PDA

View Full Version : What was the first vocaloid song you listened to?

QuilavaKing
April 25th, 2011, 01:47 PM
What was the first vocaloid song you listened to? (If you don't like vocaloid, just go with the first Japanese song in general.)

For me, I'm pretty sure it was one of these two:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2163958
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3199534
(Sorry, neither of them are on youtube anymore. =/)

Shinigami1211
April 25th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Mine would have to either be "Love is War" or "Melt" Its really hard to remember how i got into vocaloid in the first place. Its been years since i started listening to it.

Naruto Uzumaki
April 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM
It was these two:
VoPzP-MwcLI

3cHsNnDfmDs

Needless to say the first one I liked, the second scared me a bit :<

digi-kun
April 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
It'd be "My Time" aka "Watashi no Jikan", waaaay back when it came out. Had registered for NicoVideo a while ago back then, and had discovered the rankings recently i think. I remember mostly because it was while Watashi no Jikan still had the DDL link on it's description. After that, it'd probably have to be the Miku version of Ne Ni Ge De Reset.

Man, going back is bringing a lot of old songs i used to listen to, brb while I reminisce about the good old days XD

Weeaboo Name
April 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
EuJ6UR_pD5s

I really don't see the big thing with Vocaloid, this was the first thing i remember seeing though.

jigglyppuff8
April 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Po Pi Po Vegetable Juice. Either that or some random Vocaloid x Nico MAD mash up type thing.

Misheard Whisper
April 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I think it was Daughter of Evil, from memory, but I could be wrong. I have so much Vocaloid junk on my iTunes that it all kinda blurs. XP

jira-chan
April 25th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Hmm.. if my DSi Flipnote serves true.. the name of the song is Daughter of Evil? Or was it servants.. Idk. The song was about Rin and Len, len getting killed in Rin's place. xD

QuilavaKing
April 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I know every song mentioned so far. Yays! :D

3cHsNnDfmDs
Oh yeah! I heard that one fairly early on too. I loved the PV. It was a bit odd at first, but it didn't take long for it to grow on me. lol
It always bugged me how on some of the close-ups she looks at the camera for a split second, and on some of them she doesn't. lol

J
April 25th, 2011, 10:56 PM
i was there during the genesis with the first demo songs.
i only regarded vocaloids as a novelty back then though

the first one i really cared about was the mixed version of kokoro and kokoro kiseki?!
the PV for which is, incidentally, my current theme

Starrodkirby86
April 25th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I believe when I returned on osu!, the first Vocaloid song I was playing there was Ievan Polkka. Hahaha. I really don't remember what the first original Vocaloid song I actually listened to though, but it's probably Melt, True my heart, or Miku ni ****e ageru.

Those songs are classics...Just nice classics. This was around late 2008, if I recall correctly! :D

Lily
April 25th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Melt. The instrumentals, the carefree, playful mood of the song - I just fell in love with it at once and listened to it again and again. After that, Love is War. <3

Esper
April 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM
If you don't like vocaloid, just go with the first Japanese song in general.
Don't mind if I do.

Yakusoku wa iranai (約束はいらない), or "I Don't Need Promises", the opening song to Escaflowne, sung by Maaya Sakamoto (坂本真綾). It was good then and it's still good now. Oh, you wonderful song, you. You started it all...

fFHCqP0nF1M

Cassino
April 27th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Ievan Polkka voiced by Miku Hatsune. Triple Baka thereafter... Really not my thing.
So yeah, first Japanese song: Kiss Me Sunlights by Heart of Air.

Rainy Day
April 27th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Black Rock Shooter was my first vocaloid song. It's a pretty good song, but it has an awesome video.

Shanghai Alice
April 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Heartbreaker, by Rin Kagamine. Still a good song to listen to when you're riding your bike at night.

Also, I'm surprised at all the confusion surrounding Yukkuri ****eitte, ne! Is it the floating head things? Because the floating heads are called Yukkuris. They is a Toehoe (Touhou Project) meme.

QuilavaKing
April 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Heartbreaker, by Rin Kagamine. Still a good song to listen to when you're riding your bike at night.

Also, I'm surprised at all the confusion surrounding Yukkuri ****eitte, ne! Is it the floating head things? Because the floating heads are called Yukkuris. They is a Toehoe (Touhou Project) meme.
I think it's just weird sounding in general. I love it though, personally. lol

RYOUKI
April 29th, 2011, 07:01 AM
EuJ6UR_pD5s

I really don't see the big thing with Vocaloid, this was the first thing i remember seeing though.
THE WORLD IS MINE~!!

Yeah, this. I didn't even know it was a Vocaloid back then. Black Rock Shooter changed that though. I'm no longer Vocaloid-ignorant.

