PDA

View Full Version : The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Cat Dog
April 12th, 2011, 03:02 PM
~The PokéCommunity 30 Day Song Challenge~

Stolen from Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/30-Day-Song-Challenge/120874111270003?sk=wall)

OK, so the idea of this thread is that once a day, people can make a post about a song that means something to them. However, in order to make it more interesting, on each day you should post a different song. What song do you pick for each given day? Here's where the guidelines come in:

Day 01 - Your favourite song
Day 02 - Your least favourite song
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 11 - A song from your favourite band
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 - A song that describes you
Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 - A song from your favourite album
Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 - A song from your childhood
Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year

Simples! So, in order to participate, just make a post with:

The Day it is (e.g. Day 1, Day 2 | NOT April 13 etc.)
The name of the song
The artist/group it's by
WHY THE SONG FITS THIS CRITERIA! (Can't stress this point enough)
Maybe a clip of it from YouTube/iTunes or the like to help showcase the song in question

The idea is one post a day by those participating in order to keep the thread going for the full 30 days. Sound exciting?

What about latecomers?
Latecomers should post with whatever the CURRENT DAY asks of them, but they can post earlier ones as well, if they want to catch up to everyone else. For example, if you come in on Day 16, you MUST put a song that you used to love but now hate, but you can pick and choose if you want to put earlier ones (like Day 1, Day 7 or all of them!) in. If you have any concerns, check this post as I'll be crossing the days off as we do them. If it has been crossed off, don't start with it.

The way Facebook does it is to just have everyone starting from the beginning when they want to, and that's certainly the ideal, but on such a centralised platform such as this, it'd just cause confusion and cluttering. Ruthless simplicity is the key to success!

When does it start?
It starts pretty much when I post this at approximately MIDNIGHT UTC+1. This'll be the cut-off point for the start of the new day. It's kind of arbitrary, but with so many people in different time zones, it's probably best to have me being the benchmark considering this is my joint and all.

If in doubt about when to post, look at my entries. If I haven't posted yet: hold your horses and wait a bit!

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to VM or PM me - Mr Cat Dog.

-~-~-~
I'll get the ball rolling then! This is the sort of format people should be working in, but if you want to mix it up a little: go nuts!

Day 01: Your favourite song

"When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin: "Stairway to Heaven" was technically my entry into the world of Zeppelin, but as I listened to its overshadowed contemporary album-mate, I became entranced by its hypnotic, repetitive structure, haunting lyrics brilliant orchestration. Haven't looked back since!

v/WbrjRKB586

There should be a YouTube video there as well... my computer seems to be dying at the moment so it may not appear! AGH! Oh well...

-~-~-~

If you want to go crazy and do all of this for video games too, the link is here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249898).

Shake
April 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Day 1: Your Favorite Song
"I won't see you tonight pt. 1" by Avenged Sevenfold: I just love this song. It is a masterpiece.

Eliminator Jr.
April 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I'm actually doing this on Facebook right now XD

30 Day Song Challenge day 01 - your favourite song
Not my favourite of all time, but I'm really digging this at the moment.

pFI6lPylG_c

51st Anniversary by the Jimi Hendrix Experience

Drekin
April 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Day 01: Your favorite song

"Michelle" by The Beatles: I will never be able to pick a favorite Beatles song but right now this is what I've been listening to a lot.

Oryx
April 12th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Day 1: Your favorite song

Be Calm by Fun. My friend sent this to me, and I never listened to it, and now I adore it. I could listen to it for hours on end, sing it while I walk to classes over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMXBUjm8tM

mondays suck
April 13th, 2011, 12:41 AM

"Electric Eye" by Judas Priest: Choosing one out of my favorites is not exactly an easy thing to do, but if I have to, I think I'll go with this one. I listen to it a lot, had an earworm of it for months, generally just love it. And still don't know any of the lyrics after the first chorus.

As for a video...

http://oi52.tinypic.com/25a0qj4.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ96oEwYrE8&feature=related)
Yeah, screw you too.

Arma
April 13th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I really have troubles picking a favortie, but I guess for now it'd be:
Keep the record on play by Outlandish
This song has some real inspirational lyrics, ans I can listen to this all day long.
cqFqUFOlfI8

King Of The Blues
April 13th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Day 01: Your Favourite Song.

Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues.

Why is it me favourite song?
Still Got the Blues was the first Gary Moore song I ever listened to and it was the song that ignited my love of Gary Moore and his guitar playing, singing and music. It will always hold a place in my heart. It's a lovely song with passion, emotion and soul with brilliant lyrics and a lovely, blues rock guitar tone and solo. A masterpiece by a great who loved what he did.

4O_YMLDvvnw

Guy
April 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Just to note, this challenge has been approved by Patchisou Yutohru.

kidpunk
April 13th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Day 1: Your Favorite Song

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze

Why is it my favorite song?
I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and this newer style of music over the years. This was the first real song to have this type of formatting to their style, and probably the best. The slow tempo and beat, along with the lyrics and the bass really make it so I can't go a day without hearing this song.

fPAAP2beM_Q

By the way, in this video, the recording has been tuned up a step, which I personally look more.

moments.
April 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Day 01: Your Favourite Song.
Radar Detector - Darwin Deez

8pbdLqTh_x4

Not my all time favourite song, but for the moment, and very recently, this has been a massive hit for myself and have listened to it probably more than other songs over the last week or two. I don't think I have an all time favourite song, so this one will do! It is so happy and gets you dancing along with it without any real control. :P Plus he is so hip!

Perrie ✿
April 13th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I must warn you, most of these songs will be glee! :3
Day 01 - Your favorite song

Glee - I've had the time of my life.

DWdGRl8hXN8

I just love this song so much, I love the original, so I was bound to love this, I saw it on the show and I was like @_@ I got goosebumps watching it. I love performing it to.

Day 02 - Your least favorite song

Someone - Black and Yellow.

UePtoxDhJSw

I just hate this song, Ergh! >: It's not even music, more of an insult really. I don't even know the name of the "Artist" who shouts sings this.

mondays suck
April 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Day 02: Your least favourite song

Lady Gaga - Pokerface

Summer 2009. Driving school. The radio was on constantly. About every third song was this one. Such involuntary overexposure does nothing good, I still hate that song with a passion today.

I don't have to search a video for this one, right?

Esper
April 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Day 01: Your Favorite Song
Just For Now by Imogen Heap

It's simply a beautiful song. The lyrics paint a great picture of people gathering together and trying to move forward with their lives without ever having to say that's what they're doing. I don't know what exactly the story is and I kind of like it that way, the ambiguity. It lets me listen to it and if I'm in one frame of mind or another a different story pops into my head. The music carries the song along. It's just great altogether.

This is a live a cappella clip of the song where she records herself singing and clapping to create her own backing music and vocals. That is talent.

25VGdNU3nrU

And since it's almost time for day 2...

Day 02: Your Least Favorite Song
The Beatles - Why Don't We Do It In The Road?

It's not the worst song I've ever heard - it's not even a bad song compared to a lot of what I could choose - but with The Beatles I expect so much better than this. It's one line... over and over. Paul doesn't even sing it that well. And the story behind it, about Paul watching some monkeys in India, well, that speaks for itself.

I don't want to add a video or anything for this one because then I'll have to hear it. :<

Mr Cat Dog
April 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Just a reminder to everyone: a new day starts at MIDNIGHT UTC+1. Please don't post the new day's song until then, otherwise it'll lead to everyone's days going out of whack. Nice to see so many people participating, which is great!

For the most part, I'll be posting my entries at around the cut-off point, so if you wait until I've posted mine, then you can't go wrong!

Anyhoo, on with the show:

"Axel F" by Crazy Frog: Novelty music at its worst and most obnoxious. Yet its infamy propelled it to the top of the charts when it was released. Even Rebecca Stunfisk had a tune to Friday, but this is literally a mono-sounding ringtone applied to a crappy cover version of an already bad song. Awful on every conceivable level. Ear-bleedingly bad.

But I now how to upload stuff now... so here's the horror itself!

v/k85mRPqvMbE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Axeliira
April 13th, 2011, 04:01 PM

Bed Rock by Young Money. I don't care if this song was soooo popular back then and soo popular until now. It's so annoying to hear it 1000000 times a day on the radio.

fenyx4
April 13th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Interesting thread idea...though I wish more days could be added... I'm probably going to have the combine the last few into one post when it gets to around that time, though... -.-

I wonder if there could be a version that's more videogame music-inclined...?

Anyway:

"Go Go Power Rangers" by Ron Wasserman/The Mighty RAW: Technically I have two favorite songs, but I'll save the other one for the end. This song is classic, and IMO one of the representative songs of the awesome era of the 1990s. A powerful indefatigable fighting force that resists the malicious forces of the universe. EPIC. Furthermore, the guitar pieces in this song are simply amazing, with the ability to still hold up to a lot of today's modern music. Hard to believe that it was composed all the way in 1993. Not to mention that it was created in the space of 2 hours. :cer_boogie: The rallying cry of a generation, indeed, and I'm blessed to have been given the opportunity to hear such a terrific tune of rock. Here's the full version of the theme, though I actually prefer the TV version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHuK3bV8-I) myself.

v/K0KOfTV1dbc

Friday by Rebecca "Stunfisk" Black: Mr. Wasserman, I am terribly sorry that I have to post this following atrocity of a song after your wonderful masterpiece. It's even more infuriating how this song has more views than "Go Go Power Rangers". Unfortunately, the world has been subjected to its unfathomable level of suck. But yeah...I didn't anticipate the song would actually be bad. Oh, how wrong I was. Empty, bland, and excessively simple lyrics; uninspired vocals of AutoTune, a weird music video, and overall horribleness of a high and previously-unknown degree seal the fate of this sheer mess that's destined for the trash bin. It took the position of "Worst Song Ever" quickly, and my previous candidate had been cemented for years, and this song was all it took to alter that in an instant. Hopefully, this insult to my ears STOPS INFILTRATING MY POSTS.

I also avoided giving it yet another view by copying the link location from its preview page, rather than viewing the actual video itself. Ick. :x

v/CD2LRROpph0

Someone - Black and Yellow.

I have to admit, this song can become quite annoying to hear with all of its uninspired repetition.

"Axel F" by Crazy Frog: Novelty music at its worst and most obnoxious. Yet its infamy propelled it to the top of the charts when it was released. Even Rebecca Stunfisk had a tune to Friday, but this is literally a mono-sounding ringtone applied to a crappy cover version of an already bad song. Awful on every conceivable level. Ear-bleedingly bad.

But I now how to upload stuff now... so here's the horror itself!

Gwah?? Hey! This song is not bad! ;_; "Friday" has WAY more suckiness than Crazy Frog ever has! And I'd prefer this instrumental than "Friday"'s vocals and instrumental any day of the week (especially on Fridays).

Akita
April 13th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Working Class Hero - Green Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCFcDy94xc&feature=youtube_gdata_player)
Since the first time I heard John Lennon's "Working Class Hero", it's been my favorite song. The lyrics stuck with me, and the themes are something I'm familiar with. I believe that Green Day delivers the song more powerfully, but it's the song itself that will always be my favorite above all else.

Day 02: Your least favorite song

Friday - Rebecca Black
She has no talent. Her nasal, auto-tuned voice grates on my nerves. Repition is not catchy. Wannabe Usher...

Enough said.

Cherrim
April 13th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Day 01 - Your favorite song
I don't have a favourite song. It changes by the week. Right now it's probably Again by Yui (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBx8_1m9rn8) (the first opening to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) since I've been listening to it a lot lately and it's constantly stuck in my head but... I suppose the song I always come back to as a favourite is The Thirteenth Anthology by Yoko Shimomura (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exM36YMs4kA), a medley of the Organization themes in the Kingdom Hearts series. I always find it both calming/comforting (I guess since I'm so obsessed with the series, derp) and a bit exhilarating since most of the medley is essentially boss music. xD I've never gotten sick of it.

I... I'm not really sure I have one? I dislike any song that gets on my nerves, I guess, but I find it hard to hate songs. I suppose one that's bothered me for a long time, both for its lyrics, sound, and the artist, is Tik-Tok by Ke$ha. I find it really vapid and everything in it just kinda... it's really not my preferred sorta lifestyle and I don't approve of it. *PRUDE LMAO* I just... the whole thing bothers me and it gets stuck in my head too easily. >:O Just thinking about it right now has it stuck in my head.
v/iP6XpLQM2Cs

hyperblast81
April 13th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Day 1: favorite song
Twilight of the Thunder God
Amon Amarth
It was the song that got me into Amon Amarth in general, as well as having a killer riff and drums. A pure masterpiece for any death metal fan's collection. *Well, technically it's viking metal, but, meh whatever.*

Day 2: Least favorite song.
Anything that's modern pop or rap.
Well, yeah.. that's kind of... well.. yeah.

mondays suck
April 14th, 2011, 02:31 AM
*Well, technically it's viking metal, but, meh whatever.*
[insert [female dog]ing and moaning about how viking-themed MDM is NOT Viking Metal here]
I do love Amon Amarth though, and TOTTG is a masterpiece, yes.

Eliminator Jr.
April 14th, 2011, 03:28 AM
30 Day Song Challenge day 02 - your least favourite song
So many artists that I hate more that I could have put here (Pink, Simple Plan etc.) but this song is terrible, especially the chorus. It's on the radio at work all the time.

smbQh-LCKOw

The Horses by Daryl Braithwaite

Arma
April 14th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Day 2: Your least favorite song.

Basically, anything punk and/or metal. If I had to pick a song it'd be
Within Temptation - What Have You Done (feat. Keith Caputo)
God, I heard this song in during every break in highschool.

gEgXDhiayz4

kidpunk
April 14th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

My Jeans by Jenna Rose

Why is it my least favorite song?
You thought Rebecca Black was worse? Maybe. But in my opinion, this girl is 100 times worse. At least Ms. Black tried with her lyrics, unlike this girl. The beat stays the same, the lyrics barely change, it is the same bubblegum garbage that has been happening recently, and I'm sick of it.

By the way, this came out before Friday.

7DwT_2QQU64

Oh, and the song/video has 6,794 likes and 87,241 dislikes.
That is a 12.8 to 1 Ratio.

