PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Sweet Candace
April 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/pc08z.png

Introduction to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Hello and welcome to the Fan Club for Hasbro's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Now, I'm certain that if you've clicked this on thread then you're already a fan of the show or you're interested in what's up with this thread. I'd highly encourage watching the Pilot/Part 2 below if you haven't already. Why? Because unlike the previous My Little Pony series, this series has a very open minded demographic and is, in my opinion the best cartoon currently around.

v/8uyAwsYHHHY

v/Qko4tYkkt6g

Joining

Joining this club shouldn't be too difficult for you. All you have to do is fill out the form below so we can get to know you a little better.

- Favorite Episode:
- Favorite Main Pony:
- Favorite Side Pony:
- About Me:

Members

Applejack:
Astinus
BinaryPeaches
Toujours
TheSmartOne
ManhattanTheStarr
Pichu_fan
Houndour2005
tlyn99
eeveegirl777
Victini
Yagerbomb
xdom

Fluttershy:
Akeraz
~Platina's Jason~
st00f
miakalina
TheAppleFreak
TornZero
Popsicle
Haileo
xHayleyChan
ferriswheel42
AWsquared
Game Over1375
ChrisyChris007
Heart's Soul
mameshiba
Neon Shades
mondays suck
Hayley
destinedjagold
8bitSilence
Mango Dolphin
PainfulHeart

Pinkie Pie:
Alternative
Sammyskitty
Cid
Cirno
Masterge77
Flame-Typhlosion
Mr Cat Dog
Inkpuddle
dream's-epilogue
Pink Jigglypuff
Blazivvoir
Berry Punch
Raikiri
Retribution
SomariFeyWright
TheSamster
teamVASIMR
NV

Rainbow Dash:
Sweet Candace
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
ash_ley
Xyrin
Hooh54
o3o
Akita
~Ryukaa
NightOfRemorse
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
TylerSymes
QuilavaKing
juniebug910
Black Hawk
Ineffable~
Ein-ENB-
TheAmazingAipom
Fluorescent Dinosaur
shu's_lover92
Lockmaster24
Misplacing FeetOver Circular Objects
Ostrich
Star_light
mubblelyon
SchwarzRozen
quilzel

Rarity:
~Kawaii~
dragonomega
FourCartridge
Draco Malfoy
CrowSama
olih
Magica
Alakazam17
Giraffe
AnastasiaStardustXiaolong
Meganium90
Hikari10
WillPowerPedro

Twilight Sparkle:
Pachy
Åzurε
AdvancedK47
Pokemon Trainer Touko
Kozoi
Scarf
Yoshi-san
THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!
Duosion
TwiDragon
Feralize
SulfurDebacle
Kota889
TwilightSkye
Xeberos
AshleyKetchum

Akeraz
April 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM
ohai. I think I would like to join this thread.

- Favorite Episode: Green isn't your color
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves
- About Me: I was introduced to the show about 2 months ago. I absolutely adore the series, and have fallen completely and utterly in love with fluttershy.

Apotheosis
April 21st, 2011, 12:21 AM
I love that series :D::D

- Favorite Episode: Hmmm...
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash (though also Applejack and Pinkiepie... can't decide xD)
- Favorite Side Pony: Applejack's big brother :D
- About Me: I'm a lot like Rainbow Dash in that I'm sometimes a bit full of myself and energetic. But I'm also a lot like Pinkiepie, in that I'm usually laughing or joking and a bit strange :3 I'd love to be able to fly, much more than I'd want to have a magic horn. I want to be like Rainbow Dash :3

Astinus
April 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM
Quite obviously, I am joining.

- Favorite Episode: Fall Weather Friends and the Cutie Mark Chronicles

- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash and Applejack

- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh and Scootaloo

- About Me: Well, after hearing about how this show took over the Internet, I decided to check it out and fell in love with it right from the start. I do wish that it was around when I was younger, but I'm still glad that it's out now, when I can actually take part in the fandom.

ash_ley
May 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM
fave main pony: rainbow dash
fave side pony: i do not know
about me: fan of nintendo stuff legendary stuff name curtis & so many char such as ash ketchum rainbow dash twilight sparkle i am also a magician in trainning

Xyrin
May 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
- Favorite Episode: Episode 2. I'm only up to 3 though
- Favorite Main Pony: I like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.
- Favorite Side Pony: Gah. OH! Applejack's granny. xD
- About Me: I like this show but when I watch it my mom makes fun of me. :(

Melody
May 18th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I won't choose an episode, they're all very epic and awesome, Twilight Sparkle is my favorite but I love the entire cast anyway it's not all about her. :3

The show is a hoot and a half...I never in a million years thought that it would be as good as it is; it's title is deceptively similar to a certain failure of a toy which I'm sure fans of this show wished never existed. xD

Alternative
May 18th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I'm joining this group now, if that's okay. :D

Favourite Episode: Episode 2 is definitely really good. It showed the ponies' characteristics, and what they were like and stuff. :)
Favourite Pony: Pinkie Pie for sure. She's funny, ditzy and funny. You can't be hating on Pinkie Pie. Rarity comes in second.
About Me: I don't know. I watched this show because I heard it was somewhat manly. It's an awesome show, which for some reason seems to be good for pretty much everypony.

IT'S UNDER E!

Ash
May 18th, 2011, 08:26 AM
- Favorite Episode: Good question. :D;
- Favorite Main Pony: AppleJack and Rainbow Dash. But in all honestly I pretty much love all of them. n_n
- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh.
- About Me: A... few months ago (I think?) I went to McDonalds and saw the toys and thought they were a big scary. However, a friend of mine then showed me an epic AMV with the Ponies, and after a while of being lazy, I started watching it sort of as a distraction to what I'm currently obsessing over. MLP wasn't enough to bring the obsession down, but I certainly adore it.

Patatas Fritas
May 18th, 2011, 08:35 AM
How I didn't see this earlier I will never know, I adore this show.

- Favorite Episode: Hm.. Not sure, maybe the one with the Diamond Dogs?
- Favorite Main Pony: Rarity.
- Favorite Side Pony: Either Derpy Hooves or Trixie.
- About Me: I was forced into watching My Little Pony by a friend and was hooked. Thats all you need to know.

Maraala
May 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Ehh why not, I'll join

- Favorite Episode: Griffon the Brush-Off, Swarm of the Century, Call of the Cutie, andFeeling Pinkie Keen
- Favorite Main Pony: Well, duh. Pinkie Pie, with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy close behind.
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves, Trixie, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo.
- About Me: I have all the episodes on my phone, along with several toys that I bought ;3

Hooh
May 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM
OMGOMGOMG can I join?

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/342/b/2/voet_derpy_by_equestria_election-d34gzne.png

- Favorite Episode: Griffon the Brush-Off, A Bird in the Hoof, pretty much every other one.
- Favorite Main Pony: Gah, I love them all <_< If I had to choose, it would be ether Dash or Flutter.
- Favorite Side Pony: DERPY ALL THE WAY
- About Me: I've been a long term pony fan, I still have all my old ponies. I am afraid to tell anybody except you internet people how much I like this show o_o

Thank you!

o3o
May 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
OMG I have to join. D:

- Favorite Episode: Pretty much all of them. xD
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash, obviously~ :P
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves and Apple Bloom
- About me: I used to collect Gen I ponies, and I decided to check out this show when I heard people talking about it (on the internet)~ I wouldn't want anyone to know irl that I watch it, though. :P I only recently got into it, however, and I'm currently watching all of season one.

Thanks!~

Akita
May 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
- Favorite Episode: The pilot episodes (I'm only up to ep. 9)
- Favorite Main Pony: I like them all. I suppose I'll pick Rainbow Dash & Rarity.
- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh, no doubt
- About Me: I would not have watched it if not for Sammyskitty. I approached MLP with an open mind, and it did not disappoint. I even got some of my irl comrades to watch it.
I'm most like Rarity. We're both perfectionists, we care about fashion & if we look good or not, and we always look into every little detail. We're also bratty.

Cheers.

Alternative
May 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
From watching more and more My Little Pony, I've come to realise that Pinkie Pie is more and more awesomer than the rest of the ponies. One time, Twilight Sparkle trolled all of Ponyville, which was kinda cool I guess, and I'm not liking Rarity all that much now, after the episode with her and Applejack in it together.

My order of favourite ponies are Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Flutterguyshy, Rarity and then Twilight Sparkle.

Ash
May 23rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
I wasn't too much of a fan of Rarity until the one with the Diamond Dogs. She was just so amazing in that episode that I grew to like her a bit. Before I ever started watching the show I knew that I would love Raindow Dash, and AppleJack as well. I pretty much adore all of the ponies, haha.

MLP I do think you have to watch with an open mind. Especially if you go and watch it forgetting it's a kids cartoon.

Astinus
May 23rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
When I started watching, Rarity was my least favorite pony. It wasn't until the episode where she faced the Diamond Dogs that she grew on me, and I found her hilarious. And her song "Art of the Dress" is fun to listen to. But yeah, that episode where she fought with Applejack didn't do her character any favors.

Rainbow Dash was my favorite right from the start. Applejack quickly became a second favorite. Shipping them together helped. Twilight Sparkle became a surprise favorite. I'm not sure why I didn't like her at the beginning, since she's a lot like me. But suddenly I found myself collecting pictures of her, and now I have three secure favorite ponies. The others now jump around in how much I like them at a particular moment, but there's not one that I don't like now.

Alternative
May 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
When I first started watching the show, Rarity was probably one of my favourites, if you ask me. After the episode with Twilight Sparkle's so-called "Slumber Party", I started to dislike her a bit. I've only seen up to episode 12, so I probably haven't seen Rarity's glory day yet.

Twilight Sparkle annoys me to a great extent. I mean, she thinks that she needs to do everything, and she's so stubborn and annoying and stuff. I just don't like her if you ask me.

