PDA

View Full Version : That song... :<

Melody
April 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I wanted to post this in OVP, but I decided it might suit C&M better, but you can kick it back to OVP if you doubt.

My question is, actually quite simple. Is there a song that exists, be it one that you like or dislike that you just can't seem to escape from? You know what I'm talking about...that ONE SONG that you ALWAYS hear on the radio even after it's stay on the "Top X" list.

If so, what song is it? Do you like it? Why do you like/hate it? How often do you actually hear it?

Myself personally, anytime I'm near a radio tuned to a Country/Western genre station long enough (2-10 songs usually) I hear "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks.
Now it doesn't actually happen often enough for me to really say the song "Haunts" me, but it does follow me and is usually playing whenever I'm not exerting control over the music playing. (Usually because the radio isn't mine, it's out of my reach or control and they've chosen a station of this genre)

It ALWAYS finds a way to be played as an ominous sign. Anytime I do hear it, it accompanies something big. Not necessarily good or bad...just BIG.
I love the song very much, but I have come to respect it for it's portents to me.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Friday by Rebecca Black -_-

Everyone in my school sings in, no matter what day it is. I hope they drive their car off a cliff.

Thomas
April 28th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Well the song that I probably hate the most is Photograph by Nickelback. It plays on the radio all the time and I just can't escape it. It was one of those songs that everyone just immediately loved and I never got why people liked it so much. Nickelback has just always been one of those bands that I couldn't stand. They weren't bad when they started out, but now every single song they release sounds exactly the same as the previous single.

The guilty pleasure song that I just love when I hear on the radio is probably "Toxic" by Britney Spears. Bloodshy & Avant are one of my favorite producers out there and they killed it on Toxic.

Sora
April 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Christmas Season: Frosty the Snowman. Especially one year when everywhere my mom and I went for Christmas shopping plus every time we went into the car it played.

Any other time of year I guess it would have to be one of Taylor Swift's songs. I pretty much always hear at least one of those songs while I'm in the car listening to the radio. A more recent song would have to be Forget You by Cee Lo Green.

Crystalized
April 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Friday by Rebecca Black -_-[/S]

Yeah, It's Friday for me as well. It's only so popular because it sucks so bad so 122 million decided to watch it on YouTube too see how bad it sucks. BUT THE SONG'S STUCK INSIDE MY HEAD!

NamelessGuy
April 28th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I absolutely despise 6 Foot 7 Foot by Lil Wayne (featuring some other obscure rapper). Granted, I listen to very little modern music, but this particular song is a nuisance. I hear it all the time at my school, which, in my opinion, is full of tone-deaf idiots. If they truly think that autotuning and pitch correction takes talent, then they're horribly mistaken.

I'd rather listen to Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber sing a duet.

Gold warehouse
April 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Every single Christmas song ever.

Astinus
April 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Any other time of year I guess it would have to be one of Taylor Swift's songs.
Same here. I like Taylor Swift, but I don't need to hear her every time I'm in work. And then on the radio when I turn it on. And then on the Internet.

For a specific song, there's Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol and You Found Me by the Fray. Again, I hear those songs all the time in work. Once I even heard those songs three times in one hour. Don't know what was up with that.

And I'm another one haunted by Friday. I introduced my friends to that song, then they introduced it to their friends. Now everyone gets "Fridayroll'd" periodically.

agentwaffle
April 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Any single from Asking Alexandria. They're on the radio all the time, and my friends orgasm over them, and to me, its annoying. Especially "Final Episode". TO me there's nothing special about the band, they seem the same as a mass majority.
And. Their. Songs. Follow. Me. Home.

Oryx
April 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Same here. I like Taylor Swift, but I don't need to hear her every time I'm in work. And then on the radio when I turn it on. And then on the Internet.

For a specific song, there's Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol and You Found Me by the Fray. Again, I hear those songs all the time in work. Once I even heard those songs three times in one hour. Don't know what was up with that.

And I'm another one haunted by Friday. I introduced my friends to that song, then they introduced it to their friends. Now everyone gets "Fridayroll'd" periodically.

I feel awkward liking her because her little brother is in my year at my college, and we're friends on Facebook. I stopped quoting her after that.