Patchisou Yutohru
April 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Day 1 - Your Favorite Song (April, 13, 2011? :D)
Invincible - Muse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4QshsTE3U)

I suck at choosing a favorite song. I have a lot of favorite songs, but this song is by far the one that sticks out in my mind as my absolute favorite when I look at all my favorites long enough to really narrow it down. It manages to make me feel happy, yet sad at the same time. I can relate to the lyrics, I can feel the lyrics. But the song itself means a great deal to me and is my go-to song for when I'm feeling down. It's a powerful, beautiful song. The lyrics touch me and the instrumentals sooth me. I can also relate multiple messages to the lyrics enough for me to listen to it for just about any reason and still be able to relate to it in the same way.

Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song (April, 14, 2011)
Just Dance - Lady Gaga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw)

I love Lady Gaga, but this is just… I genuinely hate this song. Sad considering this is the song that introduced her to the entire world, but I just don't like it. I have no real explanation for it other than the fact that the song irks me.

Shake
April 14th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Day 02: Your least favorite song
I don't really have a least favorite song. I just have songs that I hate. I hate anything extremely slow or talentless. I also hate songs writen by those fad "artists" like Justin Bieber, The Jonas Brothers, and Miley Cyrus. I guess choose "Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner. That song annoys the crap out of me.

mondays suck
April 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
No idea why I didn't think of this possibility earlier, but... what happens when you don't know a song for one day?
Like, for example, Day 26, "a song you can play on an instrument". I, for instance, can't play any songs on instruments, so...
So, do you lose? Just skip the day? Invent lies? Something different?

EDIT: Should be midnight by now in Britain, so...

Day 03: A song that makes you happy

Hmm, kind of hard actually, I haven't listened to any songs specifically for that purpose yet...
Eventually I decided to pick this one:
GxTzQ3nRtas

Amon Amarth - Cry of the Blackbirds. It makes me feel just completely awesome, and feeling awesome is a way of feeling happy, I think.

King Of The Blues
April 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Day 02: Your least favourite song.

This is a hard one due to the fact that there are many songs I hate and that annoy me. Most of these songs are in the Metal, Rap, Punk, Pop, Dance.

Lady Gaga - Born This Way.

wV1FrqwZyKw

I'm hiding it in spoilers because it's so awful. This is up there with many songs I hate.

Mr Cat Dog
April 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hey everyone. Thanks for making this thread so popular. I brought this up when I floated the idea to Patchisou Yutohru, but how would people feel about a separate Discussion Thread, and operate a structure similar to the Pictures Thread in Other Chat? That way we could compare the songs we've chosen for each day and help facilitate a dialogue. General thoughts on this would be great!

No idea why I didn't think of this possibility earlier, but... what happens when you don't know a song for one day?
Like, for example, Day 26, "a song you can play on an instrument". I, for instance, can't play any songs on instruments, so...
So, do you lose? Just skip the day? Invent lies? Something different?

For non-musical people, I guess it could be a song you can sing reasonably well. We all have voices, after all. You can, of course, lie if you want to... but it sorta takes the fun out of it.

Also, there were still two hours to go when you edited your post. If you want to know what time it is in Britain: just search for it in Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=588&q=what+time+is+it+in+london&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=).

Anyhoo... on with the show:

"Gold Watch and Chain" by Meryl Streep and Garrison Keillor (from the soundtrack to the film A Prairie Home Companion): This really shouldn't make me happy, given the lyrics about dying love and pawning treasured possessions and general unhappiness... and yet every time I listen to it I can't help but tap my feet, enjoy the vocal harmonies as well as the rootin' tootin' country feel the song has going for it. My favourite song from the film by a country mile.

v/8rFztBx-5PI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

marz
April 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM
You should let people start whenever they want, but it's all good.

John Frusciante - Second Walk

I remember ever since 4 years ago, listening through John's Shadows Collide with People, the entire album has such a grim (but great) tone, and Second Walk seems to be one of the only upbeat songs on the album. Whenever it came on it essentially made me happier hahaha. Not that listening to the album makes you sad but...

To be honest I don't think I have a least favourite song because I don't concentrate on music I dislike... for me to have a least favourite song, it would mean that I hate a particular song more than others, and for me to have proper reasoning for such hatred would mean I listen to it a lot.. which I wouldn't lol

Damn this was a tough one...
By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers

There's a few reasons for this one. Firstly because I think Californication and By the Way were the first two songs I heard by the Chili Peppers and I loved them immediately. Secondly because our band loved playing By the Way. It was a riot to play on stage during the song, and the fact that everyone always knew the lyrics meant that our band could always draw in the crowd to sing along at the end. It was so fun to play on stage and practice and yeah. When you have so many favourite songs, you have to look past musical perfection and see what songs really mean something to you, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnfyjwChuNU

Perrie ✿
April 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM

bdGK1itqpzM

This song literally came out about 5 Hours ago. I love it. I actually do feel major happy when I listen to it! :3

King Of The Blues
April 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Day 03: A song that makes you happy.

Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways.

Why does it make me happy?

It's such a beautiful song. The song tells a lovely story which I like in a song and has a stunning and powerful guitar work. Gary's singing and guitar playing is, as usual, at it's best and the emotion Gary is playing with makes me smile as he is really enjoying what he's doing. It's just a wonderful song all round.

dGoYmRoBF4Q

Esper
April 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Day 03: A Song That Makes You Happy

Catch You Catch Me (I can't find who sings it at the moment)

The first opening song to Cardcaptor Sakura. If you know the series you know how adorable and positive it is. This just reminds me of all of that (and makes me want to rewatch the whole thing).

Shake
April 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
"We Come Out At Night" by Avenged Sevenfold. It just makes me happy.

Mr Cat Dog
April 15th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 04: A song that makes you sad

"Chemo Limo" by Regina Spektor: A great song, but it's about cancer and how treatment is ridiculously expensive. Kinda sad, when you really think about it, but bitter sweet at the same time. There's also the trademark Spektor piano which, instead of livening proceedings, only helps to dampen the mood even further.

v/a_NF0QcIn9I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

fenyx4
April 15th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

My Jeans by Jenna Rose

Why is it my least favorite song?
You thought Rebecca Black was worse? Maybe. But in my opinion, this girl is 100 times worse. At least Ms. Black tried with her lyrics, unlike this girl. The beat stays the same, the lyrics barely change, it is the same bubblegum garbage that has been happening recently, and I'm sick of it.

By the way, this came out before Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64

Oh, and the song/video has 6,794 likes and 87,241 dislikes.
That is a 12.8 to 1 Ratio.

Bubblegum garbage, indeed. However, tune-wise, I found that to be somewhat more tolerable than "Friday"... But the lyrics are just as horrible, if not more horrible than "Friday". As Miley Cyrus said, "It should be harder to be an artist" - however, I mean that in the sense that generic-sounding artists and songs shouldn't be overrunning the interwebs. -.-

Hilariously, "Friday" is the main Suggested Video that appears right after "My Jeans". I guess the videos are like sisters or something.

I'd like those 4 minutes and 1 second back, plz.

Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song (April, 14, 2011)
Just Dance - Lady Gaga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw)

I love Lady Gaga, but this is just… I genuinely hate this song. Sad considering this is the song that introduced her to the entire world, but I just don't like it. I have no real explanation for it other than the fact that the song irks me.

Hmm...that's one of her more tolerable songs, IMO, and I actually liked it. Thankfully, it's not played on the radio too much these days to become too annoying.

Day 03 - A Song That Makes You Happy

"Library Card" by Arthur & Friends - I came across this song once again some days ago, and it just exudes joy whenever I hear it. It's a cherished memory, and I love listening to/remembering it from time to time. Arthur was and still is an amazing TV/book series for all ages, and I'm glad the songwriters were able to create this awesome track. :)

v/RiyhlA553r0

moments.
April 15th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad:

A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
EDEEzS7OV2k

If I hadn't stumbled upon this song by accident whilst having all my songs on shuffle, I'm sure I would've missed it completely and chosen something different. While I had a tough time choosing between this and The Stampede from the Lion King, I chose this because it really is the only song that actually makes me stop and feel heartache or sadness through the lyrics. Normally I can remain quite detached from the lyrics of songs while it is normally the instrumentals which hit home for me, however this one is a pure emotional journey through the lyrics alone. Also, The Stampede as a song doesn't make me sad, it just reminds me of the visuals of Mufasa dying, so I felt this was more fitting and conjures up my emotions and thoughts more.

fenyx4
April 15th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad

AAAAGHH...now that I look back, there's way too many!

"The Time Has Come/Pikachu's Goodbye" by Marti Lebow
"Misty's Goodbye" by [unknown artist] from Pokemon anime EP273
"Graduation" by Vitamin C - Here come the waterworks... Most Pokemon fans have heard the first two, I would assume. Every time Ash has a longtime friend nearly torn from him, it just gets depressing. :( And "Graduation" conveys the sense of leaving friends who are most dear to you, and you just know it's going to be a long farewell. GAH...I can't decide between these three, and I have two more that I'm saving for Day 22, so here they are :cer_cry::

v/xghYihKX9Es
v/X37o_hirk7I
v/0HDM3eYp4KQ

Rainy Day
April 15th, 2011, 08:20 PM
1st Day - Favorite
Rainest Day of Summer
Elizabeth and the Catapult
Where to start... It's so fun and the music is nice and smooth and it describes my favorite types of days.
(No good video...) Grooveshark (http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Rainiest+Day+Of+Summer/2ImMbb?src=5)

Day 2 - Least Favorite
Look At Me Now
Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes
GRRUUUHUHUHUHUH I remember the first time I heard this song I literally started crying. So we have a beat that consists of some crappy percussion superimposed on top of what I can only surmise are the screams of mentally retarded dolphins, Chris Brown being a talentless moron like he always is, and Lil Wayne delivering one of his worst verses ever. The only thing even remotaly okay is Busta Rhymes, and the only reason that's the case is because I can't understand what he's saying.
v/JDOCpKyKnYM

Day 3 - Happy Song =]
Livin' On a Prayer
Bon Jovi
It's so over-the-top and fun! It's like Guren Lagann if you compressed it into a song and got Bon Jovi to do vocals.
v/bXsmGSnq3lE

Arma
April 16th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Day 1 & 2:
This song has some real inspirational lyrics, ans I can listen to this all day long.
cqFqUFOlfI8

gEgXDhiayz4

Day 3: A song that makes you happy.
Noche de Carnaval by Baby Ranks.
The beat, the vocals, it just has a happy feel to it. It really makes you want to dance too.
0GM-NnvlzcA

Day 4: A song that makes you sad.
Adjossi by Max Nijman
Adjossi means farewell, this song gets played a lot at funerals. I don't mind it though, it is such a beautiful song. It reminds me of my grandfather.
G4CMPyuXAo0

mondays suck
April 16th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Goofed up there Thursday night, somehow - probably just due to being tired - I misinterpreted "GMT+1"... Oh well...

Day 04: A song that makes you sad

The German National Anthem by Josef Haydn and Hoffmann von Fallersleben

cIjQ-Y2pgB4

I'm like Jong Tae-Se, national anthems mean tears in my eyes. I'm not sure why. This one is especially bad, not due to me being a patriot - I am not, unless it's world cup time maybe - it just sounds so SAD, at least to me.

Shake
April 16th, 2011, 06:48 AM
"International Harvester" by Craig Morgan. When I listen to it I think about how boring this man's life must be.

Esper
April 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World

This song was played at graduation and that wasn't a happy time for me. The man had such a beautiful voice and the fact that he died young makes this song really bittersweet. This song breaks down those emotional walls I keep around me. It makes me teary when I hear it.

V1bFr2SWP1I

:'(

King Of The Blues
April 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad.

Gary Moore - Nothing's the Same.

Why does this song make me sad?

Yet again it's another Gary Moore song. This is a really beautiful song. Telling a sad story. Gary Moore's singing is very soft yet powerful and has a nice guitar solo and towards the end of the song. What I really like more about this song now is that I can really relate to some of the lyrics now to Gary. Nothing's the same without you Gary.

pth0uaTnLwc

mondays suck
April 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM
A few minutes early, but I'm tired and want to sleep and am not sure if I'll have the time tomorrow, so...

Day 04: A song that reminds you of someone

The Saw is the Law by Sodom

i3vE3D9QdRM

Reminds me of that guy who occassionally wears a Sodom T-Shirt with the title of the above song on it. Couldn't think of anything personal here, so why not pick that?

Mr Cat Dog
April 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Day 05: A song that reminds you of someone

'I'm Shipping Up to Boston' by Dropkick Murphys: I hate this song, mainly because it's been overplayed to death by the person it reminds me of: my brother. When The Departed came out, he wouldn't stop playing this song as loud as possible at all hours of the day... so much so that whenever I hear the song in a non-familial context, I can't help but think of him. Damn you, Peter!

v/x-64CaD8GXw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Rainy Day
April 16th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I have no clue where we are at this point. I think day 4.

Day 4 - Sad Song
Mad World
Gary Jules
It's so depressing and the piano sounds so sad. The lyrics are also very sad... I see not a speck of hope in this song.
v/hW93CV6m-JU

Arma
April 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Day 01 till 04:
cqFqUFOlfI8

gEgXDhiayz4

The beat, the vocals, it just has a happy feel to it. It really makes you want to dance too.
0GM-NnvlzcA

Adjossi by Max Nijman
Adjossi means farewell, this song gets played a lot at funerals. I don't mind it though, it is such a beautiful song. It reminds me of my grandfather.
G4CMPyuXAo0[/QUOTE]

Day 05: A song that reminds you of someone.
La Cerveza by Elvis Crespo
This song reminds me of my dad, he loves this kind of music, and he loves beer too.
Q_2rzu1f-eo

NamelessGuy
April 16th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Thought I'd start this. My life primarily revolves around music, so naturally I listen to a large amount. My tastes are primarily in the classic rock category, from the late 50's on into the 80's, with late 60's acid (psychedelic) rock being my favorite genre over all. However, this particular song is the closest I can come to a favorite, as I have many. Ever since I was born, Bruce Springsteen and the Beatles were the two bands that I listened to the most, spinning them nonstop in my dad's CD player. Springsteen's music inspired me to pick up the guitar a few years ago as well. So, I selected one of his best works (in my opinion), Thunder Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMB3M43AEpc

Shake
April 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Day 05: A Song That Reminds You Of Someone
"Lonely Day" by System of a Down reminds me of my old friend Matt because he is a boring zombie of a person that hangs out in his basement all day. Mkay.

fenyx4
April 16th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Day 05 - A Song That Reminds You Of Someone

"Dewford Town" by Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aold, and/or Junichi Masuda - I'm not one to talk much to others, being a bit introverted...so when a certain springtime high school event came around, I used this wonderful composition as background music for the proposal to a girl I liked (not to mention incorporating my actual Game Boy Advance SP and Pokemon Emerald Version in the proposal ;)). Regardless of the outcome that transpired (I kind of expected it anyway, due to a certain factor), it brings back many cherished and wonderful memories, and the sense of tranquility that it evokes is just amazing...

v/02K40TA3yMQ

This orchestrated version is the actual song I used, though: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/253041

04/16/2011

NamelessGuy
April 17th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Let's put it this way: I dislike most modern music. Especially rap. As with the previous day, I can't pick a song that I hate the most. Although, this one's... "special".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWgmWwNoQQ

I hear the clean version at my school all the time... Seriously, the kids at my school have absolutely no taste in music...

