *coughbesidesmaybethenewwinniethepoohtrailercough*

I'm not sure how I got into Professor Layton...I think at first I thought it was hard but then I realized it was all puzzles :D And so my twelve-year-old self went and bought the second game in the series -.-

Pikachewy
May 6th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Welcome! :) Although you didn't need to ask "May I please join"; there's new rules about posting in other clubs, please take a moment to read them: they can be found here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248946). ;)

Make sure you don't forget about this club, otherwise we'd be lonely. ;_;

That video's good, isn't it? :D

Also, we've hit the 3rd page!!! XD Horray!! :cer_boogie:

Nutella
May 6th, 2011, 11:59 PM
If you haven't, you should watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjwh...layer_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjwhoSAxnU&feature=player_embedded)
It's a really good video! :D

LOL. Poor Legal Luke~ makes me wanna fangirl over his hawtness. Loved the look on Layton's face when dear Don Paolo verbally owned my dear Professor.

On a side note, there is a fan club crazier than ours! I respect them:

http://professorlayton.livejournal.com/104881.html (http://professorlayton.livejournal.com/104881.html)

Pikachewy
May 7th, 2011, 12:12 AM
XDD;; But they haven't reached the 3rd page yet!! :P

I have PL pics! :) ... May contain mild spoilers?
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/CutePLpeoples.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/LolROFLXD.png
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/omnomnom.png

~Ryukaa
May 7th, 2011, 12:37 AM
You always tend to find awesome pictures, don't you, Chewy? xDD;;
I love them all. That puzzle. xD;
That puzzle is awesome.
WHY IS LUKE NOMMING ON MAYA'S BURGER. D:

Nutella
May 7th, 2011, 12:49 AM
You always tend to find awesome pictures, don't you, Chewy? xDD;;

CHEWY IS A COOL NICKNAME... and yes, she does.

WHY IS LUKE NOMMING ON MAYA'S BURGER. D:

It's a reference to the upcoming crossover, I believe! =D Luke has a HUGE appetite, apparently. *Evil snicker*

~Ryukaa
May 7th, 2011, 12:55 AM
But, it's Maya's burger! D:
Luke can just ask Layton to order him a 5 course meal.
/looks at luke eating on the molentary express.

It is a cool nickname! xDD;;
I need to give you one too. :V

EDIT: I just remembered this box-art I made a while ago for the fourth game.
Here it is. xD;

Pikachewy
May 7th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks guys! ^ ^ Most of the time when I go on the internet, I search up random pics and come across really good ones. I'll post more as I eventually find more...
@~Ryu, your box cover is awesome! :D Chaotic flute? :o I'm learning flute right now...

EDIT: More Layton pics!!!! May contain mild spoilers. ;)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lba16h7gie1qz9vfgo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1304904368&Signature=aOICLYoMaD6Ulq77c%2B6Z1TbP%2Bk0%3D
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbjvkilAeg1qetojzo1_500.jpg
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhxp53MRv1qzpivvo1_500.png
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhse3kMWa1qc2nk9o1_500.jpg
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhscbFQVN1qc2nk9o1_500.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/298/e/2/aa_layton__burgers_and_tea_by_bearwithglasses-d31iw39.png
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbhltqTnKD1qd39g0o1_500.png
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lblaodo4el1qbji3co1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lblcqaYmcu1qe7pono1_500.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/pillowxiii/shirataki.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/pillowxiii/lukethehedgehog.gif
(Gif from the eternal diva) Luke should join track.
^^''' Sorry, the comic is a bit small... I can't find a larger version of it. Save it onto your PC and enlarge it.

King!
May 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Those are the most amazing pictures I have ever seen in my life ever. ^.^ I love Luke...

Pikachewy
May 9th, 2011, 02:21 AM
It's good that you like it. :cer_wink:
I'm also very glad that you came back and checked on this thread! XD

~Ryukaa
May 9th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Haha, yeah. I was thinking about what the localization name would be, since it's usually changed it that matter.
The Devil's Box = The Diabolical Box
The Last Time Travel = The Unwound Future

So yeah. xD;
The Majin's Flute = The Chaotic Flute

Them pictures of yours, Chewy. They are awesome. |D
I love that Ace Attorney and Layton art style switch you posted up there. xDD;;

Pikachewy
May 9th, 2011, 03:59 AM
XD Thank you so much! You're flattering me with all those compliments! :cer_blush:

All right MORE PICS! =D Nutella(Nutsy?) and King likes Luke & Legal Luke so there will be some here. Contains mild spoilers. :D
I've seriously spoiled myself with all these pictures; I haven't even finished the 1st game yet. :V
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkrcbh2Se61qa9kx9.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/pillowxiii/shirataki2.gif
http://img27.pixiv.net/img/miyu_mon/14399568_m.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbn42fIxoT1qe7pono1_500.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/pillowxiii/legalandluke.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/pillowxiii/legalsolve.gif

~Ryukaa
May 9th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Nutsy! :D
That sounds awesome.
"You know what they say! A little bit of Flattery can open big doors!" -Trucy, Ace Attorney 4. : )
/stares at descole. ...That's perfect. :V

King!
May 9th, 2011, 12:37 PM
YAY LEGAL LUKE AND LUKE!!! I forgot how smexy Legal Luke was.... ._.

:3 EVen though I bought the second game first, I realized that you needed the first one to know who...er...somebody was. ;.; SO I've beaten all three of them in order ^_^

Pikachewy
May 9th, 2011, 10:13 PM
That's good. I've spoiled my self waaaay too much All right that's enough complains from me. I'll just have to control my curiosity, I guess... -.-

Who wants Professor Layton game music? :P

OMG! XD This thread is actually getting active! :cer_boogie:

Also, I don't understand Japanese, just to tell you, some of the pics I found are Jap because I found them on Pixiv. =D

~Ryukaa
May 9th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Layton Game Music? Sure, why not? xD;
It's alright, Chewy. I spoiled Unwound Future, before I played it. I spoiled all of it. :V
I still enjoyed the game, and beat it a couple times, so it's all good. xDD;;
Hooray for activity!

Pikachewy
May 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM
XD Right....

But first, pictures. ;)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lamnsvIfty1qc2nk9o1_1280.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1305095284&Signature=ZRsA5SV%2B7SVZfpWjticJLuSqVL0%3D
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8nkqlEyQQ1qa8zaio1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1305096133&Signature=Ag7Qd%2BIzL5%2FKEVTwjU%2FfFZuOzbg%3D
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9l7b7rkw51qdz3ppo1_500.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9qjqzDqmI1qdz3ppo1_400.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_la1qgzsEHC1qdz3ppo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1305095903&Signature=2PJcNpcBFU2%2BB83U0iDkWUXZu68%3D
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbu4mcbUcX1qetojzo1_500.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lamfzoSl451qc2nk9o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1305096703&Signature=OEJ2uVdQYJ3NvAK6JlXrLWagX%2FE%3D

Nutella
May 9th, 2011, 11:03 PM
LOL, random, but after that picture, I want to propose the theory that blush makes everything look cute. Not my idea, though- YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

~Ryukaa
May 9th, 2011, 11:31 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8nkqlEyQQ1qa8zaio1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1305096133&Signature=Ag7Qd%2BIzL5%2FKEVTwjU%2FfFZuOzbg%3D

That.
That is awesome. xDD;;

Pikachewy
May 9th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Lol here's some music. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHUPP3LR6fM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA

They all sound pretty nice. ;)

Oops forgot some pics~ XD

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc93mnsI2l1qcxc4co1_500.png

Nutella
May 9th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Awww~♥ poor Layton looks crestfallen!

Pikachewy
May 10th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Awww~♥ poor Layton looks crestfallen!
He certainly does. ;)

I accidentally left out some pics from my previous post...

So here they are! XD Enjoy! :)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la42t7znTM1qe7pono1_500.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/Puzzlestea.png

~Ryukaa
May 10th, 2011, 03:46 AM
The piiiiictures. They're EVERYWHERE. :D
/drowns in pictures while screaming in joy.
WOO.
I should actually do something here. :V

Pikachewy
May 10th, 2011, 10:19 PM
=O Am I posting too much pictures here?

Here's a quick one:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/283/8/b/new_plan_by_berendsnors_fanart-d30hikv.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/342/8/c/making_of_by_berendsnors_fanart-d34hjmx.jpg
:D

~Ryukaa
May 10th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I've got a flash video, that I made and probably mentioned a while ago here. It's woopy. :V
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/569597

Aaaanyway. ...Yeah. xDD;;

Pikachewy
May 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM
XDD;; It's so random!

