PDA

View Full Version : "There will be no more plans for Pokemon."

Miss Doronjo
April 23rd, 2011, 8:39 PM
Nothing lasts forever.

What would you do once the pokemon franchise comes to an end? Would you still try to collect pokemon merchandise you haven't already gotten, or maybe you'd still play the games, or would you focus your attentions to something else?

BenjiTheKid
April 23rd, 2011, 8:41 PM
I'd still continue playing the games, of course. Just because the franchise ends doesn't mean the games will lose their attraction. Still, I'd get bored of the same ol', same ol' after a while so would probably move on to another video game franchise.

Xyrin
April 23rd, 2011, 8:44 PM
I would play the current games until they get too boring. Then I would stop altogether. I bet this forum would shut down if that happened! Let's hope it doesn't.

Aurora01
April 23rd, 2011, 8:55 PM
I will be playing Pokemon games until the day I die, litterally.
That's how I feel. :)
Just because it comes to an end (I really hope it doesn't), doesn't mean that I wouldn't love Pokemon any less or anything. I'd probably love it more. :P

Seeds Horizon
April 23rd, 2011, 9:11 PM
Id finish purchasing the main story games, every one of them, and beat them and trade all my Pokes onto one of them in the same gen, like my Gold and Silver onto my Crystal, my Diamond, Pearl, Plat, Hg and Ss and Black onto my White, Ruby Sapph Emerald onto my Lg or Fr..Etc etc until I have completed Pokedexs then just reset the games and play. Once bored with that, even though I hate the spinoffs, buy every one of those and beat them. Then start collecting the DvD sets of the anime and the manga volumes and watch and read all that. THen turn into a exclusive Poke Otaku :D. POKEMON NEBAR DIEEESSSSS!~ POKEMON SHALL BE THE FRANCHISE THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS! Lol. I bet, if there is a God, hes a major Poke Nerd :D.

FourCartridge
April 23rd, 2011, 9:12 PM
Well, hate to be heartless, but it's time to pack up and move on. I hear they're making a new Metroid game...

colours
April 23rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
I'm going with the people that say that they're going to remain playing with the games until they lose their touch. Even if the series does somehow die down, there would be enough Pokemon games released by that time to keep fans stuck to the series for at least years and years to come.

MegaSlowBro.
April 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
I'll still play the games, but I'll eventually get bored of them and look at other games to play. However, I'd pick them up after some time has passed and continue whatever I was doing...or just reminisce about it. d:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 23rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
I'd still look online for fanart and play the games once in awhile, but for the most part I'd probably move on to something else.

Nikorasu
April 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
I'm getting old now, there are more important things in life than gaming or what so ever.

I'm planning on moving to America after i've finished school, gotten my a levels and my degree and saved up abit of cash.

I'm probably going to stop playing soon anyway...

I'm getting old now, there are more important things in life than gaming or what so ever.

I'm planning on moving to America after i've finished school, gotten my a levels and my degree and saved up abit of cash.

I'm probably going to stop playing soon anyway...

The 100 Mega Shock
April 24th, 2011, 4:43 AM
Plan a very large celebration party.

Bandit
April 24th, 2011, 4:55 AM
Like others have said, I'd still continue playing the games. They would still be fun.

Crimson5M
April 24th, 2011, 4:58 AM
The title had me going there I'd continue to play the games. Just because they aren't being made any more is no reason not to play them.

miju-kun
April 24th, 2011, 5:53 AM
I'M GONNA CONTINUE THE FRANCHISE!!!!!! lol, jk

I'll still be playing the games until I get bored. Ooh, and since I only have the first two volumes of Pokèmon Special (a.k.a Adventures) I'm going to collect 'em all!

Sabrewulf238
April 24th, 2011, 6:16 AM
What will we do when there are no more video games? Or no more internet? No more electronic devices?

As you said, nothing lasts forever.

Galukxy
April 24th, 2011, 6:20 AM
I would continue to an extent, but then soon go onto another franchise of one of my other interests.

Misheard Whisper
April 24th, 2011, 7:03 AM
I reckon I'd stick around PC just for the companionship. I'd finish the National Dex on every game I own, and devote my spare gaming time to IV breeding and EV training for perfect Pokemon.