King Of The Blues
April 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone.

Phil Lynott - Old Town.

o9n7EstQI5o

Tamaneko
April 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Ai Ai Gasa - Tegomass

As describe in the music, we shared an umbrella under the rainy sky, but he left when the sun came out & when he arrived at his home T^T

Mr Cat Dog
April 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 06: A song that reminds you of somewhere

'New York' by Paloma Faith: Kind of obvious where it reminds me of. Don't really care for the song either, but every time it comes on the radio, I can't help but be transported back to what was probably my favourite holiday ever: to the Big Apple itself. Sigh...

v/PZF7CDBj1U0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Akita
April 17th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Just Like A Wavin' Flag - K'naan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMT7o0yV3fo&feature=youtube_gdata_player)
I love this song. It's got a hopeful message, which seems hard to come across nowadays.

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad + Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVO8sUrs-Pw&feature=youtube_gdata_player)
The song reminds me of my grandfather & aunt. My grandfather died seven years ago in April & my aunt died from cancer last September. I can't listen to this song without getting teary, so I don't listen to it often. Beautiful song.

----------
I don't really have a song that reminds me of a place.

Rainy Day
April 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I guess we're on day 6...

Day 6 - Reminds of Somewhere
The Beautiful People
Marylin Manson
Totally reminds me of my school.
v/GGNNqAc1s4Y

Saryka
April 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I'll do them all the way to today, why not?

Day 01 - Your favourite song - Collect Call - Metric
I had to do a lot of thinking for this one. The lyrics of the chorus are definitely among one of my favourites. I can't explain why I love this song so much, but I do.
aFRWk2mldrg

Day 02 - Your least favourite song - Grenade - Bruno Mars / Best I Ever Had - Drake
Hearing both of them on the radio yesterday made me realize how much I can't stand either song. I dislike them equally. Both are irritating and overplayed, and I reeeeeally, really don't like Drake. I just imagine him during his Degrassi days and I can't take him seriously as a "musician", haha. And since I dislike both songs, I really don't want to search them up on YouTube so if you *really* want to listen to them you're gonna have to do it yourself. >:

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy - Guilty Pleasure - Cobra Starship
I always feel like dancing whenever I listen to it, no matter how down I'm feeling at the moment.
HfCYv82xOno

You know, I'm racking my brain right now and I can't think of one. I don't listen to a whole lot of sad songs so this is very difficult.

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone - Fly On The Wall - t.A.T.u.
It reminds me of two of my best friends and all the jokes that surround that one song, because it's basically about stalking an ex-lover hardcore. I guess it makes me happy as well because of that, but it definitely reminds me of my friends as well. :'D
b5Gg0fIBCEY

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere - Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
It reminds me of my old high school because it would play over the announcements nearly every day. I hate it so much now haha (but it's not my least favourite song!).
JmcA9LIIXWw

Cherrim
April 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I fell behiiiind. I'm loving reading everyone's replies though. xD Especially the nostalgia sort of ones because a lot of the songs are ones I recognize and like too.

Let's go with a funny song. I'll say New Math by Bo Burnham. It's a pretty dirty song so careful if you watch the vid but it's just a bunch of math puns in catchy song form and I think they're really witty. The lyrics never fail to make me smile and I always feel that warm, nerdy glow inside when I hear it because I understand all of it. :) My favourite line is the unnatural log one, haha.
v/obIGsb-IZMo

OMG embarrassing time now. A song that pretty much makes me cry every time I hear it is When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne. I think it's because I usually end up listening to it via Youtube so I end up seeing the video and it just tugs at my heartstrings. It's a pretty song, too. :< Honourable mention goes to Iris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw) by the Goo Goo Dolls and the ending theme to Final Fantasy X (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bv1oNp_wJw) by Nobuo Uematsu. @_@
v/0G3_kG5FFfQ

Hmm. This is kind of a tough one. I... I'm gonna go with Les Poissons from the Little Mermaid. I imagine everyone expects me to say it reminds me of a friend I had in childhood but nah, it reminds me of my best friend right now because we used to listen to it while studying Calculus. xD; We'd never really paid attention to the lyrics until I had a bunch of Disney soundtracks playing from my laptop. We heard this one and realized how morbid it was for a kid's movie and, well, we just find it hilarious. So now whenever I listen to it I think of him. :P I think the best part of all this is if he knew this song reminds me of him, he'd probably be flattered.
v/XuuEDDyvzuE

Again, I'm not totally sure for this. I think I'm gonna go with a really lame example again. I'm gonna say the Fly Away [Tales of Remix] by BACK-ON. I listened to it on repeat for... probably like two weeks. I mainly listened to it on my iPod when I'd make the long walk to and from school from my out-of-the-way dorm. So I hear the song and can pretty much visualize perfectly the whole walk to and from. I'm not sure if this is a nice memory or not because that wasn't exactly a great term for me or anything but... it's really the only song I can think of that fits the description. xD It's a really bouncy/energetic song so it was great for walking.
v/KtYPoL-T4R0

01, 02 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6576983&postcount=19)

fenyx4
April 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Day 06 - A Song That Reminds You Of Somewhere

"I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne
"Ever The Same" by Rob Thomas
"Power Rangers In Space, Main Theme" by Ron Wasserman/The Mighty RAW
"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton
I'm sorry - I couldn't decide for this day, either, and now I have a FOUR-way tie, which almost managed to become FIVE-way. T_T

"I'm With You" reminds me of a tranquil yet mysterious forest with a hint of wintry weather, full of intrigue, where a little girl is lost and is searching for someone to guide her to safety. A very nice song, with great mystique evocative of nature.

"Ever The Same" reminds me of a road at sunset, adorned with trees lined up at the side, similar to the Pokemon Ruby Version intro cutscene with Latios. A single car is driving on that road with no other traffic in sight, peacefully reflecting on memories and the events of the day. The calmness that this song evokes is just astounding.

I hope that it's evident what "PRiS, Main Theme" reminds me of - traveling through space! A fleet of a powerful fighting force sent out to voyage through the dark, vast expanse of outer space, on an important space voyage to engage in combat with foreign forces from other worlds that threaten universal, intergalactic peace. Simply EPIC. Awesome guitars, too!

"A Thousand Miles" reminds me of highway traffic in the evening, the night sky brimming with lights emanating from the rushing cars below. A single car may come into focus at times. This visual is interspersed with an individual traveling at nighttime, in search of someone they hold dear from the past. A gentle breeze typically blows... I also love the stirring violins of this track and serene piano melodies.

v/dGR65RWwzg8
v/Q2bjkEPL-9g
v/acV0UwxXOEA
v/Cwkej79U3ek

04/17/2011

Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You Of An Event

"The Battle" by Harry Gregson-Williams - This selection was a bit easier, hailing from the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The relation is easier to see, but it is still a wonderful composition nonetheless with an excellent degree of quality. Narnia springs to life, with clashing swords and shields resounding throughout the land, foreshadowing the eventual fall of the White Witch and the perishing of her seemingly eons-long wintry reign. The outstanding instruments of this song seem to always well up a powerful emotion within me, and it's almost like I'm vividly experiencing the First Battle of Beruna myself. :)

v/1zoAhKNwnfQ

Arma
April 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Day 01 till 05:
cqFqUFOlfI8

gEgXDhiayz4

0GM-NnvlzcA

Adjossi by Max Nijman
G4CMPyuXAo0[/QUOTE]

Day 05: A song that reminds you of someone.
La Cerveza by Elvis Crespo
This song reminds me of my dad, he loves this kind of music, and he loves beer too.
Q_2rzu1f-eo

Day 06: A song that reminds you of somewhere
Dimelo by Daddy Yankee and Fantasma by Zion
I listened nonstop to these songs during my school trip to Paris.
4ud0-7WQ-h07ZkQjdG1vnM

Day 07: A song that reminds you of an event
Alors on Danse by Stromae.
When I graduated from highschool, The teachers were supposed to give a little speech about his/her experience with all the students. My speech was being held by my French teacher, and they played this song during the speech.
VHoT4N43jK8

mondays suck
April 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM

http://www.thegaragegazette.com/Smileys/fantasticsmileys/ScratchHead.gifThis is a really tough one for me as I have, to be honest, no idea. So I'll just cheese my way out, I suppose.

4K1q9Ntcr5g

For some reason I associate this song with France.

Shake
April 18th, 2011, 01:13 PM
"High School Never Ends" by Bowling For Soup reminds me of high school.O.o I couldn't think of anything better.

King Of The Blues
April 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere?

Gary Moore - Spanish Guitar.

Why does this song remind me of somewhere?

Yes, another Gary Moore song but so many of his songs tell different stories and everything. But anyway, on with the question. This song reminds me of Spain. The song tells a story and feature a great description of a Spanish holiday.

_cY5DTUtgBQ

Mr Cat Dog
April 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event

'Low' by Flo Rida ft. T-Pain: This was the last song played at my prom Leaver's Ball in Year 13, simply because one of my friends requested it be played next, not realizing that it was going to be the final song ever! The organisers were kinda fuming at the DJ for his mix-up, as the original song was going to be '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' from Dirty Dancing. Now, whenever I hear this song instead, I'll always remember that night... nothing else happened really, but I'll remember it nevertheless!

v/UDAaevTq51I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

NamelessGuy
April 18th, 2011, 04:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/s-qvIvBhSX8

This song always leaves me feeling refreshed and motivated. Basically, it's about using the power of music and the universe to heal your wounds, however deep they may be.

Tamaneko
April 18th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Here I Am - ZE:A

It reminds me of the summer days at a beach when I went to Hong Kong - it has that same bright colors to it ^^

WriteThemWrong
April 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon or Come Fly With Me. They both remind me of the moon but the latter reminds me more of the sky.

Past days.

Jimi Hendrix - If 6 Was 9. A good song about not caring about other people's troubles.

Limp Bizkit - Rolling. It's obvious they made this song to play in the background while they doing dumb things.

Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness.

Cage the Elephant - Shake Me Down. And having seen the music video doesn't help.

Bruno Mars - Our First Time. Pretty Obvious.

Cherrim
April 19th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm... gonna go with a song from a commercial. It's actually one of my favourites despite literally just being written for a commercial and I'd love to have more music like it. My choice here is "He Shoots, He Scores!" as I think the track was called when I downloaded it from the Coke website. The commercial (in the spoiler below) was aired leading up to and during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. That... was kind of an amazing time for me. I adore my country and I'd never seen Canada so united over something, pathetically enough. :P The song is epic and the commercial is realy well done too. After we won both gold medals, the commercial would air immediately in the first commercial break and the text at the end changed to "Now they know whose game they're playing", which I thought was fun. But yeah, thinking back to that, watching the Games with family, friends, and just being so excited with anticipation for it all... well, I'm nostalgia'ing pretty hard just thinking of it.
v/TevktQeSYQ4

01, 02 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6576983&postcount=19), 03, 04, 05, 06 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6585874&postcount=59)

NamelessGuy
April 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0

Anyone who's lost someone close to them can sympathize with this song.

Saryka
April 19th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event - Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
I know how much of a messed up song this is for this day. XD; But it reminds me of grade eight, when my class went to Quebec City for our "elementary school graduation" trip. On the Greyhound to and from Quebec (as well as the bus rides to the different places in Quebec we went to) this song would play very, very often on the radio. So we all sang along and by the end of the trip, I knew the words to the entire song. XD;

DUT5rEU6pqM

mondays suck
April 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM

FjspxBtxFXg

Reminds me of when I Gremlin rushed a friend in HOMM3 the only time we actually didn't play this game in Cooperation. Been a couple of years since then, but I still remember his rage quit after I took his capital and all he had left was a junk hero with a single centaur being quite satisfying :)

BlooMilk C.
April 19th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Skylines and Turnstiles - My Chemical Romance
v/mFmEt1NA9E0

This song reminds my of 9/11 because this is the specific purpose it was written for. It reminds me of a smoking building and the panic that happened on the day of the events, and the bridge that my father said that he saw the disaster from.

King Of The Blues
April 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.

Ozzy Osbourne - Over The Mountain.

Why does it remind me of a certain event?

This was a song that was played in the build up of a WWE event that I attended in Dublin and whenever I hear this song it always remind me of that WWE event.

G0sD0j4jJ84

Mr Cat Dog
April 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Just a quick plug: the lovely newbie mod of Video Games - Captain Fabio - has shamelessly stolen lovingly adapted this idea for the Video Gaming forum, so if you haven't seen it yet and want to do even MORE of this (exciting, huh?), then the link is here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249898).

Day 08: A song you know all of the words to

'Friday' by Rebecca Stunfisk: ... ... ... I'm not proud of this one, OK? Most songs I just tend to remember the main melodies, a few lyrics of the choruses and that's it. Yet the sheer media blitz and the amount of times I listened to it and spent dissecting the lyrics themselves for their sheer awfulness meant that they all became absorbed into my psyche and I don't know when they're going to leave! And when I mean all the words, I mean all of them: including the rap. I'm just going to hide out for the next few hours while everyone tries to kill me!

v/CD2LRROpph0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

mondays suck
April 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Judas Priest - Judas Rising

TEZ3bStjUN0
Well, I do not quite know the last few lines after the solo as I never entirely understand them and cannot be bothered to look them up, like it matters.

Shake
April 19th, 2011, 06:23 PM
"Sex Ed Rocks" by I Set My Friends On Fire and Smosh reminds me of my first day of middle school.

