PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.

Alomar
May 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hello PC,

I've finally made myself an account here on the forum, although i've lurked around throughout the years just reading stuff that intrested me. I never really needed an account to post from but now I've changed my mind.

I have been working on a hack I call Amber Version, and I believe I've gathered enough skill to go through with it and tell people about it!

so feel free to ask me about that or me in general, I also play White, and have played every other version in the past. I enjoy Minecraft, and 360. and work for a private server of a dead game called "Endless-Online" the private server is soon to become an entirely new game, its MMO. and 2D based. but quite addictive.

In Reality terms, I enjoy sports too, I run track; triple jump and the 400. I Bmx as a hobby and play basketball at the Ymca as another hobby, as im 6'5''.

nice to meet you all hah

Lily
May 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome to PC!

Oh, my gosh. You are tallllll. @__@ I'm betting you're really good at basketball, too.

Minecraft is a fun game. Very addicting. Check out the video game section (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) if you're interested in that!

Have fun posting. =D

Alomar
May 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks hah, Im always more than glad to give people my opinion and imput, so ill check there for a COD thread, the game is over-rated.

side note; I need 15 posts to quote someone? lol

Echidna
May 1st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hey Alomar. Welcome to PC. Hope you enjoy your time here. Seems you're interested in hacking. Visit the emulation forum to fall into a wide open world of hacking and meet some of the best rom hackers there is. Be sure to read the general forum rules and those of the emulation forum to do everything according to the rules, and have fun with all the forums have to offer. :D

you don't have to change it, first off you didn't steal the name, and even if you did there is no rule against idea or name theft (i'm not saying you stole it), and no rule that say two hacks can't have the same name.

Alomar
May 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks Pedro, ironically i've seen your name around that section a bit haha. I'll be posting a thread for my hack eventually. I need 15 posts for images ? understandable to prevent spam I suppose. Eitherway check it out when its up.

Well in my first post I said I call it Amber Version, not based on anything just going by gems and minerals. I havent seen all the hacks that have gone through here and i dont believe theres an "Amber"? correct me if im wrong, i know baro had "Ambar" but that didnt go far anyways. If there is one named Amber already mines subject to change then.

Yeah you are totally right. Ive been working on it with the help of some friends irl for ideas, they wanted it to be called pearlescent. but i liked Amber. which is probably what im sticking with.

flight
May 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hiya there, Alomar~!! Welcome to PC, and I personally think that it's about time that you've joined here after years of lurking. xD Though I think it's also good for one to familiarize themselves with the forum before joining it, seeing what discussions take place and things of that nature.

So with that being said, I believe you're also familiar with most of the things taking place around PC, right? If not, please do take a look around and participate in the discussions taking place around the forums~!

Also,

I have been working on a hack I call Amber Version, and I believe I've gathered enough skill to go through with it and tell people about it!

I wanted to wish you good luck on your hacking progress, and I hope that it does become a success in the end~!

Alomar
May 2nd, 2011, 04:28 AM
I wanted to wish you good luck on your hacking progress, and I hope that it does become a success in the end~!

thanks twilight, im getting a thread up soon haha

Chocoholictan
May 2nd, 2011, 04:32 AM
hi Alomar! :D
I'm really new too, but unlike you I'm TOTALLY new around here and have only found this community ^^; sad, I know...

so... I was wondering... what's a hack? I know, stupid question x(
but do indulge me if you don't mind :)

Shining Raichu
May 2nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
Hi Alomar, welcome to the group! I hope you have a great time here, and I'm sure I'll see you around at some point :)

Alomar
May 2nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
hi Alomar! :D
I'm really new too, but unlike you I'm TOTALLY new around here and have only found this community ^^; sad, I know...

so... I was wondering... what's a hack? I know, stupid question x(
but do indulge me if you don't mind :)

hah well nice to meet ya, and this place is pretty sick so enjoy!

anyways, a hack is basically just a mod of an original game on a big scale. for example I'm hacking Firered, turning it into what I call Amber Version. The goal is changing all the maps, trainers, events, gym leaders, wild pokemon etc. All that sort. Maybe you've heard of Shinygold or Quartz version? theyre both pretty well known fan made hacks, its all for fun and not for profit! just to fufill that urge to make your own region and story ha.

Hi Alomar, welcome to the group! I hope you have a great time here, and I'm sure I'll see you around at some point :)

Hey dere Raichu, thanks for the warm welcome! PC is alot friendlier than other forums ive visited hah, thats fosho

Vrai
May 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Hello PC,

I've finally made myself an account here on the forum, although i've lurked around throughout the years just reading stuff that intrested me. I never really needed an account to post from but now I've changed my mind.

so feel free to ask me about that or me in general, I also play White, and have played every other version in the past. I enjoy Minecraft, and 360. and work for a private server of a dead game called "Endless-Online" the private server is soon to become an entirely new game, its MMO. and 2D based. but quite addictive.

In Reality terms, I enjoy sports too, I run track; triple jump and the 400. I Bmx as a hobby and play basketball at the Ymca as another hobby, as im 6'5''.

nice to meet you all hah

Hey Alomar! I see you've already started finding your way around our forum. It's not that often that someone's made 20 or more posts since I come by their welcome thread. XD; It's awesome that you decided to jump from anonymous lurker to a registered member, too! Now you can go shove your opinion down people's throats post wherever you want and stuff which is fun. ;D

Hacking is definitely one of the biggest attractions to PC, and I'm glad it's still picking up a lot of new members. If you ever have any trouble with any aspect of hacking, make sure you hit up the Tutorials (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)section and then search the Simple Questions thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614). Those are probably the fastest and most reliable ways you might get an answer to any question you have.

I've always been interested in Minecraft but I've never really checked it out. What exactly is it that you do in that game? :o Also you're... pretty athletic! Moreso than me, at least. XD; BMX sounds like fun, though I have yet to try it. :(

side note; I need 15 posts to quote someone? lol

Nah, it was just that Lily had a link in her post and you couldn't quote it because you didn't have 15 posts to post the link. Not like that's a problem now, though! XD Anyway, enjoy your time here at the PokéCommunity, Alomar! There's plenty of fun stuff to do (as I'm sure you've realized already) and the community here is incredibly inviting and awesome. Post around and stay active!