View Full Version : What would your reaction have been if...?

Maple Leaf
May 8th, 2011, 9:05 AM
What would your reaction have been if Pokémon franchise was canceled after the first OR second generation?
I wouldn't have minded since I wasn't a fan back then.

I'm not just referring to the games. I'm talking about the franchise as a whole.

May 8th, 2011, 9:59 AM
i wouldnt've minded either, since i wasn't even born back then.

i think i wouldn't know what pokemon was.

May 8th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'd of been dissapointed, since I started playing when Gen II got released, so if they cancelled it at gen1 i wouldn't of cared as I didn't know what pokemon was. But if it had been Gen II i supposed I'd be a little gutted, and I definatly would'nt be a fan now. :/

May 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM
The first Pokémon game I got was Gold (Gen II), so if they cancelled it after Gen I I doubt I'd really care about the franchise since I wasn't even old enough to play video games back then. :P

Seeds Horizon
May 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Uber sad...Since I have played since Gen I, and Pokemon Yellow has and always will be one of my favorite games ever.Though I think I would eventually moved on, I would have been left with the lingering regretful question of "What if..?". I think it would also have impacted many lives, and many different companies. Im so glad Pokemon didnt get canceled <3

Digimon Kaiser
May 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I probably would've committed suicide due to having nothing to look forward to.

May 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I would have been upset when it happened, but after a while, it would have been all right. I have a history of enjoying shows/games and having them suddenly end for whatever reason, so adding Pokemon's hypothetical end if it happened back then would have just been another one added to the list.

Though, I doubt I would ever have joined forums and made the friends I have, so... It wouldn't be all good.

On an off-topic note, everyone saying that they weren't born yet or really young when Pokemon was in it's second generation is making me feel old.

May 8th, 2011, 1:08 PM
I never played anything past G/S as a child(Because I never got a GBA) so it wouldn't have really made a difference to me until around 15 when I started playing again.

May 8th, 2011, 3:30 PM
I probably wouldn't have cared as much seeing how they weren't so far in XD; Then again, I'd probably feel the same if it ended around gen. X or so, except for a different reason (that being they've made enough generations already and needed to end it eventually).

May 8th, 2011, 4:19 PM
I guess I would have been upset, seeing as I was a major fan back then :x

But, if it stopped after the third gen. I wouldn't have minded at all.

May 8th, 2011, 5:04 PM
I wasn't old enough to play video games back then, so like many others, it probably wouldn't have mattered to me. My life would probably be a lot different though, if I'd have never gotten into it in the first place.

May 8th, 2011, 5:12 PM
I would have been really dissapointed, I've been playing the games since Gen 1, and used to collect the cards. I would most likely have forgotten about the whole thing quite quickly though, seeing as I must have been pretty young when it all started. EDIT: After a quick search on the net it seems Pokemon came out around 1998, I would have been 10) >.

May 8th, 2011, 8:36 PM
From what I read, Pokemon was supposedly going to have only one generation. But that's not the point of this thread, thought people would've liked to know.

And I can't answer the question 'what would your reaction be...' because I didn't start with Gen I or II, I started with Gen III. :/

If the question was 'what do you think would happen if...', then I can answer that. If Pokemon was cancelled during Gen I or II, then there would be less Pokemon fans. I would stick to Final Fantasy and think of Pokemon as 'sickening'. I never really liked the old generations when I was a kid. When my father offered to buy me Pokemon Red and Crystal when I had my GBA SP, I refused saying 'i hate those'. :/

If I pretend that I started with Gen I or II, my pretend reaction would be 'I'd be sad because those games are memorable to me bla bla bla'.

May 9th, 2011, 1:06 AM
A long time ago, I wouldn't have cared. but if it happened right at this moment theen I'd be devestated.

Maple Leaf
May 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
From what I read, Pokemon was supposedly going to have only one generation. But that's not the point of this thread, thought people would've liked to know.

And I can't answer the question 'what would your reaction be...' because I didn't start with Gen I or II, I started with Gen III. :/

Yeeeeah. The actual question was pretty much for those who knew the series back then.

I was trying to see if they would be somewhere along the lines of "WHAT?!" when they found out that it was being cancelled at such a young age.

And of course, for those who didn't like the games back then or weren't around, the question wouldn't apply to them.

May 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I don't know !! One can't really tell these things !! lol. I mean i try to think of it, and here's what i come up with: "Do i remember if i LOVED pokemon back then like i do now ?? Hmm, i don't know !! So how would i feel ?? I really can't tell !!"

But when i think deeper, I faint I find that i probably wouldn't have felt a thing (probably !!). I really started yo absolutely love pokemon when gen 3 came out (emerald to be exact), so i probably would have had minimum sadness. lolz

May 9th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Hmm, Pokemon cancelled after the 1st gen. That would be weird, cos if it didn't end up with all the 649 Pokemon we have today, I wouldn't have enjoyed Pokemon.

May 9th, 2011, 4:44 PM
Well, I wasn't alive back then, so there you go.

I'm only 12 XD