For me it has to be The Man Who Can't Be Moved. ;_;

PlatinumDude
April 30th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Almost all the time going back home from school, I hear "E.T." by Katy Perry and Kanye West. It's an okay song.

Team Fail
April 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Friday by Rebecca Black -_-

Everyone in my school sings in, no matter what day it is. I hope they drive their car off a cliff.
I agree. That song kills me when I hear it.
Every single Christmas song ever.
This too. Hey, now I have another reason to look forward to Boxing Day! xD

Plus, at one time, 21 Guns by Green Day was played so much on the radio, that it lost it's kick. I do admit, it is a good song, but if it is overplayed, it kinda looses it's touch. Especially if you hear it four or five times a day. For 3-4 months.

Nuke
April 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I absolutely despise 6 Foot 7 Foot by Lil Wayne (featuring some other obscure rapper). Granted, I listen to very little modern music, but this particular song is a nuisance. I hear it all the time at my school, which, in my opinion, is full of tone-deaf idiots. If they truly think that autotuning and pitch correction takes talent, then they're horribly mistaken.

I'd rather listen to Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber sing a duet.

What do autotuning and pitch correction have to do with 6" 7"?

I feel awkward liking her because her little brother is in my year at my college, and we're friends on Facebook. I stopped quoting her after that.

For me it has to be The Man Who Can't Be Moved. ;_;

I'd love The Man Who Can't Be Moved to be a song like this for me.

Mine would have to be 'I Gotta Feeling' by Black Eyed Peas, ever since its release, it is just always on the radio or being sung by people. Its been nearly two years now.

Mew~
April 30th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Well maybe not anymore. But "Love the way you lie" is just really bothersome. I loved it when it first was released but ever since people just keep listening to it, and it keeps getting spammed on the radio - really now? It's just gotten old... :\

Galukxy
May 1st, 2011, 04:21 AM
There are several songs that I always here on the radio, but the one I hear the most is "Only girl (in the world)" by Rihanna. I don't mind the song, but when I hear it over and over it gets annoying a little bit.

Venusaur♣
May 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Friday by Rebecca Black. That song is played so many times it's not even funny anymore. You'd be amazed how many kids have that as their ring tone to tick each other off :/

hyperblast81
May 3rd, 2011, 04:26 PM
For me it would be Last Man Standing by Pop Evil. Whenever I get on the Rock station, guess what's on? THAT SONG!

Lilith
May 10th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hey hey hey I sing Friday aloud everyday in my house. I love confusing my parents. `_`

The radio has a problem with replaying songs TOO often. I loved Katy Perry's Firework upon it's debut but the radio pretty much murdered that for me. XD

Every time I hear some songs, some bad memories resurface. You see, I listen to my ipod RIGHT before something big is about to happen. Then the news hits like a wave. Then I associate that last song I heard with the event. lol bad. >_<'

Sydian
May 10th, 2011, 10:12 PM
omg like in 9th grade my mom would pick me up from my me maw's house and I swear everyday when we pulled into our neighborhood, The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani would play. I am not kidding. Everyday. It's like they just KNEW.

Well the song that I probably hate the most is Photograph by Nickelback. It plays on the radio all the time and I just can't escape it. It was one of those songs that everyone just immediately loved and I never got why people liked it so much. Nickelback has just always been one of those bands that I couldn't stand. They weren't bad when they started out, but now every single song they release sounds exactly the same as the previous single.

YES OMG IT WAS EVERYWHERE. look at this photograph every time i do it makes me laugh how did our eyes get so red and what the hell is on joey's head GOD. I know all of it because it was so overplayed. And that was YEARS ago.

vaporeon7
May 11th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Although it is almost out of my head, Let's go to the Mall by Robin Sparkles of How I Met Your Mother was super annoying. And it was all Mervyn's fault for getting it stuck in my head. I was singing it in class and I know every word now.

Come on Jessica, come on Tory, let's go to the mall you won't be sorry...

インフェルノの津波
May 11th, 2011, 04:22 AM
The Nyan Cat.

It's...it's everywhere.

And yet it's soooo cute.