インフェルノの津波
May 31st, 2011, 03:06 AM
- Favorite Episode: Cutie Mark Chronicles, though I;m not there yet.
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle!
- About Me: I've seen up to about 14.

~Ryukaa
May 31st, 2011, 03:12 AM
- Favorite Episode: The two episodes I like the most would have to be Sonic Rainboom and Winter Wrap-Up.
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Applejack. They're all freaking awesome, though. |D
- Favorite Side Pony: Princess Luna and Derpy Hooves.
- About Me: I was kinda skeptical about the whole MLP thing when I saw a few people around PC with themes based on it. After a month or two, I was really curious about why MLP was so popular on the internet. It was bugging me a ton. So, I tried it out. You can probably guess how that turned out. xDD;;

Åzurε
May 31st, 2011, 07:56 AM
Okay, you guys. You got me. ^^

- Favorite Episode: Dunno. I haven't seen them all yet, but Dragonshy was really good.
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle, Her initial loneliness reminds me of me from a while back, and the way she handles compliments about her magic is basically how I handle any compliments I get. xD
- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh. Eeyup. Also, where does Luna fall into this?
- About Me: I discovered MLP a couple of weeks ago through it's page on TvTropes (which is why you should go there- it introduces you to things), and upon finding the meme page, which was really long for some reason, I turned to Google and YouTube. Ever since, I've been trying to keep up with all the videos and the surprisingly-good art that's out there.

I can't say I dislike any of the mane cast, but roughly it goes : Twi, Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity. And also Spike.

~Ryukaa
May 31st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Well, in season 1, she's a side pony I suppose. Since you only see her for a bit in episode 2. :U
She's still pretty cool, though. xD;
My favourite to worst in the mane cast would probably be...
Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie.
Eeyup.

o3o
May 31st, 2011, 01:42 PM
My favourite to worst is;-
Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy then Rarity.

My list has kinda switched around a bit. I don't totally dislike Rarity, buuut she gets on my nerves sometimes. ><;

Astinus
May 31st, 2011, 07:45 PM
A+ to everyone joining and getting this club active. Welcome everyone!

Also A+ to everyone liking Rainbow Dash.

All the "Eeyups" are making me want to break out the Eeyup button, which is awesome. And brings us to a topic that I'm wondering about.

Are you active in the FiM fandom?

I mean, like how it is here on PC with Pokemon. Does anyone here go to other websites and read pony news, or watch any of the large amounts of pony videos, or look at any of the humongous amount of pony art?

To answer my own question, I kind of am active in the FiM fandom. I check out one of the major news sites daily. I'm a member of a "stamping" community, where people vote on which pony a person's personality fits. And I'm also a member of a general discussion community on another site.

So is anyone else do anything like that? Because I would really enjoy sharing videos and art with people.

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM
I don't exactly follow the Pony Fandom thing all too much, but I do go and follow a few pony obsessed pages on Tumblr. It's good fun and really great for getting some nice gufs now and again, especially of Pinkie Pie and stalker Raindow Dash.

Oryx
May 31st, 2011, 08:09 PM
- Favorite Episode: Sonic Rainboom
- Favorite Main Pony: Either Applejack or Fluttershy
- Favorite Side Pony: Don't have one D:
- About Me: I've been lurking for a while, and decided to finally post something because I have no one to talk about it with, my boyfriend laughs at me for watching it xD;

I mean, like how it is here on PC with Pokemon. Does anyone here go to other websites and read pony news, or watch any of the large amounts of pony videos, or look at any of the humongous amount of pony art?

To answer my own question, I kind of am active in the FiM fandom. I check out one of the major news sites daily. I'm a member of a "stamping" community, where people vote on which pony a person's personality fits. And I'm also a member of a general discussion community on another site.

So is anyone else do anything like that? Because I would really enjoy sharing videos and art with people.

I'm not active in it, but that just means that if you send it that I haven't seen it before :P

Also, I find it very amusing that the same voice actress does both Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. Talk about opposites, lol.

Spinor
May 31st, 2011, 08:22 PM
- Favorite Episode: Not gonna pass judgment yet, still watching~
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle. I dig smart girls...
- Favorite Side Pony: Applebloom
- About Me: So I got caught into the trap of MLP. Well... I'm not sure if that is good. Maybe it is. I enjoy the show because... it has plot. And lovable personalities. Too cute. And for the bandwagon of MEN watching this.

I mean, seriously, this show has become a pretty big internet sensation.

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 08:26 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22502000/ngbbs4d675d45af471.jpg

I thought I'd post this for anyone who likes Rainbow Dash the most. :P

Åzurε
May 31st, 2011, 08:46 PM
Mostly I just lurk on Equestria Daily. I've been watching lots of videos and looking at the art they post. Other than that, I'm not so active. Maybe sometime I'll find a community that I'd be willing to talk with, but judging by the comments the bronies there are still products of 4chan, and I don't want to be involved with those folks so directly.

~Ryukaa
May 31st, 2011, 10:08 PM
Somewhat active. xDD;;
I check Equestria Daily every 5 minutes, and I'm part of a few MLP groups on deviantArt. I check ponychan time to time, but not too much. xD;
I've drawn a few pieces of pony art, as well.
I'll... just shamelessly advertise myself here. (http://finalcrusader.deviantart.com/)
So yeah. xDD;;

o3o
June 1st, 2011, 04:41 AM
Somewhat. I visit Equestria Daily and Ponychan.
I try to draw ponies, but... They fail.~

Maraala
June 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22502000/ngbbs4d675d45af471.jpg

I thought I'd post this for anyone who likes Rainbow Dash the most. :P

I love you bby.

Yes, very much. I'm somewhat active on Ponychan, and I tend to draw ponies as well.

CrowSama
June 3rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
Agent Gummy Requesting Membership!

- Favorite Episode (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249054#): Episode 25; Party of One
- Favorite Main Pony: Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy
- Favorite Side Pony: Celestia (She only appears in like 4/5 eps.)
- FAVORITE CROCIGATOR: Gummy :3
- About Me: I was introduced to the series by my older brother somewhere around episode 7-8. Since then I have been loyal to the MLP series, doing such things as downloading an MLP desktop icon set, and having an image folder with over 250 images. I am a regular on Ponychan.net, an imageboard devoted to the series, and I love meeting new bronies :D

~Ryukaa
June 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the club, Crow! or should i say herd
Gummy is pretty cool. He's one of the liveliest partiers I've ever seen. |D
http://i.imgur.com/klOSe.gif
Is partiers even a word? ._.;

Alternative
June 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
Of course it's a word. It's a descriptive word for those who party all the time. But everyone knows Pinkie Pie is the best partier around. <3

~Ryukaa
June 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Of course she's the best partier all around! :O
She's also the best at twitching. Her twitching always leads to something exciting. |D

Alternative
June 3rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
I especially like her Twitchy Tail.
It means something's going to fall. :P

~Ryukaa
June 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
You know what this calls for?
http://ganton3.deviantart.com/#/d3hx0zm
A twitch button. :O

インフェルノの津波
June 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Goddamn it Ryuuka, now stuff's gonna fall.

~Ryukaa
June 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Stuff's going to fall! But do you know what stuff? :O /the tension!

Manila Luzon
June 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Why am I not in this club yet!?

- Favorite Episode: Griffon the Brush-Off, Bridle Gossip & Suited for Success, [So far, only up to 15]
- Favorite Main Pony: Rarity! :DD Although Pinkie comes in a close second
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy. <3
- About Me: I was introduced to the show literally a week ago o3o;; I started to watch episode 1 and got kinda bored, but then I started to talk to o3o who made me watch them, >O My day's I love that show! <3

I nearly died laughing in Bridle Gossip; Fluttershy's voice. xDD;; [Flutterguy?;)]

Alternative
June 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
So, did you "fall" when you died of laughter from that episode? If you did, SUCCESS! :D Also, how in the land of Equestria could you misspell Pinkie Pie as Rarity? I've heard people do it for Ranbow Dash, but not Rarity.

~Ryukaa
June 4th, 2011, 04:00 AM
I just noticed that Equestria Girls has not been mentioned once here. :O
v/1pvVdOENpAU

I WILL CHANGE THAT. RAINBRO TO THE RESCUE.

Alternative
June 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I've heard it before, but is that like, an official My Little Pony song? I've always wondered that. It sounds just like Pinkie Pie, so I'd be damned if it wasn't official. I like how they used the term "bronies". :D

~Ryukaa
June 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Yep, it's official. Though, Hasbro had nothing to do with it, it was made by the hub. xD;
That's Shannon singing there, as well. So it's pretty official, in my opinion.
The thing is, I actually dislike the original song, but I love this to bits.

Astinus
June 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM
It is good to see that I'm not the only brony out there watching videos and collecting art for this awesome show.

New members?

"Yay." (http://ganton3.deviantart.com/art/INSTANT-FLUTTERSHY-Flash-211870538)

I've heard it before, but is that like, an official My Little Pony song? I've always wondered that. It sounds just like Pinkie Pie, so I'd be damned if it wasn't official. I like how they used the term "bronies". :D
Not only does the video give one shot-out to us bronies, but there's also another one. They use the name DJ-PON3 for Vinyl Scratch, which is the fandom name for that pony.

It's good to know that at least the Hub knows the older audience on the Internet exists. Characters like Derpy Hooves are now going to be reoccurring characters in the show, and then it's little mentions like this that shows that they know we're out there.

Speaking of the song, how long can you last? (http://equestriagirls.com/e/)

Now if only we could get some not PINK toys. Celestia is white, not pink!

I see your Twitchy-Twitch button and raise you a "Eeyup." (http://ganton3.deviantart.com/art/INSTANT-MACINTOSH-Flash-210776562)

I'll stop with the buttons now.

Note: For all you Pinkie Pies out there, don't forget June 6th is Laughter Day! Spread the laughter! Make some cupcakes! (Not "Cupcakes", just cupcakes.) Giggle at the ghosties!

