PDA

View Full Version : Pretty much, super new.

Molts
April 21st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Allo! This is my first experience into any Pokemon community... ever. I've been playing the games for 12 years, but I've only just learned about breeding and the smaller intricacies of the games. I nearly exclusively just played with a few of my friends casually before the current time.

But now that I've really been reading a lot about mechanics like EV's, egg moves, natures and all that sort of thing I've really fallen in love with Pokemon in a newer light. I used to just be a collector catching without any real care of the little things that makes them unique, but now I really like breeding for nature's and just the small refinements give such a feeling of accomplishment. It's a new sense of accomplishment than just catching them, since I never really battled with any serious determination.

Since I was inspired by my new sense of renewal, I had planned to complete the nation Pokedex, when I had learned of the GTS it was fantastic, and I could get so many Pokemon I just didn't have access to very easily. Though, I didn't have the luxury of actually having a community, to really evolve with and really understand the value of each Pokemon has to each person, and how much effect some people put into raising truly outstanding creatures.

So with that I decided to join this collective of really inspiring people. Hopefully this isn't to rant-ish, but I wanted to really introduce myself, and my goals. :D

Kyoko
April 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
whooo for other people who have played the games for over a decade!

Hello :D

Welcome to PC! It was a good idea to join a forum since a lot of people are into all that fancy stuff in the games like shineys and EV's (it always went over my head haha).

Hope you have fun here~

Molts
April 21st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Aye, I got my old red version 12 years ago(still have it somewhere in the house). Played all the games since then in every generation, though not every version. (eg, didn't play ruby, but I had sapphire). I mostly am inspired by the concept of EV's, how you can perfectly raise a Pokemon for a purpose of greatness. I've never done it myself though. Plus I'm in awe of people who have multiple shines. XD
Most appreciative of the welcome.

Lily
April 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
That's really inspiring to read. Makes me want to play again with newer, more specific goals in mind and a better appreciation for Pokemon. Enjoy your time in this community. I am pretty sure you will; as Pokemon communities go, this is one of the best ones, in my opinion. =]

Exile
April 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Wow, that was a pretty interesting read. You sound like you'd make a good trader, breeding for EVs, hunting for shinies and whatnot. If you're ever interested in becoming one, the trade corner is right here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161). Anyhow, welcome to PC, hopefully you have a great experience here.

Zorua
April 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Heya Molts, welcome to PC~! It's really nice that you introduced yourself in that manner, and it didn't really sound like a rant at all, really, and I'm really glad that you've decided to join this community full of awesome and amazing people(such as Hiidoran, our amazing moderator to this very section that you post in). ♥

I'm surprised that people like you actually have enough patience to aim to complete the Pokedex, because that's something I could honestly never do even if I tried. ;___;

Kenshin5
April 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Welcome to PC Molts. Personally I would never recommend GTS as a route to take when trading pokemon. The offers are generally outrageous even to whatever degree the pokemon is worth to them. A Patrat for a Zekrom not too much of a valid trade there. If you are looking for a trading environment that will actually get you some where Trade Corner would be the place to go, and if you are starting out you might want to check out Quick Trade Thread first. If you have D/P/Pt you can try Radaring for shinies to increase you chance of finding them.

Molts
April 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Oh wow, I'm very glad that you we're inspired by my post. Glad my plan of really introducing myself has been met with success.

As I did mention, I've never had anything near a real community with Pokemon my entire life, so the GTS was this whole new world to me. I understand now that its not a main source for well composed trades, since you can't really say what you're really looking for, nor see what they really have to offer.

I have a great interest in breeding and trading so I'll definitely make my way over to the trade corner. I do have access to most Pokemon on my own, but there's a lot that a single person can ever really acquire.

Thank you all for the joyous welcome, its most appreciated.