PDA

View Full Version : Shonen Jump

Arlen
April 28th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Is it just me or are the Shonen Jump manga's getting lazy? Another week we're going without any chapters and it just keeps reoccurring every few weeks. I mean it's enough I have to enjoy until I see the cliffhanger at the end and wait a week, but they're constantly delaying the chapters for random reasons and I think pretty much any reason they can find :S

Are there any thoughts on this?

Weeaboo Name
April 28th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Well a few weeks ago it was delayed because of the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear issues they were having. Not actually sure what it is this week but I'm 99.9% sure it isn't lazy mangaka.

Sora
April 28th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Sometimes Mangaka need to take a week off to gather information, or perhaps for more personal reasons. Like what Lapras said, I highly doubt that it's because they're just being outright lazy. Don't forget that Japan is still recuperating from the earthquake.

digi-kun
April 28th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Next week is Golden Week. I assume it's for that. If not, it'd probably be best to expect next week on break as well.

Arlen
April 29th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I understand the problems still in Japan, but I'm not only talking about just recently, but over the past few months. And I don't mean downright lazy :P because if it was my definition of that we'd be getting monthlies.

And I'm hoping they at least come out next week ;O

Weeaboo Name
April 29th, 2011, 02:19 AM
May I ask which series you're talking about, I mean the "big 3" plus Bakuman have all been as regular as can be. Perhaps you're reading series that are being scanned and translated at a slower rate?

Arlen
April 29th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I read mainly Naruto and One Piece, but occasionally I check out Bleach.

Weeaboo Name
April 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Then I certainly don't see your problem, they've missed 2 weeks in.....well, my whole memory.