Alternative
June 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Big Macintosh doesn't seemt o be in a lot of episodes now does he? I've only seen him in a few episodes, which sucks since he looks like a good character in the show. :D But anyways, on to more imortant matters.

Scootaloo > all Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Åzurε
June 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I see your Twitchy-Twitch button and raise you a "Eeyup." (http://ganton3.deviantart.com/art/INSTANT-MACINTOSH-Flash-210776562)

yay. (http://ganton3.deviantart.com/art/INSTANT-FLUTTERSHY-Flash-211870538)

I just figured, we're on the subject of buttons, so...

Aquacorde
June 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Finally joining.

- Favorite Episode: Stare Master & The Cutie Mark Chronicles, probably.
- Favorite Main Pony: Applejack. <3
- Favorite Side Pony: Sweetie Belle~ Love that singing voice.
- About Me: I really wasn't sure about this MLP thing, but I started watching after a while and quite liked it. :3 I'm probably most like Twilight Sparkle- bookish, stubborn, bossy, a bit socially awkward. That makes me REALLY dislike her most of the time. Although Rarity grates on my nerves as well.
I'm rather like Applejack as well, but she and I share traits I actually like about myself. Down-to-earth, practical, no-fuss, take-charge, outdoorsy pony.
I find it interesting how easy it is to relate to the characters in the show, really.

...Er, okay yeah that whole spiel sounded odd.

I hadn't heard Equestria Girls before. Awesome~

Alternative
June 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I just love how something as simple as ponies are able to just convert everyone into loving them, and their music, and everything about them. I mean, Princess Celestia is quite the prankster if you ask me. :) What I love about ponies even more is that people are actually driven to doing project based on the ponies. I saw one youtube video on someone who actually did a physics project on the subject, which I thought was really cool. :D

~Ryukaa
June 6th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Have you seen this one?
v/Vh4w6epyrB4

Oh, and here's an interview with Daniel, in case anybody(pony?)'s interested. xD;
v=r-4wqBx3lkE

Alternative
June 6th, 2011, 03:01 AM
I haven't seen those yet, but there was this fullon one I saw for a physics class or something, that they have to take a TV show or movie, take three scenes and point out what's wrong with them. I think he chose Rainbow Dash's Sonic Boom scene, Applejack's scene with the see-saw and helping out Rainbow Dash, and when Fluttershy falls and butterflys catch her. It was funny, how he went on about Newtons and how Applejack is possibly made up of dark matter. it was pretty funny if you ask me. :D

~Ryukaa
June 6th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Ah, yeah. xDD;;
I've seen that one. I loved his "Why?" slide. xDDD;;

Alternative
June 6th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Well, I'll tell you why.
- It's awesome
- It's awesome
- It's awesome
- It's awesome
- It's awesome
- It's awesome
- The animation is fantastic.

Seriously, that one guy is like a god to the pony world of Equestria. :D

Spinor
June 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I know I'mma probably get killed for this but...

...who else has read Cupcakes? D:

TheWatersGreatGuardian
June 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ummm...if you don't mind me asking what is the sudden obession with MLP?

Astinus
June 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Scootaloo > all Cutie Mark Crusaders.
See my avatar for how I feel on this.

...who else has read Cupcakes? D:
I never had, and I never will. I've only heard about it on Equestria Daily, and I've seen a Youtube trailer for it. From what I heard, it really doesn't seem like something I'd want to read.

Ummm...if you don't mind me asking what is the sudden obession with MLP?
Well, for me personally, I love the show because it's adorable, fun, hilarious, and isn't dumbed down just because it's targeted for children. It also allows me to enjoy something that's typically feminine that I normally wouldn't be able to without being judged because MLP is/was targeted for girls. But MLP: FiM can be enjoyed by anyone of any age and any sex, so it's great for males to be a part of this. That's why there's a lot of bronies out there. FiM is helping break through stereotypes, like males can't enjoy something that is pink-colored or deals with things like friendship and sharing feelings.

tl;dr: It's just so awesome! (http://ganton3.deviantart.com/art/INSTANT-RAINBOWDASH-Flash-211317101) (Another button!)

~Ryukaa
June 7th, 2011, 12:32 AM
So... awesome! |D
Oh, and these are especially nice mixes. xD;
v/YR9rjnbHAk8v/6r4mvHLcgGg

NightOfRemorse
June 7th, 2011, 08:56 PM
- Favorite Episode: Fall Weather Friends, Look Before You Sleep, Sonic Rainboom
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy :3
- Favorite Side Pony: Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Derpy Hooves
- About Me: I kept seeing MLP everywhere so I decided to watch it a few months ago, and I loved it :3 my friends hate on it just because I like it, but that only causes me to spam them with ponies and make them watch it (trust me, it's hilarious).

~Platina's Jason~
June 8th, 2011, 04:21 AM
- Favorite Episode: The Ticket Master (I'm only up to episode 13 though)
- Favorite Main Pony: All except Applejack/Rainbow Dash
- Favorite Side Pony: Big Macintosh/Princess Luna
- About Me: There are alot of fan of the show on another site I frequent. That combined with seeing the first two episodes on youtube drew me into the show.

Alternative
June 8th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I finished watching season 1 of this show, and I was impressed with the outcome. I wasn't so impressed with the last episode though. It just seemed dull at the least to me, in terms of characters and stuff. I'll probably go back a few episodes and fangasm over Rainbow Dash, get Fluttershy to cheer the way she does, attend a Pinkie Pie party and whatever it is Rarity does. Also something about Applejack. :)

Now all there needs to be is someone pretending to be Princess Celestia with a "Dear Twilight Sparkle, my most faithful student. **** off."

Spinor
June 9th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Hahaha ^__^ Yeah, Cupcakes is no good

But I'm like worming around the MLP fanfics right now.

I came across this one (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6930195/1/My_Little_Brony_Reality_vs_Fantasy). I really like the story and concept. Something not too... creepy.

Also, what would you guys think about a MLP fanfic that crossovers with Pokemon?

~Ryukaa
June 9th, 2011, 01:59 AM
MLP and Pokemon? I found a fic like that, but I haven't read it yet.
Here it is, if anyone's interested. (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/story-hoennshy.html)

There are some that I've read, and taken quite a liking to.
I'll just throw them here.
Termina's Final Twilight (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/story-terminas-final-twilight.html)
Brave New World (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-brave-new-world.html)
With a Heavy Heart (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-with-heavy-heart.html)
Twilight Sparkle: Mare Attorney - Justice for Everypony (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-twilight-sparklemare-attorney.html)
A Terrible Secret (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-terrible-secret.html)

Yeah, that's all I've read through, and liked for now. xD;
Enjoy, I guess!

Spinor
June 9th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Oooh, the AA/MLP smells sexy to my eyes. The MLP/Pokemon one is also interesting

Also, my idea of an MLP/Pokemon crossover sorta sticks more to the anime, and a quick fact that Equestria is actually a land hidden within the Pokemon world.

~Ryukaa
June 9th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Oh, wow. xDD;;
I can't imagine Ash with ponies. Iris with ponies... that's another story. xD;;

Spinor
June 9th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Oh, wow. xDD;;
I can't imagine Ash with ponies. Iris with ponies... that's another story. xD;;

Actually, I was more sort of thinking that I get something started with the ponies having the ability to shift between Human/Pony forms. I'd also get a little shipping started between Ash and Twilight. I dunno how, since those personalities clash quite a bit, but it would be cute.

And then once Twilight is forced to reveal to Ash she is actually a pony...

~Ryukaa
June 9th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Sounds like you have an idea going on there. xDD;;
Why don't you try your hand at a fanfic? o3o

Spinor
June 9th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Sounds like you have an idea going on there. xDD;;
Why don't you try your hand at a fanfic? o3o

Yep. I'm aiming at that.

Now I'll just have to shameless put off the one I have going again...

... although I really don't have a complete plot for it yet. I have running key ideas... but no plot >__>

Edit: Fridge Brilliance. I so have a plot now.

Alternative
June 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I've never read a MLP fanfic. Actually, to be honest, I've never read any fanfics. but lately, Ponywise, I've been just listening to Fluttershy cheer for me, be assertive, scream and kick vases and failing to smash them.

So basically, I've been fangasming over Fluttershy. :D

Pokemon Trainer Touko
June 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Joininggggggg~!! >u<

Favorite Episode:
The second one for sure. c: (I'm only up to the forth one, though.)

Favorite Main Pony:
Twilight Sparkle. :3

Favorite Side Pony:
Princess Luna~

About Me:
Started watching MLP 2 hours ago. :v lolll.

Spinor
June 9th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I've never read a MLP fanfic. Actually, to be honest, I've never read any fanfics. but lately, Ponywise, I've been just listening to Fluttershy cheer for me, be assertive, scream and kick vases and failing to smash them.

So basically, I've been fangasming over Fluttershy. :D

A lot of MLP fanfics are very witty and creative. MLP is one of the rare once-in-a-whiles where the characters actually have... character. This gives a goldmine for authors to work with.

So... yeah. Read fan-fics. But if you know what's good for you, don't read Cupcakes... or maybe one of the alternate endings.

Astinus
June 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome, new members!

And yes, read fanfics. I haven't had a chance to read a lot of fanfics for FiM. Though I'm thinking that we should have maybe just a few recommendations so that interested people can see what's out there for pony fics. Since there's a lot out there.

MLP is one of the rare once-in-a-whiles where the characters actually have... character.
Yes! FiM's characters are so well-written in canon that writers can easily pick them up. In the few fics that I've read, the characters were completely spot-on.

I do, however, recommend Dinky Doesn't Go To School (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/01/story-dinky-doesnt-go-to-school.html), which is yet another sad Derpy Hooves fic.

Alternative
June 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I want a good Fluttershy fanfic to read. She's slowly creeping up my favourites list, and almost surpassing Rainbow Dash for second. Pinkie Pie will always be the top though, but I really do like Fluttershy. <3

Also, this.

bu54kU0ebqE

Åzurε
June 9th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I'd read more 'fic, but shipping isn't my thing and I see a lot of that all over the place.