... Can't stop myself...
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/276/4/9/Layton_vs__Edgey_by_Berendsnors_Fanart.jpg
YAY!! 4th page!! :cer_boogie:

~Ryukaa
May 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
They cannot stand Godot's coffee? :O
That's surprising. xD;
If we get up to 10 pages, I'll do something nice.
/trying to think of something nice. :V

Pikachewy
May 10th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Yay! I'll be looking forward to that~ :P I'll post more pics to take up space

~Ryukaa
May 11th, 2011, 02:41 AM
v/Gusmpt5DTlk

This piece! It's so nice! |D
God I love Lost Future so much. Such a good game. -w-

Pikachewy
May 11th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Simply BEAUTIFUL. <3333
Ryu, you have a good sense of music. XD Thanks for uploading it!

King!
May 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Unwound Future was intense ^_^

ROFL 'I'M LOOKING FOR HINT COINS' I don't think you post too many pics xD I love the music for these games <3

Pikachewy
May 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I most definitely agree. :cer_wink:

What do you think is the best sounding music of all the games?

Sorry, I can't answer because I'm jest a beginner.... XD;

Don't worry there'll be more pics. ;)

~Ryukaa
May 11th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Well, of season 1(first three games), I'd have to go with the theme of the Last Time Travel. The composition for this song is absolutely splendid! |D
v=9JorCQ_Cvo8

The season 2 games have some pretty nice sounding tracks, but I've hardly heard any of them, so yeah. /shrugs
I'll have to wait until they come out in english, or until I'm good enough at Japanese. Either way. xD;

Pikachewy
May 13th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Thanks! =D It does sound really nice...

Some screenshots from the Eternal Diva! (Luke only) XD
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/Lukewithouthat.png
Luke without hat! How rare! XD
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/Lukecrying-1.png
The little gentleman nearly cried.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/Thelittlegentlemanpreparestofight.png
He prepares to fight...
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/Andfails.png
...And fails.

~Ryukaa
May 13th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Oh, Luke. xDD;;
Young Luke is especially awesome.
I would buy the Eternal Diva DVD, but I don't like in the UK. :V
I don't order online much either, so yeah.

King!
May 13th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I watched that movie online somewhere....there's this one guy in it, and his hair is blue, and it sticks out in a poof the whole time and it was really annoying Dx *coughrandomcough*

But it was really good ^_^

Pikachewy
May 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Yes the movie is quite good. More suitable for children over the age of ten, as the storyline is just a bit confusing. ;)

For people who want to watch the Eternal Diva, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKW2d0pf90 (english)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEFm0Tw36R8&list=PL8F9E37211DA19ED3 (Japanese with english subtitles)

EDIT: Another batch of pics! =D enjoy!
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9ymdq67441qe7pono1_500.png
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwlkwgcCoG1qatl2to1_400.png
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lclkhpDdfw1qa748ko1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7u3iguGLG1qab9vxo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcpzazTxMd1qco5wko1_500.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lco0gbcMKn1qe2tcgo1_500.jpg
How cute is that Luke. <3

King!
May 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Those are probably the best ones yet :DDDDDD

And yeah, I had to go back and watch a couple of things in the movie because it was a little confusing. x___x

Pikachewy
May 18th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Those are probably the best ones yet :DDDDDD
:o Really?

Picture crazy!!! :DDDD

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbab4dQY891qzzd1lo1_500.png
http://tewi.us/tegaki/images/201010/05/23/128633485484-68555.png
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcz4x7t31S1qf9vxio1_500.png
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld2nawyuPC1qf9vxio1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld2u4nv5DJ1qc8prao1_400.jpg

XDDDDDDD;;;

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld1mxfQAZE1qe7pono1_500.png
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld1esuWtMc1qdeg9ko1_500.png

Luke being precious

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld1dtlfB9R1qdeg9ko1_500.png

Luke being precious 2

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5021/preciousluke2phixr.png

Oh Luke stop being so lovable <3

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/097/9/4/Descole_IceCream_by_Rosecloud.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/Pikachewy11/Professor%20Layton%20pics/764c348f6d7ce8eb2f0b9a24883a5c61.png
(I changed the last letter... ^^''' I'm so sorry, I'm extra paranoid and anti-swearing... If you want the original it's here:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/281/7/6/764c348f6d7ce8eb2f0b9a24883a5c61.png)
Oh, and I made the font in the spoiler bigger so they're easier to read. ;)

Cherrim
May 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Those are all awesome. xD; My favourite is by far the top hat in the front row one omggg. I picked up on the hypocrisy of sitting like front row and not even shutting up for the performance but totally missed the hat.

