• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grass Pokemon of the Week

Jason

Banned
Years
Grass Pokemon of the Week - September 9th 2003
Grovyle.

Discuss about him.

I just looooooovvveee Grovyle.

Im the only one to chose the pokemon, not you.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Stop me :D

Bayleef. I like all the 2nd stage starters. Grovyle was neat looking in the game, but in the anime and sugimori pic its eyes look sleepy.

Jason

Banned
Years
LMAO. I change the rulle, thois is now the thread to talk about ALL kind of Grass, Bug and Poison-type Pokemon! HAHAHAHA... This reminds me of Green Star City in myu romhack...HAAHAHAHA

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
I like Grovyle, but I prefer Treecko to it, it beats weird Sceptile though O.o;;

I love Bayleef. It's so adorable in the anime and pretty good in the games too. I really like it's evolution too.

I dislike battling against grass types in the game, they always suck my life and give me status ailments, although I enjoy doing it to other people *evil grin*

My favorite grass/bug/poision types are Tangela, Meganium, Butterfree, and Ledian XD.

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
Years
Ah yes, Grovyle. ^_^ My favorite of the line. Leaf Blade is god of all. I wish that other grass types could learn it, though. It's about the only good grass type move nowadays (some may argue Magical Leaf because of its swift-like-ness or Solar Beam because of its infinitesmal amount of power but I meant attack power wise. Plus, Leaf Blade doesn't require you waste a turn on charging or on sunny day. AGH.) and It's NOT OK that only one line learns it.

Grass types sadly are one of the most picked-on types out there. Grass needs a Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam like move which would be strong and reliable, and needs less weaknesses. Poison, especially. It's just pointless considering a lot of grass types are half poison anyway.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Grovyle is indeed the best one out of the Treecko line i say. It's a cool and tough looking Pokemon too. But too bad toughness and coolness don't appeal to me *hugs Chikorita... Aaww it's so kawaii!*

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
Years
I don't know why, but there's something about the Official Art/anime Grovyle which annoys me. It's that drowsy expression, daiyamit. As Ivee here mentioned, its eyes in the game look a lot better. And i'd prefer those leaves of its to still be blue. ^^; But Grovyle is rather nifty in the anime otherwise.

Chiko is cute, and its learning Razor Leaf at an early level IS helpful. Now if only Gold/Silver/Crystal wasn't so freakin' Biased against Grass-types. -_-

I still prefer Bayleef and Meganium though. Sauropods! W00t!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
my fave Grass-type in the game is the whole Treecko line (Sceptile is my favorite of all the fully-evolved starters...)
Victreebel and Cacturne are next on my list...

as far as poison and bug-types go, my favorites are Crobat, Venomoth, Butterfree, Dustox, and Haunter...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Favorite Grass/Bug/Poison types:

Bulbasaur line
Chikorita line
Grovyle
Shiftry
Banagium, I mean, Tropius
Victreebel (very good in the Blue game)
Nidoran lines, both sexes
Ledian
Exeggutor
Seviper
Scyther
Shedinja ^_^
Heracross
Breloom

I'd like to see these type mixes:

Grass/Ground
Grass/Ghost
Grass/Electric
Grass/Fire
Poison/Dark
Bug/Dark
Bug/Psychic
Bug with anything really
All of these mixed with Dragon

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
Okay, I may as well list my favorites :D

Breloom (How could I have forgetton it? It's my favorite grass type ^_^)
Butterfree
Nidoran Male Line
Ledian
Ninjask
Weepinbell! I like Victrebell too, but I prefer Weepy
Bulbasaur Line, besides Venu
Chikorita line
Cacturne

Back