Edsbob
April 29th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I heard about it from my friends a lot, I only started listening to some recently. I'm sure I'd heard some before like without noticing (for instance
イッシュのポケモン 言えるのか! (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13004628))

The the first one I intentionally and fully listened was this one:
2RpXJDX_uO0

Despite not really liking 'dark' songs normally, I quite liked it! I wish I had better headphones now!

Sora
April 29th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Uhm... it was one of the following:
World is Mine - Miku Hatsune (or was in Rin)
Love is War - Miku Hatsune
Daughter of Evil - Rin Kagamine
Meltdown - Rin Kagamine

It might have been another Vocaloid song, but as if I remember. /doesn't pay too much to them in general, derp.

As for first Japanese song in general it was Catch you Catch me. That one I know for sure.

Roxanne Rosie
April 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Antichlorobenzene by Rin Kagamine, Cantarella by Rin and Len Kagamine, or Po Pi Po by Miku Hatsune. I'm not sure

~Ryukaa
May 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I can't exactly remember which song I heard first, but the first song that made a big impact on me and actually got me into Vocaloid was Melt. I was playing one of the Taiko no Tatsujin games, and it had that song. xDD;;
I really liked it, and still do.

Graceful
June 2nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
My first Vocaloid song was "Just be Friends" by Luka and then I listened to "magnet" by both Luka & Miku. :D

Fire Heart
June 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
My first song by Vocaloid was Bpm - Miku Hatsune

Soraine
June 5th, 2011, 04:40 AM
"I like you, I love you" by Kagamine Rin.

EmeraldSerenade
June 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Spice! by Len Kagamine... That song basically exposed me to a LOT of things, haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 7th, 2011, 05:46 AM
The opening theme for the ToHeart series ("Feeling Heart")... stumbled on it completely by accident during a YouTube search, in fact xD

Cirrus
June 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Whoa what; "Feeling Heart"? Are you serious?! : O

/ goes to look

Anyway. My first Vocaloid song I heard was Pygmalion, I think; it's on my profile if you want to look at it. Generally not too well-known (the composer is not extremely popular on NND - he only has three or so videos with 100,000 or more views).

Katja
June 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
The first song I heard was Popipo on OMGPOP!. I had no clue what it was really, and paid no mind to it. But I kept going back to it because it was my type of music, I guess. Eventually, I found out about Vocaloid and all the different characters and kinda grew obsessed with it. Obsessed is too strong...a great liking to it. I always listen to new new songs. :)

My favs are Miku and Gumi! (Mostly Gumi because I love Megumi Nakajima)

o3o
June 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I think it was "Go Google It" (Megurine Luka and Gakupo)~ I came across it by accident on a speed painting video. xD I didn't know what a vocaloid was back then.

.:TheLooker:.
June 8th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Probably the leek spin one. Saw it on YouTube, and in another forum's member's signature.

Musashi
June 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mine was Miku's "World is Mine." I was at a convention when it happened so I'm pretty sure people got a picture of the terrified look on my face.

Katja
June 14th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Mine was Miku's "World is Mine." I was at a convention when it happened so I'm pretty sure people got a picture of the terrified look on my face.
LOL. Why did you have a terrified look?

Musashi
June 16th, 2011, 12:56 PM
LOL. Why did you have a terrified look?

Her voice... it was so high... I wasn't used to those kind of vocals at the time.

TEAM BLUE
June 22nd, 2011, 12:27 AM
My first Vocaloid song i heard was Circle You,Circle You.It's Very Very Scary!!!D:Or Triple Baka that one was so catchy!!!Baka!Baka!Baka!XD
Well although my favorite song is Melt and I LOVE Hatsune Miku!!!And Gumi too!!!;D

LuverofPokemon
June 25th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Hmm...It was "World Is Mine" By Hatsune Miku :D and since then i love so many vocaloid songs haha xD ^^;;

Bohemian_Rhapsody
July 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
For me it was Alice Human Sacrifice. Someone showed it to me when I was developing a story and I fell in love with it instantly.

Alternative
July 3rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
My first Vocaloid song was Yukkuri ****eitte ni, or Take it Easy by Miku Hatsune. It's really the only Vocaloid song I've listened to, well that and Love is War. :)

Starlite
July 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Triple Baka by Hatsune Miku. I'm not sure how I got to it, but I think a friend of mine on another forum introduced it to me by linking it on my profile. After that I got curious as to why he loved it so much and found other songs, and not long after I got hooked.

Currently my favorite is Just Be Friends. <3

Drew
July 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Black Rock Shooter.

It was a nico chorus version that was on parallelzero's profile..

From there I heard Miku's version, and Love is War.

My first vocaloid song wasn't even sung by a vocaloid, go me. XD;

BBA_Beyblader_321
July 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
"Triple Baka" I liked it, but now I think "Just Be Friends" is my favorite~ Its sooo good!!