There are a couple out there I've read that are pretty good- stuff like The Sun is Tired, It's a Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door and a scant few others. Anything good and long and generally not concerned with whether or not Rainbow Dash is a fillyfooler would be appreciated. xD

Spinor
June 9th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I do, however, recommend Dinky Doesn't Go To School (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/01/story-dinky-doesnt-go-to-school.html), which is yet another sad Derpy Hooves fic.

Aww, I almost shed a man-tear there ;_;

@Alt, Ryukaa's link to a Poke/MLP Crossover stars Fluttershy :D

Katja
June 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
- Favorite Episode: all of them
- Favorite Main Pony: pinkie pie
- Favorite Side Pony: rarity
- About Me: i love fluff and collies

let me joinnnnn idk why this won't unbold :|

~Ryukaa
June 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the club!

Oh, lord. I just read Cupcakes. I don't know what to think. ._.;

Spinor
June 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the club!

Oh, lord. I just read Cupcakes. I don't know what to think. ._.;

Read Pacce's alternate ending XD I wanted to cry too, don't worry.

~Ryukaa
June 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I read that. Made it seem better. Though, I'm never going near that fanfic again. xDD;;
After reading Dinky Doesn't go to School, and listening to some nice music, I've calmed down. xD;
Ah, yeah. I managed to get another fanart done yesterday. If anybony here knows about Persona, well yep.
http://www.deviantart.com/download/212521915/ponysona_3_by_finalcrusader-d3ij2yj.png

But seriously, I think Cupcakes made my appreciation for Pinkie go down a bit. It's a shame, since I was getting to really like her, too. ._.;

Spinor
June 10th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Ah... dunno what persona is >__> but the art itself looks pretty good.

Well, my mindset didn't allow the story to alter my appreciation. I have a tough mind :D

~Ryukaa
June 10th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I'll come to like Pinkie soon enough again. xDD;;
I can't help but wonder how Cupcakes got so popular in the first place. xD;

Spinor
June 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I'll come to like Pinkie soon enough again. xDD;;
I can't help but wonder how Cupcakes got so popular in the first place. xD;

4Chan. I didn't experience the beginning myself, but 4Chan made a very large deal out of it, and then the recognition forced Ponysites to acknowledge it.

Contrary to popular belief, Anonymous and Bronies need each other to survive >__>

Åzurε
June 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
...That's so true. Anonymous has to have somebody to hate on, and the Bronies need somebody to love on for hating on them. The Bronies derive their existence as an "internet subculture" and meme from the imageboards, and fan-created media and news stories simultaneously give Anon something to talk about and provides publicity for Bronies.

o.O My mind is blown.

Esper
June 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Okay, what is this Cupcakes thing everyone is talking about?

Oh, and:

Favorite Episode: The Cutie Mark Chronicles
Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle and a close second with Rarity
Favorite Side Pony: Granny Smith
About Me: Some friends showed me that there was a new MLP show maybe 3 or so weeks ago. I had some of the toys and had seen some of the old show (or was it a movie?) from way back so I was interested. We watched a random episode, Feeling Pinkie Keen, and everyone else started hating on it and I was all quietly, secretly hoping we could watch more, but we didn't. So I went and watched it all on my own.

o3o
June 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Okay, what is this Cupcakes thing everyone is talking about?

Well, I don't think you should read it. It's a very disturbing fanfic about Pinkie Pie and... how she makes her cupcakes. ._________.; I suggest searching it on Google.~

ManhattanTheStarr
June 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
- Favorite Episode: I like too many of them, and don't remember any of the titles. ^^;
- Favorite Main Pony: Applejack/Pinkie Pie
- Favorite Side Pony: Applebloom, I suppose. :P
- About Me: I was on Bulbagarden Forums when I "discovered" MLP. I noticed that like, 90% of the members there had MLP related avatars. I got overly curious, searched it up on Youtube, and fell in love with it. The main thing that got me was the animation, and how it reminds me so much of The Powerpuff Girls. <3

My least favorite ponies would be Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash, I hate for her constant showing off and overratedness, and Fluttershy for always being so... shy. I mean, the way she speaks aggravates me. xD

I swear, this stupid bold is annoying...

~Ryukaa
June 11th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Well, I don't think you should read it. It's a very disturbing fanfic about Pinkie Pie and... how she makes her cupcakes. ._________.; I suggest searching it on Google.~

You know what? I'm going to link it here. Kill me. Now. NOW.
Oh, and welcome to the club!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/02/story-cupcakes.html

Oryx
June 11th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I showed that to my boyfriend, because considering his opinion towards the tone of MLP I thought he would be fascinated with it. Our conversation:

Him: /jesus/
Me: ...So do you like ponies now? :<
Him: Now I'm just scared of them.

~Ryukaa
June 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Wait, you mean you showed him the show, or Cupcakes? xD;

Oryx
June 11th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Cupcakes, lol. I tried to get him to watch the show with me but it just wasn't flying.

http://staff.rio.edu/miket/images/manlylogo.jpg

It's kind of like that.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM
- Favorite Episode: The Mare in the Moon/Friendship is Magic/Pilot --Idk what to call it. :/
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash
- Favorite Side Pony: Luna, Derpy Hooves, DJ PON-3 (a.k.a Vinyl Scratch)
- About Me: Well damn. I was introduced to the fandom from my friend who was telling me about this craze amongst the 4channers. At first I was like, "Okay, 4chan..." and I didn't think too much about it. Then I thought my sister'd like to watch it so I got her some episodes from youtube. Because she was watching on my comp, I watched with her and now... here I am. I like to think I have the balls to admit that I enjoy watching a show of which I'm not its target demographic because, after a while, it dawned on me that there's not much difference between enjoying FiM and enjoying Cardcaptor Sakura, so I joined the club.

*Sigh* I hope this doesn't come back to bite me sometime in the future, but I can't stop thinking about how awesome this show is. The pilot episode was 'wow, didn't expect this from a kid's show'. The next few were also 'wow', and before I knew it I was a reluctant brony. Damnit. I also hate California Gurls because it's a perfect example of the degradation of moral decency in entertainment, but I cannot get Equestria Girls out of my mind. It's a bit like Nyan-cat, only with more lyrics.

On a side note, I've read Cupcake and all the alternate endings. Good stuff for those who love gore. =D

I am disturbed by the lack of collegiate males in the club. :(

Spinor
June 12th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Of course, there's things like Cupcakes, but there are also many fan-fics that are very appreciable.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/story-pony-psychology.html

Pony Psychology is 6 short stories. Just finished it, and I swear this is one of the greatest work of fan-fiction I've read. It's a very strong and beautiful story. Oh, and it's Rainbow x Fluttershy XD I like the way it was spun out though.

I'm a fast reader, took me about an hour to finish it. Not long but it sure is exciting.

Alternative
June 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I started reading Cupcakes once. I was disturbed a little bit of Pinkie Pie and what she did, despite her innocent outlook, and then stopped reading, because I had to read some more. Because I'm an impatient person. :P

What's your favourite moment in the show?

Åzurε
June 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Not gonna answer the question atm- still haven't finished the actual episodes. :x

I just needed to share this (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/story-accolade.html). As I've said, the shipping stuff isn't my favorite, but this... Just read it. Just do.

Spinor
June 12th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Not gonna answer the question atm- still haven't finished the actual episodes. :x

I just needed to share this (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/story-accolade.html). As I've said, the shipping stuff isn't my favorite, but this... Just read it. Just do.

...Yep, that one has my Seal of Win too XD

~Ryukaa
June 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
That's a really hard question. xD;
Well, various moments through "Sonic Rainboom", I guess. That episode had alot of memorable, fun moments. o3o

Oryx
June 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
My favorite moment by far is the beginning of Sonic Rainboom, with Fluttershy cheering. When I'm watching the show alone I don't laugh out loud much (if somepony laughs alone in the forest and no one is there to hear, do they still make a sound?), but that was one point in which I literally did laugh out loud.

Maraala
June 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Ehhh, this is pretty hard. It's either anytime Fluttershy screams/yells/cheers or Pinkie's party that the rest of the ponies planed together in "Party of One".

Pokemon Trainer Touko
June 13th, 2011, 03:17 AM

- When Fluttershy was cheering for Rainbow Dash in 'Sonic Rainboom'
- 'Green isn't your color'; when Fluttershy was sneezing, shouting and kicking
- When Fluttershy was singing Pinkie pie's song with that weird voice

Sweet Candace
June 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM
- Favorite Episode: Sonic Rainboom
- Favorite Main Pony: Rainbow Dash
- About Me: I guess you could say I got sucked into this craze. By clicking on and watching the videos on the first post, I became hooked on the show. By far Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony out of them all.

Most likely the 'Sonic Rainboom' Rainbow Dash did in the episode Sonic Rainboom.

Esper
June 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
On a side note, I've read Cupcake and all the alternate endings. Good stuff for those who love gore. =D
Okay, well, never reading that and I'm slightly afraid to read any fanfic now. Not that I read much fanfic anyway. Too much work sorting through the bad ones to find the good ones.

I think it's the very end of the last episode. It reminds me of midnight get-togethers with friends at a donut place and how they were some of the best moments I've ever had. That made the ending of the whole show (or season, I guess, since there's gonna be more) the best ending it could have been for me. And it made me want donuts.

Sweet Candace
June 13th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Well, I have another moment that I forgot to add to my last post. Fluttershy's cheering. I found that funny and how Rainbow Dash groans that she's not trying hard enough.

On a side note, has anyone thought of an idea for a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RPG?

Astinus
June 13th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yay!
Louder!
Yay!
Louder!
*deep breath*Yay!

And the Cutie Mark Chronicles, with all the flashbacks. The whole episode was adorable and amazing and the ending made me tear up.

On a side note, has anyone thought of an idea for a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RPG?
I believe there are a few out there. I can't think of any right now, but I have seen some around.