Drekin
April 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Help! - The Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNvskc6Vp0

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNvskc6Vp0)

NamelessGuy
April 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXXZVdUJ98

Well, it's after midnight, so technically, it's a new day. This song reminds me of a guy at my middle school who once mimed this on air guitar. Great song, too.

fenyx4
April 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM

"Pirate Restaurant", "Dream Girl", "New Car", and "Renaissance Fair" by the FreeCreditReport.com band - From the instance of seeing the first pirate-themed commercial/jingle by the FreeCreditReport.com band, I was hooked to their commercials. I've managed to memorize to the lyrics to the aforementioned jingles, and I hope to remember the rest at some point as well. Catchy lyrics, memorable tune, and a very comedic band and concept make for a wonderful series of songs that are etched into my memories. A shame that they had to be replaced due to Experian's forced brand name change, but I wish both the FreeCreditReport.com band and the FreeCreditScore.com band the best of luck in their endeavors!

v/YzkBhfbwRkg[/QUOTE]

Just a quick plug: the lovely newbie mod of Video Games - Captain Fabio - has shamelessly stolen lovingly adapted this idea for the Video Gaming forum, so if you haven't seen it yet and want to do even MORE of this (exciting, huh?), then the link is here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249898).

'Friday' by Rebecca Stunfisk: ... ... ... I'm not proud of this one, OK? Most songs I just tend to remember the main melodies, a few lyrics of the choruses and that's it. Yet the sheer media blitz and the amount of times I listened to it and spent dissecting the lyrics themselves for their sheer awfulness meant that they all became absorbed into my psyche and I don't know when they're going to leave! And when I mean all the words, I mean all of them: including the rap. I'm just going to hide out for the next few hours while everyone tries to kill me!

v/CD2LRROpph0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

My poor, poor fellow user... :cer_no: STOP INFILTRATING MY POSTS REBECCA "STUNFISK" BLACK T_T

GAH, now even more of my time is going to go down the drain in video gaming. -.- Thanks a lot, Mr. Cat Dog. XD

Saryka
April 19th, 2011, 08:43 PM
All The Things She Said - t.A.T.u.

Yes, I picked another t.A.T.u. song, sue me. :D I don't remember if this was the first song of theirs I listened to, but in any case, I know the words to this song inside and out. I have another friend who I kind of t.A.T.u. fangirl with and we'll rock out to their songs a lot, haha. I actually know most of their first album, 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane off by heart (except for the random Russian parts in a couple of the songs), but I picked this one because it's their most well-known.

2jC5WAJzp34

BlooMilk C.
April 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM

Planetary (GO!) - My Chemical Romance

v/UvfNmXbVHi4

Yet another My Chemical Romance song. Well, it's my favorite band and one of my favorite songs from them, so you'll have to deal with it, I guess. Anyway, I really love this song. I like how it makes me feel energetic even when I'm down, and I've eventually listened to the song so many times that I ended up learning all the lyrics, and I really love them.

King Of The Blues
April 20th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Day 08: A song you know all of the words to.

Gary Moore - Johnny Boy

UIwcvffvrnY

~Ryukaa
April 20th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to.
Mamoritai ~White Wishes~ - BoA [english ver.]
v/-Hm8PUshRbE

Yep. A love song. ...I first found this song while searching through the "Tales" openings, and it kinda stuck in my head. Makes me feel kinda strange, learning a song like this out of all the songs I could've memorized. <_>;
Hey, it's catchy! What can I say? xD;

WriteThemWrong
April 20th, 2011, 10:08 AM

AC/DC - Hell's Bells

Day 08: A song you know all of the words to.

The Used - All That I've Got. It just such a good song I really connect with.

Esper
April 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Oops, fell behind.

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Kiss Them For Me

A friend I had in high school introduced me to this band and for a while we were both really hooked on this music and played it all the time. My music tastes have shifted, but since I still have like 8 or 9 of their CDs sometimes I take one out and listen to it.

MgF7gKEtTuY

サカナクション - 白波トップウォーター

A song from local band from the part of Japan I was living in (Hokkaido). I learned about them and got to see them live while I was there so when I hear their music I think about being back there. This song in particular reminds me of riding the trains in winter and how beautiful the snowy landscape is at that time of year.

Video here (http://vimeo.com/15773848), or just the song:
BVh_Bnj_8H4

David Sylvian - Darkest Dreaming

This is a song I could have used in a few places. I didn't even know it existed at the time, but when I listen to it I can't help but be reminded. It reminds me of a time that I and a person I had an ambiguous relationship with stayed up all night wandering around town and talking about all sorts of things. It was a very memorable and meaningful night for me, but I wasn't able to articulate that back then and in the end I ended up feeling lonelier even after sharing this time with someone. The line "I don't ever want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming" could really describe me and my hopes and fears at the time.

OQlm0Q8HKUE

Yakko - The Nations of the World

I know the words to plenty of songs, but I'm very proud of this. I actually spent hours going over this when I was little so I could impress my teacher. When you get down to it's not that hard to memorize, but trying to sing it when it speeds up at the end is difficult. :/

IDtdQ8bTvRc

Mr Cat Dog
April 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 09: A song that you can dance to

"Dancing Queen" by ABBA: I'm becoming really unoriginal with these song choices, I know. With this one, I don't dance for the most part. It's only the cheesiest music, such as the aforementioned, that'll get me off my feet and get them moving to the beat! Most of the time, I hear this in a cheesy nightclub where most of my friends are massively drunk anyway, so it's really the best time to dance to it!

v/xFrGuyw1V8s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

King Of The Blues
April 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Day 09: A song that you can dance to.

Thin Lizzy - Waiting For An Alibi.

gLjMmZ8D0E4

Patchisou Yutohru
April 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
Day 3 - A song that makes you happy (April, 16, 2011)
New Soul - Yael Naïm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEfYGzojcA)

I don't know why, but this song makes me happy. How can you describe happiness?

Day 4 - A song that makes you sad (April, 17, 2011)
When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3_kG5FFfQ)

This song played over the radio at Burger King on Mother's Day a month after my mom passed away. I remember hearing it, tearing up, and leaving because I couldn't take hearing the lyrics.

Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone (April, 18, 2011)
(see above)

Day 6 - A song that reminds you of somewhere (April, 19, 2011)
Telephone - Lady Gaga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U)

Telephone reminds me of Disney World. The only reason this song reminds me of Disney World was because my friends and I were obsessed with the release of its music video while I was there for my class trip last year. It's a shame I don't really have a better song for something like this, and with a better reason, but this is the first thing that came to my head. :[

Day 7 - A song that reminds you of a certain event (April, 20, 2011)
This is How We Live - The Summer Set (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUD53RxhWc)

This song just reminds me of high school all together. Does that count as a certain event?

Day 8 - A song that you know all the words to (April, 21, 2011)
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_LxyhCJpsM)

I love these lyrics. This is one of those songs that I have to sing when it comes on the radio, because I can't contain the lyrics. I love the explicitness of it it, the fierceness of the melody, the stab of the words themselves. It's a great song for the underdogs.

NamelessGuy
April 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Forgot to do one yesterday, so here's two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgE-Oedaiyk

For some reason, this song reminds me of a common vacation spot for my family, Myrtle Beach. I honestly can't explain why. It's full of highways and bars, so there's one reason right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrWNTqbLFFE

Oh, I would've given anything to have been alive during this time period. History was made at this event.

Shake
April 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Mmm I'm all the words to alot of songs. I think I will choose Avenged Sevenfold-A Little Piece Of Heaven a my song though.

Yolanda Be Cool-We No Spean Americano. I just love that song.

institutions
April 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM
I'll start with day 5 :D

Beyblade Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XJ9MRRSaA)
I had a really cool friend back from 5th-7th grade. We would hang out pretty much everyday and play Beyblades. I'm pretty sure we had all of them. Then he moved. Sad day.

Bob Dylan - Forever Young (Can't find a youtube video of the actual song)
It reminds me of my great grandmas house in Pennsylvania. One of the few memories I took away from that state was watching a Lassie movie that had this song in it.

Buckethead - Forgotten Trail (Extended) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQ1wqLqFV4)
This song reminds me of when I got a bunch of hushpuppies at Long John Silvers. I'm not sure why...

The Mountain Goats - The Mess Inside (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPhzineMq0)
Who wouldn't know all the lyrics to a song that starts out like this:
"Well
Guy in a skeleton costume
Comes up to the guy in the Superman suit
Runs through him with a broadsword"

Dokken - Kiss of Death (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9oPBWsX-AY)
I don't dance. Ever. So i'm counting headbanging as dancing :D

Mr Cat Dog
April 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM

"Exit Music (From a Film) by Radiohead: Strangely hypnotic in its own Radiohead-ish way, if I'm in the right frame of mind, I could easily imagine myself nodding off to this song. The way it peters out towards the end means I could listen and enjoy most of it, then slowly drift away afterwards into a gentle slumber.

v/iMqXj-eVCjI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Livewire
April 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
I'll do em all~

v/7rW4hZNSVr4 (http://youtu.be/7rW4hZNSVr4)

Chevelle - 'Shameful Metaphors'

Sigh. This song is their masterpiece. I get chills when I hear it, it's that good. It just speaks to me. It's beautiful. Lots of emotion and power in the lyrics too, and Pete's voice just tops it all off.

Rebecca Black - Friday

Yeah. It's horrendous. 'nuff said.

v/4MjLKjPc7q8 (http://youtu.be/4MjLKjPc7q8)

Rise Against - Audience of One

Very different from the norm of Rise Against. Very upbeat and catchy, and uplifting. Makes you feel like you can do anything. Very powerful lyrics again, vintage Rise Against.

v/bokw7hz9rq4 (http://youtu.be/7rW4hZNSVr4)

10 Years - So long, Good-bye

Its pretty sad and dreary, as a good-bye love song should be. The lyrics are very soft meshes well with the acoustics, for more effect. Also, insanely good live.

v/C6iQpkkWZm0 (http://youtu.be/C6iQpkkWZm0)

10 Years - Beautiful

For an old friend. I have quite the detailed history with her. The song sounds like it was written for her exactly, it's creepy.

Incubus - Wish You Were Here

It has a tropical, beach like feel to the song, and that's exactly what it reminds me of. A nice vacation over the ocean.

v/koVHN6eO4Xg (http://youtu.be/koVHN6eO4Xg)

T.I. Featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life

Basically the theme of our Senior prom in 2009. What an amazing night.Much fun was had.

v/DWaB4PXCwFU (http://youtu.be/DWaB4PXCwFU)

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

I have this song mesmerized, I've literally played it a thousand times. One of my all time favorites up there with Chevelle's Shameful Metaphors.

The Black Eyed peas - I Gotta Feeling

It's everywhere/mega popular, but it's a great song to play at a dance or a party. It gets everybody up and moving.

v/GRz4FY0ZcwI

Five For Fighting - Superman (It's Not Easy)

Another all time favorite. This song soothes me, my guess is the heavy piano coupled with John Ondrasniks's voice. I can throw it on at night and drift off. also a tear-jerker.

Saryka
April 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM
Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna

I'm generally not a huge Rihanna fan but this is me whenever I hear that song:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcgn7mS4QR1qzr2th.gif

hHjUcpXvlyA

Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ - Final Fantasy X-2

It's one of my favourite piano pieces from Final Fantasy. I found a version on YouTube that includes a violin and a cello along with the piano and it gives me chills every time I hear it. It's an incredibly soothing song to me and I have drifted to sleep listening to it because of its calming effect on me.

btw, the version I talked about earlier with the violin and cello is called "Morning Glow" for some reason. XD;

eBEKYsYu9Sk

fenyx4
April 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Day 09 - A Song That You Can Dance To

"Macarena" by Los del Rio
"Thriller" by Michael Jackson
"All Night Long" by Lionel Richie
"Pokemon Dance Mix" by Vicki Sue Robinson - I'm sure that many songs could fit here, but I suppose these will suffice for now. Once these songs are played, it's like you can't help but to put your body in some form of rhythmical locomotion! I typically don't actually "dance" though... >.< "Macarena" is like classic, being heard since childhood - and the steps to it are pretty easy to grasp, I would think. The lyrics, however, are a different story. A hilarious example from YouTube http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/smilies/cerulean/2.%20laugh.gif:

wjfsklfjsmljdmgkfngdfsghfdjkgh­zena, EEEEEH MACARENA! :D

-ZarF04 (http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarF04)"Thriller" is another favorite; my favorite part is when the zombies shuffle their feet across the floor and clap. :D It's like you want to dance and kick zombie butt simultaneously!

"All Night Long" just seems to exude sounds that are fitting for a festive occasion. First time I heard this was on a Mountain Dew commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_FNg38F_g) that aired when I was staying up in the nighttime a few years ago to finish a science project for school. Only after then did I manage to start hearing it on the radio. >_>

And of course, "Pokemon Dance Mix". I haven't actually 'danced' to the song, but it does seem to instill energy in one who listens to it...as if you want to set out on an exhilarating journey as soon as possible! A very wonderful piece that is brimming with excellence. Hearing this in Pokemon movie trailers managed to make this song even more epic, as in a revolutionary event was coming. :]

v/sN62PAKoBfE
v/sOnqjkJTMaA
v/QiLziusKW4s
v/5i8tCNDTr3I

v/4MjLKjPc7q8 (http://youtu.be/4MjLKjPc7q8)

Rise Against - Audience of One

Very different from the norm of Rise Against. Very upbeat and catchy, and uplifting. Makes you feel like you can do anything. Very powerful lyrics again, vintage Rise Against.

v/DWaB4PXCwFU (http://youtu.be/DWaB4PXCwFU)

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

I have this song mesmerized, I've literally played it a thousand times. One of my all time favorites up there with Chevelle's Shameful Metaphors.

