PDA

View Full Version : Hoenn .... Beast ?

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 06:49 AM
What do you think about Hoenn ?? Personally, i think it was the best region. I don't know why, but i think it was just great !!!

Dixie Kong
May 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
It's my favorite region and I never really get bored of it, but umm...did you accidentally put beast into the title? XD; I'll edit it for you if you meant best. But yeah, Hoenn is my favorite region, and RSE are my favorite games. I've beaten them countless times.

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hoenn is the best, and no, i meant BEAST.

Beast stands for best where i live, :lol: .

marz
May 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
dude you said it.. hoenn is BEAST.

Guy
May 7th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Best region with the best generation of Pokémon. Of course this is just one opinion, but you said it best. Hoenn is beast. I've replayed Ruby countless times and I never seemed to get tired of it. It's one game I would put a lot of focus on and not have it stalling for days until I pick it up again.

Boomburst
May 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hoeen is by far the best region because of the sheer variety it has. It also has some of the most creative and diverse towns/cities in a Pokemon game. (Fortree and Pacifidlog come into mind)

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
hahaha, nice to know everyone loves hoenn as much as i do !! It is by far the best. The geography is awesome, the gym leaders are the best ever to exist, and probably the reason to make it most loved is that the third generation brought the most upgrades in pokemon gaming systems ever, specifically double battles and awesome graphics.

Dixie Kong
May 7th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah, definitely the toughest gym leaders and Elite Four also. I remember having trouble with ALL of them my first time around. Sometimes they still give me trouble, even after playing RS for 8 years. Also, I never seem to be over level for the E4 in that game, no matter how hard I try. Other games, I'm usually wayyy over level for them.

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
hahaha, nicely said, same goes for me, I've never lost to the E4 in any pokemon game, except in Emerald and Ruby. Hahaha, them being strong makes the games very 'realistic', which is the best aspect a pokemon game, and any other game for that matter, can have.

Lie Ren
May 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hoenn is my favorite region, and I have really good memories of when I first played it, in terms of how fun it was. I've yet to feel the same with any other Pokemon game. Though, Unova is a close second, and technically it's my favorite in terms of the Pokemon themselves. Still, Hoenn will always be #1 to me, I believe.

So, I agree, Hoenn is pretty beast. XD

-really hoping for remakes-

I have a friend who hates Hoenn, because he was sooo annoyed at all the water in the region.

I barely even remember all the water, to be honest. It didn't bug me.

Echidna
May 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah i'm hoping for Remakes too, i guess all Hoenn fans are. I can only try to imagine hoe Sootopolis would look like in BW graphics, and how Rustburu would have Hiunn City.

Perrie ✿
May 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Hoenn is probably my favourite region to be honest, although it has competition with Sinnoh. :3

I enjoy everything about it. :D IMO the gym's weren't that hard for me, well Wallace, Juan and Brawly were but that was it. ;) The E4 was difficult though, I remember having huge problems with Steven in R/S. :( However Wallace was a lot easier for me than an E4 Member than a Gym Leader.

I love it because of the storyline mainly, and a lot of the character's are better than previous/future generations, Archie & Maxie > any other evil team. >:

~Wind~
May 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
So, I'm guessing you're from England? *Beast=Good*
But yeah, I love Hoenn, Emerald was the first game I played seriously, I mean, I had goes on my cousins Yellow and Gold, (Of which the Yellow I now have Inherited (He couldn't bear to give up Gold :3)) but Emerald was the first one I owned completely, did all on my own, etc, etc.
The only bad memory I have is accidentally deleting my whole game because I was saving on low battery. T_T. My Blaziken, I still remember my memories with it, all the way up to Wallace, where it happened.
Anyway, I can't wait until they might remake it.
Greatness in full!

FlameChocobo
May 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I agree, Hoenn is the best region ever aside from Kanto IMO. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are the Pokemon games I enjoy most of the time.

One annoying thing about Ruby and Sapphire is there are certain Gym Leaders I have trouble with, such as Norman with two Slakings (one in Emerald) and a Vigoroth. Those suckers are OP, especially if you Paralyze or Poison them since they have been taught Facade by Norman. Luckily, both of them are restricted by their Traunt ability from one turn each turn they make a move.