Also I would keep writing fanfiction. No fear of being Jossed! \o/

Taffy
April 24th, 2011, 7:22 AM
Of course I'd be a lil' sad, but it's okay by my watch. As long as they never go rogue and try to burn all the games, I'd probably download all the roms to games and play them. I'd also recollect the cards of eBay.

institutions
April 24th, 2011, 7:33 AM
I honestly thought you were quoting someone with the title.
I was a little scared.

Idk what i'd do. I guess i'd buy one unopened copy of every game and then collect all of the cards before people started hoarding them for years. Do you have any idea how much a base set booster box will be worth in 10 years, if there are even any left? I don't want to think about it.

I'd have to buy a Wii too, so I could actually play the pokemon games for Wii D:

ISA56 2.0
April 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Considering the fact that I'm a fan of at least 18 different gaming franchises, if Pokemon were to die, I'd probably hop to another one of the 17 franchises I'm a fan of, like Dragon Quest.

Mr Cat Dog
April 24th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Probably just move on with my life, to be honest. I'd end up keeping the games so, a while later perhaps, I could rediscover them and experience them all over again... but I wouldn't try and stay attached to the franchise. Everything in life comes and goes like this: it'll happen eventually. We just don't know when.

Zeffy
April 25th, 2011, 12:12 AM
The production will end, yes, but the franchise will live on. And the price of the games would probably be lower after an amount of time, so I can buy them all. So yeah, when the production ends I'll try to collect all of the Pokemon games and finish them all. xP

PlatinumDude
April 25th, 2011, 1:28 AM
I'd still play the games, though I might face a tough decision to restart on my breeding/battling projects. If that doesn't work, I might move back to Yu-Gi-Oh.

rikadventure
April 25th, 2011, 4:00 AM
I'll probably act just like I do now, since I'm not playing the latest games or following the anime anyways. Of course it'll be sad when the pokémon franchise isn't alive anymore, but I'll still haunt PC ^^ I bet PC is going to outlive the franchise itself. And I'll still play the old games occasionally.

Rensider
April 25th, 2011, 4:20 AM
Since I would have Duke Nukem and other game franchises I think I'd be fine. Though, I'll probably still play the games on the odd ocasion.

King Gumball
April 27th, 2011, 3:41 AM
I think I would keep all the games and continue to go to pokemon sites and forums :3 that is if it ends sooner than later. But yeah I dont want it to end anytime soon, but I hope it ends before it is too overloaded. like 1000 pokemon is a bit much imo. but who knows :D

Chillout
April 27th, 2011, 3:55 AM
I would have a intense moment of Sadness and then in about 5 minutes i would get over it move on with me life and eventually get over it.

shengar
April 27th, 2011, 7:59 AM
I'm sure there will be another franchise that become spiritual successor for pokemon. But before that happen, I'll probably move on to another things while I cherished the remiaing Pokemon related thing I have.

Ninjutsu95
April 28th, 2011, 7:50 AM
I will always play it. One time i had my most uber deck of cards. every single promo, shiny and everything that i could ever get my hands on. one time in Barnes and nobles (or borders i forget) i went poo poo. lol when i was 10. i set it on the grounds. apparently it was pretty difficult to poo. so i forgot it was on the floor. after, like 15 minutes i left. then i came back, and whuddya know. its gone. er. stolen. I didn't affiliate with pokemon for 7 months after. but.. now im back!

Pika-power
April 28th, 2011, 2:19 PM
Well, the moment that gamefreak makes the pencil pokemon, I'm done with the series.

NamelessGuy
April 28th, 2011, 2:41 PM
Pokemon, in my opinion, is timeless. If it truly does end with Gen V, I'd be perfectly content. There'd still be plenty of things to do.

Hikamaru
April 28th, 2011, 4:59 PM
Come on, you guys! Pokemon is the second-biggest selling video game franchise. I don't think it'll end anytime soon. Should it end, it'd create a video showing the memories.

Miss Doronjo
April 30th, 2011, 3:49 AM
Come on, you guys! Pokemon is the second-biggest selling video game franchise. I don't think it'll end anytime soon. Should it end, it'd create a video showing the memories.

Still, things like Digimon were pretty popular until the franchise pretty much ended. =( Pokemon most likely will last long, I agree, but not forever.

