PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

DeathTone429
April 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm kinda new to this community and thought I would say hello and introduce myself. My name is Daniel James Isom. I live in the United States Of America. I have loved Pokemon since I was 4 years old.
I am now currently 18 years of age and still love the old pokemon games
such as Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Red. I hope I can be welcomed to this fine website and get some help with hacking the different pokemon games while making some new friends.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone.

... ummm I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction as far as getting started on hacking the original pokemon games as I am very new at the whole process...
Thanks again so much I am already enjoying the site alot.

flight
April 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Welcome to PC, Daniel! That seems to be a pretty early age to get into Pokemon(then again, looking at my age....) But in any case, have a fun time here at PC, and contact Hiidoran if you need any help or guidance around the forums. :D; Don't worry, he's an amazing guy, he doesn't bite, etc.

ummm I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction as far as getting started on hacking the original pokemon games as I am very new at the whole process...

Might you PM the ROM hacking mods to see what direction that goes? You see, this wouldn't necessarily be the correct board to ask this, because there are some people who aren't very knowledgeable about the whole ROM hacking area. D:

DeathTone429
April 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks So Much Twilight Sky. I Appreciate all the support and the welcome. I already feel at home.

Vrai
May 1st, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm kinda new to this community and thought I would say hello and introduce myself. My name is Daniel James Isom. I live in the United States Of America. I have loved Pokemon since I was 4 years old.
I am now currently 18 years of age and still love the old pokemon games
such as Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Red. I hope I can be welcomed to this fine website and get some help with hacking the different pokemon games while making some new friends.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone.

... ummm I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction as far as getting started on hacking the original pokemon games as I am very new at the whole process...
Thanks again so much I am already enjoying the site alot.

Heya DeathTone429! Welcome to PC! :3

I've been into Pokémon since I was four, too. 'Cept back then I couldn't even figure out how to do silly things like actually leave your house. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THE CARPET WAS AN EXIT ;__;

If you're interesting in starting out hacking, I'd recommend you take a look through this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) part of that forum. It's got a lot of useful information for you to sift through and figure things out, and if you have any further questions you can search for them or ask them in this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614). A lot of the tutorials out there though are for hacking GBA games... if you're interested in GB/GBC games you might want to ask an author of a hack based off of one of those games what tools they use and how they accomplish everything. GB/GBC game hacking is less laid-out for you than GBA, which makes it harder to get into I suppose but definitely more rewarding if you choose to learn about it. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the site already. :3 If you have any further questions don't be afraid to ask me or any of our forum staff! They're all friendly and will certainly help point you in the right direction. :DD; Enjoy your stay and post a lot!