Strange..."Audience of One" makes me feel a bit melancholic when I hear it...especially the "synchronizing watches with the seconds that we lost" lyric. As for "The Diary of Jane", I recognize bits and pieces of the lyrics, but like many other alternative rock songs, I'm more familiar with the tune rather than the lyrics. XD

NamelessGuy
April 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Day 08 - A song you know all the words to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcL---4xQYA

'Nuff said.

institutions
April 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Buckethead - Ghost, Pt. 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmp468QYgEM)
I love music too much to fall asleep during it. I am always listening for details and such. This song is easy to fall asleep to, though, because it's slow, atmospheric, and there isn't too much going on.

fenyx4
April 22nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Day 10 - A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep

"Evacuating London" and "The Wardrobe" by Harry Gregson-Williams - Yet another beautiful set of entries from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (movie). Sometimes, I wish I could just go to sleep on a train that's rushing on train tracks through the wilderness, peacefully wading in a sea of tranquility as I listen to these amazing compositions. Even better, I'd go to sleep on a train that's making its way through a wintry forest toward the wonderment of the land that is Narnia.

v/sjDG_rhB1MI
v/QT3Nm2tytLg

Also, blending machines that hum nicely and dryers that purr nicely can induce sleepiness within me. So can certain music played at twilight in car dealerships where the room is a serene blue. XD

OH COME ON FREAKING POKECOMMUNITY CENSORS. You censor Narnia but let effin' Justin B. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4) get through? I smell favoritism. >_>

WriteThemWrong
April 22nd, 2011, 09:16 AM

Avriel Epps - Be Cool.Her voice is so soothing and the lyrics are something good to go to dreams with.

Roxanne Rosie
April 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Sure, I'll go ahead and do this

The Ocean on His Shoulders by Gary Schyman on the Bioshock OST

wp6QpMWaKpE

It's just so soothing and relaxing, it just makes me slip away.

King Of The Blues
April 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep.

Carlos Santana - Love Is You.

Why does it make me fall asleep?

If I was tired and listening to this song then it would put me to sleep as it's a very calming, relaxing, guitar instrumental. It's soft and peaceful which can help you sleep easier.

8WwgPJIAQn4

Akita
April 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Telephone - Lady Gaga (feat. Beyoncé)
Hearing the song always makes me think of being trapped in a car with four of my classmates for three hours. It wasn't supposed to be that long of a drive, and they must've played Telephone at least five times on the radio. It's a good song, but after that, you wouldn't want to ever hear that song again either.

Day 08 - A song you know all the words to
I'm Not Afraid - Eminem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9rfhMP36lc)
I can usually memorize the lyrics to a song if I hear it two or three times. This song is a fine example.

Day 09 - A song you can dance to
Take Me To Infinity - Breathe Carolina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csz_wq9bQsk)
I can dance to anything.

Day 10 - A song that makes you falls asleep

Esper
April 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Daft Punk - One More Time

First of all, I can't dance to save my life. Small children have been known to suffer epileptic seizures upon seeing me dance. Still, I dance when no one can see me. Maybe this is too obvious, but Daft Punk is something I like to put on when I'm cleaning to make cleaning less of a chore. Usually it takes me longer to get anything done because I get caught up in the music, but that's the point. :D

FGBhQbmPwH8

Yann Tiersen - Comptine d'un autre été

Some pretty piano music that I first heard on the soundtrack to Amélie. I find it very relaxing in a fall-asleep-in-the-middle-of-the-afternoon kind of way.

4Z2ljWwIaHs

Mr Cat Dog
April 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM

"In Media Res" by Los Campesinos!: Question's kinda loaded, as it could mean favourite band as of now, or favourite band of all time. I've already put an oldie in, for number one, so I'm going with modern fave for the time being. They're really great live, use all sorts of weird and wonderful instruments and, despite being quite shouty, their lyrics are witty and very coherent. Check them out! I'd recommend them.

v/oAAhf-4o9UE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Now back to egg hunting, which people should be doing... with a little help from this thread ;)

Arma
April 22nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Memories by David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi
I usually don't pay much attention to the lyrics, and I don't try to renember them all. But this song has some pretty simple lyrics, and I've listened to this way to often
lYg95CkwqSw

Rabiosa by Shakira ft. El Cata.
I can dance to most songs, but this song really makes me want to grab a girl and dance with her.
1usphRP2OyA

Africa United - Madadub
A nice and relaxing reggae beat, the melody is so relaxing.
tGPPJ86Bqks

Hermes by Santana.
Note that favorite band =/= favorite artist.
My favorite song from Santana, it just makes you want to dance.
FtBp5gOv8T8

NamelessGuy
April 22nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Day 09 - A song you can dance to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NFjWgJyaU

Never fails to make me groove.

King Of The Blues
April 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Day 11 - A song from your favourite band.

Queen - Friends Will Be Friends.

A little more info.

Queen were one of the first bands I got interested in and I like a lot of their songs and I think they are a very good band with a good singer, guitarist, drummer and bassist. I have lots of other favourite bands and artists as well, but I said I'd post something different and move away from the Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy songs for a change.

0AIlz08fZos

Shake
April 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
AFI-Jack the Ripper. Its just a boring song.

Avenged Sevenfold-We Come Out At Night. This song is one of their best songs and it is one of the songs that made them famous.

WriteThemWrong
April 23rd, 2011, 07:26 AM

Blink 182 - Down.

institutions
April 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Pink Floyd - Us and Them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG47CpsU6c)
Not really a way to describe. I love the saxophone solos, the quiet throughout with the epic loud sections and heavy keyboards. I love this whole song.

Kyoko
April 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Eat The Rich (http://youtu.be/o-0lAhnoDlU) by Aerosmith
I love the guitar in this song <3 plus it's a lot of fun to listen to. It's not a serious song at all and it's fun to blast in the car on summer days.

BlooMilk C.
April 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
The Ghost of You - My Chemical Romance
v/uCUpvTMis-Y

This song holds a place deep in my heart. I think of the friends that I've lost over time when I listen to it, and I feel better. It's spectacular to me.

Mr Cat Dog
April 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hey guys. Great to see such good participation - welcome to all the newcomers! - but I've been noticing a few of you are just inserting videos along with the names of songs. Could we try and have a little bit of why these songs mean the way they do, even if it's just a sentence? Anyhoo, on with the show:

"Elvis Ain't Dead" by Scouting for Girls: The one band that almost makes me hate pianos. Their horrible, terrible melodies combined with their excruciatingly awful vocals mixed together with lyrics that DON'T. MAKE. SENSE. all just come together in a vat of dread, banality and way too many glissandos. This pile of puke tries to draw you in with its unusual title but, like the sirens of ancient times, it just sends you to your death upon hearing its call. Ugh... I feel dirty just writing about it.

v/3jpLo1A4x_g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Saryka
April 23rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
My Number - Tegan and Sara

This song is easily one of my favourite songs of all time (likely more than my answer to Day 01 as of right now haha). It's an older T&S song but it's probably one of their most beautiful in my opinion. I love the guitar and piano together in this song (my friend and I once tried to cover it with me on piano and her on guitar. It wasn't bad!) and Tegan's voice sounds lovely. Sara's two lines in this song sound pretty nice as well. It's unique in that it's one of the few songs where Tegan and Sara sing different lines in the same song (generally how it works is that whoever writes the lyrics to a song will the sing the lead vocals while the other may do backing vocals. Sara does more backing vocals to Tegan's songs than the other way around, though). I just really love this song. <3

WQwd4ej4ljI

NamelessGuy
April 23rd, 2011, 08:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKbf5xxfaVE

There's nothing quite falling asleep to a guitar virtuoso.

Shake
April 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Godsmack-Baby.I hate Godsmack soo much. Their lyrics seem to be writen by a angry 4 year-old and their singer's voice just sucks.

King Of The Blues
April 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate.

uSD4vsh1zDA

A little more info...

I don't hate the band, hate is a strong word, but I really dislike the black eyed peas. As for their music though, I hate it, and this song is no different. I hate their genre of music and their song along other songs from that genre lack heart in my opinion.

Mr Cat Dog
April 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM

'You Can't Stop the Beat' from the Hairspray OST: I like a fair amount of musical songs, but this one is definitely one of the more ostentatious of them all, hence its classification as more of a guilty pleasure, rather than simply a pleasure in its own right. It's all bombastic and full of pomp and circumstance, but every time I listen to it, I just get enveloped in a wave of happiness and euphoria.

v/xx9guWBRgB0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

WriteThemWrong
April 25th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate.

Rihanna - Umbrella. Lame song in general, repetitive lyrics, annoying vocals, and overplayed.

Lindsay Lohan - Over. Yes, it's a song by Lindsay Lohan from the one album she released.

mondays suck
April 25th, 2011, 03:02 AM
...but I can't dance. At all. http://www.footballforums.net/forums/images/smilies/sad-smiley.gif
Just going to take the headbang route, I guess...

Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
GyxLGSMtqtM
It's just made for it.

Another tough one, I can fall asleep to silence, not to noise.Closest thing would probably be Burzum- Rundgang [...]
VJAKfKTOeDw
Boring.

Guess what...

Judas Priest - Night Crawler
Z2wzpfPFBlw

Usually it's the music I hate and not who made it, but let's see...

Burzum - Dunkelheit
luFCBdS5PAs
Unlike Rundgang [...], I really like this song, but Varg is still a despicable bastard.

Эдуард Хиль - Я очень рад, ведь я, наконец, возвращаюсь домой(probably better known as Eduard Khil - trololo)
xUlw4NT08Ds&feature=related

Doesn't fit into my usual taste of music at all. Often called the next rickroll. But I just love it.

institutions
April 25th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Whoops. Forgot to come post in here yesterday :P
I'll just do both in this post.

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWaB4PXCwFU)
Where to begin, where to begin... Well, there are SO MANY bands that I hate. I just picked the first one that popped into my head ;D I really hate all this stupid alternative rock stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days grace, etc. There are so many other songs and bands I could have picked, but I think this one will suffice.

Paramore - That's What You Get (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kz6hNDlEEg)
I recently answered this same question on another forum, and I posted this same song.
Whenever I play this on RB2 or RB3, I try to justify it by saying it came up in a random setlist and i'm being forced to play it D:
Hayley Williams is so damn hottt :P

Barney.
April 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Wow, got some catching up to do. Gogogogogogogo.

Day 1 - Animal Collective - My Girls
Day 2 - Justin Bieber - Never Say Never
Day 3 - Chromeo - Night By Night
Day 4 - My Bloody Valentine - Sometimes
Day 5 - Animal Collective - My Girls
Day 6 - Panda Bear - Tomboy
Day 7 - Animal Collective - My Girls
Day 8 - Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
Day 9 - Crookers - What Up Y'all?
Day 10 - Four Tet - She Just Likes To Fight
Day 11 - Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot
Day 12 - Kings Of Leon - Knocked Up
---------------------------------------------------------------

Day 13

Errr, Probably Jimmy Eat World - The Middle. It's so poppy and musically simple, but I don't know why I love it, I just do. I mean I don't like any other Jimmy Eat World songs, it's odd.

v/oKsxPW6i3pM

King Of The Blues
April 25th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure.

Take That - Relight My Fire.

vMduTF8vSGg

NamelessGuy
April 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Day 11 - A song from your favorite band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8JlcB_BzA

YES.

Mr Cat Dog
April 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM

'So What' by P!nk: You could just replace this with ANY Pink (or P!nk, whatever) song, to be honest. I don't know why, but I really like her music, for some weird reason. Her act of being all punk and yet really un-punk is annoying, but I can't help but smile whenever her songs come on the radio or in a club or such. This one, more than all of them, seems to expose the dichotomy of corporate shill and wannabe punk icon that so personifies Pink, and yet is really, really listenable. I do kinda love it!

v/FJfFZqTlWrQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Shake
April 25th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Jibbs-Chain Hang Low. =(

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Day 8- A song that you know all the words to
"Summer Rain" sung by Belinda Carlisle, remixed by Alex K.
One of my all-time favourite songs. I listen to it every week!

aJEiFFXy39I

Day 13- A song that is a guilty pleasure
"Body Language" by Heidi Montag
I know it's trashy, and her performance at the Miss Universe Pageant was awful, but it's one of my favourite dance-pop tracks! X|

4763rpG5fV4

"Failed Creation" by Divine Heresy
I actually am starting to really like this band! I tend to not like metal, so I surprised people.

QcsM9eiZHaM

Yeah... I'm late on the uptake! This is pretty fun! =) I better come on everyday!

Barney.
April 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Day 14

Not many contenders to be honest, because people who know me, know my broad, but at the same time narrow-minded music taste, and not much that I listen to crosses those boundaries. But after looking at my iTunes for a bit, I came to The Fratellis - My Friend John. I'm not too keen on their first album, but I gave their second a try and I really enjoyed it, I didn't "love" it but there were a few great songs on there, like this one.

v/BFe_b1H0wAo

King Of The Blues
April 26th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love.

Sam Sparro - Black & Gold.

eHuebHTD-lY

Mr Cat Dog
April 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
OK. I'm getting pretty tired of people just posting videos along with the song title/artist name. The whole point of this thread is to let people know WHY these songs mean what they mean to you, and to explain more about you as a person. That's not being achieved if all you want to do is post the video and move on. Just a sentence or two is all I ask.

So, consider this people's final warning in this regard: I will start deleting posts if they don't fall in line with this. There's already a 'no listing' rule in the C&M Procedures and Guidelines, so please follow it. Mmmkay? [/rant over]

-~-~-~

'Kyle's Mom's a B**tch' from the South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut OST: Can't really think of a song that properly describes me, but this is the closest I can think of off the top of my head. It's one of my faves from the movie anyway, and I can be a real b**ch when I want to be so... yeah!

v/goaxwXI8YR4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

fenyx4
April 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Catching up...

