PDA

View Full Version : Series Of Unfortunate Events

PokeX
December 14th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Dear Reader,
I hope, for your sake, that you have not chosen to join this fan club because you are in the mood for a pleasant experience. If this is the case, I advise you to leave this thread instantaneously, because of all the clubs about the Series of Unfortunate Events books, this one might be the unhappiest yet.
With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket
Lemony Snicket

Well, that was copied and edited from The Miserable Mill by "Lemony Snicket."

If you don't already know, Lemony Snicket is not a real man. The actual author is the editor which Lemony Snicket sends letters too about his next book.

JOIN THE CLUB TODAY!

MY AIM S/N IS: EnsisX
I'm on once in a while

Stripes
December 14th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Count me in I love reading those books.

PokeX
December 15th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Yey! A member!

WELCOME!

If you want, you could be the co-owner...

Stripes
December 15th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Sure I'll be a dreadful co-owner.

PokeX
December 16th, 2004, 01:49 PM
lol, ok

{message too short}

-Riyuko-
December 16th, 2004, 01:52 PM
PokeX, please dont bypass the character limit. ^^;

And, I would love to join this club. ^^ I have read the whole series, including The Grim Grotto, which recently came out. I'm looking forward to reading the next books, and seeing the movie! =3

PokeX
December 16th, 2004, 03:45 PM
character limit?

Ok. Great! 2 members! I'm working on a banner. it won't be perfect, but it'll be o.k. i'm only using paint

EDIT: http://img95.exs.cx/img95/2619/banner0wq.gif http://img95.exs.cx/img95/2619/banner0wq.gif

TB Pro
December 17th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Can I join I have read 1,2,3,4,5 and I am working on 6!I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE those books!

Roxas
December 17th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I freakin love the book! I've read books 1-9! Can I join? Can I? Can I? Can I? XD

Stripes
December 17th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Yup the books sure are good to read. Hilarious in some points.

Mari
December 18th, 2004, 12:30 AM
I'll join! I'm almost finished reading the whole released series; just need to finish The Grim Grotto. And I just saw the movie. 'Twas so cool! <3

Greed
December 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I saw the movie and I rather liked it. And also I have read all the books AND HAVE THEM. XD; Yes, I'm boasting. But I'll join :3

(if I was a man, I'd be just like mr. snicket)

*dies*

Lil' Schu
December 19th, 2004, 01:41 PM
So does the rest of the world, CaRTooN XD

OMG, I love these books! I am so in! ^o^

Do any of you guys know the author's real name? I know it, but I don't know it. It was in our paper. I like the Slippery Slope the best, I love it when Sunny cooks =>)

Whose your guys' favorite character> (Not one of the main ones, any of them [i.e.: Uncle Monty, Jerome, Mr. Poe {O_O}]) I like Sunny the best.

Greed
December 20th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Man, this is hard.. I'm gonna have to say its Klaus. XD; He's so like me, he reads too much and everything he reads he remembers. He knows so much man, smart peeps rawk. XD

I think Mr. Snicket's real name is something Handler. XD; Here's a real picture of Mr. Snicket (his whole face, not just his back XD) http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2003/10/13/dd-220x194-handler.jpg
Picture (for those who are too lazy to click)
http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2003/10/13/dd-220x194-handler.jpg

*dies*

Mari
December 20th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Like CaRtOON said, it's too hard to pick. I can't pick between the Baudelaire orphans and the Quagmires. Sunny is just too adorable and Klaus and Violet are both so cool. Same with the Quagmires.

Greed
December 20th, 2004, 04:49 PM
^ note: if its too hard to type my name, you guys can just call me Toon. XD

I can't wait for the next book. I wanna find out more about VFD, although I heard some spoilers of what it may stand for. >>;

Can someone here tell me how to do them button things? >< I dun know how to do em. <<;

*dies*

Mari
December 20th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Okay, 'Toon. XP

And buttons, you mean the spoiler things?
...?

