PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: It's high time I posted this

Zorua
April 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
So after six flipping years on this forum, why haven't I gave feedback yet? Arguably, my feedback on this forum up to this point would be pages and pages long, but unfortunately, due to my hazy memory, my feedback is unfortunately cut in half, but doesn't mean that I can't still make one, right? In actuality, I was debating about posting something like this, because most people already know my opinion of this forum, right well, not as many as you'd think?

Anyway, enough of my rambling and time to get started on what this thread is really about: The feedback.

...Also, there has to be something prettier than h2 tags that I have to use. :( I'm too lazy to make graphics to do anything CSS-y not that I know of any so yeah.

Edit: H3 tags and stars work, so I decided to use those and stuff. :D Enjoy!

General forum atmosphere etc
★ ☆ ★

So yeah, you guys were probably wondering what I was thinking about the general atmosphere of this forum. To be quite honest, I have absolutely no problems with anything at all. Each and every forum has it's flaws, and thats entirely to be expected. I'm not expecting PC to be perfect in any way, shape, or forum. I'm only expecting PC to be one of, if not the best Pokemon forum out there in the internet today. PC today has prospered for about what, 7 to 8 years or so(might be a bit off, though). I've only been here for approximately 6 of those years, and I've had my ups and downs while on here, but like I said, that's to be expected. No one's forum life is that perfect. I could imagine that when the majority of you first joined, nothing really went as well as you planned either, and that held true for me when I joined PC.

It took some time before I really started getting acquainted with the community. I guess it was the fact that I was sort of attention whoring or something when I first joined, but aside from that, I'd like to think that I've made a lot of improvements since back then. But my point is that, my general feeling on the forum atmosphere as a whole(as far as members are concerned anyway) are pretty much at an extreme satisfactory. You develop relationships, and you develop friendships for what seem like a lifetime. Sometimes, the friendships you establish right here on PC could possibly be even better than those established IRL. Who knows? This already holds true for quite a bit of people, so yeah.

10/10

I know, the rating would catch a lot of people off-guard. From my feedback in general, a lot of people were expecting something like a 7/10 or an 8/10 or something along those lines. But honestly, who joins a Pokemon forum expecting everything to go along perfectly? In fact, I think that was in most of our mindsets when we joined, but the longer we stayed here, the more we started to "mature" in a sense, and that word has a pretty broad definition. In order to mature, we have to go through the bad and the good, the worst and the best(and I'm sure all of us have pretty much went through that phase already), and everything in-between. It's for these reasons that I give the atmosphere such a perfect score. You would never expect an internet forum to impact you so much, to have such an effect on your emotions and your relationships and heck, even your perspectives on life. Throughout my years on PC, I've experienced each and every single one of these, and let me tell you, it was definitely quite the washing machine ride. But the fact that I was affected in this way(not counting the fact that I'm emotionally sensitive anyway), shows how much PC had an impact on me in the end. I'm really proud of that.

Now to move on to the next thing. The staff(and my favorite thing actually, for reasons that will be explained).

S t a f f o f P C
★ ★ ★

So yeah. I've got a lot to write about this one, so be prepared for quite a length story--and a few anecdotes--at that.

So this all started when I first joined PC. When I did, the only thing I really remembered was PMing a staff admin(a PM that I even forgot what it was about) that was named Tetsuya-san at the time. Tetsuya-san, now currently Hiroshi Sotomura, remains to be one of my bffs here currently at PC. Not to make for a mushy story and whatever, we've had our ups and downs(like with everyone), but in the end, we get along really well.

What most people don't understand about the Staff of PC, is that they're as helpful as they can be. Sure, some of them like to be blunt, some of them like to be more serious about their jobs than others. It's a general accepted fact that every moderator has their own style of moderating their specific forum, as long as they stick to the general rule of not really crossing the line whenever executing their style, so to speak. It's because of this that a lot of people tend to misunderstand and label the staff of PC as "mean" and "cruel" and "robotic" and whatever the heck else that's completely uncalled for. And I don't care if I get called a suckup for this either. I'm typing this because I'm expressing my full honest review on the PC staff, and that's what part of this forum is for, right?