Overall: Nice feature, nice storyline, enhanced gameplay, solid graphics, and awesome fun!

Crimson5M
May 7th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Yes, Hoenn is proper well beast.
Lol dialect.
Sapphire was the first mainstream Pokemon game I had, and I also got Ruby. I never had Emerald, until my Mum and Dad banned me from Pokemon because apparently I was too obsessed, I started playing it in secret and my Sister gave me her Emerald. She wanted it back though when she found out I had almost completed it, but by that time my Mum and Dad knew and said she could have it back once I was finished. Tbh the Hoenn games are the only ones I can play about a billion times and not get bored. Really hoping for a remake.

sad boy
May 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
hoenn was the best!!!!!never got bored.your own clubhouses great pokemon what more could you want in a pokemon game.[except for pokemon following you around vio heartgold soulsilver XD]

Aquacorde
May 7th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Wait the slang meaning of "beast" is British? I never knew. It's very common here. /Minnesotan

Anyway, yes, Hoenn is beast. Lovely Pokemon, nice region, natural feel, I loved the water, and the rather ugly trees added to its charm. xD

thegeneticway
May 7th, 2011, 09:58 PM
LOL. Beast.

I haven't heard that word since last year. My school uses "raw" now xD

silly word fads ~

anyway, yea, it's really "beast" XD XD

Echidna
May 8th, 2011, 12:35 AM
So, I'm guessing you're from England? *Beast=Good*
But yeah, I love Hoenn, Emerald was the first game I played seriously, I mean, I had goes on my cousins Yellow and Gold, (Of which the Yellow I now have Inherited (He couldn't bear to give up Gold :3)) but Emerald was the first one I owned completely, did all on my own, etc, etc.
The only bad memory I have is accidentally deleting my whole game because I was saving on low battery. T_T. My Blaziken, I still remember my memories with it, all the way up to Wallace, where it happened.
Anyway, I can't wait until they might remake it.
Greatness in full!

Uhhmm, no !! I'm from Ohio,US. Parma to be exact. 1207 Parkleigh Drive. lol. Its very common around these parts. Beast=Best. We'd be like yelling Hitler's Beast 'the navy Seals are beast !!'.

LOL. Beast.

I haven't heard that word since last year. My school uses "raw" now xD

silly word fads ~

anyway, yea, it's really "beast" XD XD

Uhhmm, well i left the states a few years back, so i wouldn't know, unless you're from somewhere else.

Oharo
May 8th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Yep. Actually, Hoenn was the last version of Pokemon I ever played, so I wouldn't really know. But I enjoyed it thoroughly, the new graphics, colours and all. The desert was totally interesting to me, and seeing completely new breeds of Pokemon just wow-ed me. The new ability system was great too. They took away the Day-Night system, which kind of had me disappointed, but I loved it nonetheless.

Jubilation
May 8th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I love Hoen the most out of every region (and with that, I love Emerald most out of any pokemon game), I love playing my Emerald again and again, but I've lost my charger so I can't play it sadly at the moment : (

Echidna
May 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I swear i would shoot my self if i lost my DS charger !! Well both of them actually (universal port and outlet thingy). :lol:

Alice
May 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
As far as actual regions go, Hoenn is my favorite. It's just the most varied, and has lots of cool features like diving and the two bikes etc.

Echidna
May 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah i just realized this, why was diving removed after Hoenn ?? Hmm never though about this.

DustyFray
May 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
- waves a johto flag in the air -

go johto :3

I liked Hoenn alot, but Johto is a little bit better

TheGr8
May 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
In response to this I want to say that Hoenn was when I really got serious into catching, breeding, battling. I mean the concepts were there in R/B/Y/G/S/C but Hoenn was where it all happened. I'm honestly excited for them to remake this game, and I really hope they do because I'm looking forward to my Blaziken/Sceptile

PlatinumDude
May 9th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hoenn is one of my favorite regions because of its music, and somehow, its storyline, as well as the Pokemon used.

