PDA

View Full Version : RSE Trick House

Kaori
April 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
As some of you may remember, on Route 110 right at the side of Cycling Road, up above there is the Trick House where a guy gives you prize items when you solve his room puzzles.

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_1.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_2.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_3.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_4.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_5.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_6.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_7.gif
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/screenshots/trickhouse_8.gif

(: What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?
(: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?

Discuss away! :>

Pika-power
April 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I think we might see him again in the impending R/S remake.

Sydian
April 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I'm going to be completely honest here and say the hardest one is the trivia one (#5). XD I was fine when he asked who was on route 103, but asking how many women were in Dewford, and price differences? MATH?! NOOOO. They weren't that difficult...just kinda like a gym, but you know, my first time around, I found them a decent challenge. Not so hard to beat anymore though.

(: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
I wondered why the man sparkled. lmao I've memorized his spots now though... :x

(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?
He totally disappeared into Unova and will make a comeback in the third game. ;) That's what I'm thinking-- and hoping -- for anyway! And we'll see him back with a brand new rap in RS remakes.

Spinosaurus
April 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I don't remember finidng it difficult at all. I do remember having a LOOOOT of fun with it though haha.

It just shows how stupid and lovable the man is. <3

Hopefully in the RSE remakes, since I seriously miss him.

Forever
April 29th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I -loved- the trick house! :D

And only just realised the bot one was a question mark lol.

I think he just went exploring other regions tbh. Oh and the sparkle was awesome. SO HELPFUL.

Dark Piplup
April 30th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Well I just found it pointless. I never really explored it. But I don't think it was hard. That guy was funny.

Binary
April 30th, 2011, 06:51 AM
I loved the trick house. <3; It was really really fun. C:
I don't remember finding it difficult at all.

He used a mirror to like.. reflect the sunlight onto our eyes.. GAH!
Lovable man. <3

To create more puzzles? I hope so, because I miss him. ;;
/hoping for R/S/E remakes.

NamelessGuy
April 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Certainly not. The puzzles didn't require much thought.

I thought the sparkle was a nice feature. Although the Trick Master's intelligence is questionable: "Gah! How did you know I concealed myself under this table? You're quite sharp! Grrr..."

Hopefully in the Gen III remakes, with new puzzles.

Kaori
May 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
I -loved- the trick house! :D

And only just realised the bot one was a question mark lol.

I think he just went exploring other regions tbh. Oh and the sparkle was awesome. SO HELPFUL.
I had only noticed the question mark when providing images as well, haha. It fits the questionnaire that goes on for that puzzle though.

To answer my own question...

I know I've had a lot of fun trying to solve each one, but only a few made me take some time to think.

I think it's a nice little addition. :P Goes along with his purpose too.

Most likely in RS Remakes (which should totally happen soon u_u).

Exile
May 1st, 2011, 12:30 PM

Certain puzzles, such as the quiz and arrow puzzle were difficult, but the rewards of an item and training far outweighed the difficulty.

I sort of do, it's kind of fun to see where he'll pop up next.

Probably another region, I think I had this theory that he founded a new Trick House somewhere in Hoenn, while I was 8. It would be awesome to see him in another game, not including the R/S remakes that are predicted to be made, though.

PlatinumDude
May 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM
(: What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?: I didn't know it existed when I first played R/S, but I found the puzzles pretty hard at first.

(: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?: It makes things a lot easier finding him, but it gets hard when the glitter happens offscreen.

(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?: Like the note said, he left on a journey to do better tricks. And I don't think he'll come back soon. Either that, or he started a new Trick House somewhere else.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?
I didn't notice it until my second playthrough of Emerald lol, boy was I glad when I did!! Tbh I found it more fun and enjoyable than difficult :)

How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
Haha I loved it - simple little challenges like that I can do, and it's a very nice touch as opposed to making it too simple :)

Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?
Haha no idea - perhaps he was spying on the player's progress the whole time! :P I certainly hope so, it was a nice addition and a definite novelty that wouldn't wear off, for me anyways something I'd definitely welcome a second time around :)

skyluigi2
May 14th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I thought it had just the right difficulty and was very fun :D
That was pretty funny to be honest :D
We'll probably see him in the highly probable R/S remakes.

-totodile42

solarowl
June 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I liked the Trick House. It was a fun way to kill time.

That added to the challenge a bit, which I loved.

I think he went in hiding to design RSE Remakes.
Yeah, in the remakes he's making. XD
But seriously, I think there might be a Trick House-like thing in future Generations.

Porygon Z
June 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
It's funny, and very useful, for good training before the Pokèmon League.
I didn't find it very difficult, I've just messed a bit with the one similar to Fortree Gym.

Why does he sparkle? Anyways, it would be awesome when, if you click on the wrong spot, he comes out and says TROLOLOLOLOLOLO :D

He went on a long journey. But, I think it will be back in a future R/S/E remake, saying stuff like he was empty of ideas 'cause of a kid who solved all his tricks, but he's back and waits for his challenge![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Echidna
June 17th, 2011, 04:23 AM
it annoys me that the first prize is kinda the best.... And i hated the trick house, it was kinda stupid to put in a pokemon game, but that's just me.. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 17th, 2011, 05:00 AM
If not for the trainers within, I would have never bothered with it. Finding the guy beforehand was always a hassle because more times than not I didn't even see and sort of sparkle when I came in. The puzzles weren't that hard, but having to remember to come back to that same route after every Gym was frustrating.