When you get to know the staff personally, you start to know things about them that you never thought you would know previously when you just saw them as big scary people with colored usernames. To be completely honest with you, there is honestly not one staff member that I do not get along with, and I offer myself a chance to get to know these staff members personally, and let me tell you, it would do a whole lot better to do that than to judge a book simply by it's cover.

I remember when I was browsing Pokemon General about a week or so ago, and saw Miss Doronjo mass posting a whole bunch of topics to discuss in that forum. I was shocked and completely caught off guard(in the good way, of course). So you know what I did afterwards? I IMed Patchisou Yotouhru(yes, I did type his name right without looking, thanks ):<) and basically said "You guys(the h-staff) are freaking awesome for hiring this guy". And it was actually true. I feel that I should do this more often, sometimes thanking the h-staff for their decisions in picking a moderator. I believe they sometimes hear it from other mods, but how would the users feel about that particular moderator? I admit, I'm not the most active person in PG, but I definitely know when a mod has personally done a good job, so I took it upon myself to thank a specific h-staff member for choosing that particular moderator.

The staff on PC honestly work hard to make sure that everyone has pretty much an awesome experience here. Most people probably don't know this, but it does take a lot of time to usually plan certain events(if you don't believe me, ask Forever and any h-staff that you know), because it takes a lot of effort and contribution to make sure that these certain events aren't boring or whatever and are exciting enough to maintain the interest of the members of the community. But did you guys know that members could contribute to creating events for the forum, too? Sometimes, I feel bad for Forever because I have the mindset that her and Kaori basically do all the work and the planning and whatnot, but I would like to see more involvement by the members in attempting to create forum-specific events, too. And it's not only this: Members could also create forum-wide events, too! If you talk to an h-staff member, maybe they could pass it along in HQ and have it voted upon, then. My only concern is that I want to make things easier on the staff members by having members contribute to these events, too!

As for myself, I'm currently planning with BinaryPeaches to plan out something for Pokemon Trivia. While this may not be the easiest thing ever, we're not necessarily giving up--as both of us are concerned about the activity of the forum--so we do as much as we can in order to at least try to increase activity in Pokemon Trivia. Anyway, I'm probably getting slightly off-topic here and should stick to the point rather than my silly little stories, right? :D;

But too bad! Cause my personal stories prove how awesome the staff is anyway! So on that note, let's move on to another story, shall we(typing this up at almost 12 AM is starting to slightly hurt my neck, so apparently I have to wrap this up pretty soon. Whatever)

...Okay I'm way too tired for another story. I hate to make things boring, but I'll at least add some spice in the following paragraphs, so yeah. ♥

So everyone, I want you to know that the staff of PC....is really cool. I can't really put it in any other words than that. I've seen a lot of staff come and go, but generally they do maintain their structure. And to make for another story(GASP IT SEEMS IM NOT THAT TIRED AFTER ALL!!!) I also met Lightning when I was a new user here at PC. Granted, I didn't talk to her as much as I should, aside from a few PMs commenting how awesome her username was, but after a lot of convos on MSN(which sort of died down now for two reasons. 1. I'm a bad conversationalist and 2. Erica rarely comes on msn etc) but still, we're really close friends(at least, how I see it anyway).

I would love to write a personal anecdote on like every single staff member on PC(which would honestly take me hours), but due to my tiredness and the pain in my neck and my general unwillingness to do so(because it isn't that necessary for you guys to see how hardworking and cool the staff is etc) but yeah. :D; Hopefully you guys could see that, even though the staff has it's flaws(everything does), we could learn to look past that, and get along with one another, yeah?

With that being said..

10/10

I've honestly made so many friends(even before they became staff), and really, they're just really helpful and do what they can to make sure that you have an enjoyable time at PC. ♥ Thanks so much, PC staff. :D

S k i n s
★ ☆ ★

This section would pretty much obviously cover how I feel the PC skins. So lets gets started!!

