PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who

Mr Cat Dog
April 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Doctor_Who_2010_title.jpg

The first episode of the new season has just finished up in the UK (and airs in a few hours in the US), so I guess this is the place to talk about it, if you want. Here's a synopsis of the first ep:

The Impossible Astronaut: TARDIS blue envelopes, containing a position, date and time direct The Doctor, River Song, Amy and Rory to meet in Utah in the 1960s. They make a trip to the Oval Office in Washington, D.C. This episode will feature the 'Silence'.

What did everyone think?

Spherical Ice
April 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
It's... awesome. I can't really put it into words, but that episode is defnitely a good one. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens.

I'm pretty sure the little girl is one of those aliens in disguise - where River and Rory are looks just like the TARDIS from The Lodger which had the shape-shifting alien that tried to make "matches". Still, it's interesting to know that the Doctor knows when River is going to die and River knows when the Doctor's going to die.

Lily
April 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I didn't watch it yet! I didn't even know it aired. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, though. <3

Zet
April 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I'll be watching it very shortly and I'm currently too excited for my very own well being. Season 6 will definitely be one of the best... probably even the greatest Doctor Who season ever.

Esper
April 23rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
Watched the latest episode a few hours ago and I was pretty satisfied. Crazy plot that promises all kinds of twists. Gonna be a lot of fun. The only down side is that I'm watching, and have been watching, seasons 5 and 6 with two friends who feel like it's really disappointing while I'm enjoying it completely.

So who's in the spacesuit? Is it River like we're supposed to assume because we've heard how she's in prison for killing someone and she knows the Doctor's future? Do we get to find out in the next episode or not until the end of the season? Also, the whole pregnancy thing was sooo obvious.

Zet
April 24th, 2011, 01:21 AM
First episode was good, but will The Doctor ever get the fez he asked for?

Nuke
April 24th, 2011, 02:19 AM
It was a good episode although it seemed like everything moved pretty slowly until the last few minutes.

Lily
April 24th, 2011, 02:55 AM
I just watched it! And must I say...

This season's gonna be a blast. At first I thought the girl in the suit was Amy's future daughter or something. I really can't wait until the next episode. <3 Also, monsters that make you forget as soon as you face away? No thank you.

The Eagle
April 24th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I thought it was epic yet slightly boring
The aliens looked kinda creepy and I didn't understand why the doctor was 1100 odds years old when i know him to be 908 but then i understood, gonna be good though

Rich Boy Rob
April 24th, 2011, 07:51 AM
It was awesome.
I should probably elaborate...
Not sure whether I prefer the idea of opening with a double parter yet, but it definitely allows for a greater story. Still trying to get my head around who is in the suit when it kills future-doctor and how they will avert that without causing a paradox.
As for Amy's pregnancy, I'm still not sure whether the stomach-aches that she and River have been experiencing due to The Silence mean she really is or not and if she is, whether its a normal pregnancy.
Too. Many. Questions.

Definitely set up to be a great series.

Mr Cat Dog
April 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I've got a blog review coming up slightly later, but on the whole I liked it without loving it. I liked River and Rory but not Amy or Nixon, if that makes any sense. It also felt like there was slightly too much set-up and not enough action... but hopefully the next episode will deal with these concerns. Looks good, at least, from the previews!

Spherical Ice
April 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think the fact that Amy shot the girl in the spacesuit is why it kills the Doctor.

Zet
April 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM
If you want to spoil yourself, just head over to the Doctor Who facebook page to see all the spoiler pics. I know that the BBC had some spoiler pics up before part 1 aired. :x

Crystalized
April 30th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Lol, shows how far Australia is behind because it finished 15 minutes ago over here.

But yeah, it was pretty good. Lol how the doctor makes Rory's codename "The Nose".

Mr Cat Dog
April 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I'm so happy this thread has received the response it has. It warms my heart, it does! Anyhoo, here's the synopsis for the next episode, due to air in the UK in just under half an hour:

Day of the Moon: The FBI are looking for Amy, Rory and River Song. The world has been occupied by the Silence and they can trust no one. The Doctor is trapped.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I hope this one is significantly better than the première. Well, I live in hope!

lx_theo
April 30th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Oh, Doctor Who. Who think I might like it?

