• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thread ratings!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm not one for rating threads unless it's something big and long-going like a graphics gallery. I just don't really see the point in rating threads which is only to promote a little bit of discussion for some people.

Years
No. I only frequent OVP and it's hardly ever used in this section. Honestly I hardly notice the thread rating system at all. @___@ I see it as mostly pointless, especially in OVP, where it doesn't take much to tell what kind of thread it is. I don't see how rating it X stars will help it any.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
No, I don't rate threads. I really don't see the purpose too, and when I see people rate a thread of their own with 5 stars I just want to rate it will 1 star because I know it's not a "5 star topic". If it is a great well thought out topic I might rate it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't pay much attention to thread rating. If I really like a topic, I'll rate it, but most of the time I don't even think about it.

Melody

Banned
Years
I find thread ratings to be pointless. It's only any good to denote a thread that's any good, so a thread rating of even 1 star is better than no rating at all IMO.

But overall you hardly notice it's there, mostly because people don't rate threads because most threads don't deserve a rating. They're normal or bad.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Nah, it seems fairly pointless. If everyone took part in it, maybe it would mean something, but not as it is now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't rate threads unless they deserve them. For example, I think Kaori's Shiny Discussion was on like 2 stars, so I rated and bumped it up, cause certain threads don't really deserve bad ratings and I like to correct that? :(

Haven't rated my own threads though, lol.

And I rated this thread just to be ironic, don't hurt me! D:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I don't rate threads unless they deserve them. For example, I think Kaori's Shiny Discussion was on like 2 stars, so I rated and bumped it up, cause certain threads don't really deserve bad ratings and I like to correct that? :(

Haven't rated my own threads though, lol.

And I rated this thread just to be ironic, don't hurt me! D:
That's the only time I rate threads too!!

Overall, though, I don't really see the point in having a thread rating system.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I never rate threads. I never notice thread ratings in the first place so I never rate. I can probably count the number of threads I've bothered to rate in the past on one hand. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have never rated a thread in my life xD I never even look at thread ratings.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Nope. Although it's fun to look at threads that have 3 or fewer stars to see if they're rated ironically or if the inherent discussion is actually worthy of such a meagre rating. I'd never rate one myself, though...

Gilgαmesh

I'm going to be honest with you: I don't rate threads because I don't feel that they really get taken into consideration when one really judges which thread is a "good" thread to post in or not. We all have our own seperate opinions on what makes a good thread, and as influential as it might possibly be, going by the opinions of others and and whatnot on a specific thread, you would much rather check out that certain thread yourself and create your own opinion about it, right?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I can probably count the number of threads I've bothered to rate in the past on one hand. :/
Cut off all my fingers and that's how many threads I've rated since first joining the forum. I don't think I've ever rated any threads much less pay any attention to ratings.

Years
I rarely rate threads. I usually only rate if I see a thread that's usually high quality clearly getting down-voted by someone who hates the people who frequent it. Though I usually don't notice if a thread has a rating or not anymore.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Completely forgot you could actually rate threads.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
...You can rate threads?

Well, I guess I've pretty much answered this question. No, I don't rate threads (because I wasn't even aware of the possibility). To be honest, I don't see why I would.

moments.

quixotic
Years
I think I've only ever rated one thread for the reason Nica stated, to bump up someone's stupid and unfairly low rating.
But yeah, even if a thread is rated, most of the time I don't think I even notice... And I don't think a rating should influence whether or not we read a thread anyways... Most of the time, it doesn't even give a clear indication of the value of that thread, because if one person rates it one star, it pretty much drops down a lot simply because barely anybody rates...

Back