~Ryukaa
June 13th, 2011, 11:49 PM
There's a couple online MMOs in development. One using sprites, and one with 3D models.

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I was thinking about an RPG here on PokeCommunity.

This image proves one way why Rainbow Dash is awesome:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/DawnandPachirisu/RainbowDash-OMG.gif

~Ryukaa
June 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Ahh, I see. xDD;;
My bad. o3o
I actually had that picture as my signature a while back.
Rainbow Dash is still the best pony.

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I found this image somewhere, I can't remember where though.

But yeah, Rainbow's my favorite, with Pinkie Pie probably second best.

~Ryukaa
June 14th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Well, I found it on ponychan, so maybe that's where you saw it?
My second favourite would probably have to be Twilight, with Rarity as a third.

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Out of them all, the one I like the least is Rarity.

It would be, in order; Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Rarity.

~Ryukaa
June 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
What's wrong with Rarity? :O

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
What's that, Rainbow Dash is your favourite Pony? Silly Sweet Candace, that's not how you spell Pinkie Pie. :P

I also realised; not epiphany, that I can at least imitate the Rainbow Dash thing when she says "oh my gosh" really fast. That's how much I like it. :D

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I really don't like how Rarity was egotistical in the episode Sonic Rainboom, but Rainbow Dash stole the spotlight back at the end.

I like her, I don't hate her, I just like her the least out of the 6.

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
My list of ponies in favourites order has got to be Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and then Twilight Sparkle. Don't think of it as a bad thing. Think of it as the first four came really close in a race, like all within a second of each other, Rarity trained behind about three seconds, and Twilight Sparkle forgot how to run and lost epically.

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 06:52 AM
What? Twilight didn't pace herself? She needs to read that book again about how to run good.

I like Rainbow Dash because of her win at any costs and never say never attitude.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Okay, well, never reading that and I'm slightly afraid to read any fanfic now. Not that I read much fanfic anyway.Well, not all fanfics are that gory. :C

I believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7PGKcikaGY) video pretty much speaks for itself. (And no, don't ask me why Youtube suggests I watch Black's Friday. :/)

On the topic of favourite moments,

What's your favourite quote?
Mine is definitely, "It needs to be about 20% cooler."
I have seriously not heard a line that good in a cartoon in years. xD

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 08:28 AM
And now the whole '20% cooler' has become an Internet meme, I think. With everyone posting something involving the '20% cooler' bit.

Alternative
June 14th, 2011, 08:40 AM
About your post, it needs to be just about 20% cooler. Got it?

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I get it. All my posts need to be 20% cooler. My posts are fine, they just need to be cooler.

o3o
June 14th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I get it. All my posts need to be 20% cooler. My posts are fine, they just need to be cooler.

But your signature already makes your posts about 20% cooler... D:

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
And now the whole '20% cooler' has become an Internet meme, I think. With everyone posting something involving the '20% cooler' bit.A tribute to how good this show actually is. I like how the guys involved in animating it are so receptive to their fans, and how the writing is always top notch. How else does something that is intentionally meant to be funny become a meme. Most memes that come from media these days spawn from things that aren't actually meant to be funny. Like Bear Grylls.

Sweet Candace
June 14th, 2011, 04:01 PM
A tribute to how good this show actually is. I like how the guys involved in animating it are so receptive to their fans, and how the writing is always top notch. How else does something that is intentionally meant to be funny become a meme. Most memes that come from media these days spawn from things that aren't actually meant to be funny. Like Bear Grylls.

Yeah. Stuff that's funny usually make better memes than stuff that wasn't supposed to be funny.

Which is why 20% _______ is one of the coolest memes on the Internet.

~Ryukaa
June 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/merch/src/130808436766.jpg
Wow, Hasbro. Just, wow. xD;
...Thanks for trying, I guess.
Really, is it that hard to make toys that resemble the show even in the slightest? Well, whatever.

Also, this.
v/XiMPq_TMaGI
It's coming along nicely, if I do say so myself. o3o

Sweet Candace
June 15th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I don't know why they can't make the dolls look like they did from the cartoon. The should be able to make them look somewhat similar.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Heck, even the McDonalds toys look better than the standard toy store stuff. =/ Not to make mention of pink Celestia.

So I've been thinking about what Equestrian soldiers would use for equipment. xD Unicorns can basically utilize anything you want them to, and Pegasi have a few options, but Earth Ponies are more limited. They can't really swing things around like a Pegasus can. Surely they're good for something, but I can't think of what. :P

Oryx
June 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
So I've been thinking about what Equestrian soldiers would use for equipment. xD Unicorns can basically utilize anything you want them to, and Pegasi have a few options, but Earth Ponies are more limited. They can't really swing things around like a Pegasus can. Surely they're good for something, but I can't think of what. :P

Unicorns would be mage-types, in the back spellcasting, Pegasi would be the air unit, and Earth Ponies would be mostly shield-types - hold back the enemy, possibly with spiked armor, so the Unicorns can do serious damage.

...At least that's how I'd set it up. xD;

Sweet Candace
June 15th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I would set it up so my air unit could do as much possible damage as they could, by using the land ponies and unicorns to corner the enemy, then launch a full scale barrage from up high.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Unicorns would be mage-types, in the back spellcasting, Pegasi would be the air unit, and Earth Ponies would be mostly shield-types - hold back the enemy, possibly with spiked armor, so the Unicorns can do serious damage.

...At least that's how I'd set it up. xD;

At this point, somebody needs to develop an SRPG featuring ponies. xD
I rather like the idea of the shield/infantry guys, though. Aren't they supposed to be abnormally tough? Or is that just Applejack?

Also, Unicorn ninjas. they could just stay outside and float something pointy through a window. >:3

Sweet Candace
June 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe make a pony-themed game like Risk, or maybe Civilization.

Of course, there are other game ideas, but those are the ones I easily thought of.

Alternative
June 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
There needs to be a Pony TCG of some kind. I would actually try and make one, and sort out the rules and whatnot as well. XD;

Pichu_fan
June 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM
- Favorite Episode: Stare Master
- Favorite Main Pony: Applejack
- Favorite Side Pony: DJ PON-3
- About Me: I saw a pony image from KYM when I was looking at cartoon Ponys for random.I never knew a Kids show was that good.DJ PON-3 FOREVER.

Esper
June 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM
There needs to be a Pony TCG of some kind. I would actually try and make one, and sort out the rules and whatnot as well. XD;
I would buy it. Maybe just a playing card game though. Something pretty simple, like Uno.

A board game would be 20% cooler though.

Alternative
June 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM
A board game would be really cool! I guess there'd be landmarks where each of the ponies start, the Library, Applewhatever Acres, Rarity's clothing shop, Canterlot etc. where you could get things. But how would it be played out? You have to compete for Grand Galloping Gala tickets and get to Canterlot to attend such a grand event?

Esper
June 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. There could be cards kind of like in Monopoly where you get to a space and do what's written on the card. Like: "Stop to clean up the library; loose a turn." I mean, it could also just be one of those first-to-get-to-the-end games where you roll a die, but those get boring quickly.

Alternative
June 15th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I was more thinking like Monopoly, as well as get to the end as quickly as you can. So you'd have all the main places, with Canterlet at the end. You'd have to go places in an order so pick up your Gala ticket from Twilight Sparkle, get a present from Pinkie Pie, get a nice dress/suit from Rarity and so on until you've gotten everything, and then you can advance to Canterlot. When I say Canterlot at the end, I mean it'd be like you start at the library and you do laps until you get all the requirements, and then head off to Canterlot.

I was also thinking have draw cards, like Monopoly's Community Chest and Chance cards, which could be replaced with Rarity Gem cards and Pinkie Pie Randomness cards, or something along those lines. Maybe Celestia and Luna cards?

Sweet Candace
June 16th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I was more thinking like Monopoly, as well as get to the end as quickly as you can. So you'd have all the main places, with Canterlet at the end. You'd have to go places in an order so pick up your Gala ticket from Twilight Sparkle, get a present from Pinkie Pie, get a nice dress/suit from Rarity and so on until you've gotten everything, and then you can advance to Canterlot. When I say Canterlot at the end, I mean it'd be like you start at the library and you do laps until you get all the requirements, and then head off to Canterlot.

I was also thinking have draw cards, like Monopoly's Community Chest and Chance cards, which could be replaced with Rarity Gem cards and Pinkie Pie Randomness cards, or something along those lines. Maybe Celestia and Luna cards?

That sounds like you'd be playing as either Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy or Applejack. Or some male pony since they maybe suits at Rarity's...

Alternative
June 16th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I'd make it so you'd play as both fillys and colts, so there's some differences. There'd be different colours and cuties marks and stuff. Those things I mentioned would be examples, as the main ponies would have events installed for them. So Rainbow Dash could be say, challenge her to a race, roll a 6 to win a random other event, or something.

Sweet Candace
June 16th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I think maybe at the end of your turn you'd roll the dice and whatever it landed on it would trigger an event, like racing Rainbow Dash or maybe competing with Applejack to collect the most apples in the apple orchard.

See, this would make a good video game instead of a board game.

Esper
June 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'd make it so you'd play as both fillys and colts, so there's some differences. There'd be different colours and cuties marks and stuff. Those things I mentioned would be examples, as the main ponies would have events installed for them. So Rainbow Dash could be say, challenge her to a race, roll a 6 to win a random other event, or something.
Kind of reminds me of Trivial Pursuit where you have to 'win' at each of six spots around the board and only when you do can you try to win the game by going to the center. So you'd have to win at Sweet Apple Acres, the Library, Sugarcube Corner, Carousel Boutique, and... some other places for Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

I love the idea of Pinkie Pie Randomness cards.

Sweet Candace
June 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
One randomness card could read, "You ate too much cake at one of Pinkie's parties. Lose your turn while you take some antacid."

Spinor
June 16th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I would dig a MLP version of Clue.