Echidna
May 9th, 2011, 08:00 AM
yeah it has a very good storyline, but it gets better in later gens.

Poke Mitchell
May 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Guess im the only one who didnt like hoenn that much? ^.^
I dont know, I guess the first thing I really didnt like was the starters, they just didnt suit me..
My favorite has to be the originals R/B/Y
But then again, I also like the most up to date one, because you have over 500 pokemon to choose from, tons of moves, tons of items, and a little bit more to do after the elite four/main story.

I love all pokemon games but i think hoenn was one of my least favorites.
But still; Would buy a remake asap if it came out :)
Looking forward to it! :D

TheGr8
May 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Guess im the only one who didnt like hoenn that much? ^.^
I dont know, I guess the first thing I really didnt like was the starters, they just didnt suit me..
My favorite has to be the originals R/B/Y
But then again, I also like the most up to date one, because you have over 500 pokemon to choose from, tons of moves, tons of items, and a little bit more to do after the elite four/main story.

I love all pokemon games but i think hoenn was one of my least favorites.
But still; Would buy a remake asap if it came out :)
Looking forward to it! :D

Once I am done with my tournament team on black, I am replaying Emerald :) yeah I agree. I miss the old days of R/B/Y. I just remember Blastoise's sprite was like huge.

Seki
May 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
but Johto is a little bit better

Completely agree with you.

However, I like Hoenn's landscape, towns such as Pacifidlog Town and Fortree City. They are all very unique in their own ways, such as Pacifidlog Town is a town made of wood, which resembles a fish farm and Fortree City is a town made out of trees.

And this is what i meant by a fish farm as there are many types of fish farms.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/3137326949_4cace33cdf.jpg

jespoke
May 9th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Hoenns landscape can become sooooooo beautiful with 5. gen graphics... (Foretree, Pacifidlog, Falabor and Verdanturf...)

Echidna
May 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah i mean, imagine how fortree and sootopolis would look like. My god they would be the best ever. When i think about Hoenn remakes, i almost faint. *faints*

Gwaponezz
May 11th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I Wish there was a remake of R/S/E
Shiny Ruby
Deep Saphire
Hidden Emerald
=D i thought of that as remakes after HGSS was released.

Shasjas
May 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
as a region its one of the best, but i dont like the choice of pokemon.
why the hell did they take out secret bases for all subsequent games? seriously, they were such a great idea, i dont know how they could be stupid enough to remove them.

Darkrai::.
May 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Agreed, i tink hoenn's the best region too, for one reason i really liked May and max who visited on the anime. Im also a fan of the weather trio, and sceptile, blaziken and swampert too.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
It's my joint favourite region, tied with Johto :)

It just had so much to offer, the pokémon, storylines, tough Gym Leaders in Emerald, the two rival teams, two of the best protagonists imo, the cities themselves, like Sootopolis underwater and Fortree City built on trees, the introduction of Diving, the Battle Frontier in Emerald, Steven / Scott, Rayquaza, contests and ribbons and pokéblocks, some of the new HMs / TMs, Match Call - rematches with Gym Leaders, the fact that a Gym Leader was your father...

I could go on and on, but I shall resist :)

AllentheGuitarist
May 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah... I really enjoyed 3rd gen, but I just can't get over how much 2nd gen had to offer. The storyline was better in 3rd gen, but it seemed like it was over far too quickly coming from 2nd, ya know?

I feel like revisiting older places should become a staple in pokemon games.

MikeyOak
May 24th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Hoenn is blates the beast and I hope for a remake because my copy of emerald dun work anymores :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
It didn't age well. I liked it at first, but after playing through it several times, the copious amounts of water really started to get to me. Also, those "unique" town concepts, I just found weird and them attempting to "be different for the sake of being different."

Hoenn did have its share of good ideas, but of the regions it seems the least realistic to me because of all those towns like Fortree, Sootopolis, and Pacifidlog that aren't the typical town.

