PDA

View Full Version : Ah yes another Newb

Hyperlust
April 21st, 2011, 01:41 AM
Alright, since I'm pretty poor at these intro posts, I'm going to keep this short.

I'm Anneke, 21 and from New Zealand.

aaaaand thats all.

Ciao.
:knockedou

Misheard Whisper
April 21st, 2011, 02:13 AM
Hey, Anneke! Welcome to PC! I'm from the best country in the world, too! Which part of NZ do you hail from?

Hyperlust
April 21st, 2011, 02:47 AM
Hey, Anneke! Welcome to PC! I'm from the best country in the world, too! Which part of NZ do you hail from?

I'm from Hamilton! What about you?

Misheard Whisper
April 21st, 2011, 02:48 AM
:D HAMILTON BUDDIES! *hugs*

I'm a Hamilton boy, born and raised (mostly). Spent a few years in Blenheim, but came back before too long.

So what are your Pokemon interests? Video games? TCG? The anime?

Hyperlust
April 21st, 2011, 02:53 AM
Wow, it really is a small world! Video Games and an intense amount of DVDs haha. What about you?

Misheard Whisper
April 21st, 2011, 02:59 AM
A small world indeed. My area is video games, though I tend to focus on writing more often, which is a lesser appreciated aspect of the forums, I feel. The fanfiction section here is great! XD

Hyperlust
April 21st, 2011, 03:04 AM
I can't say i've ever read pokemon fanfiction. For a beginner like myself, where should I start in terms of stories? :)

Misheard Whisper
April 21st, 2011, 03:09 AM
Well, because I can never pass up a chance for free advertising, I'll link you to my current fic (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249913), but that's just my ego showing. Allow me to introduce to you the Fan Fiction and Writing forum (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20). It's not quite as active now as it has been, but it's a friendly group. Pick up a story off the first page and have a go. The ones with more posts in them tend to be longer-running, and as such, enduring, which means that they tend to be a little better quality on the whole. There is, of course, no ubiquitous measure of quality in regards to length.

Established authors that come with my personal recommendation include JX Valentine, Breezy, Dragonfree, Mizan de la Plume Kuro and Bay Alexison.

EDIT: Oops, quitting now so I don't clog up the thread. Sorry, mod peoples! D:

Hyperlust
April 21st, 2011, 03:14 AM
Well alright then! When I have some spare time tomorrow I may to indulge in some stories, including yours!

Sergent_elite
April 21st, 2011, 03:26 AM
welcome to pc hope you have a good time

Hyperlust
April 21st, 2011, 03:29 AM
Thank you Rionix and Sergent_elite!