PDA

View Full Version : What helps you get to sleep?

Simmons_2.0
December 14th, 2004, 05:51 PM
There was one already but it got closed. The thing that helps me get to sleep is using my Lv100 Blissey with illegal defense and spec.defense with a sharked ability called wonder guard and go up against gary in the elite 4. Then he an never hit and if he does it wont do much.

The Fallen
December 14th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Being tired lol,um not sure.

Natzap
December 14th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Well I need some sort of noise. Like my tv or my cd player or something. Sometimes I just look through my year books from all those years ago and then fall asleep.

Kelsey
December 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Well, I sleep in total darkness. XD I hate sleeping with lights on. >< Anyways, usually some soothing music also helps me to sleep. ^_^

But, have you ever had a night when something horrible happened earlier that day? Where you wanted to cry but didn't until nightfall when you were alone with your thoughts? Then balled your eyes out? I did...just last night. My beloved pet lizard, Zeus, died last night. I had him for an entire year. The saddest thing is...he never got to spend one Christmas with me... I am histerical with sadness...

Anyways, usually music works for me, otherwise just pitch-blackness is fine. ^^

~Kelsey

Simmons_2.0
December 14th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Well, I sleep in total darkness. XD I hate sleeping with lights on. >< Anyways, usually some soothing music also helps me to sleep. ^_^

But, have you ever had a night when something horrible happened earlier that day? Where you wanted to cry but didn't until nightfall when you were alone with your thoughts? Then balled your eyes out? I did...just last night. My beloved pet lizard, Zeus, died last night. I had him for an entire year. The saddest thing is...he never got to spend one Christmas with me... I am histerical with sadness...

Anyways, usually music works for me, otherwise just pitch-blackness is fine. ^^

~Kelsey

yah ive had somthing terible happen to someone not me and i also hate sleeping with lights on because my cat sleeps in my room and her eyes glow and its just freaky so its either super bright or pitch black for me.

Gardy
December 14th, 2004, 06:40 PM
For me it's my lovely T.V and my radio. I can't stand pitch blackness in my house but if i was sleeping outside I could also I can't stand no noise.

goth_espeon3
December 14th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Well I need some sort of noise. Like my tv or my cd player or something. Sometimes I just look through my year books from all those years ago and then fall asleep.

Yeah, that helps me get to sleep. I also like to listen to the radio, or pop my favorite CD into my stereo and listen to that while I fall asleep.

Brittany
December 14th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I like things dark, but not pitch black. Music usually helps too.

Sylphiel
December 14th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Having a bit of light around helps me to sleep at times. O_o There are times when I honestly think I sleep better with having something like a desk lamp on...

Probably because I've screwed up my sleeping habits so much that I'm not used to actually sleeping at night, when it's dark. XD

Kyosuke
December 14th, 2004, 07:16 PM
I usually just keep the TV going, but if not that maybe some music on "repeat" XD.

For some reason, I can't just stay in bed and slowly fall asleep, even if its like 3 in the mourning and I know I should be sleeping 0_o...

Vincent Valentine
December 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM
A light snack and some chocolate milk make me sleep! It doesn't matter if it's a big snack either! Any snack with some Choco milk gets me to sleep! lol :D

*~Ashley~*
December 14th, 2004, 08:28 PM
To get to sleep I usually just stay up until midnight finishing homework... that tends to do the trick. -_-; Besides that, I just put my headphones on and set my cd player to repeat and I let it play all night. I don't mind light, but I prefer the dark... the only light I do sometimes leave on is my laptop...

Anacortes
December 14th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I usually stay up until 2.am thinking about what to do the next day and fall asleep sitting on my bed...

Zapchu
December 14th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I'm turning into an insomniac because of FFXI and video games and school. I think listening to music helps sleep. I like sleeping in total darkness in a nice comfortable bed. Bad noises such as dishes shuffling or desks moving prevent me from sleeping, other than that I'm a heavy sleeper. Oh yeah! listening to boring lectures also puts me to sleep.

Ninja Retsu
December 15th, 2004, 03:23 AM
I'll fall sleep when I feel very boring. It's a main reason of me. But,if I tired,I can sleep too.

IceKitten
December 15th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Usually, a bed helps me get to sleep http://67.18.37.17/1570/93/emo/hammer.gif

But closing my eyes works too http://67.18.37.17/1570/93/emo/bounce.gif

fudge01
December 15th, 2004, 04:24 AM
I like to go to sleep listening to simple and clean ahh what a great song :D

jynx
December 16th, 2004, 08:05 AM
When there is music and daylight.