Åzurε
June 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I would dig a MLP version of Clue.
Seconded, thirded and fourth'd.

Pinkie Pie in the kitchen with a knife! :D

Sweet Candace
June 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
A MLP Clue game would be cool. The question would be; which pony would play which would be murderer?

Princess Celestia would probably be "Mr. Boddy".

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Pinkie Pie in the kitchen with a knife! :DMaking Cupcakes with a capital 'C'! Oh yes, the mental image I got from that was amazing. Cluedo would be cool concept for a spinoff, though. It's called Cluedo where I'm from!

Sweet Candace
June 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I think other good ideas for spinoffs would be like Monopoly or maybe a MLP version of Mario Kart.

Rainbow Dash would be the fastest probably.

~Ryukaa
June 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, Rainbow Dash would be the fastest, but I'm going to guess her steering won't be so great. xD;
MLP Kart would be great. o3o

Alternative
June 17th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Aww, I missed out on all the Cluedo talk. D:

"Pinkie Pie at the main square with an apple" Fluttershy witnessed the event.

I still think it'd be fun to make a board game. It could be for six people, with some sort of advantage to whatever breed of pony you choose to play as. So for the Rainbow Dash event would be "roll a 5 or 6 to win", if you chose a Pegasus pony to play as, then you could have an advantage in that even, like getting a 4 will also result in a win. You'd get an advantage from Applejack if you're an Earth Pony, and an advantage from Rarity if you're an Unicorn pony.

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Yeah, Rainbow Dash would be the fastest, but I'm going to guess her steering won't be so great. xD;
MLP Kart would be great. o3o

I agree. But her acceleration and speed would be wickedly fast in compensation.

~Ryukaa
June 18th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Well, yeah! She IS the fastest in Equestria. :DDD
Haha, imagine having Derpy as a playable character. xD;;

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Derpy would probably be a difficult character to control, or maybe she would be an easy character to control.

I think the characters that would be average in everything would be ponies like Twilight Sparkle for instance. She would be a good mix of speed/acceleration and handling.

~Ryukaa
June 18th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Oh, lol. It would be so fun if her stats were random each time you used her. o3o

Yeah, I can see that. Fluttershy would have Good Handling, but low Acceleration, I guess.

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah, Fluttershy would have great handling.

Applejack would be, I think another adequate driver and Pinkie Pie would be sort of like Rainbow Dash, be fast, but have poor handling.

With Rarity, she'd have great handling, but poor speed, because she'd probably want to make sure she didn't get her mane dirty.

~Ryukaa
June 18th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Haha, Rarity. xDD;;
I can imagine that. Especially when she gets hit with an item or something.
"Are you out of your mind!? This mane took time to brush and prepare, you know!?"
Or something of the sort.
Celestia would have pretty moderate stats. Average handling and acceleration, like Rosalina.
Luna... hmm. Luna. I'm not too sure about her. xD;
Probably similar to Celestia?

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 06:41 AM
That's a funny idea. Imagine what all the ponies would say if you hit them with something.

AJ: "What in the hay?"
FS: "Oh...that's not nice. But, you're okay..."
RD: "Pick on someone your own size!"
TS: "There's nothing in the book about this!"

I agree with you about Celestia, and I like Luna would be about the same.

Xyrin
June 18th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Celestia in a game? Seriously, SHE'S A PEGASUS UNICORN! Overpowered much?

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Celestia in a game? Seriously, SHE'S A PEGASUS UNICORN! Overpowered much?

She's an alicorn actually. *nerdcough*

That aside, maybe Celestia could be an unlockable character? Or something of the sort.

Xyrin
June 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
She's an alicorn actually. *nerdcough*

That aside, maybe Celestia could be an unlockable character? Or something of the sort.

But since she's so.... OP... I think she would be better like if you won she would be like "Good job!"

Alternative
June 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
She could be the flag bearer or something, or is she too overpowered for something like that as well. :P
Anyway, I had a thought. I know people do silly pony things in the real world, such as give a physics presentation on the subject, but give this a thought. What if someone auditioned for a singing talent show and sang Equestria Girls to try and get in.

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
But since she's so.... OP... I think she would be better like if you won she would be like "Good job!"

Yeah, I guess so. Celestia would probably pwn everyone.

Maybe she could be the gold trophy? xD;

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I think the only ones who would be able to beat Celestia would be Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, who'd be fast enough to compete with her and be possibly the only ponies to beat her if she'd race.

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I think the only ones who would be able to beat Celestia would be Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, who'd be fast enough to compete with her and be possibly the only ponies to beat her if she'd race.

But, being an alicorn would enable her to use the powers of a unicorn and pegasus, thus giving her the power of flight and magic. So, imo, she'd have an advantage over even Dash, since she would be able to use her magic and power of flight. /rambles on~ Though maybe including her as an opponent in "special" levels might be a way around this. Or, as I said before, she could just be a trophy, or as it's been mentioned, the flagbearer or something along those lines.

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Maybe she could be like the Big Boss in Story Mode. Use whatever character you want and navigate through the storyline.

Win the season cup and get a chance to face Celestia in shootout. If you'd win, you'd be crowned "The Fastest Pony Kart Driver in Equestria!"

(Maybe get the ability to earn improvements to your kart [ie, better engines, boosters, and handling systems]?)

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Maybe she could be like the Big Boss in Story Mode. Use whatever character you want and navigate through the storyline.

Win the season cup and get a chance to face Celestia in shootout. If you'd win, you'd be crowned "The Fastest Pony Kart Driver in Equestria!"

(Maybe get the ability to earn improvements to your car [ie, better engines, boosters, and handling systems]?)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

For some reason, I kinda can't picture ponies in karts, like Mario Kart or w/e. I picture them just running.

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I know Dash would certainly decide she'd rather fly then sit in her kart if it was going to slow for her tastes.

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I know Dash would certainly decide she'd rather fly then sit in her kart if it was going to slow for her tastes.

Hm, yeah. But then, them running as opposed to driving would bring about another issue. If the pegasus ponies were not allowed to fly, that would make them like earth ponies in a way. And if there are only earth ponies and unicorns, the unicorns would have an advantage over the earth ponies, by being able to use their magic somehow. At least, that's my theory. I mean, it wouldn't be fair to let the pegasi fly ahead whilst the earth ponies have to run. D:

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe they should all play a game where there be no clear advantage. The problem is the pegasi and unicorns would be at a clear advantage in pretty much every game.

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Maybe they should all play a game where there be no clear advantage. The problem is the pegasi and unicorns would be at a clear advantage in pretty much every game.

Yeah, but what game would that be? ... My Little Pony Scrabble? D:

And another thing I was thinking about. If they were to make a MLP game, it would be aimed at young children -- for example, 3-6 year olds or whatever age group the show's aimed at. So... Yeah. I doubt anything would be too complex. ><; Which kinda sucks.

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Scrabble? You know Twilight would have that game down pat, being the bookworm she is, she'd be able to reel off big point words.

o3o
June 18th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Scrabble? You know Twilight would have that game down pat, being the bookworm she is, she'd be able to reel off big point words.

Oh Celestia, yes. >>; WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

What about MLP karaoke? xD; Singing all the songs from the show as your respective character, and only singing their lines.

Sweet Candace
June 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
That's a good idea, but it sucks Rainbow Dash had only one super awesome solo during any song during Season 1, At the Gala in the episode Best Night Ever.

Been dreaming, I've been waiting,
to fly with those great ponies.
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks,
spinning round and having kicks.
We'll perform for crowds of thousands,
they'll shower us with diamonds.
The Wonderbolts will see me
right here at the Gala!

Whereas every other pony has had a song during Season 1 expect Rainbow Dash. Maybe they think since she's too tomboyish that she doesn't need a song? Why? She was so awesome in At the Gala!

~Ryukaa
June 18th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah, Ashleigh Ball did a brilliant job with Rainbow's voice. Though, her lines in Winter Wrap Up were also pretty awesome. o3o
Did you know that as popular Dashie is, she has the least screentime in Season 1? Interesting fact.
Well, we can only hope in Season 2!
It's been confirmed that Twilight's getting her own solo song, which is freaking brilliant.

o3o
June 19th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah, Ashleigh Ball did a brilliant job with Rainbow's voice. Though, her lines in Winter Wrap Up were also pretty awesome. o3o
Did you know that as popular Dashie is, she has the least screentime in Season 1? Interesting fact.
Well, we can only hope in Season 2!
It's been confirmed that Twilight's getting her own solo song, which is freaking brilliant.

I love Rainbow's singing voice.

Yeah, she's also the only one of the mane cast not to have a pet (AJ has Winona, Twilight has Owlowiscious, Rarity has Opalescence, Pinkie has Gummy and Fluttershy has Angel).

Omg, that's awesome! 8D;

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Some people refer to Scootaloo as Rainbow's pet. But Scoot isn't Rainbow pet at all.

Scootaloo refers to Rainbow as her idol. Rainbow doesn't treat Scoot like a pet at all.

o3o
June 19th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Some people refer to Scootaloo as Rainbow's pet. But Scoot isn't Rainbow pet at all.

Scootaloo refers to Rainbow as her idol. Rainbow doesn't treat Scoot like a pet at all.

Wouldn't that be weird? Having a little girl (well, filly) as a pet? D:

A few others thought Scoot was Dash's little sister, also~ But they're not related, according to Lauren Faust. owo;

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 04:03 AM
I don't know if Rainbow needs a pet. She seems like the pony who'd rather go it alone.

~Ryukaa
June 19th, 2011, 04:07 AM
YES SCOOTALOO IS HER PET. THAT'S PERFECT.
She'd "do anything" for Dashie, anyway. SHE IS HER PET. HUHU

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I wouldn't consider Scoot to be Dashie's pet. More like a crazed fan than a pet IMO.

Alternative
June 19th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Scootaloo, along with being the best of the three Cutie Mark Crusaders, is probably just a huge fan of Rainbow Dash. Which reminds me, I want to see them try again for all their cutie marks. Those episodes are hilarious. XD;

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER CHICKEN CATCHERS!

