PDA

View Full Version : What is the first Pokemon you ever saw?

Hermione Granger
April 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM
When you were little, or perhaps when you were older, what first Pokemon have you laid yours eyes on? Did that Pokemon attracted you to find out more about Pokemon? Where did you see it? The game? The TCG? The anime? Perhaps you saw it on a picture?

I can't barely remember how I saw it, but I'm certain that it is Lapras is the very first Pokemon I ever saw. It was, if I can remember right, on the anime. Orange islands, perhaps. But when I saw Lapras, I knew that its something I need to frequent. I kept watching the anime, and after a very long while, asked my dad to get me a Pokemon game.

Azure Revolver
April 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I saw the Charmander first on the first pokemon games. I did watch the anime, before (I only call it an anime when referring to season 1) but that was after I started playing Pokemans.

Pwnyta Jockey
April 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM
First saw a Pokemon by search engine-ing "pokemon cards" in spring 1998.
A Psy Energy card was my first 'anything' Pokemon.

Pretty sure that a Kadabra was my first due to my "spoon" thing of late elementary.

PlatinumDude
April 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I remember seeing either Muk or Nidoking as my first Pokemon, as keychains. Either that, or Pikachu in the show.

The Corrupt Plague
April 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I started out so early that everything is a bit of a haze, but I'll try. I would like to guess Pikachu because I already knew about the anime even before I was playing, but I never got to watch it.

Nutella
April 17th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Either Charizard or Blastoise, on the covers of the games when Blue and Red were new.

Chiar
April 17th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Jigglypuff and Alakazam on a booster pack of trading cards 9-10 years ago.

Baconkillszombies
April 17th, 2011, 02:40 AM
The first pokemon to appear in the anime theme song. :3

NamelessGuy
April 17th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I believe it was Pikachu. Since he was the "mascot", he was the one that was seen the most back then.

Pikachu, Live On Stage!
April 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Blastoise. I got Blue for my birthday. My mom figured I would enjoy it and she was right!

Vrai
April 17th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I guess Charizard and Pikachu would be my two because of their respective boxarts and the fact that I got them both at the same time. :)

Kyoto
April 17th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Blastoise, I believe since Blue was my very first game.

mondays suck
April 17th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I think it must have been Haunter. My first contact with Pokemon was watching some random guy effectively soloing some middle parts of the game with his Haunter while being on some kind of vacation. So, calling Haunter the first Pokemon I ever saw makes sense I guess, even though I'm not 100% sure.

Galukxy
April 17th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Not so sure about this, but it might of been Pikachu or Charmader because of the opening song.

Noblebeastx
April 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Pikachu back in the 1990's xD

JP
April 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, I'm not quite sure. I imagine it was either Pikachu, Charizard or Blastoise. Pikachu because of the commercials for the games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfq5VI7QPVs) and it is the mascot of the franchise after all. Charizard/Blastoise from seeing the actual game covers in stores.

Really wish I could remember haha, but I'd say there's a good chance it was one of them.

Toshiro.
April 17th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Jigglypuff and Squrtile were my first two, because I turned on the tv and saw the squrtile squad episode on xP

ekkotekk
April 25th, 2011, 03:22 AM
i think it was bellsprout. difficult to say though since i was 9 and it was 12 years ago..

sketchyecho
April 25th, 2011, 06:07 AM
probably Mew, as my friend was showing off a 'rare' mew card which he had obtained (drawn)

Drekin
April 25th, 2011, 06:46 AM
The first Pokemon I saw was Charizard on the Pokemon Red Version box.

quilt
April 25th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Either Charizard or Blastoise, on the covers of the games when Blue and Red were new.
^
But in game you know we all started with Charmander.

Roughsponge
April 25th, 2011, 08:34 AM
It must of been the Blastoise on the front of the Blue box :)

Timbjerr
April 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
This ad adorned the pages of a gaming magazine that I read sometime in 1998.

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_Game_Boy/Advert/big/Pokemon_Red_-_1998_-_Nintendo.jpg

Somehow, that wasn't enough to warrant any excitement from me. It wasn;t until I actually played the game that I started liking the series. XD

Enigma
April 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Blastoise on the Blue version boxart. :P I'm honestly surprised that I didn't see Pikachu first, at least as far as I can remember. xP

Binary
April 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I honestly don't remember. But I think it was Pikachu.. you know, that yellow mouse that's always around Ash. ;)
I don't really remember though. I'm just guessing that it's Pikachu because of all the TV commercials and whatnot. It could've been Blastoise or Charizard too. :/

TheSandMan
April 25th, 2011, 11:41 AM
If I remember correctly, the first I've ever seen was Onix in the first episode but gamewise, I sure it was either Pikachu(being the mascot) or Charizard(from when I first got Red).

Haberdasher
April 25th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that the first I ever knew of Pokemon was when somebody showed me a Machoke trading card. Then I got my own deck, and then Pokemon Blue, and then I got hooked. ^^

King Gumball
April 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
It was Clefairy for me (wasn't it the original pokemon mascot before pikachu/the first pokemon ever made?).

It was on the video of the first pokemon movie/show or whatever when Misty and Ash are in Mnt. Moon and they see Clefairy's and Paras's XD idk but I have it on video somewhere.

cazzler
April 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I remember my first Pokemon clearly haha it was Pikachu, When I was younger, I saw it on the pokemon yellow catridge and was excited to play, I used to think it was the strongest pokemon! ... especially when I started to watch the anime.