First off, the skins of this community are absolutely fabulous. You have skins ranging from Autumn, to Christmas, to even something like Halloween. You have skins on PC for pretty much every or any single occasion that you can pretty much think of. It really suits users of pretty much a variety of tastes, and off the top of my head, we have approximately(just a rough estimate, not actually counting) at least 30 or so(or more) skins to choose forum, and there's even more skins that are probably being made. I personally think that it's something awesome, that we have a lot of skins that people could choose from. And if you're bored with one skin, you could move on to another(If you're like me, you'll end up switching between skins a lot anyways, just because I'm that picky). So yeah. Skins are amazing(yeah I'm running out of things to say. I don't know why, but I'm having terrible writer's block, etc).

Yeah, this isn't much of a feedback if isn't that descriptive, right? I apologize for being slightly tired and my attention span really isn't working at it's best right now(neither is my memory) so try to work with me here. ;___; I've given pretty much all the detail that I can. The thing is, I like to sum everything up to make it easier on certain people, so maybe this feedback won't be that massive after all. xD;

Oh, and before I forget:

10/10

I can't think of a forum anywhere else that has as many skins as PC does, with so much variety and hard work placed into these skins so that people would the most pickiest tastes could adapt to it literally almost perfectly. I have to applaud the skin designers for that.

O v e r a l l
★ ★ ★

So overall, I'd give PC pretty much a 10/10. Now you might ask me "Twilight Sky/TS/Derk/whatever, what about all the bad things about PC? What about all of the PC drama, and all that other stuff? Shouldn't that subtract points? You know this forum isn't perfect!" Well duh, this forum isn't perfect, but keep in mind that nothing really is. If PC is your first forum, you have to keep in mind that drama is something that pretty much happens in every single forum that you can think of. If PC is not your first forum, then you already know what I'm talking about, pretty much. Drama isn't something that should be new to you, and what I'm saying is that everything should already fall within expectations already. Try to look within the bright side of the community instead of always leaning on the dark side, and you'll see exactly what I mean by this. There are always going to be certain flaws in pretty much everything that PC is going to do, but look at the bright side of things: at least we're here so that PC is generally going to give us a good time so we could talk about whatever we need to talk about. Heck, some of us aren't even here for the Pokemon aspect, we're here for our friends.

And what better to do that then PC? The very same forum that we first joined and was pretty nervous yet excited at the same time to meet these new people, only founding out years later that these new people turned out to be our bestest, and closest friends in the entire forum. This may seem like a regular Pokemon Community, but keep in mind that people have already met each other IRL, established bonds and friendships that one would never really think possible.

So yeah, I wanted to type this feedback as sort of a thank you for the experiences that PC gave me and everything else associated with it. This was quite lengthy only for the most part, but in the end, I had fun writing it, because it really was high time that I let out all of my feelings and everything I felt about this forum. :D;

Lily
April 23rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Like I said on IRC, this made me feel warm and fuzzy, and it really makes me wish I had not left when I did because I feel like I've missed out on a lot.

Great feedback. :>

/feedback on a feedback

Rukario
April 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
so, Twilight Sky, what do you rate PC as on a 1 to 10 scale?

Zorua
April 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
so, Twilight Sky, what do you rate PC as on a 1 to 10 scale?

Is that supposed to be a rhetorical question? xD

Xyrin
April 23rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Long. But I agree the only thing bad about PC is that some sections aren't that active. But I agree with everything else. Mostly staff and styles. Staff are awesome and actually talk to me!! I love how I love at least 3 styles. Not just like LOVE! This forum is awesome and I agree with you.

Rukario
April 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
:p

of course..

This is a great thread and gives wonderful feedback. It is what our community strives to accomplish. I can only hope we continue to do so for everyone.

Thanks for being a member all these years!

Zorua
April 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
I can only hope we continue to do so for everyone.

Thanks for being a member all these years!

Honestly Steve, you do enough of a fine job supporting this community and doing what you can to achieve you goal. And hey, it's my experiences and the bonds that I've made that kept me a member for so long. Sure, at some points I was lurking, at some points I wasn't as active as I used to be, but the fact of the matter was that I was still here, and I could honestly see myself here for a good many years to come.