In this year's return of the bow tie, I enjoyed the opener thoroughly. It wasn't great though. The pacing was just okay, and a number of the plot devices Moffat is using are starting to become a bit overused. Besides that, I loved it. The cliffhanger was ruined by the trailer for the next one though.

I expect The Day of the Moon to be considerably better though. While the first one was very good, it felt like it was more leading up to a great 2nd episode than trying to be one on its own.

Rich Boy Rob
April 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGWTFBBQ!
Screw every other moment of that episode for minute, let's talk about mini-Pond here.
So she's Amy's daughter, but gained regeneration powers from exposure to the time vortex in utero? I need to see the rest of this NOW.
I really want to see where the series takes this story arc to get to the point it was at in Ep 1.

In other news, I liked the way they defeated the Silents(ence?) by using their hypnosis against them.
Also, it's about time we got an episode with pirates/old world sailors in it.
I actually can't think of anything to say about this episode not related to mini-Pond's regeneration

Nuke
April 30th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I just realised what your avatar is, Rob.

It was a good episode and tied up the loose ends of the last episode nicely. This is already shaping up to become a pretty interesting series.

I'm a bit bored of the subtle hints toward something throughout the series though, 'Bad Wolf', 'Torchwood, 'Vote Saxon', 'The general appearances of Rose', 'Cracks in the wall', 'The silence' etc. Stop it!

Mew~
April 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
^ Heh, I guess it does get a bit interesting. Although this time ithe silence was mentioned though both series 5 and 6. :3

Is it just me or is that Girl, Amy and the Doctors child...? Or is it what Rob said? xD

Mr Cat Dog
April 30th, 2011, 01:10 PM
THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Sooooooo much better than last week's. All the stuff I didn't like - whiny Amy, on the nose dialogue, Matt Smith's kookiness up to 11 - was just gone and in its place was just a cracking episode of Doctor Who. In parts creepy, in other parts exciting, with a cliffhanger even more shocking that the last one. Bee-you-tiful!

Giga Flare
April 30th, 2011, 04:06 PM
This season is off to a good start. The new episode was awesome. My favorite character has to be Rory or the Doctor.

Crimson5M
April 30th, 2011, 04:54 PM
This episode was amazing. I really cannot wait to find out more about:
the girl who regenerated at the end. Maybe we'll find out in the last episode of the series? We're supposed to find out who River is this series. Maybe they're related?

The Void
April 30th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Did you guys know Elizabeth Sladen, who portrayed Sarah Jane Smith, died on April 19, 2011? I read the Doctor Who people are making something special in honor of her...

Oh and as you may already know, the day after she died, a new season began...

Zet
April 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM
This episode was amazing. I really cannot wait to find out more about:
the girl who regenerated at the end. Maybe we'll find out in the last episode of the series? We're supposed to find out who River is this series. Maybe they're related?

Looks like you need to re-watch the episode to know who the little girl is. :P

I have to say that part 2 was definitely much better than part 1 and the next episode looks great from the sneak peak trailer.

Lily
April 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
About to watch it now~ =) Reading everyone's posts here (except for spoilers), I am EXCITED. Have a funny feeling it's going to leave me wow'd. Doctor Who usually does that.

/hops off

lx_theo
April 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Did you guys know Elizabeth Sladen, who portrayed Sarah Jane Smith, died on April 19, 2011? I read the Doctor Who people are making something special in honor of her...

I could have sworn I heard about it a few days before the season began. In fact, I'm almost sure I did. Anyways, they had a tribute that went along with the 1st episode, so that story has moved on.

I have to say, I really like the episode. It is hard to feel decisiveness for how much i like it, though. All the new questions that it creates can do that.

Zeffy
April 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I should watch the new series. I don't have any other way of watching it than online streaming though, because Doctor Who isn't available here in our country.

I'm going to watch it now~!
I hope its as awesome as before!

.Wolfie-kun.
May 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM
Last night's was amazing, some answers but so many more questions. This series has been great so far!

Esper
May 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
I'm a bit bored of the subtle hints toward something throughout the series though, 'Bad Wolf', 'Torchwood, 'Vote Saxon', 'The general appearances of Rose', 'Cracks in the wall', 'The silence' etc. Stop it!
This. But otherwise aaaahhhh sooo good! @_@!!! I can't wait to end of the season.