Eh, I'd probably create a vid too if I had a camera. XD
Or maybe a series of pokemon video game walkthroughs. :3

Dark Piplup
April 30th, 2011, 5:06 AM
Well I would be sad.:( But it will happen. Hopefully, people will still play their games so competitive battling will still exist. I just won't think about it.

MrSogen
April 30th, 2011, 6:03 AM
I would buy every pokemon game and finished all.

Smooky
April 30th, 2011, 1:13 PM
I would probably keep playing the games, and collecting the merchandise, until I'm old and gray. Then I'll tell my grandchildren about Pokemon, and they'll roll their eyes at me and mutter about how weird old people stuff is.

Kenith
May 1st, 2011, 1:34 AM
There's still other games I love, like Mario and books for keep me distracted =3

s0nido
May 1st, 2011, 4:44 AM
It will end over my dead body. NEVER. It's too successful to end any time soon. But by the time it does, I'd have probably become too busy to play it anymore. And if I still enjoy Pokemon by the time it ends, I'll probably just keep playing on my own. I'm not the biggest fan; I just play the games. So when it ends, I'll just keep playing the games as I have for the past 8 years~

Tater Tot
May 4th, 2011, 6:29 PM
I'll probably enjoy Pokemon more than I did before, because I always enjoy stuff more when I know it's not coming back anymore. XDD

solarowl
May 4th, 2011, 6:41 PM
Oh. YOU HAD TO BRING THIS UP.
I'm dreading the day when Pokemon ends. It won't last forever, especially when other games rise up as Pokemon slowly sinks.
I think I'll be sad about it for a while, but then I'd move on, and forget about it.
I'd still play my Pokemon games, of course, and go on PC, as well.

Rai
May 4th, 2011, 7:50 PM
I would cry forever.

I would be generally upset if the Pokemon franchise ended. Pokemon gives me something to look forward to. I would continue to play the games and enjoying the other things Pokemon has to offer.

Scottjwilson87
May 5th, 2011, 3:02 AM
I think i would still collect the cards, once they have stopped making them i think people will be trading like crazy!

SuperSaiyanII
May 5th, 2011, 5:41 AM
I would find as many boxsets/DVDs or whatever I can find of the series when it was in it's prime to me(Kanto-Hoenn). I wouldn't need the Hoenn episodes that babdly but as long as I get 1-276 I'll be find. I would probably still play the games but with less enthusiasm because of the fact that there wouldn't be any more new Pokemon.

ZeldaStrife
May 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM
The production will end, yes, but the franchise will live on. And the price of the games would probably be lower after an amount of time, so I can buy them all. So yeah, when the production ends I'll try to collect all of the Pokemon games and finish them all. xP

This seems like a pretty good idea. Pokemon was a major part of my childhood, and I am still playing them, so when something has stuck around for sixteen years in a person's life, it's not going anywhere as far as I am concerned. :)

Arma
May 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I think I'll keep playing the games, even though they get boring eventually, something still drives me to start a new game in Fire Red every few months.

I guess I'll resort to the fangames or hacks, as I'm already active in some fangame projects.

Mr. L
May 5th, 2011, 3:29 PM
I think even if Nintendo was to discontinue Pokemon it would be carried on by the online community (competitive battling, fan art/fiction, etc.) for a few years. It would gradually decline, personally I don't know what I'd do, I'd be dissappointed but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
I'd probably keep playing the games every now and again I guess.

Reshiram Man
May 5th, 2011, 7:29 PM
I would restart the franchise here in America.....that is... if it ends.

Unknown#
May 5th, 2011, 7:41 PM
I'd go and play them and try to catch them all. And when I finish that, well there are other games I like as well. (Megaman, Sonic, Kirby, Gran Turismo, just to name a few)

Zen
May 5th, 2011, 8:52 PM
I'd continue to give attention to the older games, and re-watch some of the anime episodes, and movies. My love for the franchise wouldn't end, I know that much. The thing is, there would still be all the fanmade MMOs, and regular fan-games, and ROM hacks to keep people amused.

Eventually, I'd move on away from Pokemon, but that will happen anyway as time passes. Whether the franchise ends in a year, or keeps going for the next eight years, I'll leave it behind at my own pace, and that probably won't happen until I'm a good chunk of years older. I can almost guarantee that.

Neptune Vasilias
May 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I'll play the games to the end and once that's out of the way, I'll move on to something else. I have other interests you know, not just Pokemon.