He'll show up in some capacity in the future. Where, I couldn't say.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 17th, 2011, 06:50 PM
What do you think of the Trick House?
I felt that the Trick House was very creative but sometimes (especially Maze 8), can be very annoying
Did you find it difficult?
No I did not find it difficult
How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
It was cool I guess
Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles?
Went to the Orange Islands
Do you think we will ever see him again?
I hope so =]

:t354:TG

Amore
June 20th, 2011, 04:14 AM

Loved it. Some of it's difficult - one of the earlier ones with coloured doors is possibly the worst. But if it was all easy, I wouldn't have liked it.

Oh, that's just genius. Kept me out of the place until 2007. Even now, I miss him half the time and just go around clicking on everything that isn't a blank piece of wall until I find him.

Maybe...in the RSE remakes! But actually I'm not too bothered...he's mysterious and weird anyway. Gen VI maybe? Or BW's sequel/3rd version. But I don't know where he could appear...maybe a better use for Lostlorn Forest...a Trick House would kinda suit there. Maybe the winner gets a Zorua egg? Although that'd diminish the value of my event legendary beasts a bit.

But I'd just like to re-emphasise - I love the Trick House!

GXS
June 29th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I liked it, and thought it wasnt to hard ha but def a good chalange

It was fun and was a nice like riddle before the riddles actually started :P

(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?I Think he went into hiding to make the best riddles ever! and yes i beleive we will see him in a remake sooner or later ;P

Doppelgänger
June 29th, 2011, 04:28 AM
For some odd reason, I hardly remember even doing the trick house. I think I may have only done it once, but it looks interesting.

Golden Warrior
July 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
(: What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult? After I figured everything out using my bad photographic memory. No, it wasn't that bad.
(: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room? That was pretty fun to do. Especially when I was distracted and didn't see the sparkle.
(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again? He simply vanished and will return with new tricks when he returns in the R/S remake that I am SURE they will do. (He hadBETTER have new tricks!!!)

The13thSage
July 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
The trick house, in my opinion, was one of the best parts of RSE. It wasn't difficult, for the most part.
Well, obviously, the trick master is a vampire It was an interesting touch that you had to do before you started his puzzle. Since I only memorized the first few hiding spots, it's annoying when you play on an emulator, you push the speedup key as you enter the house, don't see the sparkle, and have to do it again in normal speed. But other than that it's fine.
Hopefully he will be in the third game for BW, but knowing Game Freak, they might not do that. I also hope he returns in the remakes.

Anna
July 5th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I adored the Trick House! It was great for training and I love little puzzles~ It was never too hard though. Finding the Trick Master was never really difficult. I actually didn't realize there was a sparkle for a while and just ended up going up to things and pressing A until I found him. ^^;
I think the Trick Master went to a region we haven't seen yet. Maybe we'll encounter him next generation~

StarBoundDragon
July 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I liked how you had to find the Trick Master by locating the little glint. Playing through the trick house was really fun and i had hoped for more rooms than there were. I don't remember finding it all that hard, though.

Hoenn
July 15th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I love this! it was so fun and a really good way to train before Gyms, plus he gave some good items. It wouldn't be the same in any other game however, it should just be RSE exclusive.

thecalling66
July 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I have always found the sliding floor room difficult at first because you really have to think but other than that the Trick House is dece ;)

I did think it was a cool new thing for the games though! and I love that you get the tent at the end <3

okjoek
July 31st, 2011, 03:07 PM
I liked the trick house. It was something to do and without knowing the prizes my first time through I did it out of curriocity of what i'd get for finishing his countdown of mazes or whatever.

DowntownDumpling
August 19th, 2011, 03:30 AM
I never thought it was very hard, except for the room with all those Mechadolls. That was really frustrating. How the heck am I supposed to know how many Triathletes were on Cycling Road or whatever? I would like it more if it was like Blaine's Gym in Kanto where they just battled you if you got their questions wrong.

Brendino
August 23rd, 2011, 11:43 PM
I loved the Trick House, as it gave you something fun to do, while still training. I remember I was disappointed when I finished all of the rooms the first time, since I enjoyed them so much. I hope they make a return if RSE remakes do happen!

cazzler
August 24th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I also liked the trick house, I wish there was more to it though, well hopefully there will be more in the anticipated RSE Remake.

Symbonite
August 24th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I don't remember finding it difficult at all. I do remember having a ton of fun with it though. :P

I liked the sparkle, and I always wondered why it sparkled, but I have memorized where he hides. :3

I think he went to another region to explore and expand his tricks even more. As everyone else, hopefully in the R/S/E remakes.

Yoshikkko
August 24th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I loved the Trick House, and some parts weren't easy, but they weren't too difficult either which made it fun. It was also a good training place for me because I don't really like grinding on wild Pokémon.

I thought it was a funny detail, the very first time I came to this I had no idea what I had to do lol.

I never thought about it before, but I think he might have an underground hiding place or something haha.

Melody
August 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM
What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?
Kinda difficult but not impossible. Just made you THINK ya know. It certainly added some element of fun to the game.
Meh. Would have been better if he had just been sitting there.
Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?
Who knows? I'm disappointed...the way he disappeared IMPLIED that you'd see him again in a future region of Pokemon or whatever. He has not reappeared yet.