So if "silence will fall" does that mean the freaky aliens are going to loose even though they already seem to be beaten? Or are they still around and hiding? And if they fall doesn't that mean good things for the Earth and not something bad like they imply when they say "silence will falll"? Or would it mean something worse will come along? Argh!

Wild speculation: River is Amy and Rory's descendant, maybe even their own daughter, and she's the little girl who became a time lord after being exposed to something in the Tardis in utero. After all, we know when the Doctor first meets River, but not when River first meets the Doctor.

Lily
May 2nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
^ homg that speculation.. it already blows my mind.

The whole romance thing kind of saddens me. I don't know why, I feel bad for Rory and the stuff that he heard from Amy. And the thing about River's last kiss.. Her death the last season comes to mind, very vividly. =[

Ninja Caterpie
May 2nd, 2011, 02:01 AM
Some more Wild Solo Guessing.

If I think about how easily the "Silents" were defeated, It feels like these Silence/Silents aren't actually that related to the "Silence Will Fall" arc words, and might just be a red herring.

Oh, and in the situation she's in, wouldn't the little girl who can regenerate... run out of regenerations? She doesn't know how she's doing it or what's causing it, so she just thinks she can go around not dying. Although they could easily make it a non-issue by stating that somehow she has INFINITE REGENERATIONS, but that would be weird imo.

Spherical Ice
May 2nd, 2011, 02:54 AM
Well, I think "silence will fall" is meaning that the Silence (plural of Silent, not Silents.) will survive and kill everything (i.e cause silence), otherwise Prisoner Zero could've just said "The Silence will fall" if it was referring to the actual species dying.

I agree that the scene where River kills all the Silence was a bit cheesy and probably didn't solve the problem. To think that we're all mass murderers without knowing it is pretty damned awesome though. :D

Regarding the little girl...I'm not sure she is River. Don't you think that's exactly what Moffat wants us to think (seeing as we don't know who River is, and don't know who the girl is, so River = the girl) so I'm taking that theory with a pinch of salt here.

Anyway, The Curse of the Black Spot seems really cool. I've always wanted a pirate/old world sailor-based episode, so woot. And it's a pretty awesome homage to Pirates of the Carribean too, which is nice :D.

But yes I agree, this season is gonna kick ass.

This post is completely rubbish if you want no spoilers. Moving on...

Nuke
May 2nd, 2011, 03:08 AM
I'm not so sure about the pirate episode.

I can't wait for James Corden's return later in the series.

Thomas
May 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
OMG, the new season premiere was so amazing. Season 6 is going to be epic, but I almost want to just wait for all of it to air to watch it. That is what I did last season...and I love watching it all in order, but I don't think I have the determination to do it again. xD

Mr Cat Dog
May 7th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Well, here's a synopsis of the upcoming 'pirate' episode:

The Curse of the Black Spot: Aboard a 17th-century pirate ship, the Doctor needs to win the trust of Captain Avery as his friends start to be influenced by a beautiful and mysterious mermaid-like siren.

I'll be honest, I'm not massively looking forward to this one... hopefully I'll be proven wrong!

Nuke
May 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Well, I was pleasantly surprised, it was a fairly good episode.

Whoever that women talking to Amy through the wall was, I'm guessing she's going to be a hint to the season finale again. GO AWAY ANNOYING HINTS!!!

Oh, and that should have been the first episode rather than the two-parter.

Don't know what to think about next episode except, give the Ood a rest seriously.

Mr Cat Dog
May 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I was pleasantly surprised too! For one thing, it was surprising how dark and poignant it was for a standalone ep. I liked Hugh Bonneville and Lily Cole a lot, as well as how it blended the historical elements with the sci-fi stuff towards the end. A nice surprise!

Spherical Ice
May 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Loved this episode, was a nice twist on pirates. :D
As for the next episode, just by the way the Doctor said to that woman "You're not my mother" makes me think she is.
Also, going back to the previous episode, the time girl, if the Doctor is going to meet her, that means they'll have to return to 1969, because how would she manage time travel?