Day 11 - A Song From Your Favorite Band

"Panic Switch" by Silversun Pickups - The instant I heard this revved-up song on the radio on its debut day, I pretty much knew who my favorite band had become. XD The music video was very different from what I imagined it would be, but it looks great nonetheless. The guitars in this song are fantastic, and the finisher/outro of the song is one of the best I have heard for any song...I'm glad that I've been blessed with the opportunity to hear such a great band. A song that never fails to pump me up. :)

v/AG8fugqFn9Q

Day 12 - A Song From A Band You Hate

"Poor Unfortunate Souls" by the Jonas Brothers
"Breaking Free" and "Bet On It" by High School Musical cast - Sigh...OK, I used to like the Jonas Brothers back when they were like a "breakout band"...but now it's gotten to the point where the mere mention of them just drives me crazy, especially due to the obsession of the girly tween crowd. >.< "Poor Unfortunate Souls" was the first song I heard by them (which happened to be a cover from The Little Mermaid), and it originates from the era when I used to like them more. :cer_no:

As for "HSM"...I've essentially been annoyed with them ever since their premiere. Not to mention that the tween crowd also obsesses over them and WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT THEM. :cer_cry: I loathe the franchise, but I admit that the soundtracks have produced some catchy songs. Some of the songs almost seem to bizzarely stir fragments of the soul... >_>

I should probably listen to the original version of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" sometime... -.-

v/WCXiczrRUSg
v/ng84LsKQ-SQ
v/Kze5Eo39lzA

Day 13 - A Song That Is A Guilty Pleasure

"Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" by Jump 5
"Into The Rush" and "When Chemicals React" by 78Violet (formerly Aly & AJ)
"Amigas Cheetahs" by The Cheetah Girls

-Strangely, most of these tend to be from artists affiliated with Disney. Anyway, I haven't actually watched Lilo and Stitch: The Movie, but "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" on that Disneymania soundtrack (no, I did not buy it; I just happened to have a chance to hear it.) was actually pretty catchy, and exuded a sense of thrill and exhilaration. Though the group has received some criticism for how the Hawaiian words are pronounced...but I'll give them a break. I mean, IMO, the song was prodcued by a great band who were able to contribute an awesome pop song filled with Hawaiian influence. :)

Aly and AJ... :cer_love: All the songs I have heard by them so far have been awesome. "Into The Rush" is another terrific exhilarating track, and "When Chemicals React" is...a great mix of "awe-inspriring, dreamy, and confident"..all I can say is that it's an enthralling track. ^_^

And despite this last band being constructed specifically for the "tween girl" crowd, they have had their fair share of catchy songs, and I don't dislike the members of the Cheetah Girls nearly as much as I do for the members of HSM and the JB. >_> "Amigas Cheetahs" is a peppy, fierce song that encapsulates the essence of the Cheetah Girls, in a way. Way better than some of the crap being spawned in music today. *coughRebeccaBlackFridaycough*

v/z6jBZ426Fsg
v/56IoTdgQteM
v/PIDoPETif8g
v/obX59oAcy_g

Ick...a bit of a shame that the "VEVO" tag is right behind Cheetah Girls as well...

Day 14 - A Song That No One Would Expect You To Like

"Love Is A Battlefield" by Pat Benatar - I hail from the 1990s, yet I still have a fond love for the 80s! When I first heard this song, something about it felt so very right. Despite its rebellious nature, the tune of this song just seems to call to me, and almost seems to be composed of sounds that make you reflect on past thoughts or something...

v/CjY_uSSncQw

institutions
April 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Gary Numan - Cars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw)
A catchy synthpop song that everyone should know. I don't think anyone would expect me to like this, considering it's in a genre completely different than anything else I listen to ;D Normally I listen to progressive, blues, folk, and jazz. I detest all types of pop and almost any 80s music (well, this song is from 79. close enough.) that isn't hair metal/glam rock.

Impo
April 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (http://www.pokecommunity.com/evanescence)

apparently it's too loud for me.
which is weird for me, because whenever I hear it,
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk8826xQtl1qfkz3d.gif

NamelessGuy
April 26th, 2011, 05:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0c-kC8xZ-I

One of the many problems with modern music.

Nutella
April 26th, 2011, 11:31 PM
^ Yeah... I adore "modern music"/mainstream but Boys Like Girls... -__- and you managed to pick the worst of their songs, too! They can't be as bad as Owl City.

ANYWAY...

15- A song that describes you
Following Mr Cat Dog's lead, I will also post a Pink song.
"Stupid Girls" by Pink
Well... I just don't ever want to become a "real" bimbo? =S

BR4yQFZK9YM

Lily
April 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM

LQTTFUtMSvQ
Beethoven's Für Elise

I played this when I was eight at a concert, and it has stuck to me very dearly. I am a pianist so I feel this song describes me just for its sentimental value and the fact it's piano. Most of my friends know me as a pianist.

WriteThemWrong
April 27th, 2011, 01:50 AM

Jay Electronica - Exhibit C. Lyrically one of the best hip hop songs I've ever heard.
Day 15- A song that describes you

Lupe Fiasco - Till I Get There. About overcoming all obstacles and always looking ahead.

mondays suck
April 27th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Dammit, I had already typed most of this up when my mouse wheel started having its own will once again, scrolled up and down erratically and in the chaos I somehow closed the page. Curses.

On another note, I believe I have always put at least a bit of description for my choices, even if once it was just the word "boring"http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/miscellaneous/smile_14.gifhttp://www.websitegoodies.com/smilies/innocent0009.gif

Anyway...

While my musical taste at first glance seems to consist of metal, metal, metal and not a lot else, there are exceptions. My choice for Day 13, "trololo", is one, another one would be:

Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan
tGmiG3HEM9I
Awesome beyond description. Really, I don't know what to say, except that I love this song.

Took me a while to think of it, but:

Dio - Don't Talk To Strangers
DSRLBS4XR5A
Might be a misinterpretation, but my social awkwardness exceeds that of most people I know, except for that one even weirder weirdo. It is not quite at the level where I have a phobia of socializing, but it's close.

institutions
April 27th, 2011, 05:04 AM

Blind Melon - No Rain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58)

Don't you laugh at me. The lyrics describe me perfectly :D
Plus, it's enjoyable to play on the guitar.

King Of The Blues
April 27th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Day 15 - A song that describes you.

Gary Moore - Don't Take Me For A Loser.

A little more info...

While the song is talking directly towards a single someone most of the song, I would like to use the word 'you' not towards a single someone, but as in a group form.

ZmqOpUytrjQ

Barney.
April 27th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Day 15

I suppose Joy Division - From Safety To Where?, as I don't really like leaving my comfort zone, and if I do, I usually do something stupid. Plus I can play this song perfectly on Bass :D.
Yeah..Sorry, didn't find this day too easy.

v/v34Mrir2uA4

Comic Tragedy
April 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
While the lyrics of this song are very unique, surreal and symbolic, it's more the way this song makes me feel and the way I feel about it that makes me say it describes me. I can't describe it more that that.

When you listen to this song, and you get a weird a feeling, that's me. Eww, that sounded creepy.

Dan Black - Symphonies ft. Kid Cudi

uWWG75lLemA

Mr Cat Dog
April 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 16 - A song you used to love but now hate

'Grace Kelly' by Mika: I really don't know why I liked, let alone loved, this song. Maybe I was just young and naive about music; maybe the screamy, squeaky, high-pitched, horrible yelping noises coming out of that man's mouth were strangely endearing to me. Whatever the reason, my 'love' for the song slowly evaporated every time I heard it, to the point where I have to throw something at someone whenever I start hearing it. Not good... not good at all!

v/EaEPCsQ4608?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

WriteThemWrong
April 27th, 2011, 04:01 PM

Limp Bizkit - Rollin' and Insane Clown Posse - F The World. I got into both of these songs after hearing them on a Woodstock 99 DVD. Is it possible to get a contact high even though you are no where near the drugs? That would be the only explanation I got.

NamelessGuy
April 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Smge23DCE8

Although my music taste is mainly rooted in blues, this song is an exception. It has a great beat and the lyrics are quite witty, yet surreal.

agentwaffle
April 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Day 16-
Song: Wait And BLeed
By: SlipKnot.
Reason: Well I used to love it cause it felt heavy, and it appealed to me, but over time I realized it was really bland, repetitive, outdated, and overrated. It was a gateway song, Ill give it that, but nowadays most all of slipknot isnt even fun to listen to IMO.

Esper
April 27th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
サカナクション – アルクアラウンド

So I’m one of those people who listen to Japanese music, but I still feel like I’m something of a music snob. There’s a lot of music from Japan and I think a lot of it isn’t worth listening to and even though I ate up everything I could a while back now I don’t really try to find new music and I wasn’t looking when I first heard this band, but they blew me away with their style and really unique sound.

vS6wzjpCvec

Scissor Sisters – I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’

There are plenty of bands I don’t like, but this one just rubs me the wrong way and makes me prickly like a pineapple when I hear it, which is more often than I’d like since my friends like them. I don’t know what it is.

4H5I6y1Qvz0

Shakira – She Wolf

I know it’s a cheap song and an awful video, but I just enjoy it. Don’t tell anyone.

booKP974B0k

Rammstein – Engel

Used to listen to a lot of music like this when I was much angstier. There’s still a soft spot in my heart for some of it, a tiny spot and mostly an embarrassing one, but still. Sometimes I want to play angry music.

”This content may contain material flagged by YouTube's user community that may be inappropriate for some users.”

What? Okay fine, have some anime with that instead.

PVQaixvlMwo

坂本真綾 – カザミドリ

A while ago I would have said Oh! You Pretty Things by David Bowie, but this song is more “me” now. I don’t know if it describes me, but it touches me like other songs don’t. It's a song about having to leave and do things on your own and go places you've never been. It's a scary feeling and something I’ve been dealing with for a while, but it’s part of my growing into that person I want to be so it’s kind of a hopeful and positive song, too. I don’t know how to talk about myself. :|

You get a live version because it’s amazing.

lA9GUeGgJek

Joanna Newsom – Cassiopeia

I don't want to say I hate it, but I did use to love it for all its weirdness and pretty harp music - like I did with a lot of her other songs - but now it feels a little on the screechy side and I just can't listen to it and enjoy it like I did.

NySQiCamNK4

Nutella
April 28th, 2011, 04:26 AM
I wish people would wrap this stuff in spoilers... oh well.

"When I Lost You" by Sarah Whatmore
This one was tough~! I wish this questions was reversed! Anyway, I really had to think about it! I don't really know if I hate (it's a strong word) it so much as lost interest...

QhCjhGY7R7A

institutions
April 28th, 2011, 05:31 AM

Linkin Park - Faint (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYU-8IFcDPw)

Ugh. I can't believe there was a time when I actually listened to this crap. I liked it, too. I bought Meteora when it came out and listened to it a lot. I also used to like that alternative rock crap that I talked about hating in another post. Oh, and I used to listen to rap. I'm too ashamed of that to give you any further details.
...I hate day 16 D:

Pekin
April 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Day 16 - A song you used to love, but now hate

Good Charlotte - Welcome To My World Life (d'oh)

Like, it really hurts inside listening to this right now. The lyrics are so goddamn pathetic, I really, really loathe this song! Before I started making up my mind about stuff, like... Life, I listened to this song and genuinely enjoyed it. I can't stand it now, and it really is a challenge listening to the entire song. Garh. But allow me to share my pain to those of you oblivious to the masterpieces of pop music from my 4th grade days:

tQvjAMwam04

Barney.
April 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Day 16

A few possible choices, but I decided to go with Linkin Park/Jay-Z - Numb/Encore. I literally hate myself for liking it so much when I was much younger, and much more naive. I absolutely hate both these artists and this song.

v/DLlF2FMv968

NamelessGuy
April 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Day 14 - A song no one would expect you to love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbAZiVRG6h0

Alright, I'll admit that I'm a hardcore Coldplay fan, despite my music tastes being based in classic rock and blues-rock. This song is always refreshing to hear.

Mr Cat Dog
April 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM

'I Got a Feeling' by The Black Eyed Peas: When this was released, it would. not. leave. the radio. I think it stayed at #1 on the UK charts for about 9 weeks (only to be replaced by 'Boom Boom Pow'... ugh) so that inevitably meant way too much exposure for such a crappy, crappy song. Even to this day, at certain times of night, if you switch over to certain stations you can still hear the decaying remnants of the song.

v/uSD4vsh1zDA?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

BlooMilk C.
April 28th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Paparazzi - Lady Gaga
v/d2smz_1L2_0
God, this song is so annoying now. @___@ Greyson Chance's version was great though ♥

WriteThemWrong
April 28th, 2011, 05:31 PM

I rarely ever listen to the radio now but I used to hear Crazy by Gnarles Barkley just about every time I turned on the radion.

Lily
April 28th, 2011, 07:17 PM

Adele - Rolling in the Deep

mBRUkdQa6Is

I'm not complaining though. I love, I mean, love this song to pieces. I had it on repeat for hours yesterday.

agentwaffle
April 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Happy by MuDvAyNe. In no way is it bad that I hear it, one of my favorite bands. But I wish people around me would know more than just this song by them :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anbrb2u9GYI

Overall though I love the song

Nutella
April 29th, 2011, 01:48 AM

"E.T." by Katy Perry [feat. Kanye West]
A reason? Well, it's always on the radio... love the song. =)

t5Sd5c4o9UM

King Of The Blues
April 29th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate.

Rihanna - Umbrella.

_iQRXuAo6Eg

Used to like it at first but after a while got bored of it. It just got so repetitive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio.

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow.

4m48GqaOz90

Hate this song and thankfully it doesn't appear on the radio as much as it use to.

Luckily I had this message copied so I didn't have to go to too much bother after it was deleted, lol. I have the reasons now so you can't delete it this time. ;)

mondays suck
April 29th, 2011, 02:52 AM
The two most recent questions are quite problematic for me...

Day 16 - A song you used to love, but now hate
The problem here is, I either still love songs that I used to love or at least have some nostalgic feeling about them, which is positive as well. Thanks to my main musical influence in younger days being my grandfather who exclusively listened to classical music I didn't listen to these typical horrible child pop bands. If I wouldn't have done that, it would have been easy picking a song for this question, but as it is, there is none.

Again, there is a problem, this time it's that I never listen to the radio. When in summer 2009 I couldn't avoid it due to attending driving school, Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" was on all the time, so it would be the closest thing to post here, but because the overexposure made me absolutely despise that song, I already posted it on Day 2 for my least favorite song.

shenanigans
April 29th, 2011, 06:39 AM

Cee Lo Green - Forget You

Posting the clean version of this song for the sake of keeping a clear infractions list~
bKxodgpyGec
Fortunately, it's quite a good song and it's being phased out by his new song, the name of which I can't quite remember just now. But enough is enough really. If I'm listening to the radio for any real amount of time I will hear it played two or three times, it seems. =/

institutions
April 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_C0SK490h8)

I don't listen to the radio. Ever. But when I accidentally overhear it outside of my headphones, I normally hear this song. Don't get me wrong, this song is great, just not one of my favorites. I wish they'd play other Floyd stuff, like maybe something from The Division Bell or, if they're looking for more commercialized songs, possibly 'Hey You' or 'Mother' from The Wall.

