PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Here

invisiblewolf
May 6th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Would like to start by introducing my self my name is lanny im 23 yrs old and i first played pokemon back as a kid when it first came out So the first one i owned was Pikachu Yellow Special edition i think if not that then another one lol had the blue version but it was lost during my move to a new town and i beat fire red ruby and didn't really play sapphire or leaf green cause i think the story line is the same Getting ready to trade fire red to ruby then from ruby to emerald, sorry if im rambling on about that But my interest now is to find other version made by ppl and eventually learn how to hack pokemon myself.

Drew
May 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
So basically, to sum that up, you're here for the ROM Hacking area, like so many others. XD

Though, back in the day, most people didn't join for ROM hacking so much as they joined for the hack called Shiny Gold. >__> PC has half it's members thanks to that game. (kidding! or am I?)

Welcome to the forums, Wolf.

Good luck with your ROM hacking efforts, and I hope you're able to find some games that you enjoy. :D

Hermione Granger
May 6th, 2011, 10:33 PM
*awoooooooooooo* *awoo* *awoooooooooooo*

Oh sorry, I mean welcome to PC wolf!
ROM hacking is a fun thing to do, but its also frustrating at times. And you should be ready to accept some criticism. Well anyways, visit the Tutorials (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) section if you want to learn how to hack.

Read the rules and enjoy your stay!

flight
May 6th, 2011, 10:39 PM
This thread has no replies. I am disappointed(even though this thread was just recently made, but still)...

....Ninja'd by Drew and Zeffy. :(

Welcome to PC, Lanny! You can rest assured that you're not the only one that has played one of the early Pokemon games, as there are lots of people just like yourself in this community that have been quite a veteran of the games. And don't worry, your introduction is fine~! Please enjoy your time here at PC and don't hesitate to message me or Hiidoran(the moderator of this section) if you need any help or have any questions surrounding the community, okay? ^^;

Vrai
May 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Would like to start by introducing my self my name is lanny im 23 yrs old and i first played pokemon back as a kid when it first came out So the first one i owned was Pikachu Yellow Special edition i think if not that then another one lol had the blue version but it was lost during my move to a new town and i beat fire red ruby and didn't really play sapphire or leaf green cause i think the story line is the same Getting ready to trade fire red to ruby then from ruby to emerald, sorry if im rambling on about that But my interest now is to find other version made by ppl and eventually learn how to hack pokemon myself.

Hey invisiblewolf! Welcome to PC. :>

That's quite a life story you have with Pokémon there. XD It actually sounds a lot like mine, though though I still played both versions of FR/LG and Ruby/Sapphire because they're awesome. Hacking is a really big attraction at PC, though, and I'm glad you looked here to figure it out. XD To get started, I'd suggest looking through the Tutorials (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) section first, and see what you can do with ROMs and stuff. And if you can't figure something out, make sure to search the Simple Questions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614) thread for help.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time at PC - and good luck with your hack! Make sure you read the rules and stuff before posting, though, especially some of the Emulation rules. Remember that you're not allowed to post ROMs (because they're illegal!!) and you'll have to use IPS patches, and all of that. XD

If you have any non-hacking related questions, don't be afraid to direct them at me. I really haven't hacked in ages so that's probably one of the reasons why I couldn't help you out. :(

Weespotty
May 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the fourms! Hope you sprite well!

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome to PC !! See you're interested in ROM Hacking, lol, nice, go to the Emulation Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) for more information and help on that topic. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Shut up PEDRO, this isn't a hotel !!

invisiblewolf
May 7th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Ty all will be sure to visit everything