Ya...daylight =.= I can't sleep at night...

Mr Cat Dog
December 16th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Silence and darkness. If there is plenty of those factors, then I'll fall asleep for hours upon end. I once slept for a whole day during the summer, and once - my mum slept right through Christmas Day and woke up still thinking it was Dec 25th XD

ryan
December 16th, 2004, 08:55 AM
i need silence and darkness as well. really boring/mellow music helps too.

Lizzie
December 16th, 2004, 09:03 AM
darkness, and dead silence, it usually get's my imagenation going, i start to daydream without any interuptions and then the daydreams slowly drift in dreams and before i know it i'm asleep XD

ShadowPikachu
December 16th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I have problems sleeping at the moment. No matter how hard i try i can't sleep at night properly. And then it gets to morning and i finally get to sleep. Of course thats when i get dragged out of bed. -_-;;

Kayleigh
December 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I normally fall asleep very quickly, but on rare occasions I just can't seem to feel tired. When that happens I usually dim the lights and find something low-key to do, such as drawing, reading my Nancy Drew books, (They work better than sleeping darts!) listening to soft music, petting my kitty, etc. If I still can't sleep after doing those things, I'll usually go online for a little while or watch parts from different movies. After that I'll usually conk out after a while, and once I'm asleep it's pretty hard to wake me up, lol.

Ah, I'm very sorry to hear that. I've had several pets that were very dear to me die before, so I understand how you feel. My favorite cat ever, that I had had for over 6 years died in a house fire a couple of years ago, and just recently my betta fish died. I felt so bad about both deaths because I just adored those animals like nothing else; I still miss them a lot, but I have some new pets that have made me feel better. Even though they can't replace the old ones, they can still help you start over again. Anyway, I just know what you're going through and I'm sorry about it, and I hope you begin to cheer up soon!

Knuckles
December 16th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Dim lights. I need something to stare and bore at...and then I fall into deep sleep. I never know when I'm sleeping. :s I'm never thinking....

Teara
December 16th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I don't really like going to zleep unlezz I"m having a really bad day actually =P Zo I uzually lizten to muzic for az long az I can, then lay and think about ztuff for a while, and I uzually juzt drift off while thinking. Zometimez I fall azleep with my headphonez on and wake up with sore earz though ><

Aww, I'm zorry Kelsey! ;-; I love animalz zo much, but a few of my petz have died too, zo I know how you feel. Try not to think about Zuez'z death too much though, that juzt makez you more upzet. Zpending time with friendz may help you cheer up =3

*Chikorita*
December 16th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Well, I don't like falling asleep with lights, or music, or sound. I just sleep in darkness. And what puts me to sleep the most is either thinking about my day, about the mysteries of the world, or things I enjoy thinking about. XD It also helps if I am really tired too. XD

rabbitsdying2
December 16th, 2004, 03:40 PM
An ordinary, blah day that leaves my mind blank helps me go to sleep...

coco
December 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Pure darkness and jazz is always nice^^

Silver Pearl
December 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
my radio makes me go to sleep .. sometimes...

Ciera
December 16th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I like to fall asleep listening to heavy rock music... Sometimes the Beatles or Led Zepplin, but I prefer Linkin Park, Crossfade, stuff like that... I usually put on a CD. That (the music) and my closet door closed, I can't get to sleep if it's even open a smidgen, the bathroom door closed (same deal as the closet), and with my glasses on the desk next to my bed. If they are not there, I fear I have lost them, so they must go there. Heh, a tad OCD, huh? I feel retarded now ^^

Simmons_2.0
December 18th, 2004, 05:22 PM
And another thing that helps me get to sleep is watching the weather channel XD.

Greed
December 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Can't seem to fall asleep?
Are you waking up all the time?
Is sleeping a difficult task for you?

Dr. Toon has got the remedy! And its...

Dirty thoughts!

Yes, my friends. I, Toon, used to have trouble sleeping ALL the time! I never seemed to get around on it. But, I have found the remedy. Dirty thoughts!

"I used to be awake all night. But since I've began thinking of dirty thoughts, sleep is no task for me!

And there's more!

"...Very effective! The results are unbelievable!..

"... Yes! It works wonderful!..

Dirty thinking is no difficult task! Just follow these easy steps!

1. Think of a person you're attracted to.

2. Think of an R-rated movie.

3. And let your imagination run!

Easy! And fast!