Barney.
April 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Day 17

Don't listen to the radio much, but when I did I heard Florence + The Machine - You Got The Love All. The. Damn. Time. Such an annoying song, by such an annoying woman.

v/PQZhN65vq9E

Mr Cat Dog
April 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 18 - A song you wish you heard on the radio

'Bedouin Dress' by Fleet Foxes: Or, just anything by Fleet Foxes, really. I wish the radio would play more folky-songs like this, that don't require a thumping bassline in order to get people's attention. But... people seem to like thumping basslines for some reason. Oh well!

v/C4AJF0sTcf8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

NamelessGuy
April 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfWEPu0w-7w

This song perfectly describes my state of mind at the moment.

Nutella
April 29th, 2011, 10:09 PM

"Medicine" by Kim Leoni
Her music is mainstream-radio friendly (especially since dance-pop is in heat), so it wouldn't be unreasonable. I think mainstream-listeners would like this song if she just got more exposure.

uLuUOaczxe0

WriteThemWrong
April 29th, 2011, 11:25 PM

There really isn't a song that I want to hear on the radio but I'm going to say The Fear by Drake. It's such an emotional song and I wish more people could hear it, instead of all his other lame club hits and young money trash.

Dark Pulse94
April 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM

Desperado - the eagles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y88Ou5SEQVQ

it's the song for the fans, but I never hear it on the radio! (the one in my usertitle :P)
you only hear "Hotel California" which is my FAV of theirs, but never this one...

Barney.
April 30th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Day 18

Oh definitely Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise, to remind people just to lighten up and have fun. To be honest it probably is being played on the radio a bit, but probably not enough. Also, best music video ever..Of course that can't be expressed through the radio, but still.

v/WdgLMslbDuY

King Of The Blues
April 30th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio.

Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues.

A little more info...

I would love to hear any Gary Moore song on the radio to be honest as I like most of his songs but Still Got the Blues wold be the more popular of his songs. It's a pity that hardly any of his work is on the radio or on any of the music channels.

HuAVHHRlxLg

institutions
April 30th, 2011, 06:44 AM

Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w)

I'm not aware of any stations that play post-rock. There might be one on XM, but I don't have that. Anyway, this is just a great song from one of the best post-rock albums ever.

Comic Tragedy
April 30th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate.

Sum 41 - In Too Deep

emGri7i8Y2Y

I don't HATE this song now. This is pretty much because I will never HATE a song I liked in the past because I'll always think of it with nostalgia (no matter how terrible I think the song is now).

So, I do think this song is TERRIBLE now, but I don't think I HATE it. <3

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio.

Jeremih - Put It Down On Me ft. 50 Cent

AaXaig_43lU

This song is garbage, and it's ALWAYS on the radio. FML.

Day 18 - A Song that you wish you heard on the radio

Frankmusik - Heart On My Sleeve

OiKC-KCHOX8

This song is amazing, and I think it has the potential to be a big pop hit so that's one reason im putting it up here instead of a bunch of other songs I love to jam to.

NamelessGuy
April 30th, 2011, 10:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sesOnXMcaBk

I can't believe I even liked Linkin Park in the first place. Sure, their style is somewhat unique, but that doesn't make them good.

Esper
April 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
The Beatles – Birthday

I don't really listen to the radio now and I don't pay attention to songs I hear in stores. When I was in junior high my neighbor's mom used to pick a bunch of us up from school and she listened to an oldies radio station that did these happy birthday messages you could call in for. They didn't play the whole song, or maybe they played it in the background, I forget, but it was always there.

m_Nz9B1XFio

Queen – I Want To Break Free

Well, any music I like I'd love to hear on the radio, but I think this would be great to have come on if you were working the late shift of some boring retail job and you just wanted to break into your own personal musical segment like in the movies.

9hMrY8jysdg

Mr Cat Dog
April 30th, 2011, 03:00 PM

'I Don't Want to Know' by Fleetwood Mac: Rumors has been my favourite album for about three years now, and it's probably going to stay there for a very long time. Every song magnficent from a band at their absolute peak. I thought about putting one of the more well known ones... but this one's probably my favourite. Really good harmonies, a steady beat, and it doesn't drag itself on too long: my kinda song!

v/Og7msZ0wuZ8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

Barney.
May 1st, 2011, 02:50 AM
Day 19

Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot, is my favourite track from my favourite album Daydream Nation. I loved it as soon as it touched my ears, experimental, noise, rock at it's very, very finest.

v/4z_ipRtcnqM

King Of The Blues
May 1st, 2011, 03:19 AM
Day 19 - A song from your favourite album.

Gary Moore - After the War. (Album: After the War.)

A little more info...

It's a brilliant song from a brilliant album. It's a hard-rock song and it's a great, anti-war song. It also feature an appearance from Cozy Powell on drums and has great lyrics and guitar from Gary, who put everything he had into all of his songs. Great music video below. I love the leather trench coat Gary has on.

JdZ2Iz1CuMc

shenanigans
May 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM
Day 19 - A song from your favourite album.

Alicia Quays - Jamie T.

Really I don't think this is at all a song for everyone, or even an artist for everyone. The truth is that Jamie is a pretty awful singer tbh but it's his lyrics and how unique he is that really grabbed me with this song, and indeed the album as a whole. I also like how minimalistic and unprocessed it all is too, something I don't hear much anymore.

Not posting a video because it might be a bit offensive to some. :x

Nutella
May 1st, 2011, 04:54 AM

"Extraordinary Day" by Delta Goodrem, from the album Mistaken Identity.
I'm one of those people that only listens to singles most of the time, but when it comes to Delta, I like every song on her album. Her second album, Mistaken Identity is a favourite, as it has good lyrics and focuses on her emotions during her personal struggles. Extraordinary Day is about her feelings when she was diagnosed with cancer.

The song:

hmZ-_fA31X8

NamelessGuy
May 1st, 2011, 06:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs

It seems that every time I tune in to a classic rock station, this song is always playing.

Owl
May 1st, 2011, 08:29 AM

Since I have quite a lot of favorite albums, I'll just say Los Vaqueros: El Regreso, and the song would be Zun Zun Rompiendo Caderas.

ages 13 and over
cjcTMfqLo04

WriteThemWrong
May 1st, 2011, 10:45 AM

Shutterbugg by Big Boi from the album Sir Luscious Left Foot. Such an amazing album, anyone who loves hip hop should definitely listen to this, as well as people looking to get into hip hop.

Mr Cat Dog
May 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM
We're just about two-third through this one... would anyone like to see more challenges like these? A film one, or a TV one or anything else? Feel free to respond either here or by VM-ing me your thoughts/feedback. Anyhoo, on with the show:

Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry

'Chiquitita' by ABBA: When I'm angry, I need to listen to calming music or I'll just end up being in a mood all day. This is the ultimate calming song, so feels right at home answering this question.

v/p4QqMKe3rwY?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

dragonite149
May 2nd, 2011, 01:35 AM
Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry

I'd have to say Winter Wrap Up. It's so lively I can't feel angry.
/inb4 My Little Pony is for little girls

That, or Stick a Banana in Your Ear from a Charlie the Unicorn episode. It's so funny I can't feel angry when listening to it.

Oh, I'd love to see more of these. Including one for TV music.

King Of The Blues
May 2nd, 2011, 04:45 AM
Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry.

Earth Wind & Fire - Fantasy

A little more info...

It'a a lovely song with great, soothing lyrics and a lovely sound to the song. It's a real feel good song and it would cheer anyone up if you were down in my opinion.

twICykaRRvY

Banjora Marxvile
May 2nd, 2011, 05:29 AM

For some reason, and I don't know why, but Madness with NW5. I never heard it on the radio, and as it is now a song that is a fan favourite, as well as thanks to some audio players that allow you to listen to a song with radio like quality, it just fits a radio's graininess.
v/qm0bSqgOxOI

Ooh, a toughy. I don't really have a favourite album as such, but if I had to pick an album, it would be Reel Big Fish's A Best of Us For the Rest of Us! A re-recording of their old favourites they played whilst on their last record company (which they fell out with), it just feels... Fresh yet also nostalgic.
One such song on the album:
v/x_zfJbteqBY

Day 20 - A song you listen to when you are angry

Interesting, I seem to listen to Would You Be Impressed by Streetlight Manifesto, due to it's sense of disaster, but also because the change from "It's Not My Fault" to the last line of "It's All My Fault" makes me feel relieved of a burden. Dunno why that is.
v/C4lpJkDXj7c

Barney.
May 2nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Day 20

I'm sure some people like calming down when they're angry, but I prefer to listen to something fast and in my face. Misfits - Last Caress is the perfect way to do that.

v/_1wbcqY6IIs

mondays suck
May 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Are there enough Judas Priest songs left for all the positive questions in this? Sure there are. My pick here would be Jawbreaker. While the lyrics carry some implications some might dislike, the sound would still be somewhat acceptable for radio stations. Anyway, I think I can't really say anything of importance, so...
r7N10xS0dU4

In my opinion nothing beats Judas Priest's Painkiller, that album is just perfect. Let's take the title track here.
uie63E4gqno

Day 20 - A song you listen to when you are angry
I'm currently lacking the words to explain why, but I think Death in Fire by Amon Amarth is a great way to both cure or fuel anger.
FfyvwOSrYGo

Blaziken15
May 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM

Painkiller by Judas Priest. It has the drum and guitar solo's that let me blow off steam by making me punch a pillow! xD

Mr Cat Dog
May 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy

'You! Me! Dancing!' by Los Campesinos!: Yes, that's a lot of exclamation marks, but the song pretty much justifies all the happiness and dance-worthiness the name suggests. It builds and builds until it erupts in a musical orgasm: a joyous song to listen to, and one that I listen to when I'm in the best of moods.

v/Nj6SO_yKMe8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

Owl
May 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM

I don't really listen to certain types of music depending on my feeling, but I guess this would be a song that I like to listen to when I'm in a good mood:

BIGBANG - Tonight
8d5QEWdHchk

NamelessGuy
May 2nd, 2011, 05:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk

I don't think I've heard a Beatles song on any classic rock radio station in a long time.

institutions
May 2nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Guess I forgot to check in yesterday. Almost forgot to today, too :P
Only remembered when I came back to start a monotype challenge.
I apologize in advance for the long post. At least I don't post 234234 videos in mine, like some people. I only link to them ;D

Day 19 - A song from your favorite album

Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three Different Ones) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCM-dDQSM8g)
Album: Animals

Everything about this album is amazing. It opens with Pigs on the Wing part 1, a quiet acoustic piece. Then it goes into a 17 minute epic: Dogs. Dogs starts out with an acoustic intro with vocals and a synth keyboard backing. 4 guitar solos are thrown in throughout, and there is a LONG synth section in the middle, containing only synth and sound effects (whistling, dogs barking, etc.) Next is the 11 minute long Pigs (Three Different Ones). Pigs has powerful vocals, a funky bass line, an awesome keyboard part, and an incredible talk-box guitar solo. After Pigs is a 10 minute song: Sheep. It has a great bassline, awesome keyboard, haunting vocals, and the best outro you've ever heard. The album wraps up with part 2 of the acoustic Pigs on the Wing.

-----

Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry

Buckethead - Watching the Boats with my Dad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6kspxOENpg)

This song is so slow and calming that it makes me feel much better. I don't like being angry most of the time.

-----

The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk)

The Beatles are always an uplifting band, and this is one of my favorites of theirs. Just a generally cheery song. It's even talking about something happy. Who wouldn't be happy listening to this? :P

hyperblast81
May 2nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
A song to listen to when you're happy.

Hmm.. Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden (The studio version is great and all, but I personally prefer the version on the Flight 666 CD which I belive was the Rock In Rio concert)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNBkHJ4PvE

Nutella
May 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM

"Nobody Listened" by Delta Goodrem
I listen to this song anyway, but I really get in the mood for this song when I'm angry or lonely. I find that when I'm experiencing negative emotions, I prefer to find music that matches the mood rather than music that alleviates the said emotions.
wDNxW453i10

NamelessGuy
May 3rd, 2011, 03:25 AM
Day 19 - A song from your favorite album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3NcwfOBzQ

Revolver is arguably one of the Beatles' best works. This is but one track off the album. Tomorrow Never Knows is full of psychedelic experimentation, including backwards tape loops. John Lennon even went as far as putting his vocals through a revolving Leslie speaker cabinet, used mainly for organs.

Banjora Marxvile
May 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM

Don't know why, but I seem to listen to International Jet Set by The Specials when I'm in a really good mood. Have no idea why, the song is quirky and weird...

mondays suck
May 3rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Thinking of it, I haven't been truly happy for quite a while. At least not when listening to music. Distracting myself from the negative things of life is my main use for it, so this is yet another quite hard one for me. In fact, after about 5 minutes thinking without result I think I will have to pass on this one. The way I use music just excludes the possibility of me finding an answer since it means that when I am happy I have no need for music.

King Of The Blues
May 3rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy.

Gary Moore - Blood of Eneralds.

A little more info..

There is no particular song that I listen to when I'm happy. I'm happy most of the time anyway. I just kind of picked out a song at random and this songs does bring a smile to my face when I'm listening to it.

aJVprlsokvc

Barney.
May 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Day 21

Lots of these to be honest with you, but a song that I thought of straight away was Holy F*ck - Lovely Allen, because it just has a very uplifting feel to it and never fails to make me smile.

v/5aLbXyJ_N9k

Blaziken15
May 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy.

Party Rock Anthem By LMFAO!

EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN'!

Owl
May 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM

I've come across this song a little less than two weeks ago and I listen to it whenever I feel down. Doesn't really help with me feeling better but oh well..

T.O.P - OH MOM
76g7txXDMU8

Mr Cat Dog
May 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad

'Cabaret' from the musical Cabaret: What good is sitting alone in your room? Come here the music play! Life is a cabaret old chum; life is a cabaret. A strangely uplifting song given that the main character's love interest has gone back to England to escape the Nazis. Still, it does make me feel better when I'm down in the dumps.

No embed this time, guys! (http://youtu.be/moOamKxW844)

Nutella
May 4th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy

"This is How We Party" by S.O.A.P.
I don't really have a particular selection of songs I listen to when I'm happy, but this song puts a smile on my face and definitely makes me want to dance around like a loon. The exact same manner as when this song was new years ago and I was much, much younger.

nRh73puFxnE

institutions
May 4th, 2011, 06:45 AM

Buckethead - Spell of the Gypsies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZoFeTQmfs4)

I really don't listen to single songs unless it's 80s hair metal songs that I only know the words to one song on the album; like Quiet Riot's Metal Health or Skid Row's 18 and Life. So, I picked a song from one of the albums I listen to when i'm sad. It's a generally sad album, which normally would make me more sad, but when i'm sad I like to be sad. I'm not sure why, I just like the sad feeling.