If that's it, then The inside

Anyway, I want to learn more about the VFD, too. I read some spoilers, too, about what it may stand for, and it some does make sense, I guess.

Carlito-san
December 20th, 2004, 05:06 PM
*joins*LS IS the real author,under a assumed name.

Lil' Schu
December 20th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Yay! Thread's not dead XD.
And, yeah, we were SO close to finding out more stuff about VFD in The Grim Grotto! *pokes Snicket* Just tell us already. XD
What do you people think happened to the Quagmires (Quigley & Isadora) and Duncan? Do you think they'll (the Baudilaires) will see them at Hotel Denounement (or however you spell that...XD)
Meh, I have too many questions. >> =P

Amy-chan
December 30th, 2004, 09:21 AM
I will join, although I can promise that only misfortune will follow. If you've noticed, the phrase at the bottom of my sig is from Mr. Snicket's biography. The world is quiet here..

Lil' Schu
December 30th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Phwee~ Another member. I think the next book is the last book, what about you?

Amy-chan
December 30th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Yeah, probably. It doesn't seem like he would write more than twelve. And there are only so many letters in the alphabet to make titles with(Bad Beginning, Reptile Room, etc.).

Carlito-san
December 30th, 2004, 09:33 AM
*joins*No,their will be a 12th.Read the end of the GG,and it says the Lousy Lane.

(his titles are capitalized like that.)

Amy-chan
December 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but that only makes a twelfth(GG is the eleventh).

Carlito-san
December 30th, 2004, 09:42 AM
That is what I meant.I think he will make 26,1 for each letter.Then,make it all happy at the end of the 26th book.Well,maybe.

Amy-chan
December 30th, 2004, 10:11 AM
*flips through the pages of Lemony Snicket's autobiography, or,um, The Pony Party!, if you know what I mean* There are a lot of little clues about V.F.D. in here... Also, the Baudelaires have been to that Lousy Lane you speak of(or, rather, type of). It was the place by Uncle Monty's house that smelled like horseradish.

Riyuko
December 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Referring to a previous question, "Whats your favourite character?", I'd have to say its Violet. She is so smart and witty. ^________^ Ya just gotta love her. But I also like Sunny. She is so kawaii. <3

I cant wait for the next book to come out. ^____^ There is supposed to be 13 but I'm hoping they will come out with more.

~Karli

Amy-chan
December 30th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I think Mr. Snicket's real name is something Handler. XD; Here's a real picture of Mr. Snicket (his whole face, not just his back XD) http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2003/10/13/dd-220x194-handler.jpg
Picture (for those who are too lazy to click)
http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2003/10/13/dd-220x194-handler.jpg

*dies*
Not exactly 'something' Handler....More like Daniel LOL. *is unable to put this in spoiler tags* Darn!

TB Pro
January 10th, 2005, 07:44 PM
My favorite charicter is sunny!I love sunny she loves to bite things like me!

kybldmstr
January 11th, 2005, 04:53 PM
could i join ive read all books by lemony snicket.ive also seen the movie.i love unfortunate events.i feel like klaus when i read the books.

TB Pro
January 12th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I want to see the movie but, I havent yet it looks good!

Kylie-chan
January 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I AM JOINING!!!!!! I'm going to see the movie soon. ^^ I have a crush on Klaus Baudelaire. I can relate to him. XD The Grim Grotto is the only book apart from Harry Potter 5 that can make me cry.

saul
January 12th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Let me join ^^

I've read em all I cant wait for the last two!
(although the movie killed them XD)

Oh ya and I made a pic to put in your sig I hope you like it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/saulito/PokeCommunity/su.png

TB Pro
January 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM
cool poster saul!I havent read numbers 7,8,9,10 or, 11!

Stripes
January 14th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Sowas the movie pretty good? I didn't find the opportunity to watch it.