~Ryukaa
May 26th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Time for a new topic!

So, E3 is coming up, which Layton game are you looking forward to being announced?

Pikachewy
May 27th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Horray for activity! xD;
Well, I hope they announce that either Mask of Miracle or PL vs AA will come out in English.
Better if both will come out in English.

Have I answered this question correctly? :o

~Ryukaa
May 27th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Yep. xD;
You answered it fine. I don't have any doubts about Miracle Mask coming out in english, I'm just a little worried about Majin's Flute. It seems a bit... left out. :(

Pikachewy
May 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Don't worry. xD;
The Majin's Flute will come out in September. :)
It will make the perfect birthday present for me

~Ryukaa
May 28th, 2011, 01:02 AM
September feels like it's going to be a long time from now. xD;
Anyway, I hope that the September release date isn't just a rumour. I would be pretty disappointed if it was. Then again, if it wasn't, and E3 announced it to come out even earlier than September, that'd be even better. xDD;;
I need to play Diabolical Box again. Since it's the middle cihld of Season 1, I didn't really give it as much attention as it deserved. .-.;
Anton is still a pretty cool character, though. :U

Impo
May 28th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Gosh, I need that Majin's flute game already. I don't want to wait until September :(

~Ryukaa
May 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I'm pretty interested in the mini RPG that's supposedly including in it. "Professor Layton and London Life". xDD;;
Reminds me alot of Mother 3, which is a game that I loved.

Pikachewy
May 28th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Hopefully this proves the release date is not a rumour:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100927152842AAXiKdM

I really hope so but yahoo answers... Anyone can answer. :\

~Ryukaa
May 28th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Ahh, I see. "Around". It was just an estimate. xDD;;
Well, I'd be surprised if they didn't release it in english, especially since Professor Layton sells pretty well.

~Ryukaa
May 29th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Bump. I'm probably not allowed to do this, but I'm doing it anyway.
Only for one reason. This. (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/26/professor-layton-and-the-last-specter-spotted-likely-e3-announcement/)
We're getting Professor Layton 4. It's going to be called "Professor Layton and the Last Specter". That sounds really cool, in my opinion. xDD;;

Pikachewy
May 29th, 2011, 11:13 PM
O.O
WHOOP WHOOP!!
Davey, you did us one of the greatest favours ever in the history of this fanclub. xDD;;
/Pat on the back
Great! The "Last Specter" sounds awesome! :D

Edit: Another reason to be happy: We've reached the fifth page!! xD;

Impo
May 30th, 2011, 12:40 AM
We're getting some more Layton?
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

...Exciting, isn't it :pink_giggle:

~Ryukaa
May 30th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Very exciting! xDD;;
Not to mention that this is the game I've been most interested in so far. Ohh, man. It's going to be great. |D
v/CTbv_TTR2mA

Last Specter... It sounds so cool. |O

With that song, I bring another topic relevant to this moment.

What are you looking forward to and hoping for in the Last Specter?

Pikachewy
May 30th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Lol I want to know how Luke became Professor Layton's assistant and what their relationship is! :cer_nod:
It might take me quite a while to find out, caused by the very limited time I'm allowed to play video games. :\

King!
May 30th, 2011, 05:18 AM
WAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!! *throws confetti*

The music in these games is so cool 8D

Looking forward to....hmmm...just another Layton game. The whole thing, reallly. Puzzles and story and all of it :D Although one specific thing is how Layton and Luke met, yes. :3

myokan
May 31st, 2011, 03:30 AM
I want to be into the fan club! Iʻve always loved the games.

1. The first game I played was Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

3. My favorite Puzzle is the chicks&wolfs from Curios Village.

7. Layton is not my favorite game, Iʻd rank it about 3rd.

Pikachewy
May 31st, 2011, 11:18 PM
Yay! Another Layton lover! :D
Another topic: Use your imagination - How do you think Layton and Luke met and what is their relationship?

|D

~Ryukaa
May 31st, 2011, 11:35 PM
Use your imagination - How do you think Layton and Luke met and what is their relationship?
Wellll. From the clues being given throughout the Season 1 games, I'm just going to guess that Luke's dad had to go off on some long business trip, and had to have someone take care of Luke. So he just chose Professor Layton, for certain reasons. xD;

Impo
June 1st, 2011, 01:53 AM
Hehe, that was my guess :P

Or what with the city in havoc, he asks Layton to watch over Luke while his father is concentrating on the evil being disrupting the city..