ManhattanTheStarr
May 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM
As of now, Hoenn is definitely my favorite region. I actually started playing Pokemon in the Hoenn generation (not truly proud of it, though... wish I'd started earlier :x). I love how Hoenn is like the more tropical region in the Pokemon games with all the water routes and islands. It also had the best music, best Pokemon designs, and best cities/towns. I feel very nostalgic towards Hoenn as well, so I would looove to see a remake of R/S (or even Emerald, since I never got to play it before). I also don't get why so many people hate on Hoenn, but now all of a sudden, there's so much love for Hoenn. =/ Maybe because it's almost time for them to be remade. Well... when you consider the "tradition".

Nakuzami
May 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM
And here I remember everybody hating Hoenn, forever and evers.
It is definately my favorite region, and it always has been. It's home to some of my favorite pokemon.

Uhhmm, no !! I'm from Ohio,US. Parma to be exact. 1207 Parkleigh Drive. lol.

O.o... ... ... ... ...I know where you live
Will you still be all "lol" when I show up at your door? I know I will :3

Jk (or am I?) ;3

Liquid Halo
May 25th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Hoenn is my least favorite region, I am not fond of the pokemon, the foe teams make no sense and are stupid and May/Brendan are the most pathetic rivals of the franchise.

In the little of the anime I watched before it died for me May annoyed me and is ugly. I always play as Brendan in the games. As for the towns being so unique, Paciflog and Foretree sure but that's only two. What's so special about the others?

I do enjoy the games to an extent however. Particularly the contests those are always fun.

Jesspke
May 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Typical, I like the Pokémon, but it's the only gen I ain't played with.
Starters were my fave of the lot, and it has ALOT of my fave Pokémon in it, too. And Sableye is my favorite at the minute.
I'm waiting patiently for them remakes for now..

Robin DvX
May 26th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Sapphire, Kyogre, Hoenn, Beast.

Fer serious, I've played that game deader than dead.

Absol Fire
May 26th, 2011, 04:08 AM
To be honest,I found that game to be amazing.simple storyline,amazing Pokemon,And i also found Mossdeep City to be pretty unique as well.All in all,It was actually my favorite region.

Kaori
May 26th, 2011, 04:14 AM
One thing about Hoenn and the games that none of the other Pokémon games had by far interested me in, was restarting. I could restart these games and travel through Hoenn over and over again, and within each time I'd give myself a harder challenge for completion. Many would agree that GSC gave a main nostalgic feeling towards Pokémon, but for me it was RSE. Hoenn (even the Pokémon anime during this time) brings back a good chunk of my childhood memories, especially each time I'd travel that region, over and over again. n_n

So yes, Hoenn is beast, and my favorite region. Sure it has its pros and cons, but there are also some things about this region that other generations lack.

Echidna
June 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
And here I remember everybody hating Hoenn, forever and evers.
It is definately my favorite region, and it always has been. It's home to some of my favorite pokemon.

O.o... ... ... ... ...I know where you live
Will you still be all "lol" when I show up at your door? I know I will :3

Jk (or am I?) ;3

hahaha, sorry, but i moved, that's what the 'from' meant ! :)

solarowl
June 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
The Pokemon were cool, but the storyline sucked.
One thing that is the main factor of why I want remakes is because of the music. There are countless tunes I love in it, such as Lilycove, Slateport, Gym Leader theme, Abandoned Ship, etc.

Hilbert
June 6th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah and i hope they won't destroy it on the remake...

Echidna
June 7th, 2011, 03:01 AM
remakes are called remakes because they're remakes. .... ? I know how that sounded, but what i mean is that remakes are done to remake a game better than it originally was.

psyanic
June 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I liked Hoenn as a whole. It was a nice tropical region with a new view against caves or large cities, (Kanto & Johto respectively). I liked the basis for adding rain effects on some routes, and the sunny effect as well. I love the Pokemon, specifically Aggron, Swampert, and Salamence. Music was delightful, and the traveling became lengthier and a tad more exciting. The story wasn't exactly the best in the world, but what do you expect from Nintendo really? They at least decided to add Team Aqua/Magma. I was getting sick of Team Rocket. Aqua/Magma actually had a tiny bit of success awakening their respective legendaries, and the Emerald version really enhanced it. What's not to love?

