PDA

View Full Version : *walks in...*

Krackerz
May 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Well, hey! :) I have recently got back into Pokemon, after a rather long absence due to the "you play Pokemon, you're a geek" stereotype that's not unusual with older teenagers, which is a shame, because Pokemon is one of, if not THE, best handheld series of all time, at least in my opinion.
But I've figured I really couldn't give a dam what people think and the anime is still decent enough.
So yeah, I may be one of the older peeps to have joined here? Or perhaps there're a few 17+ guys and gals around here? I wouldn't know, but it seems like there are LOADS of you! This must be one of the busiest forums I've ever been on (and seriously, I'm a mod on a book forum that I considered to be massive, before having a look in here).
But I think I've blabbed on a bit much! Sorree! :P So I'm from the UK (Scotland, to be exact) and I'm here to enjoy myself, I suppose! :D So... erm... HEY!

Catholic Nun
May 5th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hey! You've come to the right place, there are TONS of older people around here. I'm 20, and I've seen tons of 18s and 21s, even a few 23s. You're in good company.

Welcome aboard! If you need anything, VM/PM me :)

PoketalkCreator
May 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
He's right, most everyone here is in their teens or early adulthood. As for me, I'm 13 :P
Enjoy it here !

Vrai
May 5th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Well, hey! :) I have recently got back into Pokemon, after a rather long absence due to the "you play Pokemon, you're a geek" stereotype that's not unusual with older teenagers, which is a shame, because Pokemon is one of, if not THE, best handheld series of all time, at least in my opinion.
But I've figured I really couldn't give a dam what people think and the anime is still decent enough.
So yeah, I may be one of the older peeps to have joined here? Or perhaps there're a few 17+ guys and gals around here? I wouldn't know, but it seems like there are LOADS of you! This must be one of the busiest forums I've ever been on (and seriously, I'm a mod on a book forum that I considered to be massive, before having a look in here).
But I think I've blabbed on a bit much! Sorree! :P So I'm from the UK (Scotland, to be exact) and I'm here to enjoy myself, I suppose! :D So... erm... HEY!

Hey Krackerz! ...I used to keep my interest in Pokémon all hidden, too. And then I started realizing that a good 60% of my friends were actually closet Pokénerds, just like me. And lately I've honestly been caring less and less about what other people think of me and what I think of Pokémon -- in fact, the other day, someone I know (but someone random kinda) came up and started talking to me about Pokémon, just saying that he heard I was pretty into it. It was kinda awesome and I made a closer friend that day. :D

But yes! I totally agree! Pokémon is amazinggg. :( And the animé has really improved, especially with all of the things people were complaining about before. Like Team Rocket is totally bad now, I guess. No more stealing Pikachu all the time! Annnd I'm turning 17 in July, if that helps. x__x;; There are indeed a lot of people here! PC is definitely the biggest and most awesome forum I've ever been to - plus, everyone here is amazing. If you find anyone intriguing at all, honestly, you can probably just jump over to their profile and send them a Visitor Message. Most people here will have the courtesy to respond. There's just an environment here unlike any other. :3

Naw, it's perfectly fine. I blab myself a lot too. XD And please, do enjoy yourself! There's a lot to do and discuss here, and we definitely love new activity. :)

Oliviahope1992
May 6th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Welcome fellow older person! i'm 18 so you aren't alone :) There's loads of us! This place is extremely friendly =] Also welcome from Scotland! I lived there for 13 years:) awesome place! :D

Krackerz
May 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Ah, thanks, guys! :) I can already tell this place is awesome. Good to hear that there are loads of other older Pokemon fans around. Cheers for the awesome welcome!
Olivia, Scotland is a decent enough place, yeah. Suppose I don't really appreciate it as much, since I've lived here my entire life. XP
Also, for anyone wondering how my love of Pokemon respawned again, finding Diamond in your DS after a couple of years of sitting in a cupboard can do wonders, I tell ya. :P

Zorua
May 6th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Don't tell me that I'm late here already? ;___; I wanted to get the opportunity to welcome you also! So I'm gonna go ahead and do that anyway. :D;

Welcome to PC, Krackerz! And it's true that you shouldn't care what people think. ♥ Honestly, try to be true to yourself above everything else, and stick to your interests. :D;

And I don't really think you "blabbed" and whatnot. .__.; To me, you have a pretty good introduction post. So with that being said, I welcome you again, and wish you the best of times here, yeah? :D;

Krackerz
May 7th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Don't tell me that I'm late here already? ;___; I wanted to get the opportunity to welcome you also! So I'm gonna go ahead and do that anyway. :D;

Welcome to PC, Krackerz! And it's true that you shouldn't care what people think. ♥ Honestly, try to be true to yourself above everything else, and stick to your interests. :D;

And I don't really think you "blabbed" and whatnot. .__.; To me, you have a pretty good introduction post. So with that being said, I welcome you again, and wish you the best of times here, yeah? :D;

Ah, you're not late. :) And if you are, it's fashionably so.

Thanks! That's what I do, to be honest. Be myself and do what I like. :D

And thanks again! I do talk/type rather a lot, when there isn't really a need for it, so apologies to anyone scraping through my posts. XP

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Well, welcome to the forums. lol. There are a lot of older people here for you to interact with, lol. And yeah, pokecommunity is a massive forum, lol. Anywho, i'm 17 in a few days, so i'll probably be joining the 'older teenagers' group you have so nicely narrowed to 17+ members. Anyways, welcome, hope you enjoy your time here.

Krackerz
May 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well, welcome to the forums. lol. There are a lot of older people here for you to interact with, lol. And yeah, pokecommunity is a massive forum, lol. Anywho, i'm 17 in a few days, so i'll probably be joining the 'older teenagers' group you have so nicely narrowed to 17+ members. Anyways, welcome, hope you enjoy your time here.

Haha, meh, more of a general age range I've decided upon. XP Thanks for the welcome! :D

Xxx_Hell Fire_xxX
May 9th, 2011, 06:50 PM
We are all new here lets just take things slow.
(Starts throwing stuff around)
Remember this is a Pokemon Form so stay on Topic
(But i swear ima kill the fool who stole my pop tarts)
And have fun
(Derp.)

Seki
May 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hi my Scottish friend. I am only 13. (14 in 2 months) :P
Hope you enjoy your stay here and age doesn't affect what you like.

myrrhman
May 9th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome, Krackerz!

As many people have said, there's tons of people college age that go to Pokecommunity. I'll be 21 in January (I don't think I've ever been so excited for a day to come, well, I'm pretty excited for HP7 part 2 to come out too) and I don't think that my love for Pokemon could be greater than it is at this time. I have quite a few friends that I go to college with that I've gotten into Pokemon (my girlfriend included lol.) Gotta spread the craze!