Pikachewy
June 5th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Great ideas guys! :)
It's be funny if Layton was Luke's father, but that's not gonna happen. xD;
Sorry for my inactivity of posting pictures lately, I haven't found any good pics. :\
Just a small update today...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/x0_000/fire%20emblem%20stuff/professorlayton.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldhgsg8iGP1qbm81ho1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1307430133&Signature=NHdR9UP%2FEj%2FwA8k0a%2Bitk21ZRY4%3D
http://blog-imgs-47-origin.fc2.com/f/a/i/faintlightnight/100528lu2.gif
http://blog-imgs-47-origin.fc2.com/f/a/i/faintlightnight/100621lu.gif

~Ryukaa
June 6th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Is it weird that the first one reminds me of Champion Cynthia? xDD;;
That second one. Oh god, that's awesome. :O
/images layton as an oddish
There's something wrong with me. xD;
Oh, and hey. Nintendo's conference is tomorrow, if I remember correctly. Looking forward to it so much. Laaaayton. |D

Impo
June 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
That pixel Layton looks too cool.
Nice finds! Where do you get this stuff?

Pikachewy
June 7th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Everywhere. xDD;;
Deviantart, google images... And people's blogs. :)
Oh, wow~! E3 coming so soon! :DDD

~Ryukaa
June 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Aaaaand the Last Specter trailer is out.
v/szRjgA8_xp4

There are no voices, disappointly, but it's still something! :D

Cherrim
June 15th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Excitement!

I've seen the first 20 minutes or so of the game and I'm still really looking forward to it. n_n I'm mostly excited just to do lots of puzzles again, but I'm definitely still curious about how Luke became Layton's apprentice.

...but I'm probably most hyped about that music. I looove the BGM in Layton games.

Nutella
July 6th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Yes... the Professor Layton music is fantastic. I think the first game's music trumps the rest, definitely. Especially the possible St. Mystere Awakened BGM.

jvpski3
July 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooh! I love PL! Can I join?

Pikachewy
July 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
I'd better post something! XD
For those of you who haven't managed/couldn't be stuffed to unlock the movies in the secrets section of the 1st game, I found cut scenes on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebGl1s9gGs

WARNING: If you haven't played the game(but I suspect everyone has anyway), please don't watch it as it contains spoilers!!

ナギ
July 23rd, 2011, 03:59 AM
WHY DID I NOT NOTICE THIS CLUB BEFORE?!
/cause i haven't been present in Other Clubs at all, that's why. that'll teach me.
i missed out on such an awesome club for so long D:
i read through all the pages justnow, lol. thank you so much for all those awesome images, Pikachewy! XD;

BUTNOW
ME WILL JOIN.
i'm a complete Layton dork too, yesh. it'd most definitely be in my top favorite games. i can't say it's my absolute favourite right now.. then again, i don't know what WOULD be my fave either.

FIRST GAME PLAYED?
obviously, Curious Village. hurray for british version.

FAVE OUT OF THREE?
.... i think the second one. not cause of the puzzles, though. but that was my absolute favourite story-wise. and i loved the ending theme XD;
and ahhh it was so awesome to see that swordfight between Layton and Anton

PottyProf
July 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM
What was your first Professor Layton game?
The very first Layton game I played didn't even feature Hershel Layton, it's on the iPhone called, "Layton Brothers: Mystery Room" A bit of a darker spin, and wildly different gameplay, but fun nonetheless

I know I'm late jumping on this bandwagon (5 years for Layton, and two for this forum). But I just ordered the first trilogy on Amazon for like 30 bucks, and I can't wait to play them!

As for finding Layton, I was playing Pheonix Wright on my iPhone and I loved it. I stumbled upon V.S. Professor Layton and began searching for the other series. And now I'm here. The 3D 'Arzan Legacy' game is being localized right now, and the V.S. Pheonix Wright game most likely will. Capcom has released an english trailer. Apparently it's 75% Professor-Layton-puzzles and 25% Pheonix-Wright-Cases.

Hopefully this forum gets rekindled, but for now, this is PottyProf signing off!

Sodom
July 8th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Please don't post in threads that have not been posted in for more than 30 days.

Locked.