Crimson5M
May 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I was actually surprised with this episode. I thought it was going to be meh, but it wasn't meh, it was actually pretty good. I liked how Rory almost died at the end, and how Amy had to bring him back to life. And the captain trying to keep the crown that ended up in the Siren coming and taking Toby was pretty good too. Can't wait for next episode.

Zet
May 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
The pirate episode was great and the return of the Ood in the next episode is surely to be an excellent episode!

Ninja Caterpie
May 8th, 2011, 01:24 AM
I liked the episode, but... how did I guess like half of the stuff happening? I mean, I almost guessed the 'teleported into a different plane' kinda thing because Moffat's episodes and series' always pull an 'everyone lives' kinda thing. Aside from that, it was pretty good.

Also I watched the comic relief episodes Space and Time; they were hilarious.

Spherical Ice
May 8th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Regarding the "Hatch Lady," I think she's Amy's midwife - "No, she must be dreaming" probably refers to her saying something in her sleep when at the hospital and "Don't worry, you're doing fine" is probably reffering to giving birth. Or I'm overthinking it.

Esper
May 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hey, what's up with having a pretty good episode for our first filler of the season? I was expecting something a lot less entertaining, but as much as I could see every twist coming I still never felt like I was wasting my time on a sub-par episode. It was fun.

Really looking forward to the next episode.

Regarding the "Hatch Lady," I think she's Amy's midwife - "No, she must be dreaming" probably refers to her saying something in her sleep when at the hospital and "Don't worry, you're doing fine" is probably reffering to giving birth. Or I'm overthinking it.
I was thinking along the same lines, or perhaps that

that she's in some mental institution where they're trying to convince her the Doctor et al isn't real, that she's never had a baby, etc.

Ninja Caterpie
May 9th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Oh my god, Scarf, you ninja! That's exactly what I was about to say! Including the bit about expecting all the twists! They were... kinda obvious lol. Reminded me a bit of Amy's Choice there at parts.

Last series was legit, up until the moment the Doctor appeared at the wedding. He stopped existing ever, so he doesn't. Amy's carted off to a mental institution (possibly with Rory, who would also remember) where she starts hallucinating these latest adventuress. The hatch is her slowly trying to wake from her eternal dream.

lx_theo
May 11th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Next episode, The Doctor's Wife, is getting huge praise from press and such that have seen it early.

Mr Cat Dog
May 14th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'm not entirely sure about how I feel about this latest episode. I certainly liked it, although maybe I was just expecting something more given the pedigree of the writer and people involved... Let's see how others respond to it. Here's a synopsis:

The Doctor's Wife: In the hope of finding another Time Lord the Doctor responds to a distress signal. Greeted warmly by Auntie, Uncle and Nephew, Idris' welcome is unusual.

Nuke
May 14th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I don't know what to think, it just seemed all round average but, with the storyline it had, it could have been much better.

It was neither impressive nor terrible.

I don't know what to think about next week's ep either.

Mew~
May 15th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Why didn't the Doctor just snap his fingers to open the Tardis. :\

Esper
May 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Only just saw it now. Had to post something.

I loved this episode. I was sort of expecting something from the darker side of Neil Gaiman's mind, but having something like this was just as good. There was a lot in it I liked. Hearing him read excerpts from the script a few times in the confidential with that kind of musical beat in the background was great, too. I'd love to hear him read the whole episode.

Rory and Amy's run through the Tardis and the creepy things the House made them face like an old man Rory. The old console room (although I was kind of hoping for one of the older ones). The little hints about the circumstances in which the Doctor stole the Tardis, or as she put, when she stole the Doctor. And the confirmation that time lords can change genders when they regenerate, which I'm sure is going to cause a whole lot more speculation about who's going to play Doctor #12.

And then there were the little things, like how the ad hoc console materialized on Nephew and essentially vaporized him. Creepy and gross, but kind of interesting to think about if you wonder what would happen if the Tardis tried to appear where something else was standing.

Why didn't the Doctor just snap his fingers to open the Tardis. :\
He tried to, but it didn't do anything.

Ninja Caterpie
May 15th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I liked it, personally. It was one of those lighter episodes and I reckon it did well at that. The next episode though... that one's not gonna be so light. Speaking of which, next one's the doppelganger. About the doppelgangers. Heh, geddit? double-episode about the... yeah.

TEN'S CONSOLE ROOM! And Idris was hilariously awesome in conjunction with the Doctor.