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I like Scootaloo the best out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I like how she runs around with her little scooter.

~Ryukaa
June 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I find Sweetie Belle to be the best. o3o
I think I just like her singing voice.

Alternative
June 19th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Well, the two best ponies of the Cutie Mark Crusaders are infact Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom isn't even a pony.

Cid
June 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Am joining! I love the series so much, that I doubt my sanity. Jk, not really. xD

- Favorite Episode: The Cutie Mark Chronicles!
- Favorite Main Pony: I'm tied between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.
- Favorite Side Pony: Does Derpy Hooves count? If not, then The Cutie Mark Chronicles trio! I can't pick my favourite from them, because I like them all. xD
- About Me: I checked it out to see what the hype was about. And after that, I got hooked. And it was through this show that I met lots who like the show, too. :3

Oh and with Sweetie Belle's singing voice, it's interesting to note that it was Apple Bloom's voice actress who sung as Sweetie Belle in her song during Stare Master. But I like all of them equally. x3

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Well, Applejack and Rainbow Dash have the same VA, but their voices were clearly different during the song At the Gala.

Xyrin
June 19th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I just finished the series. OBGLOB!!!! SO AWESOME!!!

Does anyone know what Sweetie Belle's and Scootaloo's Gen 3 cutie marks are?

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I'm almost done watching all Season 1 Episodes. Just have to watch 1 or 2 more and I've watched every episode.

I can't wait!

Astinus
June 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Scootaloo, along with being the best of the three Cutie Mark Crusaders

I like Scootaloo the best out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
Felt like this was so important it needed to be said again.

Welcome Cid and anyone else who didn't get a welcome!

I know fandom is thinking, or hoping actually, that Dash's pet is a turtle named Speedy. If this is true, it would be so awesome in my opinion.

Does anyone know what Sweetie Belle's and Scootaloo's Gen 3 cutie marks are?
Scootaloo's is a butterfly with two small flowers. Sweetie Bell's is a sparkly pink heart.

And allow me to flail in excitement over Twilight getting a solo song in season 2.

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I was expecting something like Rainbow Dash's cutie mark for Scootaloo.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I was expecting something like Rainbow Dash's cutie mark for Scootaloo.Same here, but I'm sure that they're not rehashing the G3 marks for FiM. A butterfly with two small flowers doesn't sound very Scootaloo.

Sweet Candace
June 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Sounds like something Fluttershy would have had instead of her 3 butterfly cutie mark.

Alice
June 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I'd love to join!

- Favorite Episode: Hmm, well I don't know if I could pick a favorite episode yet, as I'm only on ep 8, but this is easily the best scene so far. coW4YkNenCs
- Favorite Pony: Rainbow Dash of course. :D
- About Me: Hmm, well I don't care much about MLP itself, or care to follow the news about it or anything, but I can't deny that the show is amazing. lol

I'd love a buzzing buzzard signature btw. =P

Oryx
June 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I would guess Scootaloo's would have something to do with dancing, but not sure how to make that into something tangible in an image...

Sweetie Belle should definitely have some kind of music note, considering how many times her singing ability is hinted at. Or a microphone.

Alternative
June 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I would imagine Sweetie Belle getting a cutie mark in the form of a microphone. The music nite already belongs to DJ PON3. The microphone would better represent her singing abilities anyway. :)

Sweet Candace
June 20th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I think a microphone would make sense for Sweetie Belle. She does have a great singing ability for such a young pony.

o3o
June 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I think a microphone would make sense for Sweetie Belle. She does have a great singing ability for such a young pony.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. How did she not get her cutie mark for singing that awesome solo in Stare Master? D:

Sweet Candace
June 20th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I guess they are planning for each Cutie Mark Crusader to get their cutie marks at the same time.

o3o
June 20th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I guess they are planning for each Cutie Mark Crusader to get their cutie marks at the same time.

That would make sense.

But I'm really hoping Sweetie gets something to do with singing. It would be kinda pointless to show that she has an awesome talent for singing and then not give her a cutie mark for it. Oh, and I just made something 'cause I was super bored;~

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pic/src/130858559516.png

Sweet Candace
June 20th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I never noticed that when I first watched the pilot episode. But, I watched it a little while ago and saw that.

And said to myself, "Wow, how could I have missed that?"

o3o
June 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I never noticed that when I first watched the pilot episode. But, I watched it a little while ago and saw that.

And said to myself, "Wow, how could I have missed that?"

Same here. xD; I was like, "ZOMG CREEPY" when I saw it.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Holy eff... (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/ponychan-brony-changes-his-legal-name.html)
Some guy over in Finland legally changed his name to "Rainbow Alexsi Dash".
I am in awe. A bit weirded out, but in awe nonetheless.
I can't vouch for how legit this is, but still... It's not statistically impossible, what with the issue with that guy marrying his DS and or favourite game character.

Personally, I don't think this was the wisest thing to do, but you have to admit that he is definitely one hell of a brony.

Sweet Candace
June 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Only a true brony would go to his government and get papers to legally change his name to Rainbow Dash.

That guy is a true brony. I salute him for having the audacity to do that.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Only a true brony would go to his government and get papers to legally change his name to Rainbow Dash.

That guy is a true brony. I salute him for having the audacity to do that.Pros: Probably the most epic thing anyone has ever done for the fandom.
Cons: Ruined life.

Having said that. While listening to Equestria Girls for the umpteenth time, I stumbled across this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbFZ-adsKc8). :C

I know, two stories/updates in a day = not good because it comes off as attention-whoring, but I can't help myself. This is the last piece of info today, I swear.

Sweet Candace
June 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM
And now that poor fellow will be shipped with every pony in Equestria.

DiscoGlacier
June 21st, 2011, 02:28 AM
- Favorite Episode: Very tough choice. While I haven't seen all of the episodes yet (I became a brony fairly late), I would have to say the first two episodes, Sonic Rainboom, Suited for Success,The Cutie Mark Chronicles, and Over the Barrel are among my favorites. I still have yet to see A Bird in the Hoof, Winter Wrap Up, and the season finale. Blasted spoilers!!

- Favorite Main Pony: From favorite to least:
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Rainbow Dash
3. Fluttershy
4. Twilight Sparkle
5. Applejack
6. Rarity

- Favorite Side Pony: Dr. Whooves; while I'm not a Dr. Who fan, I was able to relate most to him based on his bit role in Call of the Cutie.

- About Me: I initially passed the show off as another internet phase a la Panty and Stocking, until I stumbled across a TF2 micspam playing "Giggle at the Ghosties." I loved the lyrics enough to look further into it, until I finally became a brony.

I also have this idea of making a Pokemon Red hack using MLP characters. I have a lot of planning to do, however.

Sweet Candace
June 21st, 2011, 05:14 AM
I passed this off as an Internet craze as well. Morely indifferent of it, I didn't pay attention to MLP:FiM until my curiosity got the better of me and I started watching episodes of it.

o3o
June 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
We need a new topic. How about... Your favourite cutie mark?
Mine would have to be Ziggy Stardust's/Cappuccino's, both side ponies.

Astinus
June 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Your favourite cutie mark?
This one:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Hanako_Tabris/Macros%20and%20gifs/Friendship%20is%20Magic%20gifs%20and%20macros/FiM-Orionpony.jpg

Orion is my favorite constellation, and to see him on a pony cemented that pony into a favorite of mine. I hope Orion the pony makes a return somehow in the show, especially since Twilight Sparkle also likes Orion the constellation.

Sweet Candace
June 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Rainbow Dash's is my fave. But I saw a fan-made cutie mark for Spitfire and I have to say the idea for Spitfire's cutie mark is awesome!

http://maximillianveers.deviantart.com/art/Spitfire-Cutie-Mark-Custom-211061215?q=gallery%3Amlp-vectorclub%2F29968952&qo=37

Maraala
June 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Mine would be either Rarity's or Rainbow Dash's. And if they keep Sweetie Belle's the same from the last MLP series for whenever she gets it, then hers as well.

Sweet Candace
June 22nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
Mine would be either Rarity's or Rainbow Dash's. And if they keep Sweetie Belle's the same from the last MLP series for whenever she gets it, then hers as well.

I haven't paid attention to the previous series, what was Sweetie Belle's cutie mark?

Maraala
June 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
it would be this:

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/7/71/Mib-sweetiebelle-basket.jpg

I'm not sure if she is in any of the animated cartoons though, I just remember her in the toys.

Alternative
June 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
That picture, and toy of Sweetie Belle looks very creepy. This generation of Sweetie Belle > old ones.

Sweet Candace
June 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
I've seen pictures of the old generations of My Little Pony...and they...disturb me. *shudders*

They just so much more appealing, sleeker and brighter in Gen 4.

Maraala
June 22nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
ohyes, Gen. 4 ponies are much more adorable than the older ones~

DiscoGlacier
June 23rd, 2011, 12:15 AM
I like the unique, stylized look of this generation more than the past ones too. I do like the basic G1 designs, though.

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 04:27 AM
Gen I designs are rather basic. But Lauren Faust's character designs are so much better then Gen 3/3.5.

~Ryukaa
June 23rd, 2011, 04:33 AM
Oh, the dreaded Gen 3/3.5.
That was so terrible, I don't even-

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 04:51 AM
Rainbow Dash by far had the extremist makeover of any pony that existed going from Gen 3/3.5 to Gen 4. She was basically the Gen 3/3.5 version of the Gen 4 Rarity. They also turned her from a land pony, to a super-fast pegasus, making her name make much more sense. They also changed her attitude from "always dressing in style" to "20% cooler".

Gen 4 Rainbow Dash runs circles around the older version of herself.

~Ryukaa
June 23rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
http://gifts.myer.com.au/au_my-little-pony-4-pack_d_13354.aspx

Oh my Celestia, thank you Australia. Thank you. |DDDDDDDDDD

Anyway yeah. xDD;;
"Rainbow Dash always dresses in style!"
That line is forever engraved into my mind.