Chillout
April 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I could not really answer that 100% truthfully, but that is only cause I really can remember i remember watching the very first pokemon episode on TV here in Australia. so if that was the first pokemon medium for me, the first pokemon i ever saw would have to be Mewtwo. But I can't remember if i already had some pokemon cards so if i did it would have to be Caterpie I only remember cause i wrote a 1 on the back of the card when my cousin gave it to me. So for me the first pokemon is a toss up between Mewtwo or Caterpie

Osha_say_wott?!
April 26th, 2011, 12:03 AM
The first Pokemon I ever saw was Pikachu from the very first commercial for the Red and Blue games. He was getting on the bus with the other pokemons. I guess that commercial really left an impression on me, because next thing you know, I was trying to catch 'em all.

Sabrewulf238
April 26th, 2011, 01:03 AM
It was probably Pikachu, since pokemon Yellow was my first game and it was on the cover...

Before my parents bought me pokemon yellow for my birthday I don't think I had any previous knowledge of pokemon.

Maraala
April 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
This one is easy. Charzard, who was on the box of Pokemon Red, which my parent bought me.

Pika-power
April 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Probably Koffing, it was my first pokemon card.

The Noob Hacker
April 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Technically, it would be either Mew or Mewtwo as they appear first in the opening to the first season of the anime.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 27th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Wow that's really hard... to be honest I'm not entirely sure but for some reason Charizard is jumping to mind.

shengar
April 27th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Charizard. I remembered those draconic eyes staring at me, while myself with sparkling eyes looked back at it.

Aafi
April 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
HAHAHA. Of course, Pikachu. Whenever I saw anything Pokemon-related, a lot of times they were incorporated into it.

Ninjutsu95
April 28th, 2011, 07:41 AM
charmander, and...
charmander

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
April 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Might have been Nidorino or Onix. I forget.

Arma
April 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Charmander,Charmeleon,Charizard or Krabby.

I only know it was a red pokemon which belonged to Ash. It was such a long time ago.

Thomas
April 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Blastoise...I saw it on the cover of Pokemon Blue at Toys R Us. I was with my aunt and she bought me the game while we were there.

ElectricScyther
April 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Either Charmeleon or Poliwhirl, I can't remember which.

shenanigans
April 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
The first Pokémon I remember seeing was a Dragonair and a Blastoise simultaneously in a battle. I was playing my friend's game before I'd ever even heard of Pokémon and I couldn't understand why Withdraw wasn't doing any damage, lol.

PokéSwimmer
April 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
The first Pokémon-related thing I saw was an energy card :\.
The first actual Pokémon I saw was Cubone from a Japanese Pokémon card. I think I still have it too! ^^

Calamity
April 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Well I kinda saw all 151 pokemon at once for the first time, I was given a poster with all of them on about 10 years ago XD But I think it's probably Bulbasaur who caught my eye 1st..

Rai
April 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Rhyhorn.

I will never forget that moment. I was at summer camp and one morning when I arrived, everyone was talking about these cards. This girl showed me her favorite pokemon card, which was the orginal Rhyhorn, and was freaking out over how cool it was. At first I was like huh? When did this become so popular? (It was literally over night). The girl gave me her Caterpie card and that was my first pokemon card. From there on, I got into pokemon and more than ten years later I love it more than ever <3

Mr Cat Dog
April 29th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Probably a Pikachu? That lil' critter just got AROUND during the massive media blitz that accompanied the arrival of the games. TV, newspapers, advertisements: all of them featured that red-cheeked yellow rat and the irritating noises it emitted out of its mouth.

Crystalized
April 29th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Pokemon wasn't popular at our school until GSC, so I started playing it then, and the first Pokemon I saw was Ho-Oh on the box art.

Haowakeorden
April 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Pikachu. I remember randomly tuning into YTV one day, and it just happened to be the first Pokémon episode in North America ("Battle Aboard the St. Anne") and my first introduction to Pokémon. I saw it on top of Ash's head, and I was just wondering what the heck it was supposed to be.

miju-kun
April 30th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Maybe either Pikachu or Eevee.
I can't remember..it was years ago.

MrSogen
April 30th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Staryu in pokemon tazo. I liked so much that i carried him for every place.

Smooky
April 30th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Either Haunter or Squirtle, because I remember them being on the Pokemon cards someone brought into school. I became obsessed with them immediately, even though I didn't know what Pokemon was, lol.

Astinus
April 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
The first Pokemon I saw were Pikachu and Onix. It was during a report about the seizures in Japan, and the news program showed clips from when Ash challenged Brock. Of course, that was back before I really knew what Pokemon was. Once I found out about Pokemon, the connections clicked in my mind.

2Cool4Mewtwo
April 30th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Pikachu. I think many would say the same.

Magicsaur
April 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM
The first Pokemon I saw was Pikachu、Pokemon Yellow.

Kenith
May 1st, 2011, 01:31 AM
First pokemon....

I think it was Pikachu? From the commercials I saw on pokemon advertising their games.

s0nido
May 1st, 2011, 04:41 AM
First Pokemon I remember seeing was probably Pikachu. But I've always had an attachment to Lugia, since it was on the box art of my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Silver. I'm upset that I have HeartGold instead of SoulSilver, but I'll probably scrape some money together to get it next.