Echidna
June 11th, 2011, 02:02 AM
You're my new best friend !!

You're perfectly right. all you said is true, and all that makes hoenn the best, along with introducing Cutscenes in emerald (Rayquaza flying down), and introducing double battles, and the first ever time of there being two villain teams (only in emerald), and the first ever battle frontier (except the battle building thingies in ruby, sapphire, and crystal..., but this was the first 'frontier'...).

There was even a very quick boost in graphics and animated sprites (emerald), also contests and battle center thingies. Also a very expanded set of legendary pokemon (Of course the high number of legendary pokemon was abused in gen 4, but it was great in gen 3). There was also dive, which is by far the greatest graphics effect ever, and removing it later was stupid. Gen 5 did introduse diving again, but only in one area, and it sucked.

I think EV training was also first introduced in gen 3, which made training so much more fun and more precise. Natures were also introduced in gen 3.

Hoenn was also the best looking region of them all, bringing a huge variety of new pokemon, 135 to be exact. Also the great number of sidequests (Compared to previous games, and limited here to items and battles, but sidequests none the less).

Yeah, i think hoenn and gen 3 in general were the best ever in the whole pokemon RPG series.

pankakes123
June 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
By far my favorite region. The pokemon were great, the locations were beautifully designed, and the characters were full of personality.

Pokemon Game Fan
June 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I like Hoenn and Johto equally.

Echidna
June 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, johto's great too, but i still think that there will never be a better reigon than hoenn, reasons mentioned above.... ^_^

You're perfectly right. all you said is true, and all that makes hoenn the best, along with introducing Cutscenes in emerald (Rayquaza flying down), and introducing double battles, and the first ever time of there being two villain teams (only in emerald), and the first ever battle frontier (except the battle building thingies in ruby, sapphire, and crystal..., but this was the first 'frontier'...).

There was even a very quick boost in graphics and animated sprites (emerald), also contests and battle center thingies. Also a very expanded set of legendary pokemon (Of course the high number of legendary pokemon was abused in gen 4, but it was great in gen 3). There was also dive, which is by far the greatest graphics effect ever, and removing it later was stupid. Gen 5 did introduse diving again, but only in one area, and it sucked.

I think EV training was also first introduced in gen 3, which made training so much more fun and more precise. Natures were also introduced in gen 3.

Hoenn was also the best looking region of them all, bringing a huge variety of new pokemon, 135 to be exact. Also the great number of sidequests (Compared to previous games, and limited here to items and battles, but sidequests none the less).

Yeah, i think hoenn and gen 3 in general were the best ever in the whole pokemon RPG series.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
What makes Hoenn unique from the rest is the secret bases and Fortree City, I think Hoenn was the most creative in design

:t354:TG

Brendan859
June 27th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I totally agree.Hoenn has:

Awesome Music
Secret Bases
Fortree City(FTW)
Battle Frontier
Wide open areas
Beautiful scenery
2 Villain Teams
2 Rivals
Caves
Big Cities
Awesome Story
Double Battles
A Space Station
A Weather Institute
A lot of Islands and Sea Routes
Badass Starters
Badass Pokemon(Salamence FTW)
Tropical Enviroment
Awesome Legendaries
Contests

Anything else? >:D

Toshiro.
June 29th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I honestly hated Hoenn... lol.

Something about Hoenn annoys me, maybe the horrible game graphics, or maybe the pokemon designs. Idk, but I think Hoenn is my least favorite region.

miju-kun
July 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Hoenn :D

I actually HATED the contests but other than that, everything else is amazing, including the ugly trees xD.

Cyndaquil312
July 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hoenn, The land of double battles, "real" weather, and the ORIGINAL battle frontier. Personally, Hoenn and R/S/E are my favorites, I love the pokemon, the maps were big (unlike some *cough* Kanto's Rt.7 *cough*), and you never seem to run out of things to do. From berry harvesting, to the contest halls. Hoenn had it all, including my favorite HM: Dive.

Not to mention, outside of "returning to Kanto" in G/S/C, at it's point of release, it was the biggest region, just so much to explore!