I picked this song in particular because it's the last song on the album, and it wraps everything up nicely. Plus, the outro (the last 1:10 of the song, when the acoustic guitar comes back in) is awesome.

We're almost done ;D

mondays suck
May 4th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Depends. If I am only a bit sad, pretty much anything of what I've been posting before can help out, but sometimes there is that kind of sadness you don't actually want to end by distracting yourself, and in that case my choice of song would be:

Candlemass - Solitude (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU)

It's not just the lyrics, it's the singer's voice, this - in an awesome way mourning - voice. Just perfect for its purpose. Shame he left after just one album. Failing description attempts aside, this song has the power to intensify sadness and depression, and if for some reason I feel like doing that, I listen to it. Or anything else from the same album.

WriteThemWrong
May 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM

Linkin Park - My December. LP does some amazing slow emotional songs, shame they don't do more.

Banjora Marxvile
May 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Ooh, I find this a hard one to answer. When sad, I don't really mind too much, yet for some reason, my MP3 can kinda pick up on it, and plays The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen. The song sounds depressing with the vocal style, and the lyrics, and just seems perfect for the mood, as I'm not ever truly sad, just sometimes feel down.

v/aX1PwkgwsG0

Barney.
May 4th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Day 22

Joy Division - She's Lost Control. It's the bleak atmosphere it creates and the lyrics that make me want to listen to this when I'm sad.

v/ZGMDBppWBOo

Owl
May 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM

This sounds kind of cheesy and doesn't really sound like it would fit in, but it's a good song nonetheless.

Taeyang - Wedding Dress
qIt6KCwlFPw&feature=channel_video_title

Xyrin
May 4th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Thought I'd jump in here...

8rbXZZezFWE
I would play this at the reception but at the actual weeding I would have to go with...
dvgZkm1xWPE

King Of The Blues
May 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.

Santana - Europa

A little more info...

It's a brilliant guitar instrumental and it's very beautiful and soulful. Obviously the song would cheer me up as it's a brilliant piece of work.

hBDLQZgntYE

BlooMilk C.
May 4th, 2011, 02:38 PM

v/ITIPYRcKbKI

Summertime - My Chemical RomanceYOU CAN RUN AWAY WITH ME - ANY TIME YOU WANT :DDD

I think it's soulful and very fitting for an occasion like this, because it's about being together. Now for gay marriage in the entire United States if I happen to move somewhere else.

Mr Cat Dog
May 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 23 - A song that you want played at your wedding

'4' 33''' by John Cage: I mentioned in the thread of the same name that I don't really want any song played at my hypothetical wedding, and since I've already mentioned You! Me! Dancing! as my reception song, I guess I literally have to go with silence for this one. And there are actually videos of it on YouTube! Result!

v/6QUMYQEO_9g?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

Blaziken15
May 4th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.

"The End" I'm not sure who it's by but it's the ending song from Drawn to Life.

Day 23 - A song that you want played at your wedding

"Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. The courses lyrics are in my signature at this moment. Plus, the lyrics like "I set out on a narrow way, many years ago," and "Every long lost dream, led me to where you are," really show that you love a person and that they've been the one you've been searching for.

NamelessGuy
May 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1pZCey4lA

Title explains it all.

Nutella
May 4th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Day 22- A song that you listen to when you're sad

"Sheep May Safely Graze" by J. S. Bach
It's very relaxing, and I tend to enjoy classical music when I'm sad. The one I have is an orchestral version by The Classic Lifestyle Series' Classic Moods album, but since it's too obscure I couldn't find it on the net.

TYjqnlc7MRw

Day 23- A song that you want to play at your wedding

"From This Moment On" by Shania Twain
It's perfect for a wedding~ Just listen to the lyrics! I prefer the solo version to the one she duets with Bryan White.

a-Lp2uC_1lg

institutions
May 5th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Krzysztof Penderecki - Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBVYhyXU8o)

I know you can't see this over the internet, but i'm laughing maniacally right now. In case you didn't know, this is the terrifying music that was playing during Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation of Stephen King's The Shining.

...I'm still laughing, but while I listen to this home alone, I am suddenly scared of the dark hallway three feet to my right.

Barney.
May 5th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Day 23

Animal Collective - My Girls. Definitely. I play it at every party, every social gathering. It's just the song that resembles everything about my life. Not the lyrics per se, but just the song itself.

v/zol2MJf6XNE

King Of The Blues
May 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Day 23 - A song that you want played at your wedding.

Queen - Friends Will Be Friends.

A little more info...

When you marry someone, you become more then just friends. While this song talks about friends and friends being there for you. I would like to think of the song about two loving people being there for each other.

NuxS-9t3tnY

NamelessGuy
May 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Day 21 - A song you listen to when you're happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wEWSUUsUc

This song never fails to brighten my mood. It's also from one of the best albums that ever existed, in my opinion.

Mr Cat Dog
May 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Day 24 - A song that you want played at your funeral

"Imperial March" from Star Wars: There's actually a logic behind this one. Ever since I first saw Star Wars over ten years ago, I've always confused this bit of music with the traditional Funeral March by Chopin. It'd be a nice twist of fate to have the Imperial March be my ACTUAL funeral march, so to speak! It does sound pretty kickass, as well; definitely a nice send-off.

v/QzntZLHcYy0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Owl
May 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Well, this is just from my past experiences and I've thought of this before.

c_ezxfiZ8vI

Oh hey look it's not Kpop.

Barney.
May 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Day 24

I want people to have a party when I die, so let's play Crookers - What Up Y'all?. That should get things started.

v/APHYoT_ao3k

King Of The Blues
May 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Day 24 - A song that you want played at your funeral.

Gary Moore - Johnny Boy

A little more info...

It's such a beautiful song. What I really love about it is the fact the song is entitled, "Johnny Boy" and Johnny is my nickname. The song has a very Irish feel and tone to it which I really appreciate as I'm from Ireland. The Wicklow Mountains and the River Shannon are mentioned so if it wasn't Irish enough for you, now it is. Another thing is it's an appropriate song to be played at a funeral and the song does remind remind me a bit of the song, "Danny Boy", which also is often associated with Ireland.

UIwcvffvrnY

Owl
May 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM

I still don't know what this really means, but it's funny :D

ages 13 and over

xzSeSe8XB0s

WriteThemWrong
May 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog - I Keed. Its really dated but when I first heard it, it made me laugh.

institutions
May 6th, 2011, 03:17 PM

Dethklok - Go Into The Water (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0)

I've always wanted an extremely brutal song (well, one that I actually like) to be played at my funeral. This one fits perfectly. If I happen to die on my birthday, however, there is no better song than this:

Dethklok - Birthday Dethday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8npI0Xe2wi4)

Mr Cat Dog
May 6th, 2011, 04:08 PM
This is what staying up drinking and getting halloumi from kebab shops does to you: it makes you late for responsibilities such as this!

-~-~-~

"Perform this Way" by 'Weird Al' Yankovich: This is the most recent one I can think of, but it's really funny to listen to; it also sounds remarkably similar to the original Lady Gaga version (which I like but find extremely derivative) and yet improves on it immensely!

v/fUxXKfQkswE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

institutions
May 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
^Haha.

I'm going to have to post this next one now, even though it's Day 24 still over here in my timezone, because I have to go take the SAT tomorrow (I won't do well) and after that i'll probably forget to get on.

The Seatbelts - Space Lion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s)
Album: Cowboy Bebop OST 1

I love this song and this entire album (Spokey Dokey is one of my all-time favorite songs) but whenever the singing part comes in (about 3:05 in that video), I laugh a little.

NamelessGuy
May 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Day 22 -A song you listen to when you're sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-YqUcD0LY&feature=related

Wow, I didn't I'd actually find a studio version of this song on YouTube. This is my comfort song, or one of them, at least.

Nutella
May 6th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Day 24 - A song you that you want to play at your funeral

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Python
Cliche, I know, but a lot of my friends are Monty Python fans. It would cheer them up. The last thing I would want is people crying over me! I want my "legacy" to be continuing to make my friends laugh, even in my own death.

WlBiLNN1NhQ

"I'm Movin' On" by Scott Cain
It's so bad it's funny. Scott Cain won the first Popstars series, and you can hear for yourself why he hasn't lasted. "The tail has wagged the dog?" OH LOL.

reeLrFFW2bM

Honourable mention:

"Wasabi" by Lee Harding
Just listen to the lyrics. Again, laughably bad.

vRPFJx51_3M

Owl
May 7th, 2011, 03:59 AM

Well, I can play this songs guitars chords and such....

51mfRmCjhhQ

Barney.
May 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Day 25

No songs make me laugh to be honest, but I always raise a humorous smile when listening to certain songs by The Beastie Boys, probably The Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right the most. It's just so brilliant and doesn't take itself serious at all. Brilliant.
The video's awesome too.

v/eBShN8qT4lk

King Of The Blues
May 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh.

Weird Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise.

A little more info...

It's a very funny and creative parody of the song, "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio. The music video for this is also very funny as well.

lOfZLb33uCg

BlooMilk C.
May 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
v/MGkmrX25fmM
I don't know... the concept of a robotic voice singing a song with no emotion whatsoever is hilarious.

Mr Cat Dog
May 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Theme from Murder She Wrote: A while back, I bought a TV theme song book and... this is the only one I learnt how to play. Whenever I play it on the piano, I can always remember the days I'd be off school and watching it on the sofa. Bliss!

Embedding disabled by request, guys! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v94ugLhua9Y)

Perrie ✿
May 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Oh god, so much to catch up with. :x

Dancing Queen - Glee Cast

This song just makes me smile so much, and I can't help but belt out the lyrics to! <:

Chain Reaction - Dianna Ross

It was played at my Grandmother's funeral. :( So yeah.

Rolling in the Deep - Adele

It reminds me of School. :x It's always playing somewhere around school and thus, reminds me of it.

Loser Like Me - Glee Cast

My recent Spring Show at school, this was our closing song, best experience ever! <3 :D

Just can't get enough - The Saturday's

This song is just amazing, :D I know loads of song's by heart, but this was one of the one's that really stuck in there, even after 2 year's.

Friday - Rebecca Black

The dance is terrible.
C:

Get it right - Glee Cast

It's so soothing and relaxing ~ :3

Friday - Rebecca Black

Yeah, shame run's through my body.

The man who can't be moved - The Script.

Everyone just think's I'm a gleek and listen to nothing but glee, I LISTEN TO OTHER THINGS.

Do it like a Dude - Jessie J

I loved it, now I hate it?

Price Tag - Jessie J

Everyone loves it, including me! :3

Born this Way - Glee Cast

I love the song and it's got amazing reception from people, it should be heard.

Dancing Queen - Glee Cast (Glee the Music volume 6)

It's amazing.

[b]Don't stop - Glee Cast

It's a great song for me, It kinda turn's my mood, so my happy song is also this

Jar of Hearts - Glee Cast

It's just a general sad song. ;_;

Marry You - Bruno Mar's/Glee Cast

Major Cliche. :3

Viva Forever - Spice Girls

I love this song, and it's so sad. I've always wanted it played at my funeral.

All done! :D

institutions
May 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM
^I won't even try and count how many Glee songs you posted :P

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcgyKo7vbm4)

I don't have the patience to learn any full songs, so I just picked one that's all chord strumming. There is literally no single notes in this song, just basic chord strumming. It's really fun to play and sing though; when i'm alone; and no one can hear me. I almost picked Blind Melon's No Rain because it's one of the few songs I know every part to, I just don't know the exact order, so I can't really play it properly :D

NamelessGuy
May 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Day 23 - A song you want to play at your wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wgnTU31z7s

Self-explanatory. Although it's rather fast for a wedding song, it fits the purpose well.

Banjora Marxvile
May 8th, 2011, 12:46 AM

Err... I can't play too much, one pride of mine is that I can play most of Sell Out by Reel Big Fish on the Trumpet, and throught the art of transposing, I can play Tarzan's Nuts by Madness. Why I'd want to play them is simple-ish. Sell Out is a great tune and very catchy, so I just wanted to know it. As for Tarzan's Nuts, I learnt how to play it on keyboard, and then transposed just for the hell of it.

Barney.
May 8th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Day 26

I can play a lot of songs on bass and keys. I can play more "impressive" songs than this, but most recently I learnt Joy Division - From Safety To Where...? on bass. One of my favourite songs and it has a brilliant bass line.

v/v34Mrir2uA4

Owl
May 8th, 2011, 04:13 AM

I really wish I could play and even dance like this XD

Taeyang - Wedding Dress
qIt6KCwlFPw&feature=channel_video_title

/alreadypostedthissongbefore

Nutella
May 8th, 2011, 04:16 AM

"Oh My Darling, Clementine" by Percy Montrose (on the Piano)
Grah, that's INCREDIBLY limited...

8UJiC9QmQvk

King Of The Blues
May 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument.

Gary Moore - One Day.

A little more info...

I can play this song fairly well on electric guitar. A little bit more of practice would help. I know all the lyrics of it as well so I can sing it off by heart as well. I don't know if my singing would be the best though lol. My singing isn't too bad in my opinion.

3bINmmNpViM

Mr Cat Dog
May 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM

'Waitin' for You' from A Prairie Home Companion: It'd be nice to be able to play all of it, but I'll settle for the honky-tonk piano part. Or any other boogie-woogie type deal. Those songs always sound more impressive than they are to play, but I still can't imagine this one being too easy to learn. Oh well...

v/GTlor_VTeWA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

NamelessGuy
May 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXeXm0uMDo

A fitting song, if I do say so myself.

institutions
May 9th, 2011, 04:42 AM

Paul Gilbert - Curse of Castle Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHb2JXKWNM)

A while back I used to obsess over shred music like this, and when I grew out of it the only artists I kept listening to were Paul Gilbert and Buckethead. This is probably my favorite Gilbert song. I'll never be able to play it, because my fingers are retarded and won't go that fast, especially not that accurately.

Uh, slightly better quality. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9-8-oyPT4)

King Of The Blues
May 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play.

Steve Ouimette - We There Kings.

A little more info...

I've never tried playing it but it sounds hard enough to play. I would also need a good amplifier and effects to make playing the song better and to get the sound right.

Xfq9zK52aRM