Also there was no eye-patch lady... was there?

Mr Cat Dog
May 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Lalalalalalalala... haven't seen the episode yet! Fingers in ears and all that. Here's a synopsis:

The Rebel Flesh: In a factory in Earth's future, the Doctor finds humans using clones to perform dangerous tasks.

Also, a note on spoilers. It's great that people are using them, but they're only necessary for things that haven't happened in episodes as of yet. There's no real need for them if you're speculating about stuff that's been in the episode. If you're talking about stuff on the 'Next Time', that'd go under spoilers, though.

Nuke
May 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I thought that was the first good episode of the series.

It probably could have been done in one part though.

Esper
May 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
I agree. There was a bit of a rocky start and some of the dialogue was off, but otherwise a good episode. Loved the creepy makeup. It did feel like they were padding it to make a 2-parter though. I'm getting a little weary of the pregnancy reminder and the woman in the wall. Thought they were going to do something with the latter since it was in the preview last week.

I think I can guess at least one thing that going to happen in the next episode.Amy or Rory will get splashed with acid and *shock* we'll find out they were actually duplicates. Then we'll find out that all the people there were duplicates from the start.

Ninja Caterpie
May 23rd, 2011, 02:59 AM
Double trouble... again. Insert kaboom.

Nuke
May 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I think I can guess at least one thing that going to happen in the next episode.Amy or Rory will get splashed with acid and *shock* we'll find out they were actually duplicates. Then we'll find out that all the people there were duplicates from the start.

Close enough.

It was a pretty odd ending to the episode, I wonder where they'll go with the next episode.

Nintendork15
May 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I have not seen part 2 of the clone episodes.
But 2 doctors is just banter xD.
As for the actual series it seems to be one for the history books.
the fact that we know when the doctor will die and Amy wants to stop it is good.
and it's a two part series. one in spring one in autumn.

P.S I LOVE DOCTOR WHO
xD

Esper
May 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
"Reverse the jelly baby of the neutron flow."

Totally did not see that ending. That's a lot darker than I expected, and this is already such a dark season for Doctor Who.

It's still really creepy to have someone melt you and make you wake up on a tube, about to give birth, with some stranger watching you. Stuff of nightmares. So when did Amy get copied? In the orphanage? Are the people who took her working with the Silents/Silence? Is the Doctor copy going to come back and become the little girl? Will there be two Doctors later one, one of which will die, and if so which? Argh, so many questions.

I'm kind of looking forward to some Doctor and Rory adventuring though. Rory's turning out to be a more interesting companion, I think.

Ninja Caterpie
May 29th, 2011, 11:30 PM
That episode was holy crap on top of holy crap.

It's interesting now that the Doctor knows Amy, Rory and River saw his future self actually die. That could provide something... interesting.

Also, I want to express my surprise at the actual death of someone in a Moffat-produced episode. Someone died and it wasn't a plot point. Attempting to recall an episode where there wasn't Everyone Lives...

In terms of Amy, I'm pretty sure the thing was before the start of this series, as she thought she was pregnant at the end of episode 1 and she saw the Eye Patch Lady in the next episode.

The trailer for the next episode is awesome. It appears Rory is finally trying to shed his 'dolittle Butt Monkey' and 'Mr Pond' titles. I mean, seriously, he's 'died' like 5 times, been removed from existence, been cheated on by his fiancee, killed said fiancee and is pretty much the only recurring character ever to not get a proper Crowning Moment of Awesome.

5.1, he stands around doing nothing
5.2-5.5 he's not there, but he gets -almost- cheated on
5.6, he stands around doing nothing
5.7, he 'dies' but otherwise stands around doing nothing
5.8-5.9, he does basically the only cool thing he'll do this series, then dies and is removed from existence
5.10-5.11, he doesn't exist
5.12-5.13, he kills his fiancee, then gets his first Crowning Moment, of Heartwarming. He does shut down a Dalek though. Then he stands around doing nothing.

6.1-6.2, he stands around doing nothing, for the most part
6.3, he stands around being attracted to the Siren
6.4, he does something of his own accord, for once
6.5-6.6, he does something proper and Arthur Darvill gets his first bit of proper [emotional] acting rather than standing around stone-faced

Mew~
May 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Meh, the ending was better then really the whole flesh two parter...

