PDA

View Full Version : Good day!

Veretté
April 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
My name is Verett, or Veretté, whichever you prefer. I like to play games (obviously), build, draw... I'm also interested in ROM hacking. So I will probably be making one. I'll see.

Meganium
April 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hi there! Welcome to the PokeCommunity! Glad to see a ROM hacker joining us. As you can see, PC has an extensive ROM hacking board, and it's pretty large too. Even if you are just a beginner, you're not alone! You can start at the Beginner's Lounge, where you can start getting advice from other beginners as well as the pros. The Emulation board also had a good tutorials board, as well as all the tools you need. Sooner or later you'll be on your way to making the hack you always wanted!

Well, hope you're comfortable here, and be sure to ask a staff member if you have any questions. They're more than happy to listen! Read the rules and the FAQ since they're pretty important for you to follow. Most importantly, have fun! See ya around! :)

Reck
April 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hey welcome to PC! I'm glad to see your interested in rom hacking, and since your a drawer maybe you should try spriting out for size, we always need those around, so check out the pixel art section and see what you think. And enjoy your stay at PC!

Lily
April 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
With all the people who introduce themselves with rom hacking, it makes me curious how it is. I should try it out sometimes. Like Meganium said, the board is fairly big.

Welcome to PC!

Veretté
April 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Glad to see a ROM hacker joining us. As you can see, PC has an extensive ROM hacking board, and it's pretty large too. Even if you are just a beginner, you're not alone! You can start at the Beginner's Lounge, where you can start getting advice from other beginners as well as the pros. The Emulation board also had a good tutorials board, as well as all the tools you need. Sooner or later you'll be on your way to making the hack you always wanted!
I saw, yes. I'm kind of experienced at ROM hacking, so I don't think I'll have to ask for advice right now, but I'll keep it in mind for later.
I'm glad to see your interested in rom hacking, and since your a drawer maybe you should try spriting out for size, we always need those around, so check out the pixel art section and see what you think.
There's a pixel art section? Interesting, I'll probably post some stuff on there.
With all the people who introduce themselves with rom hacking, it makes me curious how it is.
It's pretty nice! I remember as a kid, I always wanted to make my own Pokémon or Mario game. I think a lot of kids did the same. Now it's pretty easy to do so, and if you're really good at it, it practically becomes a completely different game.

And thanks for the welcomes.

Mr Cat Dog
April 24th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I didn't even realise how big the ROM Hacking forums were until a few weeks ago: they are hee-uuuuge with a capital 'H'. I'm sure you'll find something that that takes your fancy.

Welcome to PC. Enjoy your time and, if you get sick of ROM Hacking, don't forget to check out some of the other forums as well!