**Dirty thoughts ONLY works when you have insomia for no reason at all. It does not work when you cannot sleep due to overly worrying, or drug problems.**

Yes, I'm a perv, get used to it. --;

*dies*

Suz
December 18th, 2004, 06:39 PM
-yawn- reading long internet comics.
which is what I've been doing

ravenstorture
December 18th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I have my radio on. I can't go to sleep without it. I also have to have two fans going on full blast at the same time, my window open and my heating blanket on. o.O; I'm psycho.

Elite Four Lance
December 19th, 2004, 09:08 AM
I can get to sleep when its dark and quiet.

mvtm
December 19th, 2004, 10:30 AM
I just close my eyes and start dreaming what i would like too , eventually i feel tire and sleep. I cant sleep with music i feel unconfortable and with some kind of stress laltely o.O.

Rubberbandman
December 19th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I dont no what helps me go to sleep no more!O.o I just eventually fall to sleep....

IceKitten
December 20th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Oh yeah this is a bad one I nearly overheat my GC >.>

Playing Pokmon Colosseum XD

Don't worry I go half asleep then turn everything off, hahahaha ;)

Carlito-san
December 20th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Video Games.I play them until I fall asleep.

BladeForever
December 20th, 2004, 09:24 AM
I never needed assistance to fall asleep.(I fall asleep right away 95% of the time) Though a nice shower makes it even easier.

~Blade~

22sa
December 20th, 2004, 11:07 AM
The most important way is probably waking up early. But that doesn't count, does it?

Here's an example from experience: Reading a science textbook till my eye-lids are heavy! Doesn't take long. Note: There is an exception. If you have a strong purpose for reading, then you will NOT fall asleep. Note II: Habit has something to do with this. If you've been associating sleeping with reading a science textbook for quite some time, like falling asleep in class, then this will work. But if your habit tells you otherwise, like actually paying attention to your science textbook, then there is no hope for you. :P

A REALLY dark room is nice too. Noise/music wouldn't distract me too much unless they're so disturbing and loud. Ex. Snoring is too much to handle.

Lonepichu
December 20th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Listening to music usually helps me to fall asleep.

Greed
December 20th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Its funny, when I don't have insomnia I can sleep through anything. XD My mom says that if there's a train passing by my bed, I'll probably sleep through it.

When I fall asleep there's nothing that can wake me up >3

*dies*

BladeForever
December 20th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Its funny, when I don't have insomnia I can sleep through anything. XD My mom says that if there's a train passing by my bed, I'll probably sleep through it.

When I fall asleep there's nothing that can wake me up >3

*dies*

Your just like my dad... He slept through a Tornado when I was a bit younger..(like 5 years ago) The guy wakes up after all the noise and the storm was gone.. <_< He sleeps through virtually anything. o.O

*notices CaRtOON is still a perv* Keep it up girl, lol.

~Blade~

Onizuka04
December 20th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Thinking about dying. I like death

-Riyuko-
December 20th, 2004, 08:23 PM
^ How very swell...>.>; Heh...

Anyways, I have numerous things that help me get to sleep. ^^ Each night before I go to bed I take up a glass of milk and water and it usually tires me out. I also usually read before I sleep. ^o^ Oh yes, I also listen to music. xD; Oh...and I always think about what I'm going to do tommorow. =D Okay, I'm finished.

--Karli

digi-kun
December 20th, 2004, 10:03 PM
i'd need a bed and something to rest my head on, thats all i'd need

Spectrum
December 20th, 2004, 10:40 PM
I can't stand to sleep in the darkness, I need some kind of light or noise. I usually put my TV on with the sleep timer. But even then, I can't sleep unless I absolutely have to. My sleep cycle is messed up. =/

Dark Magician
December 20th, 2004, 10:46 PM
^ Yeah, same with me until I was like 11-12. Now I feel better sleeping in the darkness...

Kylie-chan
December 20th, 2004, 11:20 PM
^ How very swell...>.>; Heh...

Anyways, I have numerous things that help me get to sleep. ^^ Each night before I go to bed I take up a glass of milk and water and it usually tires me out. I also usually read before I sleep. ^o^ Oh yes, I also listen to music. xD; Oh...and I always think about what I'm going to do tommorow. =D Okay, I'm finished.