I just saw the preview for the next episode, looks great, but it looks like were gonna have to wait till september to see the second part, as they're stopping mid-series for a break. (for the UK that is)

Theres been a little speculation on who the woman with the eye patch might be...
The Rani, if you don't have a clue who she is, google her up. xD

Spherical Ice
June 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
....wow...

I...um...

I sort of noticed that Melody Pond and River Song was similar, but still...wow.
Also..."Let's Kill Hitler"? Sounds...interesting. Gaaah

Nuke
June 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
A good end to the half of the series and the twist was still slightly unexpected.

Lets Kill Hitler is the second part of that episode, how the hell could they be related?

Mew~
June 4th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Woah, wow, woah.

I did actually realise the resemblance between the names also, but it was still a massive shock to me. I have to say, what a great episode. :D Can't wait to watch "Lets kill Hitler" xD

Ninja Caterpie
June 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Holy cow.

I didn't get the resemblance, but it was being suggested; I mean, it's heavily implied she kills the Doctor and that Amy's child kills the Doctor, so... huh. That kinda makes Amy the Doctor's mother-in-law in a way, which is really awkward though.

Like I expected though, there was no real cliffhanger at the end of the episode. It had a fairly solid ending, so there's nothing we'll be going "ARGH WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!" to.

Now we just have to wait a few months. :(

Esper
June 5th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Let's just put everything in spoilers.

I really liked how this episode started: the Doctor gathering a bunch of people to help him, Rory getting to act badass, and the fake out about who the baby's father was. Then having him be one of the monks in disguise - you totally see it coming but it's still a lot of fun. I also really liked that side character who just wanted to meet the Doctor again. That was kind of touching and sad.

As soon as they let us know it was a trap I suspected the baby would be a flesh baby although I didn't think they'd actually do that on television. You know, showing a baby going plop even if they didn't show it show it. And River being Amy's daughter, yeah, I was pretty convinced that was the case even before this episode and when River said she wouldn't help I knew it was because she couldn't interfere in her own history so... as soon as I heard the name Melody, yeah.

I wish the Doctor had answered about whether he had children. He had a "granddaughter" when the series was first made, but maybe that's just because the Doctor was played by an old man then.

And Time Lords only becoming Time Lords by exposure to the, was it the time vortex or something like that? That's new, I think. It means there was a little hanky panky on the Tardis, and on bunk beds, too.

Richard Nixon
June 5th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Warning! You might be disguisted if you read this spoiler: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiZFDjnhg2xNX2MUe21am6XpWKsSUvIMlIdfaW3TWlEmLZdPImUL2UCaMq

Pyrax
June 5th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Did anyone see Doctor Who the movie or any of the other specials a few weeks ago?
They were airing on "Watch".

Nuke
June 5th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Let's just put everything in spoilers.

I really liked how this episode started: the Doctor gathering a bunch of people to help him, Rory getting to act badass, and the fake out about who the baby's father was. Then having him be one of the monks in disguise - you totally see it coming but it's still a lot of fun. I also really liked that side character who just wanted to meet the Doctor again. That was kind of touching and sad.

As soon as they let us know it was a trap I suspected the baby would be a flesh baby although I didn't think they'd actually do that on television. You know, showing a baby going plop even if they didn't show it show it. And River being Amy's daughter, yeah, I was pretty convinced that was the case even before this episode and when River said she wouldn't help I knew it was because she couldn't interfere in her own history so... as soon as I heard the name Melody, yeah.

I wish the Doctor had answered about whether he had children. He had a "granddaughter" when the series was first made, but maybe that's just because the Doctor was played by an old man then.

And Time Lords only becoming Time Lords by exposure to the, was it the time vortex or something like that? That's new, I think. It means there was a little hanky panky on the Tardis, and on bunk beds, too.

Technically he does have a daughter even though she was made by cloning.

IceSage
June 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM

The Doctor has stated on MANY occasions that he's had children and is a dad. "Grandfather" isn't a magical title Susan appointed him, he really is a grandfather.

Ninja Caterpie
June 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM
The thing is though, because they're all dead (or, well, stuck in a bubble of timey wimey whatever it is), he doesn't exactly want to remember them.