PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Oharo
April 30th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Stated in title.

Well, for starters to my introduction, i'm a newbie to this forum (Hurr durr). But I do have some forum experiences though. I usually just leech off avatars people make for me, but sometimes i'll make some myself. Of course, i'm not exactly good at it (Not much going on in my avatar I made. Haha.).

I used to be an avid Pokemon fan, but the flame died back then once I grew older. I guess it was when Gen 4 came out? I'm currently studying for College, so I was feeling nostalgic and decided to pick up my old Gameboy and cartridges. I immediately fell back in love with it. I'm actually planning to buy a NDS right now, just deciding between the 3DS or the DS Lite (for my GBA cartridges of course). But i'm definitely getting White/Soul Silver/Platinum once I get the DS of course. My favorite Pokemon is probably Nidoran (Male) and Charmander. I mostly play with Gen 1 Pokemon.

As for my interests, I don't really watch any television. I mostly just watch animes on my computer and read my mangas. I play video games, mostly First Person Shooters, like Counter Strike, SuddenAttack, etc. I'm not really into these modern FPS's.

I play Squash for a sport, I used to be a regular in it, but I got into an accident and had to quit for a really long time. I don't have the skill to participate in tournaments anymore, but I still play it in my free time now.

I listen to a variety of music, from Rise Against to Dax Johnson (Fantastic pianist btw). I'm currently addicted to songs to Maroon 5, brings back memories when I was younger and still playing Pokemon.

My favourite Generation was probably 3. I know it's hated a lot, and went backwards in some aspects, but it's the one I played the most as a kid. I loved the new graphics, diving, the Pokemon designs and such. Nintendo took a huge jump in Pokemon by replacing almost every Pokemon from Gen 1~2. The only qualm I had with it, was that it lacked a Day~Night system that I loved in Gen 2, and the fact that I couldn't revisit the old regions that I played in Gen 1~2. I wince at the joke of a rival too. But I think every Pokemon generation has it's flaws, and I don't see why Gen 3 should be hated that much.

My name comes from Final Fantasy 8. In Final Fantasy 8, Rinoa says Oharo, as a greeting in the Japanese version. Of course, I didn't play the Japanese version, but I loved FF8. I hated the fact that most fights just needed to constantly use summons, it was cool at first, but then after seeing Ifrit's attacks over 13490581349581 times, I got pretty bored of it.

Might stick around the Welcome section since it seems pretty dead too. But i'll post in other sections too of course.

tl;dr version:

Hello. I'm somewhat experienced with forums already, I liked the Hoenn region, I quit Pokemon for awhile but fell back in love with it.

Dark Piplup
April 30th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Cool! Hey welcome! I say Gen. 1 was great. So is MAroon 5. Well anyways, welcome and enjoy yourself!

Zorua
April 30th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I find it pretty silly how this thread has only one reply. Clearly you deserve more than this.

In any case, welcome to the forums, Oharo! And don't worry, I'm similar to you. I usually make avatars myself, but recently I've been switching off to using Pokemon sprites and whatnot because I'm either too lazy to make my own avatars or I couldn't find enough images to make an avatar out of. It's a sad thing, really.

And it's nice that you play with your favorites~! If I was in your situation, I'd go with the 3DS, but that's really up to personal preference. That and well...the Nintendo DS Lites aren't really in production anymore, so I don't know if that really means if you could still find them around in stores and whatnot.

I don't watch television either(I guess that sort of makes me a bad person, but hey, I watch the news~!). And I'm mostly a person for RPGs and whatnot, and always have been an RPG video game fan for years.

And I actually like generation 3, believe it or not. Generation 3 introduced Jirachi, Regice, Kyogre, Ludicolo, and a lot of my favorites that otherwise wouldn't be so if the generation weren't to exist, etc.

And I didn't know you were an FF Fan! ♥ Unfortunately, I don't play as many FF as I should(being a Xenosaga freak, I tend to play those games more often), but I do tend to play the old games more often than the newer ones.

Anyway, it's nice that your introduction is lengthy, It gives people a general glimpse of who you are, your interests, your hobbies, and stuff like that. Please enjoy the forums(as I'm sure you well) and have fun and whatnot! :D;

Oharo
May 1st, 2011, 02:07 AM
Thanks.

Probably because i'm lazy. Making avatars needs tons of effort. Making it requires the mood to.

Well, i'm planning to transfer some Emerald Pokemons (i.e. Sceptile) to my Soul Silver once I complete it. So i'll probably need it. It's still being sold. Only the original DS is no longer in production.

Awesome. I didn't really play any RPGs except for Pokemon & FF. Well, I do play Battleon and Dragonfable sometimes too though. I think Xenosaga is pretty cool. Oh wait, might've mistook it for Xenoblade. Idk.

Yeah. Each Generation had its perks. Not surprised that there would be other fans.

Thanks.

Vrai
May 1st, 2011, 10:09 PM
tl;dr version:

Hello. I'm somewhat experienced with forums already, I liked the Hoenn region, I quit Pokemon for awhile but fell back in love with it.
cut slightly to make this post less huge lol

Welcome to PC, Oharo! Eh, don't worry about tl;drs. I make them too often myself. :(

That's awesome how you came back in touch with Pokémon, really. You do know that with White, though, you can't use Gen 1 Pokémon until you beat the game? It's kind of a reboot to the series in the manner that you won't find the same old Geodudes in caves or Tentacool in the ocean... they've got new Pokémon for every situation. I've grown accustomed to all of the new Pokémon even though I generally preferred older ones so while it is a pretty big jump it's still a wonderful game to play and probably the one out of the three sets of DS games. It's got a lot of improvements over all of the previous games.

Also I absolutely agree about Gen 3 being awesome. It was so original with all of the Pokémon designs, as well as the idea for Hoenn and the weather trio storyline. I'm really really excited for potential remakes to be released. XD

What's Squash? I've never heard of it. o.o And it kinda sucks that you can't play anymore, though. ;-;

Yeah, a lot of sections need a lot more love. But it should be everyone's goal to go around and post and get everyone more active in the community! 8D; But yes, welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay here! :3

Lily
May 2nd, 2011, 01:12 AM
...but the flame died back then once I grew older.

Ah...haha...ha...am I the only one who found this line + the avatar funny? ಠ_ಠ

Anyhow, welcome to PC! I agree with the above; the avatar is very awesome. It was the first thing I noticed.

Generation 3 did have its perks. I never realized just how many things they added. I guess I'm too stuck in the past.

New people will surely appreciate you posting around here, but make sure to visit other sections as well! Plenty of places to post. Enjoy your stay. =)

Chocoholictan
May 2nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
Stated in title.

I used to be an avid Pokemon fan, but the flame died back then once I grew older.

This happened to me too x( but after the V generation I think my flame is starting to burn again :D

and nice to meet you oharo! I'm new here too.