--Karli
Lolz... I do all but the milk - I have hot chocolate or hot Milo sometimes, but other than that... *shakes head* I do it all!!! For example last night, I was listening to Avril Lavigne's Nobody's Home, reading #11 - A Series of Unfortunate Events - The Grim Grotto [a depressing read... honestly it is depressing], drinking water, and then I turned my lights out [darkness helps] and thought about what I was going to do today! XD ^^

What with the holidays, MY sleep cycle and internal clock has been messed up. I normally am made to go to bed at about 9:30 pm at the latest on weekdays, but now it's daylight saving and it's the Christmas summer holidays [six weeks, you northern hemisphere people get two weeks ha but our winter holidays are 2 weeks], I go to bed at 10:30 - 11:30 pm at normal time. Also I wake up at 9 am, 10 am, or 11 am, depends. ^^ Also the doctor said for my bad sleeping habits I need to reduce activity in the night because my brain is very active then; e.g. I read a lot then, etc. - "You're very active-minded," he says; I fear I am nocturnal XD ^^ - to help me sleep... but I ignored him... and now I'm drowsy at day and wakeful at night. o.O Darn, I hate that...

AngelWolfie
December 20th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure what helps me sleep...I fall asleep watching Jay Leno or Saturday Night Live on the recliner sometimes, but usually I just sleep anywhere I can be warm.

winnie
December 21st, 2004, 07:33 AM
well...
what usually gets me to sleep is just listening to the television, or listening to music preferably Rock, don't ask me how i get to sleep listeing to it but i just do.

22sa
December 21st, 2004, 01:01 PM
well...
what usually gets me to sleep is just listening to the television, or listening to music preferably Rock, don't ask me how i get to sleep listeing to it but i just do.It's likely because you're just use to those sounds. :P

Suz
December 21st, 2004, 01:06 PM
I usualy lisen to Harry Potter, it puts me rite to sleep!

Kylie-chan
December 21st, 2004, 06:33 PM
Can't seem to fall asleep?
Are you waking up all the time?
Is sleeping a difficult task for you?

Dr. Toon has got the remedy! And its...

Dirty thoughts!

Yes, my friends. I, Toon, used to have trouble sleeping ALL the time! I never seemed to get around on it. But, I have found the remedy. Dirty thoughts!

And there's more!

Dirty thinking is no difficult task! Just follow these easy steps!

1. Think of a person you're attracted to.

2. Think of an R-rated movie.

3. And let your imagination run!

Easy! And fast!

**Dirty thoughts ONLY works when you have insomia for no reason at all. It does not work when you cannot sleep due to overly worrying, or drug problems.**

Yes, I'm a perv, get used to it. --;

*dies*
OMG... sure that's appropriate for a board with little kids running loose around it?!

Um... well... I used to write stories about little kids running loose around America on first-class aeroplane trips XD as well... lolz in my head that is ^__^

Kura
December 21st, 2004, 08:06 PM
hmm.. what helps me get to sleep.. erm.. usually brooding..
thinking about things.. and.. fantascising ._. (im a bad speller o3o)

Cherrim
December 21st, 2004, 08:25 PM
I just think of things... o_O Sometimes I'll think too much and be up all night, but other times I'll bore myself to sleep. xD

I used to listen to music to get to sleep, but that no longer works. =\

TRIFORCE89
December 22nd, 2004, 10:59 AM
I just think of things... o_O Sometimes I'll think too much and be up all night, but other times I'll bore myself to sleep. xD
Oo, I do that too. It can get annoying. I'll think about the most stupid of gibberish (well, not really. It's quite interesting and fun. But when you're really tired that's what it seems like) and it'll keep me up. Then I get bored and my mind trails off to more stupidity (like I'll try to think about myself falling asleep). I like thinking to myself for a few hours then afterwords I get annoyed.

carrielynn
December 22nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
I either lie there and think until I fall asleep or listen to music until I'm really tired and then turn it off and go right to sleep.

Rated R Superstar
December 22nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
I'll watch Adult Swim or any TV,Actually..:p

Vkazuic
December 22nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Hm.. I usually just listen to really loud music and put the air conditioner on, somehow, coldness makes me sleepy... lol

~Moonlight_Shadow~

Kairi
December 22nd, 2004, 04:58 PM
I…have to cuddle something. Have to. Usually this means a pillow, but I need it for one reason or another. Music hasn’t even worked, cause it sparks my imagination. XD It usually takes me a while to get to sleep regardless, though.

Skarmory469
December 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM
I lie on a bed and think about what I did today/yesterday or other random thoughts. Sometimes just when I'm about to fall asleep I dream about falling over and hitting something and that wakes me up again...

Ranusha
December 23rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Thinking of Yugi or YamiYugi makes me sleep.

Your Little Pony
December 23rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
when i go to sleep i need to be hugging my big teddy bear ^_^ i find it hard to sleep otherwise (it's like a security blanket or something... only for a 17 year old) i must sound childish, o well! XD