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 05:28 AM
I've only seen pictures of the older generations of My Little Pony. Lucky I haven't seen any videos. I don't think I'd be able to handle that...

~Ryukaa
June 23rd, 2011, 05:33 AM
v/ST2N-9ATKCc
Evil ponyman is evil.

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
I don't want to click on the video. I don't want to be scarred by watching it...

I just can't watch it because the older generations just simply scare me.

~Ryukaa
June 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
COME ON, CANDANCE. BE A MAN. YOU CAN DO IT. YOU HAVE THE DRILL THAT CAN PIERCE THE HEAVENS. GIGA DRILL BREAAAAK.
I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 23rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Burn it! Burn it! I can't take how horrendous they look and act and are. ;_;
All I can say is that it would have been better if all the previous MLP's had never existed and FiM was a Faust original. Yes, maybe then perceptions wouldn't have been so horrible.

"Rainbow Dash always dresses in style!"This is why. This is why. This is why I have always hated the commercials for the toys. Always. I still do because they're targeted towards little girls and they pander too much to the stereotype that it becomes unbearable.

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
The old MLP series just screamed stereotyping. Whereas in the current series, there is no stereotyping, and that the show could easily be enjoyed by both guys and girls.

Maraala
June 23rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
Well if you think about it, there is ~some~ stereotyping. It just isn't as bad as the older series and is more appealing. Dash is your generic tomboy, Applejack is your generic American Southerner (I know cause it's where i live), Pinkie Pie is your generic hyper/ADHD person (which half of my friends are), Rarity is your generic rich kid that can basically afford anything, and Twilight is the bookworm. Fluttershy really has no stereotype, unless you count the quiet kid that always sits in the corner.

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Sure there are stereotypes in the Generation IV of MLP. But really, I don't think it was as major as it was previously.

mzmingle
June 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
- Favorite Episode: I don't know...
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy!
- Favorite Side Pony: umm...is Applejack a side pony?
- About Me: I love My little Pony, i've been watching this one since i saw the first ep. (aka yesterday)

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Applejack is not a side pony, she's one of the six mane ponies.

Alternative
June 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Anyone who went with Twilight Sparkle to go and get the Elements of Harmony from Darkness Meaniepants whatever Princess Luna was, is a main pony. Although Twilight Sparkle is considered the least liked of all of them (in my eyes).

Maraala
June 23rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Nightmare Moon^

I also consider Celestia and the Cutie Mark Crusaders as main ponies too~

And yes, Twilight Sparkle is the least liked pony imo

Alternative
June 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
I don't.
For starters, Applebloom isn't a real pony Celestia only appears in what, a few episodes, and maybe a minute of screentime, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders do have some episodes revolving around them, but it's also a main pony as well, not to mention they didn't appear until roughly 10 episodes in.

Eeyup.

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
Don't most people hate Twilight Sparkle for being a bookworm and a know-it-all?

Esper
June 23rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
I love Twilight for being a bookworm well read. Why the hate?

We need a new topic. How about... Your favourite cutie mark?
Mine would have to be Ziggy Stardust's/Cappuccino's, both side ponies.
There's a pony named Ziggy Stardust? o_O Is that official? That would be a second Bowie reference after Diamond Dogs.

Maraala
June 23rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
I hate her cause she's annoying

I guess cause nobody can relate to her unlike the rest of the ponies.

Also I just finished ponyifing my laptop last night. I have custom sounds (whenever I minimize a window, Fluttershy goes "way to go" and when I maximize one she goes "yay" and when I open a new window she goes "you rock, woohoo". It really gives me a big moral boost~), pony desktop icons, as well as a wallpaper. I'm currently trying to find some cursors. As soon as I get my hands on a video camera, I record my creation.

Also, i'm not sure if I ever showed the picture my theme is based on. When I found it, my head literally almost exploded from the awesomeness.
http://ponibooru.413chan.net/_images/f08f6d3d38776a24addc3a2c7e5d2d92/12837%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Afiarel%20derpy_hooves%20fluttershy%20Grenade%20Little%20my%20pinkamena_diane_pie%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20rarity%20twilight_sparkle%20zombie.png

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
That's a cool image, Sammy. But no zombie Derpy? Every other pony (excluding the mane six) is bloodstained and zombified.

Maraala
June 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Derpy is too amazing to be zombified.

I also found a video camera so I'm am recording as we speak~

Xyrin
June 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Derpy is too amazing to be zombified.

I also found a video camera so I'm am recording as we speak~

YESYESYEYSYESYEYS!!!

I heard you tweet about it so it better be awesome!

Sweet Candace
June 23rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
I think then Derpy should be fighting the zombies like the six mane ponies.

o3o
June 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
I love Twilight for being a bookworm well read. Why the hate?

There's a pony named Ziggy Stardust? o_O Is that official? That would be a second Bowie reference after Diamond Dogs.

It's not official, but it's the most common name for him. ~
Some of his other names are Northen Star, Ice, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/Fap4A.png

Alternative
June 23rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
I didn't know there were loads of David Bowie references in the show. :o Also I just noticed that Fluttershy is holding a grenade.

Cid
June 24th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Fluttershy holding a grenade looks so badass. 8D And I just started watching the first episode again. That happening sometime after I finished watching the first season's entirety and got tired of waiting for the next. xD

Also I just finished ponyifing my laptop last night. I have custom sounds (whenever I minimize a window, Fluttershy goes "way to go" and when I maximize one she goes "yay" and when I open a new window she goes "you rock, woohoo". It really gives me a big moral boost~), pony desktop icons, as well as a wallpaper. I'm currently trying to find some cursors. As soon as I get my hands on a video camera, I record my creation.
:o
This sounds so cool.

Maraala
June 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
The video isn't gonna happen soon. It's taking to long to covert it to a different filetype to fix the audio since the audio is lagging behind the video. I recorded it in HD so it's taking so long to convert it. I'll try again sometime next week (maybe Friday most likely) so it'll be awhile.

And yes, Fluttershy is so awesome holding a grenade.

o3o
June 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I customised my sound scheme as well. Minimising makes Fluttershy go "NO!" and maximising makes her go "Yay"; when I log on Dash says "Pinkie Pie you are so random" and when I log off Pinkie says "Have tuba, will travel". A few other things make different noises too.

Sweet Candace
June 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I should look into this, although I'd probably just change icons around or something, I don't know.

Changing sounds, it sounds a little too difficult for me really.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Also I just finished ponyifing my laptop last night. I have custom sounds (whenever I minimize a window, Fluttershy goes "way to go" and when I maximize one she goes "yay" and when I open a new window she goes "you rock, woohoo". It really gives me a big moral boost~), pony desktop icons, as well as a wallpaper. I'm currently trying to find some cursors.I have to agree with this. It sounds epic, especially with Fluttershy's voice.

In other news, I actually spent the day reading the whole of Pony Psychology Fanfic series, among other things. I have one thing to say. It. Is. Amazing. I mean, almost everythin about it is perfect, and... wow... the characterizations and everything are just spot on. I'm not too keen on the shipping part, but everything else was solid.

o3o
June 24th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I have to agree with this. It sounds epic, especially with Fluttershy's voice.

In other news, I actually spent the day reading the whole of Pony Psychology Fanfic series, among other things. I have one thing to say. It. Is. Amazing. I mean, almost everythin about it is perfect, and... wow... the characterizations and everything are just spot on. I'm not too keen on the shipping part, but everything else was solid.

I read that. It actually made me tear up a little bit, especially at the end -- "Magic makes it all complete." And Pinkie Pie. I actually love the shipping, it makes me feel all fuzzy inside. AAAAH YOU MAKE ME WANT TO READ IT ALL AGAIN.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
June 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I read that. It actually made me tear up a little bit, especially at the end -- "Magic makes it all complete." And Pinkie Pie. I actually love the shipping, it makes me feel all fuzzy inside. AAAAH YOU MAKE ME WANT TO READ IT ALL AGAIN.Pinkie Pie was my favourite story to be honest. Magic makes it all complete and the tarot cards? Genius. The man's a genius. There's also a new story by the same author I think (Alicorns: Blame). Reveals a bit of fanon backstory for Luna and features sisterly love. That, too, is amazing. :D

o3o
June 24th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Pinkie Pie was my favourite story to be honest. Magic makes it all complete and the tarot cards? Genius. The man's a genius. There's also a new story by the same author I think (Alicorns: Blame). Reveals a bit of fanon backstory for Luna and features sisterly love. That, too, is amazing. :D

Mm, yeah. The whole storyline is just... I would never have been able to think of it.
I found a little picture of Pinkamena with a line from the story; something along the lines of "I try to be happy, Rainbow Dash, but if I show my feelings, everypone will know something's WRONG with me!" or something like that. ;;

Cid
June 25th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I just read the fic. And I must say that the characterizations were spot-on. :o The author writes really well, and had really creative ideas that were believable enough to be canon.
I don't like how elaborate the author's fan ideas were written within the last few parts, though. And Rarity's story felt a bit tacked-on (granted, I don't remember her losing it in the first season at all) after reading it, but I appreciated her characterization in it nonetheless.
Pinkie Pie's story really hit me, as well as Fluttershy's. And I agree that the ending was touching. I haven't read Alicorns: Blame, though.

I think this would probably make me read more MLP fanfics from now on. xD The series has such a diverse fanbase, including creative ones who write fanfiction.

Alternative
June 25th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I probably won't end up reading many pony fanfics as long as I'm interested in ponies. After somewhat reading Cupcakes, that's just killed it for me. I'd give it another try, but eh, not too keen on it. :/

Also Devin, upload that video faster!

Sweet Candace
June 25th, 2011, 04:27 AM
But, some fanfics are not always happy, bright and cheery. *coughCupcakescough*

I refuse to read that fan-fic. I won't read it even if you paid me to.